• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do You Reject Jesus?

Ebionite

Knowledge is not an end in itself but the means to true faith - for faith follows the things heard:

"So, then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Romans 10:17 KJV
Paul was foolish and proud so not a reliable source. Habakkuk 2:5, Zechariah 11:5. James called him vain and foolish when arguing against his doctrine of faith.

Ebionite

Of course, Christ won't be able to judge back then because he is yet to make his appearance. However, once he offered his life as a ransom sacrifice
That's not how it works.

Pro 21:18 - The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Of course, Christ won't be able to judge back then because he is yet to make his appearance.
According to Jesus, Jesus won't be making any more appearances because Jesus finished His mission on earth.

Jesus never promised to return to earth, not once in the New Testament. Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world. That means that the return of Christ has to be another Person.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jesus never claimed to be a king, and Jesus never said He was coming back to judge the earth and establish an earthly Kingdom

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

These two verses in John 18 completely negate that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and they fit perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no more reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
According to Jesus, Jesus won't be making any more appearances because Jesus finished His mission on earth.

Jesus never promised to return to earth, not once in the New Testament. Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world. That means that the return of Christ has to be another Person.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Jesus never claimed to be a king, and Jesus never said He was coming back to judge the earth and establish an earthly Kingdom

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

These two verses in John 18 completely negate that Jesus is the King of this world or that Jesus will ever come to this world to rule it, and they fit perfectly together with John 17:4 and John 17:11. Jesus came into this world to bear witness unto the truth about God. He did that so there is no more reason for Jesus to come back to this world again. That is why Jesus said “I am no more in the world.”

The all consuming fire that is God, the son who told us of what's to come ... fire (a baptism) and spirit dividing as a sword separating truth from error, even bone from marrow. So, my optimism may simply be an acknowledgment of things to come. Not that I'm not optimistic, it's just that this isn't nearly as appealing as many would like to present it. My window, as foggy as it has been is being slowly cleaned by my day to day trials, reflections, realizations, and future probabilities. This has been my rude awakening from a slumber that bound me before I was able to see and acknowledge a few things about myself and those around me. I'm still bound but working more diligently than ever to walk in truth. When I fail to be truthful about myself and life realities, I fall short of honoring God in spirit and truth. Everyone seems to know what everyone else needs. Ok, ok, not everyone, but there's enough people who have taken positions of guidance and authority leading people where they want them to go, as opposed to teaching others the value of honesty and self acceptance and the laws of harvest as they relate to how we conduct our lives. The mechanics of life, both physical and spiritual determine the growth and difficulty we face as we move forward in truth. Our sins have little choice but to fade.

Sargonski

God has been called many names but why does God need a name?
God did not forsake Jesus. Jesus chose to go to the cross.

Indeed God has been called many names by the blasphemers ? What does this have to do with you not knowing the name of the God of Jesus .. nor the name of Your God .. the point of which .. is to be able to distinguish one God from the other .. to know if your God .. is the God of Jesus ? Strange strange questions to be sure.

and .. I am not sure what Bible you are reading .. but according to my version .. The last words of Jesus have him calling out that his God has forsaken him .. and Jesus chose not to go to the Cross .. he chose to follow the Will of the Father (whose name you do not know) over his own Will .. which was not to go to the Cross .. instead .. Jesus put himself in God's hands .. obviously expecting that God would intervene prior to the actual sacrifice taking place as in the case of Issac ..

but, that is not what happens ... and Jesus is obviously not happy about it

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Indeed God has been called many names by the blasphemers ? What does this have to do with you not knowing the name of the God of Jesus .. nor the name of Your God .. the point of which .. is to be able to distinguish one God from the other .. to know if your God .. is the God of Jesus ? Strange strange questions to be sure.
If there is only one God, which I believe is the case, then the God I believe in has to be the same God as the God of Jesus.
God has many names, not just one, but by whatever name He is called God is the same God, always has been and always will be.
and .. I am not sure what Bible you are reading .. but according to my version .. The last words of Jesus have him calling out that his God has forsaken him .. and Jesus chose not to go to the Cross .. he chose to follow the Will of the Father (whose name you do not know) over his own Will .. which was not to go to the Cross .. instead .. Jesus put himself in God's hands .. obviously expecting that God would intervene prior to the actual sacrifice taking place as in the case of Issac ..

but, that is not what happens ... and Jesus is obviously not happy about it
That about covers it. Jesus might not have wanted to go to the cross, but since Jesus wanted to do the Will of the Father, He chose the Father's Will over His own Will.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
The sin here would be getting the ransom sacrifice doctrine back to front. In Isaiah 53 the wicked one was put in the grave, not the righteous servant.
Burning branches after pruning seems relevant enough. It scares people sometimes. The separating and gathering. etc. We've noticed an effort similar to fish in barrels over the years. Some call cleansing, which is what we're speaking about. The difference is that some view cleansing as a natural thing where our sins fade over time, but others view it as an effort placed upon themselves to cleanse the earth from things they disagree with. Me? Well, I understand cleaning well enough and the refinement is in the development, the being fruitful part of the equation. I guess the difference is in what we choose to nurture in ourselves and through our efforts. Some types are hostile, other types are less hostile, but the hostilities are always present in life. We learn as we go and combat what we are forced to combat when and if we are ever required to stand defensively against a would be thief. There seems to be enough would be thieves among us to take the notion seriously ... Not everyone chooses to be the peace maker and not everyone chooses natural growth, understanding the process, and the time association to be more important than the riddance itself. Either way, our sins are always fading ... one way or another, and there seems to be reason enough often enough to acknowledge that wolves live among us, or the would be thieves rather, who seek only to kill, steal and destroy.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I found that the story of Jesus was the closest to reality among the world religions such as the story of Jesus’ return, a new earth, new heaven and having everlasting life. I came back to it because I miss the camaraderie of Christians. For 15 years, I believed something that only I believed. I mean there may have been a couple people on the planet, who believed it. Haha. It was a lonely road and I needed to make changes. I see more clearly now. I can talk to my family about Jesus without lying or hiding things. It feels kind of good. I think that’s one of the the perks of organized religions. It brings people together where they can talk about common beliefs, relate to one another and not feel so weird about it.

For the past seven years, I’ve been coming here and speaking my truth. I never shared what I believed with people in the real world, my family included. I got tired of it. It was a lonely road for the past 15 years so now I’m back to my roots.
The people who really reject Jesus are the 40,000 sects of Christianity because they disobeyed His law of love and turned against one another.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
What is your reason for not accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? The one who saves us all from eternal death—separation from God—according to the Holy Bible.

IF he existed, and IF he said the things he said, then I'd count him as a very good teacher.

But I do NOT think he'd be at all happy with the Christian religion.

Setite

Setite
I beieve space is infinite. I also believe it’s supernatural. It also happens to be my God.

One who has faith has no need for empirical weight.
Precisely Faith is just that, faith. It has zero requirements, only ones subjective belief. Simple as Jesus or Sailor Moon. Choose yer poison and run with it. Thats Faith. It does not require empirical irrefutable data. It simply is. So be it.