• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do muslims hate democracy

Shad

Veteran Member
Response: Muslims in a Muslim State are in the economic bad conditions they are in not due to Islam, but a result of the oppression by the West. As Muslims were the most prominent and educated in the World, only until the West conquered and oppressed them with divide and conquer tactics for imperialism.

Power and progress shifted to the West long before colonialism. Much of the Ottoman Empire's issues were internal conflict between religion, tradition and modernization.

Harikrish

Response: For starters, there is no Islamic country in the world. There are countries governed by Muslims. There is a difference. For no country is governed by Islamic law only. There are governed by Islamic practices and cultural practices.

As for the rest, no country gives women or anybody for that matter the freedom to choose whatever they want. So using your logic, both Muslim and non-Muslim countries are at fault. And in the case of democracy, democracy is a concept based on subjectivity whereas Allah's law is objective. So democracy can never over rule or be better that Allah's law. Hence the failure of democracy in comparison to Islam.

There is a reason no Islamic country has fully adopted Sharia Law. Illiterate people running around with chopped off hands and skulls cracked open from stoning have little functional value left. Keeping the people ignorant achieves the same objective as mass suppression.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Response: Muslims in a Muslim State are in the economic bad conditions they are in not due to Islam, but a result of the oppression by the West. As Muslims were the most prominent and educated in the World, only until the West conquered and oppressed them with divide and conquer tactics for imperialism.

Ironic.. Your "challenge" is to conquer a nation against the wills of the people, like Muhammed-- and yet you blame economic conditions on West oppression and imperialism. Pretty warped.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Ironic.. Your "challenge" is to conquer a nation against the wills of the people, like Muhammed-- and yet you blame economic conditions on West oppression and imperialism. Pretty warped.

Response: To the contrary, the challenge is for you yourself to that it is humanly possible to conquer and rule a nation by inspiring followers with human-made speech that goes against their liking. You failed to do so, thus supporting the fact that the Qur'an that Muhammad used is not human-made but of divine origin. Thanks.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Response: Islam is based on the Qur'an and Sunnah. Not the Ottoman Empire. So I am not concerned as to whether they were or not.

You said that Islam is incompatible with democracy. so...what about all those Muslims who live in democratic countries (in Europe and America)?

How can a Muslim be really a Muslim in a democratic country?

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Power and progress shifted to the West long before colonialism. Much of the Ottoman Empire's issues were internal conflict between religion, tradition and modernization.

Response: And the power shift was due to divide and conquer tactics employed by the West.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
There is a reason no Islamic country has fully adopted Sharia Law. Illiterate people running around with chopped off hands and skulls cracked open from stoning have little functional value left. Keeping the people ignorant achieves the same objective as mass suppression.

Response: And because the West supported and put into place regimes that allow such atrocities, it's clear as to why there is no Islamic Country, which is due to policies and imperialism by the West, Not Islam.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Response: To the contrary, the challenge is for you yourself to that it is humanly possible to conquer and rule a nation by inspiring followers with human-made speech that goes against their liking. You failed to do so, thus supporting the fact that the Qur'an that Muhammad used is not human-made but of divine origin. Thanks.

And billions of Muslims, you included, haven't been able to control and rule their own economic well-being-- even with the help of the divine Quran, and Allah himself!! The difference between me and you is this: I don't have the urge to conquer my own nation, but you do have the urge to take control of your religions economic well-being, and haven't been able to do so. You can't even complete your own challenge, with the help of the Quran and Allah. It's laughable.. And it's completely disrespectful to Allah, that you are failing.

xkatz

Response: Islam is based on the Qur'an and Sunnah. Not the Ottoman Empire. So I am not concerned as to whether they were or not.
Islam may be based on the Quran and Sunnah but it's intellectually dishonest to ignore how Islamic ideas and practice would impact the geopolitics, policies, history, and general populaces of Muslim nations.

Last edited:

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
You said that Islam is incompatible with democracy. so...what about all those Muslims who live in democratic countries (in Europe and America)?

How can a Muslim be really a Muslim in a democratic country?

Response: By following the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Harikrish

And billions of Muslims, you included, haven't been able to control and rule their own economic well-being-- even with the help of the divine Quran, and Allah himself!! The difference between me and you is this: I don't have the urge to conquer my own nation, but you do have the urge to take control of your religions economic well-being, and haven't been able to do so. You can't even complete your own challenge, with the help of the Quran and Allah. It's laughable.. And it's completely disrespectful to Allah, that you are failing.

I think Muslims are beginning to take responsibility for their own failures. They are toppling their leaders and slaughtering their own people. We just need to give them more time to finish the job.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Islam may be based on the Quran and Sunnah but it's intellectually dishonest to ignore how Islamic ideas and practice would impact the geopolitics, policies, history, and general populaces of Muslim nations.

Response: Yet it is the intellect of the Qur'an and Sunnah that benefits policies and Muslim nations. So it is intellectual dishonest to ignore that.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Response: By following the Qur'an and Sunnah.

You know...in democratic countries a husband cannot force his wife to wear the veil. And he cannot prevent her from wearing sexy clothes

...so? how is it compatible?

Last edited:

Al-Fatihah

Muslim

Response: And billions of Non-Musims, including you, have not been able to control your own economic well-being, thus exposing your self with your own hypocrisy. So the difference is that you still cannot quote anything from the Qur'an or Sunnah that shows itself to be unjust or false. Not one. So your own rebuttals continue to support the fact that Islam is the solution, while your democratic systems continue to be problematic in finding solutions for oppression, poverty, crime, etcc. Thus the laugh is on you.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
You know...in democratic countries a husband cannot force his wife to wear the veil. And he cannot prevent her from wearing sexy clothes

...so?

Response: Yet in a democratic country, a person can be forced to take off their veil and be forced to put one on and make women choose what clothes to wear, as long as the votes are there....so?

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Response: Yet in a democratic country, a person can be forced to take off their veil and be forced to put one and make women choose what clothes to wear, as long as the votes are there....so?

votes?:sarcastic
what are you taking about?

and no Muslim woman is forced to take off their veil.

Sir, listen to me. you are a male, so you can only be interested in what a Muslim man should do to be a good Muslim. You are not supposed to be interested in what Muslim women do. Leave them alone. What they do is not your concern.
So I don't understand why it bothers you that Muslim women may wear (and are allowed to wear) sexy clothes

Last edited: