• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do muslims hate democracy

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Of course not. Didn't you read the post? By definition, no one person can "rule" a democracy; the people "rule" a democracy. "The people," however, recognize (officially, I might add) MLK as a leader, and he did inspire with his words, the rulers to amend the ruling document. That's as close as it gets in this country. Therefore, in a sense, MLK did "rule" the country -- or at least his words came to "rule" the country.

Your faulty logic fails, while your ducking and dodging the solution to the challenge supports the fact that the Koran is invalid.

Response: Yet the challenge is for one person to rule. So your own admission that MLK did not is self-admission that he did not answer the challenge and the challenge remains valid that the Qur'an is true. Debunked as usual.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Response: Once again, a simple Google search can give you your answer. My interest is proving the Qur'an is not false to those claiming it is. Not explaining science.

Again? Dear mister, the OP doesn't doubt the truthfulness of the Qur'an.
I don't doubt that the Qur'an is divinely inspired.

We are dealing with democracy. Why shouldn't Muslim people be allowed to choose their religion and how to practice it?
Why do some governments dare interfere with their personal choices?
is there a passage in the Qur'an that says that men must prevent women from wearing sexy clothes?
As for democracy, I don't understand why you think that some passages shouldn't be contextualized.

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
I don't think it is muslims oppose democracy so much but it is Islam that opposes democracy cause it wants its theocracy in place which would mean citizens would have little to no say. There would be no working things out or debating whether a law is moral or not.

The trouble is not everyone wants to be Muslim so what then? Apparently is "off with their heads".:(

outhouse

Atheistically
The trouble is not everyone wants to be Muslim so what then? Apparently is "off with their heads".:(

Your missing a huge point

Even if your muslim, it is still off with your head, just for not following a particular version of their fanaticism.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Your missing a huge point

Even if your muslim, it is still off with your head, just for not following a particular version of their fanaticism.

That is true, it is the pushing of their version of Islam, not so much being muslim. Not all muslims would necessarily care for the quran to be ran by the government, certainly not just one muslim who gets to say whats what for everyone dictatorship style.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Response: Yet the challenge is for one person to rule. So your own admission that MLK did not is self-admission that he did not answer the challenge and the challenge remains valid that the Qur'an is true. Debunked as usual.
He did answer the challenge within the context of the United States; I don't give a rat's *** about the context in which Muslim states are often dictated. If you're going to assert that the Koran is for the whole world, then it must be for the world within the context of each nation. Or, you must now concede that the koran -- and, hence, Islam -- is against democracy.

The challenge has remained invalid since 1972 -- 42 years now. You need to catch up to the present.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Again? Dear mister, the OP doesn't doubt the truthfulness of the Qur'an.
I don't doubt that the Qur'an is divinely inspired.

We are dealing with democracy. Why shouldn't Muslim people be allowed to choose their religion and how to practice it?
Why do some governments dare interfere with their personal choices?
is there a passage in the Qur'an that says that men must prevent women from wearing sexy clothes?
As for democracy, I don't understand why you think that some passages shouldn't be contextualized.

Response: A Muslim has their own religion, which is Islam. So I don't understand the question of asking whether a Muslim is allowed to choose a religion. They already chose one.

I've already addressed the rest of your questions. Islam is a religion that promotes what is best for society. Not what you want or like as an individual.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
He did answer the challenge within the context of the United States; I don't give a rat's *** about the context in which Muslim states are often dictated. If you're going to assert that the Koran is for the whole world, then it must be for the world within the context of each nation. Or, you must now concede that the koran -- and, hence, Islam -- is against democracy.

The challenge has remained invalid since 1972 -- 42 years now. You need to catch up to the present.

Response: Your weak rebuttal says otherwise.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
*scratches head*

My English is pretty decent, actually. But thanks for the offer of assistance. I humbly apologise if my insistence on you defining your terms is somewhat frustrating for you, but there's nothing unreasonable about requesting clarification before attempting to answer.

What is it you are claiming Muhammed did, so I might demonstrate this is not limited to him? Do I need to show you;

a) Someone who took over a nation without violence.
b) Someone who took over a nation without violence, and by using unpopular language.
c) Someone who took over a nation whilst using unpopular language, regardless of whether they used violence.
d) Someone who took over something/anything without resorting to violence.
e) Someone who took over something/anything without violence, and by using unpopular language.
f) Someone who took over something/anything whilst using unpopular language

Or whatever other option you choose, to be honest. Just spell it out, so there is actually an agreed 'fact' to disprove.

What you are arguing at the moment appears to be (c) from the list above, right? That Muhammed was able to take over a nation despite using unpopular language?

Still waiting a response on this...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
"It is humanly impossible for a person/s to inspire enough followers to help him/her/ them conquer and rule a nation by using human-made speech/literature that goes against the likes and beliefs of those people."

This is the miracle of Muhammad. For the challenge proves that it is humanly impossible to use any speech or literature that goes against the majority and is invented by a person/s, to inspire enough followers amongst them to help to conquer and rule a nation.

I suppose what I disagree with is that this is any indication of divine authority.

You for some reason assume this is impossible without divine authority. If Muhammad did not have divine authority and was able to accomplish this then there's your example. Your only evidence is your assumption that what did happen was impossible without divine authority.

Usually this is referred to as Divine Providence. The US felt they had a divine providence to take over the USA from coast to coast. Gave them the right to disregard the native population as having any rights to their own beliefs or way of life.

Just another form of Might makes Right.

Maybe instead of letting all these religious leaders "inspire" a bunch of followers. We should stick them all in a pit and let them duke it out. Then we can say the last one standing truly had divine authority. Throw the Pope in with the Mormon Prophet. By the way who currently has authority for Islam? Anybody who wants to prove their divine authority. Free for all to the death.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I've already addressed the rest of your questions. Islam is a religion that promotes what is best for society. Not what you want or like as an individual.

yeah...you forget that lots of Muslim women in Europe wear sexy
And that doesn't prevent them from being Muslim.
What is best for society? You think that wearing those clothes can harm or destroy society?

Last edited:

Harikrish

Originally Posted by Al-Fatihah
"It is humanly impossible for a person/s to inspire enough followers to help him/her/ them conquer and rule a nation by using human-made speech/literature that goes against the likes and beliefs of those people."

This is the miracle of Muhammad. For the challenge proves that it is humanly impossible to use any speech or literature that goes against the majority and is invented by a person/s, to inspire enough followers amongst them to help to conquer and rule a nation.

But have you looked at the type of people who follow Mohammad? There are 800 million illiterate Muslims (6 out of 10 cannot read). Those that have managed to read the Quran turn into Islamists extremists killing and raping those poor illiterate Muslims.

The prophet being illiterate himself appeals to the lowest strata of humanity. Not possessing any knowledge acquired through education. He could only recite what was revealed to him by some invisible being. Muslims have over the centuries learned to follow sound and not the written scriptures which most cannot read. What are these sounds that Muslims respond to? The call to die as martyrs.

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Those that have managed to read the Quran turn into Islamists extremists killing and raping those poor illiterate Muslims.

Forgive me for the intrusion.

Do you mean those of the illiterates that managed to read the Quran, or do you mean Muslims as a whole that read the Quran?

Harikrish

Forgive me for the intrusion.

Do you mean those of the illiterates that managed to read the Quran, or do you mean Muslims as a whole that read the Quran?

800 million Muslims of the 1.4 billion are illiterate (6 out of 10 cannot read). So there are Muslims that can read like (4 out of 10) . One can easily see the negative influence reading the Quran has on those that can read. It is unfortunate those that cannot read are not spared either.

Last edited: