• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do muslims hate democracy

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
No it didn't. I posited that shame and honor were deeply imbedded in sexual identity in the Islamic world, and that women are dehumanized because of it -- seen more as property to be protected than as self-determined people to be respected. I argued that the preoccupation is for Islamic males to own that which is not Islamic male, and that that causes a level of entitlement that perpetuates systemic violence against half of the population and is the basis of the Islamic dislike of democracy.

Your post addressed none of that -- and I suspect your next one won't, either, because you know I'm right and you don't have a good answer.

Response: You made a bunch of claims that that are also displayed and acted out in Non-Muslim societies as well, thus showing the hypocrisy in your own argument and refuting yourself as usual.

Furthermore, Islam is based on the Qur'an and Sunnah, yet when asked to provide a quote from either source to support your claim, you again fail to present one. So you have demonstrated that not only is your ideology is unproductive with no solution, but your failure to quote anything unjust from the Qur'an or Sunnah supports the fact that Islam is the solution. Thanks for the assistance.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Response: You made a bunch of claims that that are also displayed and acted out in Non-Muslim societies as well, thus showing the hypocrisy in your own argument and refuting yourself as usual.

Furthermore, Islam is based on the Qur'an and Sunnah, yet when asked to provide a quote from either source to support your claim, you again fail to present one. So you have demonstrated that not only is your ideology is unproductive with no solution, but your failure to quote anything unjust from the Qur'an or Sunnah supports the fact that Islam is the solution. Thanks for the assistance.
:faint::thud::faint:

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Bull crap. The West isn't the one doing the beheading and other acts of terrorism. The West buys their oil, for Pete's sake. The Islamic problems are entirely internal and of your own making. This is but another example of Muslim males blaming everyone but themselves for their own actions.

Response: Nor does anything in Islam teach terrorism or beheading. So you continue to make my point and demonstrate that Islam is just. Thanks.

Whereas the rise to power by the West is based on slavery and imperialism. Hence the slaughter of Native Americans, the slave trade of Africans to America and Western countries, and the fact that poverty is still an epidemic problem in the West. Another example of how your philosophy fails. Not Islam.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Response: Nor does anything in Islam teach terrorism or beheading. So you continue to make my point and demonstrate that Islam is just. Thanks.

Whereas the rise to power by the West is based on slavery and imperialism. Hence the slaughter of Native Americans, the slave trade of Africans to America and Western countries, and the fact that poverty is still an epidemic problem in the West. Another example of how your philosophy fails. Not Islam.
:faint::thud::faint:

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Yes we know you play the race card without question, hating the USA, and probably promote forms of terrorism as you are anti American.

and are probably on a jihadi watch list

Response: Rather, I play the trump card, which is to watch you fail over and over again to quote anything from the Qur'an or sunnah to back your claims. Thus making my point as usual.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Response: I never contended that a person who chooses to be influenced is not to blame.

That's right. But with all due respect, as for clothing, I think that you are mixing up religion with culture. Which are two different things.
Religion is about universal values like pilgrimage, prayer, etc.
Culture is about habits and customs, which depend upon nationalities.

In fact, I assure that almost all Muslim women who integrate themselves in European countries, sooner or later, decide to wear sexy and provoking clothes.
Which doesn't contradict their religious faith.
And women here will convince them to wear those clothes...and it is unavoidable.
So our culture is different than most Islamic countries.

so...why do you think that clothing is something regarding religion and not culture?

I'm not a racist...you know I am not a white American. I am a Mediterranean, so I am very similar to most Muslim and Arab people. And given that I believe in the dignity of our race, I want Muslim women to grow their beauty and to show how beautiful and sexy they are. But if there are these rules, we cannot do that. You understand me how important it is ?

Last edited:

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
That's right. But with all due respect, as for clothing, I think that you are mixing up religion with culture. Which are two different things.
Religion is about universal values like pilgrimage, prayer, etc.
Culture is about habits and customs, which depend upon nationalities.

In fact, I assure that almost all Muslim women who integrate themselves in European countries, sooner or later, decide to wear sexy and provoking clothes.
Which doesn't contradict their religious faith.
And women here will convince them to wear those clothes...and it is unavoidable.
So our culture is different than most Islamic countries.

so...why do you think that clothing is something regarding religion and not culture?

I'm not a racist...you know I am not a white American. I am a Mediterranean, so I am very similar to most Muslim and Arab people. And given that I believe in the dignity of our race, I want Muslim women to grow their beauty and to show how beautiful and sexy they are. But if there are these rules, we cannot do that. You understand me how important it is ?

