• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do muslims hate democracy

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
You're welcome to believe that, I guess.
:shrug:

It was never likely I was going to try and takeover my street, nor that if I did so I'd be able to knock it over in a time-frame relevant to this thread.
The lack of a poster on RF from being able to take over their street is one of the least compelling pieces of 'support' I have ever seen in my life.
It's somewhat akin to an atheist challenging you to convert them. But I'll admit, your challenge is more fun.
I dunno if that's intentional or not, but it's almost thread inspiring, to be honest.

Lucky. I was worried there you were going to have a conversation not on your own terms.
I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that not all Muslims are inspired by the message of the Qur'an then. Kinda matches what I've seen about every ideology, religious or otherwise, I've ever come across.

Perhaps there are other elements at play than the 'inspiration' of the Qur'an? Perhaps it has always been the case? Perhaps Occam's Razor would suggest it's certain, in fact?

Anyhow, you want to discuss this or anything else, I'm here. Not a fan of ring-fenced and self-serving discussions, but I'll persevere for a while if you have interest.

Response: Common sense should be able to tell you that the challenge cannot be answered. Thus you should be able to deduce logically that the challenge proves the Qur'an is true without attempting it. Just like it does not necessitate one to stab their self just to prove to someone that a stab womb will cause you to bleed. Common sense should give you the answer without attempting to stab yourself. The same applies with the Qur'an challenge. Yet the challenge is presented for those who insist on actual scientific or testable evidence, rather than using basic logic. Either way, the challenge holds firm that the Qur'an is true, which was the point I intended to demonstrate.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Response: Common sense should be able to tell you that the challenge cannot be answered. Thus you should be able to deduce logically that the challenge proves the Qur'an is true without attempting it. Just like it does not necessitate one to stab their self just to prove to someone that a stab womb will cause you to bleed. Common sense should give you the answer without attempting to stab yourself. The same applies with the Qur'an challenge. Yet the challenge is presented for those who insist on actual scientific or testable evidence, rather than using basic logic. Either way, the challenge holds firm that the Qur'an is true, which was the point I intended to demonstrate.
So, what's the "logic?" That the Koran is true because all Muslims believe so?

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
I like this Muslim!
He's rather awesome xP

It's a shame that your suggesting that other religions don't hold similar values, if not directly the same but are just expressed differently, as if Islam, or rather the Quran, is of entire truth, the only truth, and is the only word of God. Shame dude -.- Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam are more alike than you think xP All of it is just practiced, exercised, and expressed differently.

Al-Fatihah.. go you ^^ but think outside of the box.. just.. a bit.. more..duuuude.. for me..

@Hay, You got stumped on the promiscuity defense dude lol

Last edited:

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
So, what's the "logic?" That the Koran is true because all Muslims believe so?

Response: The logic is exactly as stated in the Qur'an challenge. As the Qur'an challenge provides a hands on-eyewitness account that inspiring enough followers to help him/her conquer and rule a nation, or just the street you live on, by using human-made speech/literature that goes against what the people want is humanly impossible, because anyone who takes the challenge will fail and not come close to answering it. And since it is clearly humanly impossible to use human-made speech/literature to achieve the act, then that means that the Qur'an that Muhammad used to inspire enough followers to conquer a nation was not the invention of any human/s, but from one who has greater power and authority than humans, and that is Allah.

sojourner

Response: The logic is exactly as stated in the Qur'an challenge. As the Qur'an challenge provides a hands on-eyewitness account that inspiring enough followers to help him/her conquer and rule a nation, or just the street you live on, by using human-made speech/literature that goes against what the people want is humanly impossible, because anyone who takes the challenge will fail and not come close to answering it. And since it is clearly humanly impossible to use human-made speech/literature to achieve the act, then that means that the Qur'an that Muhammad used to inspire enough followers to conquer a nation was not the invention of any human/s, but from one who has greater power and authority than humans, and that is Allah.
But that's not logical, since you claim the Koran wasn't "human made."

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Problem is, it's the thesaurus, not the dictionary that lists "appoint" as a synonym for "elect." As we all know, a thesaurus is an imprecise source. It makes suggestions for alternate terms that may work, depending on the context. In the particular context, the two terms are not synonymous. It's the definitions we're after, for purposes of the argument, and the definitions indicate a difference, made all the more cogent by the context.

Your attempt to blur the distinction by substituting a "suggestion" for a definition is infantile, at best.

Response: No source on the planet says a thesaurus is an imprecise source that makes alternate suggestions depending on context. Another invalid and false claim easily exposed. A thesaurus is a lists synonyms and antonyms. Even the dictionary says this. And a synonym is a word that shares the same meaning as another. So by definition, and the definition is what we are after as you say, then you've just failed again with your definition of a thesaurus.

Debunked as usual.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
But that's not logical, since you claim the Koran wasn't "human made."

Response: And your failure to answer the Qur'an challenge supports the fact that it is not human-made. Thereby demonstrating that it is from Allah. Otherwise, you would answer the challenge and prove differently.

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
Response: And your failure to answer the Qur'an challenge supports the fact that it is not human-made. Thereby demonstrating that it is from Allah. Otherwise, you would answer the challenge and prove differently.

So..Can we have a bible challenge?

Can you take the bible challenge..

Last edited:

sojourner

Response: No source on the planet says a thesaurus is an imprecise source that makes alternate suggestions depending on context. Another invalid and false claim easily exposed. A thesaurus is a lists synonyms and antonyms. Even the dictionary says this. And a synonym is a word that shares the same meaning as another. So by definition, and the definition is what we are after as you say, then you've just failed again with your definition of a thesaurus.

Debunked as usual.
Dude. Whatever. I invite you to come to Washington and attempt to elect a justice to the Supreme Court, or to appoint a president to the Oval Office, and see how far you get.

sojourner

I never intended to "answer" the "challenge." It means nothing. It's bogus. Get lucid!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Most women wear sexy clothes because that's the fashion -- not because they're inviting sex. And to assume the latter is sexism at its worst.

well...some of them do wear them to seduce the men they like. What's wrong with that?

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
@Hay, You got stumped on the promiscuity defense dude lol

I didn't get stumped. It's Al Fatiyah who claimed that wearing those clothes leads necessarily to promiscuity: which is not true.
I defend personal creativity and freedom of sexual expression: which are sacred, given that we all are unique and unrepeatable beings.
Muslims tend to create a homogeneous society in which everyone imitates one another. This is not something creative: it is the expression of a meaningless sterile life.
A woman has the right to express herself however she wants. She has the right to wear provoking clothes.
So I think that any authority preventing a woman from doing that, is not inspired by God, but it's God's eclipse. I am sorry, but that's the truth

Last edited:

mahasn ebn sawresho

Response: Islam is the religion prescribed by Allah and Allah knows best. So naturally, only a Muslim should be given authority in an Islamic State. As a Muslim knows best to establish Islam rather than a Christian or any other non-Muslim.
Explicit answer
This means that Islam does not know democracy
Because human origin belonging to the homeland
Not belonging to a religion
If Islam control a European country
It will abolish all laws of fundamental freedoms
Thank you

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Explicit answer
This means that Islam does not know democracy
Because human origin belonging to the homeland
Not belonging to a religion
If Islam control a European country
It will abolish all laws of fundamental freedoms
Thank you

Precisely. In Europe all governments are secular, which implies that all the religions are equal before the law. It doesn't deal with Christian-influenced governments because all of them allow abortion, which is a grave sin in Christianity.
Perfectly secular states like Holland even allow euthanasia

Last edited: