• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do muslims hate democracy

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Response: Exactly. You claim that the solution is self-determination, regardless of what people wear. Now where is the evidence? You have none. No study says that being uncovered prevents promiscuity than being covered. Not one. Nor can you walk the street covered, then uncovered, and show that the reaction to being covered is more lustful. So your non-evidence refutes you, exposes you, and debunks you. Demonstrating once again that Islam has the solution, rather than your warped ideology.

People get raped all the time when they're appropriately dressed. It's not just women who walk around wearing next to nothing. In fact, I'd wager that there are less rapes on the beach where women wear bikinis than there are on a winter night in a city.

The problem here isn't promiscuity. The real problem here is objectivity. Mid-Eastern, Islamic culture dehumanizes women and treats them, not as self-determining individuals, but as objects -- property. Just as one locks up one's house to keep out the thieves, one also "locks up" one's women to keep out the perps. And I suspect not because it's bad for the woman, but because 1) it looks bad for the man who "owns" her, and 2) it helps protect the honor of the perp. the culture is deeply rooted in the paradigm of honor being imbedded in the male, and shame being imbedded in the female.

The problem (getting back to the topic of the OP) is that middlle-Eastern, Islamic men have to control everything, because it is their God-given right to own whatever is not male and Islamic, and therefore up to their honor to keep it all under proper wraps. The black sheet is a metaphor for ownership and control. And it's why they don't like democracy -- it allows for equal rights and no entitlement.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
People get raped all the time when they're appropriately dressed. It's not just women who walk around wearing next to nothing. In fact, I'd wager that there are less rapes on the beach where women wear bikinis than there are on a winter night in a city.

The problem here isn't promiscuity. The real problem here is objectivity. Mid-Eastern, Islamic culture dehumanizes women and treats them, not as self-determining individuals, but as objects -- property. Just as one locks up one's house to keep out the thieves, one also "locks up" one's women to keep out the perps. And I suspect not because it's bad for the woman, but because 1) it looks bad for the man who "owns" her, and 2) it helps protect the honor of the perp. the culture is deeply rooted in the paradigm of honor being imbedded in the male, and shame being imbedded in the female.

The problem (getting back to the topic of the OP) is that middlle-Eastern, Islamic men have to control everything, because it is their God-given right to own whatever is not male and Islamic, and therefore up to their honor to keep it all under proper wraps. The black sheet is a metaphor for ownership and control. And it's why they don't like democracy -- it allows for equal rights and no entitlement.

Response: Rape and molestation also occurs in Non-Muslim societies as well. So does men controlling every thing and being discriminatory. So you continue to make a moot point.

The question is what is the solution.? And since you can find no unjust teaching of Islam or one better than Islam as for the solution, then your own responses continues to support the fact that Islam is the solution. Rather than the ideology you promote and condone.

This is your problem. If Islam is not the solution, then kindly provide a better one. You have yet to show one, thus making my point. I have no problem agreeing with you. All I ask is provide a better solution. So far, we have seen that being covered is better than being uncovered. Thus favoring Islam.

Last edited:

sojourner

Rape and molestation also occurs in Non-Muslim societies as well.
Actually, I was referring to America when I posted that. so, you're admitting that rape occurs in Muslim countries, then. Must mean that the black sheet isn't working so well.
So does men controlling every thing and being discriminatory.
It's not nearly so culturally-imbedded in the non-Muslim world, however. At least the Christian and atheist communities are trying to work their way out of that mind set. All I perceive the middle-Eastern Muslim culture doing is perpetuating it.
The question is what is the solution.?
Asked and answered: the continuing fight for equality and self-determination, and fostering of proper boundaries.
And since you can find no unjust teaching of Islam or one better than Islam as for the solution, then your own responses continues to support the fact that Islam is the solution.
You didn't actually bother to read the post above, did you -- because it lays out beyond a shadow of a doubt that Islam is not the answer.
This is your problem. If Islam is not the solution, then kindly provide a better one. You have yet to show one, thus making my point.
Read. The. Post.

sojourner

Response: Rape and molestation also occurs in Non-Muslim societies as well. So does men controlling every thing and being discriminatory. So you continue to make a moot point.

The question is what is the solution.? And since you can find no unjust teaching of Islam or one better than Islam as for the solution, then your own responses continues to support the fact that Islam is the solution. Rather than the ideology you promote and condone.

