• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God care about Homosexuality?

Luke_17:2

Fundamental Bible-thumper
If only your people really believed that, maybe they'd invest more time and energy in devoting themselves to their god, and less to browbeating other people.

How am I browbeating anyone?! :confused:

All I said is that I think homosexuality is disgusting! Can you not take disagreement?

The truth is, the religion of the Bible-beating fundamentalist has only been on the earth for a short time -- less than two hundred years. It will pass from the earth as all such things do, and when we're dead, each of us will be just as dead as the other. On some level, your people know that, or suspect it, and that's why they invest so much energy in wordly battles of their own making, and so little in their imaginary eternal life.

Actually, all of the early Christians were Bible-thumping: refer to the Book of Acts.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Actually, all of the early Christians were Bible-thumping: refer to the Book of Acts.
:confused:

Reading Acts, I can see how the early Christians could have been considered Communists, but I'm not sure how they could have thumped a Bible that wasn't even put to paper at the time.

If their actions are recorded in the Book of Acts, whatever Bible they were using definitely didn't have that book in it.

Smoke

Done here.
Last I looked there were about 2 hetros to every 100 homos. So, no.

And the only reason hetros get it is because the homos deliberately let it spread into the hetro population. And then of course the politicians turned AIDS into a political issue rather than a public health issue -because it was predominant in the gay community.
There's not one thing that's true in that post, including the claim that you "looked." If you had looked, you'd know that your statistic is not true and never has been true. AIDS almost certainly originated in Sub-Saharan Africa, where the primary means of transmission has always been heterosexual sex.

Apparently, the god who cares so much about homosexuality doesn't care at all about lying.

:confused:

Reading Acts, I can see how the early Christians could have been considered Communists, but I'm not sure how they could have thumped a Bible that wasn't even put to paper at the time.

You're not the first atheist who's said that. And like all the others you'll have no idea what you're talking about...

If their actions are recorded in the Book of Acts, whatever Bible they were using definitely didn't have that book in it.

Stand on technicalities...

They preached openly and ferverently the teachings of Jesus, on whic CHRISTianity is based. Stephen died preaching to the Sanhedrin, and Peter preached in the already obsolete Jewish temple.

There's not one thing that's true in that post, including the claim that you "looked." If you had looked, you'd know that your statistic is not true and never has been true. AIDS almost certainly originated in Sub-Saharan Africa, where the primary means of transmission has always been heterosexual sex.

Apparently, the god who cares so much about homosexuality doesn't care at all about lying.

Ay, ay, ay...

Yes, it originated in sub-saharan Africa -where some sick people had sexual intercourse with monkeys. Those same sick people then spread it to the original victims of the disease in the US: gays.

And the statistic was true last I looked. It probably has changed by now, but that's why I said "last I looked." Sheesh. :rolleyes:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
They preached openly and ferverently the teachings of Jesus, on whic CHRISTianity is based. Stephen died preaching to the Sanhedrin, and Peter preached in the already obsolete Jewish temple.
Ah! Christianity is based on the teachings of Jesus? I see.

Please show us the teaching of Jesus where He condemns homosexuality.

We can wait.

Smoke

Done here.
How am I browbeating anyone?! :confused:

All I said is that I think homosexuality is disgusting! Can you not take disagreement?
Of course I can take disagreement, and I expect you to be able to take it, too. My sexuality disgusts you, and your religion and your ignorance disgust me. No harm done, there. When your people try to perpetuate the legal enforcement of their disgust by denying my people full equality under the law, that's when I have a problem. And that happens every day, all across this country.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Ay, ay, ay...

Yes, it originated in sub-saharan Africa -where some sick people had sexual intercourse with monkeys. Those same sick people then spread it to the original victims of the disease in the US: gays.
While AIDS was first being spread in the American gay community, it was also being spread amongst heterosexuals in Haiti.

Can we conclude that being Haitian is just as much an affront to God as being gay?

Smoke

Done here.
They preached openly and ferverently the teachings of Jesus, on whic CHRISTianity is based.
Christianity was originally based on the teachings of Paul about Jesus, and modern-day Evangelical Christianity is pretty much based on the teachings of John Nelson Darby about the Bible. There is nothing more hateful to Christianity than the teachings of Jesus; when a Christian talks about the actual teachings of Jesus, he's usually explaining why it's not really practical to follow them. Whatever Christianity is based on, it's certainly not teachings like these:
Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: but I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: but I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: but I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
but I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: but I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
You'll look a long time before you find a church that places greater importance on not resisting evil, or giving to anyone who asks you, than on something like "accepting Jesus as your personal savior" -- a concept which isn't found in the teachings of Jesus or, indeed, anywhere in the Bible.

You obviously don't have a clue.

I Corinthians 2:14.

Read it. I wouldn't trust you with a Bible on my life.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Ay, ay, ay...

And the statistic was true last I looked. It probably has changed by now, but that's why I said "last I looked." Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Really I thought it was michael jackson having intercourse with a monkey that gave the world AIDS.:p. But seriously if you took the time to research in places that actually had some scientific basis instead of those with a biased agenda you would see that AIDS didn't come from monkeys at all. And tell me if AIDS is a gay man's disease how come heteroes get it as well and how come the most common way to transmit the disease is through vaginal intercourse?

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
to be homo sexual is to be dead

:sarcastic. Do you mean literally or spiritually? Well either way you are wrong. I myself have met many gay people who far livelier than many heteroes and many of them were very spiritual.

And tell me if AIDS is a gay man's disease how come heteroes get it as well and how come the most common way to transmit the disease is through vaginal intercourse?

The same way it was easy for it to spread around the gay community FIRST, and fast.

Think about it... :eek:

:sarcastic. Do you mean literally or spiritually? Well either way you are wrong. I myself have met many gay people who far livelier than many heteroes and many of them were very spiritual.

Yeah, we call those ones "flamers". ;)

I do personally disagree with his statement -to the extent that I don't believe they're dead one way or another. The Bible still calls sodomy an abomination to the Lord. -And don't get mad at me: that's what it says.

God will love them if the accept Him, gay or not. God will hate them the same as any (hetros included) who reject Him.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
The same way it was easy for it to spread around the gay community FIRST, and fast.

Think about it... :eek:

Prove that is started in the gay community. Do you have any scientific basis for that claim? Any links or books that support it? Oftentimes when people on this board make claims like this or like Lava's mystery disease they ignore any request made for sources to back up their claim. Will you do the same?

Prove that is started in the gay community. Do you have any scientific basis for that claim? Any links or books that support it? Oftentimes when people on this board make claims like this or like Lava's mystery disease they ignore any request made for sources to back up their claim. Will you do the same?

Look it up. It was called GRIDS (Gay-related immune deficiency) because only the gays were originally affected by it