Response: A religion is the teachings of a particular belief system or faith. When these teachings are adopted and practiced, it becomes a culture. So religion and culture coincide. So the teachings in Islam with regards on how to dress and behave is religious, since Islam is a religion.

I also understand your position completely and as explained to you before, your position is a stance to promote what you like, rather than what is best for society. Whereas Islam disagrees, and promotes what is best for society, whether you like it or not. And those who want what is best for society will favor Islam.

outhouse

Atheistically
Whereas Islam disagrees, and promotes what is best for society, whether you like it or not.

whether it is good or bad, like it or not, islam requires people deviate from reality.

How can being required to follow ancient mens ignorance literally be good for anyone ?

Does it not hurt watching the world advance around you? stereotypically viewing the religion as barbaric and primitive? And only being partially incorrect?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Response: A religion is the teachings of a particular belief system or faith. When these teachings are adopted and practiced, it becomes a culture. So religion and culture coincide. So the teachings in Islam with regards on how to dress and behave is religious, since Islam is a religion.

No, dear mister. Yours is just illusion. Christianity is a religion, and I am a Christian. And still there is nothing cultural which is a direct consequence of our religion.
tell me: in your opinion, what cultural things do we Christians do?

I also understand your position completely and as explained to you before, your position is a stance to promote what you like, rather than what is best for society. Whereas Islam disagrees, and promotes what is best for society, whether you like it or not. And those who want what is best for society will favor Islam.

I promote what people like. If Muslim women like to wear sexy clothes, let them do that.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
No, dear mister. Yours is just illusion. Christianity is a religion, and I am a Christian. And still there is nothing cultural which is a direct consequence of our religion.
tell me: in your opinion, what cultural things do we Christians do?

I promote what people like. If Muslim women like to wear sexy clothes, let them do that.

Response: Words are defined by there definition, and no dictionary on the planet defines religion as you do. So your definition you provide is invalid. The definition as shown in any dictionary, is a system of beliefs and practices to worship God.

And if you promote what people like, then there should be no problem when women cover themselves as they like in Islam.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
then there should be no problem when women cover themselves as they like in Islam.

There is not a problem, if freedom of choice were involved.

Not forced on by a male dominated society following primitive and barbaric antiquated cultural practices.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
There is not a problem, if freedom of choice were involved.

Not forced on by a male dominated society following primitive and barbaric antiquated cultural practices.

Response: Nor does Islam teach that one is to be forced, supported again by your failure to quote from the Qur'an or Sunnah to show otherwise. So your point is pointless.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
And if you promote what people like, then there should be no problem when women cover themselves as they like in Islam.

Of course...I deeply respect the freedom of choice and expression. But we all know that in some Islamic countries, women are not allowed to choose.
That's why the topic of this thread is "democracy".

In a democratic country, women are supposed to be free to decide what to wear.
Response: Nor does Islam teach that one is to be forced, supported again by your failure to quote from the Qur'an or Sunnah to show otherwise. So your point is pointless.

Again: we absolutely don't doubt that it is not a religious commandment (that's what I meant when I said that it deals with something cultural).

we are talking about democracy in Islamic culture and in Islamic countries.

Last edited:

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Of course...I deeply respect the freedom of choice and expression. But we all know that in some Islamic countries, women are not allowed to choose.
That's why the topic of this thread is "democracy".

In a democratic country, women are supposed to be free to decide what to wear.

Again: we absolutely don't doubt that it is not a religious commandment (that's what I meant when I said that it deals with something cultural).

we are talking about democracy in Islamic culture and in Islamic countries.

Response: For starters, there is no Islamic country in the world. There are countries governed by Muslims. There is a difference. For no country is governed by Islamic law only. There are governed by Islamic practices and cultural practices.

As for the rest, no country gives women or anybody for that matter the freedom to choose whatever they want. So using your logic, both Muslim and non-Muslim countries are at fault. And in the case of democracy, democracy is a concept based on subjectivity whereas Allah's law is objective. So democracy can never over rule or be better that Allah's law. Hence the failure of democracy in comparison to Islam.

Shad

Veteran Member
Response: For starters, there is no Islamic country in the world. There are countries governed by Muslims. There is a difference. For no country is governed by Islamic law only. There are governed by Islamic practices and cultural practices.

As for the rest, no country gives women or anybody for that matter the freedom to choose whatever they want. So using your logic, both Muslim and non-Muslim countries are at fault. And in the case of democracy, democracy is a concept based on subjectivity whereas Allah's law is objective. So democracy can never over rule or be better that Allah's law. Hence the failure of democracy in comparison to Islam.

Was the Ottoman Empire Islamic?