This is your problem. If Islam is not the solution, then kindly provide a better one. You have yet to show one, thus making my point. I have no problem agreeing with you. All I ask is provide a better solution. So far, we have seen that being covered is better than being uncovered. Thus favoring Islam.
Would you care to actually address my argument against Islam in post #381, or are you simply going to try to bury it under baseless and off-topic retorts?

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Would you care to actually address my argument against Islam in post #381, or are you simply going to try to bury it under baseless and off-topic retorts?

Response: Your post was addressed and refuted. For when asked to provide a study that shows that it is more effective to prevent promiscuity by being naked rather than covered, you fail to provide one. Debunking yourself and supporting the fact that Islam has the solution.

Harikrish

There aren't enough educated Muslims to benefit from a democracy. Democratic forms of government require an educated electorate to be effective. That is why there is so little worth in a Muslim life and why they are so dispensable. Look are the refugee crisis every time some uprising takes place in Muslim countries.

Of the 1.4 billion Muslims 800 million are illiterate (6 out of 10 Muslims cannot read). In Christendom, adult literacy rate stands at 78 percent.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
There aren't enough educated Muslims to benefit from a democracy. Democratic forms of government require an educated electorate to be effective. That is why there is so little worth in a Muslim life and why they are so dispensable. Look are the refugee crisis every time some uprising takes place in Muslim countries.

Of the 1.4 billion Muslims 800 million are illiterate (6 out of 10 Muslims cannot read). In Christendom, adult literacy rate stands at 78 percent.

Response: Muslims in a Muslim State are in the economic bad conditions they are in not due to Islam, but a result of the oppression by the West. As Muslims were the most prominent and educated in the World, only until the West conquered and oppressed them with divide and conquer tactics for imperialism.

outhouse

Atheistically
Response: Muslims in a Muslim State are in the economic bad conditions they are in not due to Islam, but a result of the oppression by the West. As Muslims were the most prominent and educated in the World, only until the West conquered and oppressed them with divide and conquer tactics for imperialism.

:facepalm:

Your a perfect example of how muslims refuse credible education and knowledge due to Fanaticism.

Nothing good comes from literalism :slap:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Troll bait: One wonders how such a perfect society could have been so easily toppled. What is so embarrassing is that Muslims supposedly had god on their side too. It's probably not too good to talk about it.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Troll bait: One wonders how such a perfect society could have been so easily toppled. What is so embarrassing is that Muslims supposedly had god on their side too. It's probably not too good to talk about it.

Response: There is no wonder or embarrassment. As all of it is a part of prophecy.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Response: There is no wonder or embarrassment. As all of it is a part of prophecy.
Ah, of course it is. If that is the case, why are Muslims, the world over, not thanking infidel dogs for hastening the appearance of the end times and Judgment day? Heck, we're doing you a pretty big favor. :)

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Ah, of course it is. If that is the case, why are Muslims, the world over, not thanking infidel dogs for hastening the appearance of the end times and Judgment day? Heck, we're doing you a pretty big favor. :)

Response: Only in the eyes of the deluded.

Harikrish

Poverty is found in many countries. But illiteracy is the highest in Muslim countries. How can the majority of Muslims even claim they know what Islam is when they cannot even read what is in the Quran?

The only thing going for Muslims is they are a nomadic people. So living in refugee tents is not that much different from what they have historically enjoyed. And there isn't much need for electricity either if you don't have a need to read.

sojourner

Response: Your post was addressed and refuted. For when asked to provide a study that shows that it is more effective to prevent promiscuity by being naked rather than covered, you fail to provide one. Debunking yourself and supporting the fact that Islam has the solution.
No it didn't. I posited that shame and honor were deeply imbedded in sexual identity in the Islamic world, and that women are dehumanized because of it -- seen more as property to be protected than as self-determined people to be respected. I argued that the preoccupation is for Islamic males to own that which is not Islamic male, and that that causes a level of entitlement that perpetuates systemic violence against half of the population and is the basis of the Islamic dislike of democracy.

Your post addressed none of that -- and I suspect your next one won't, either, because you know I'm right and you don't have a good answer.

sojourner

Bull crap. The West isn't the one doing the beheading and other acts of terrorism. The West buys their oil, for Pete's sake. The Islamic problems are entirely internal and of your own making. This is but another example of Muslim males blaming everyone but themselves for their own actions.

Harikrish

Bull crap. The West isn't the one doing the beheading and other acts of terrorism. The West buys their oil, for Pete's sake. The Islamic problems are entirely internal and of your own making. This is but another example of Muslim males blaming everyone but themselves for their own actions.

Total oil revenues of Arab countries exceeds a trillion dollars ANNUALLY!!