• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you come here? (To atheists)

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
This is hilarious. You want to find out about the Egyptians and their beliefs structured around the third eye, read about Egyptians. I'm not gonna sit and read it to you like I'm ******* Mother Goose.

I understand the Egyptians had beliefs about third eyes, but that doesn't mean they understood the third eye to be the pineal gland. :facepalm:

You don't know that, you're just asserting it because it makes sense to your preconceived notions -- but there's no evidence.

Have you considered that they removed the brain through the nasal cavity because -- oh, I don't know, because it's the easiest way to remove the brain without opening the cranial cavity? On what grounds do you assert they had any knowledge whatsoever about biochemistry of the pineal gland?

For the diversity. I tried a few atheist forums, they seemed nice but they constantly were agreeing with each other. How can you have a stimulating debate if everyone agrees? It is not even a debate at that point. The best thing to do is to debate with people who disagree with you, as you need conflicting views for a good debate.

I second that

that is the primary reason why i debate with people who disagree with me.

Jeremiah

Some of you really need to work on this derailing of threads. I read the first half of the thread, then decide to make my post, then started to read the rest of the thread, backwards (end to start). And I had to check to see if I made my post in the right thread.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Some of you really need to work on this derailing of threads. I read the first half of the thread, then decide to make my post, then started to read the rest of the thread, backwards (end to start). And I had to check to see if I made my post in the right thread.

Happens all the time.

DMT The Spirit Molecule. There's all the facts you can shake a stick at. The molecular structure of DMT, how they extract it, what the Egyptians did, what people still do, and what happens when they do it. They have facilities for extensive testing on DMT where people actually go to induce it and experience its psychoactive affects in a supervised setting.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
DMT The Spirit Molecule. There's all the facts you can shake a stick at. The molecular structure of DMT, how they extract it, what the Egyptians did, what people still do, and what happens when they do it. They have facilities for extensive testing on DMT where people actually go to induce it and experience its psychoactive affects in a supervised setting.
Things that make you go, "Oh good grief."

Jeremiah

That's because you've done designer drugs. So have I, trust me. DMT however, is not a drug. It is produced by your pineal gland and when extra is induced your consciousness is hightened and your life is changed. Like I said, dare you to try it. You can call this tripping if you want, but it beats any **** you hear about in Fear & Loathing.

It is against the rules to advocate the use drugs here.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

All you had to do was say you don't have any credible evidence and you could have saved us a lot of trouble. Thanks for playing :rolleyes:

blackout

Violet.
I don't know why the idea that man might find/discover/develop
a gateway to telepathic ability,
would be considered so bizarre, or outrageous.

We do SO MANY things
that were once held/believed to be "impossible".

:shrug:

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
Take it up with the man. I am just trying to give the guy/gal some forewarning.

I doubt anyone here has anything to worry about.
I seem to be the only one who receives warnings/post deletions around here
when talking about (past) drug use, or the positive aspects of drug use...
or really anything about drug use at all.

Which is why I no longer bother.

Guess I'm the scapegoat.

Well, I suppose it is hard to resist the urge to debate the person who thinks drugs give him/her telepathic powers.

If it was as ridiculous as you try to make it sound without seeing it yourself, you'd probably have better things to do than debate with me. I mean let's face it, if there WAS somebody on here actually talking about being able to fly and whatnot, I wouldn't even waste my time trying to prove that person wrong. However, if they told me there was something I could take that people are going crazy about all over the world right now that supposedly let things that crazy actually happen... I'd just shut up and go try it myself. But don't take that as my advice, just answering what I'd do in my own predicament like this. I'm not advocating drug use 0:)

Jeremiah

I doubt anyone here has anything to worry about.
I seem to be the only one who receives warnings/post deletions around here
when talking about (past) drug use, or the positive aspects of drug use...
or really anything about drug use.

Which is why I no longer bother.

They hit me too. For making a joke about Ozzy Osbourne.

blackout

Violet.
If it was as ridiculous as you try to make it sound without seeing it yourself, you'd probably have better things to do than debate with me. I mean let's face it, if there WAS somebody on here actually talking about being able to fly and whatnot, I wouldn't even waste my time trying to prove that person wrong. However, if they told me there was something I could take that people are going crazy about all over the world right now that supposedly let things that crazy actually happen... I'd just shut up and go try it myself. But don't take that as my advice, just answering what I'd do in my own predicament like this. I'm not advocating drug use 0:)

When I was YOUNGER,
I definitely would have tried it. this... what is it?
D??

But I'm too old now.
(and therefore am not advocating non-pharmecudical :rolleyes: drug use.
at least not for old people. :p )

*Expects post deletions*....

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
For instance, the claim that DMT is produced in the pineal gland: can you produce a shred of medical evidence that this is the case? -MM-

SO obviously wont tell you, but I will.

Its regarded as a hypothesis proposed by Dr. Rick Strassman while conducting DMT research at the University of New Mexico during the 90's. It was suggested that a massive release of DMT released from the pineal gland prior or upon death is actually the cause of the NDE phenomenon conducive to its psychotropic effects.

The notion that DMT comes from the pineal gland is actually unreferenced and unsupported by way that there is sufficient enzymatic material in the pineal gland to produce and also is concentrated enough in that part of the body to trigger the drugs effect. Its only a speculation made by Strassman of which to date, there has been no scientifically published material put forth as evidence.

People are expected to smile, shake their heads, and blissfully reject any ideas that surpass what they've tested and researched themselves. They also are morally inflexible, so that doesn't help with the idea of them finding out for themselves. All I can say is that church in New Mexico that fought the Supreme Court to be able to drink Hoasca Tea during their worship to be able to connect with God, those people have some backbone. And they've felt things you do not know of, no matter how many things you've tried besides ayahuasca. Like I said, ayahuasca all they were breathing in the tabernacle and Holy of Holies. There's even acacia sap in Frankincense and Myrrh, go figure.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
People are expected to smile, shake their heads, and blissfully reject any ideas that surpass what they've tested and researched themselves. They also are morally inflexible, so that doesn't help with the idea of them finding out for themselves. All I can say is that church in New Mexico that fought the Supreme Court to be able to drink Hoasca Tea during their worship to be able to connect with God, those people have some backbone. And they've felt things you do not know of, no matter how many things you've tried besides ayahuasca. Like I said, ayahuasca all they were breathing in the tabernacle and Holy of Holies. There's even acacia sap in Frankincense and Myrrh, go figure.

But you misunderstand my skepticism. I'm not anti-psychedelics (having experienced them myself), and even if I hadn't done them myself I believe in people's rights to enjoy them as long as they're not causing harm such as by driving or operating machinery while in an altered state of consciousness.

I'm just skeptical of dubious claims, such as that DMT gives psychic abilities, that Egyptians had enough understanding of biochemistry to worship specifically the pineal gland (nobody is disputing the importance some placed on a religious "third eye," but whether or not they associated this with specifically the pineal gland is questionable), that DMT speeds up thought (long-term effects of DMT use dispute this), and so on.

I don't think people even need to use a religious excuse to imbibe many types of drugs because I don't think it's the government's business to tell us what we can put in our bodies or not. I do agree with the force of law protecting people by preventing non-sober people from driving or operating machinery, but if someone wants to get high as a kite with some friends I think that's their business.

Last edited by a moderator: