• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God care about Homosexuality?

exl2398

Wonderer
Last I looked there were about 2 hetros to every 100 homos. So, no.

And the only reason hetros get it is because the homos deliberately let it spread into the hetro population. And then of course the politicians turned AIDS into a political issue rather than a public health issue -because it was predominant in the gay community.
This post is so ignorant and offensive. I really feel sorry for you.

exl2398

Wonderer
Ay, ay, ay...

Yes, it originated in sub-saharan Africa -where some sick people had sexual intercourse with monkeys. Those same sick people then spread it to the original victims of the disease in the US: gays.

And the statistic was true last I looked. It probably has changed by now, but that's why I said "last I looked." Sheesh. :rolleyes:
Ignorance, again. The disease is believed to have spread from the butchering practices used in Africa on monkeys. Not by having sex with them.

Just more attempts by ignorant bigots to make the stigma of the disease more abhorred. You are a tool.

exl2398

Wonderer
Yeah, we call those ones "flamers". ;)

I do personally disagree with his statement -to the extent that I don't believe they're dead one way or another. The Bible still calls sodomy an abomination to the Lord. -And don't get mad at me: that's what it says.

God will love them if the accept Him, gay or not. God will hate them the same as any (hetros included) who reject Him.
Do you eat shell fish? Have you lied?

Abomination!

You know, I think the primary faux pas that people engage in when it comes to religion is asserting facts about the thoughts of a deity, when they cannot possibly know what they really are. Sure, you can claim something is the direct word of God, or what have you, but thousands of years of redaction in religious texts suggest otherwise.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Ah! Christianity is based on the teachings of Jesus? I see.

Please show us the teaching of Jesus where He condemns homosexuality.

We can wait.

Jesus condemed adultery. So if you are not married and are having sex ( ALL GAYS IN JESUS TIME). He was against you.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Anti-homosexuals cannot come up with a decent reason why God would think homosexuality is wrong. That is the point of this thread. If you say homosexuality is unhealthy it is a fact that lesbian sex is the healthiest. The reason people dislike homosexuals is either because an ancient book tells them it is wrong or because of person prejudices. It is sad when you think about it. :(

It wonder if we will ever have a future where brunettes "can" only sleep with blonds and black-haired people "have to" sleep with red-haired people.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Jesus condemed adultery. So if you are not married and are having sex ( ALL GAYS IN JESUS TIME). He was against you.

Matthew 5:27-28 (NIV):

27"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.' 28But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

He specifies women. He doesn't mention anything about looking lustfully at men. Maybe Jesus assumed that nobody He was talking to was gay, but that's not supported by the text itself.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I've noticed that, just as I've noticed that most rational and intelligent people find Bible-believing, God-fearing, evangelical Christianity disgusting.

true that, that's why smart people are LDS, (LDS church on average has a higher education level per member than the national average. whee):yes:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I take it you're in favor of gay marriage then?

Do you know what the actual Greek word was, and what it means? I believe it is moichea, which means sexual intercourse between a woman and a man to whom she is not married. That is, the only group of people who cannot commit biblical adultery are gay people.

Now divorce, that's unequivocally condemned. In the NT. By Jesus. In no uncertain terms. I never see Christians getting very upset about it. In fact, the group with the highest divorce rate in the U.S. are Protestant Christians.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
true that, that's why smart people are LDS, (LDS church on average has a higher education level per member than the national average. whee):yes:
That's just silly. The most highly educated groups are Jews and atheists, does that mean the smart people are Jewish and atheist?

kmkemp

There is a general trend that you have probably noticed: the more intelligent someone is, the more that they value self-sufficiency. That is turned on its head when it comes to accepting Christ. Pride and humbleness cannot go hand in hand.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
There is a general trend that you have probably noticed: the more intelligent someone is, the more that they value self-sufficiency. That is turned on its head when it comes to accepting Christ. Pride and humbleness cannot go hand in hand.

I know several highly intelligent people who are less egotistical than many less gifted people.

gnomon

There are always exceptions, but it has definitely been my experience that that is generally the case.

Maybe. I would disagree in that I've seen that ambition far exceeds intelligence level when it comes to self-sufficiency as well as other things.

But, that's just my own experience. And it's a bit off topic.

edit: Actually, it may be that ambition with self-sufficiency and success as opposed to intelligence level combined with self-sufficiency and success compared with interest could be an interesting discussion itself.

Smoke

Done here.
What makes you think all gay people were married in Jesus' time? Jesus wasn't. John the Baptist wasn't. As far as we know, most of the disciples weren't.