• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God hate Homosexuals and why did he create them?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Oh dear mball

Why oh why do i need to debate with you when you dont want to come out of the closet yourself? And what in the world do I have to gain if you do? You think i am debating my point so that i can gain support. LOL...the only support i have is the evidence presented in this thread. Its enough for me. And the evidence is in your own posts. You feel good about yourself when you gain support...it makes you feel accepted. Exactly my point isnt it. Do I feel less worthy because you are not agreeing with me? I would hardly link my self worth to human perspective. So then why cant homosexuals lighten up?

Im not a christian in hiding. You avoid flack because you hide. I have a little more guts than that! And since you claim to not be a homosexual, why isnt autodidact harping on you for talking about something you know nothing about.

Double standards. Always trying to avoid the obvious misdemeanors.

Heneni
Why do you think mball is gay? He isn't. That's just weird. He told you he isn't. Is it your practice to assume that people you don't know are lying to you? No wonder your friends dumped you.

The reason that I'm not arguing with mball is that he isn't make gross generalizations about an entire group of people. It's not about homosexuality, Heneni, it's about prejudice. I would be saying the same thing if you were talking about Jews or Swedes...or Christians. It's wrong.

texan1

If I am wrong, and you are right, then I don't like what America is trying to accomplish, and that is my opinion. I like how America accepts different people and different cultures, but don't like the idea of combining them all together.

So you are okay with segregation? Should each different group have their own waterfountains? I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.

Angama

What will never get better? Your life? What is it that you want? Sorry, but the people that dislike homosexuality most likely always will, and most likely will always try to slow you down in life. Are things really so bad? Worse than my life? Everyone has different problems all the time. The government can change your rights, but they can't change individual opinions.
Changing opinions is where it all starts. People don't innately look for places where they might be wrong. They'll stay republican/democrat and happy until someone points it out to them that others might just have a different opinion.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I really think that kdrier is just saying that anti-gay prejudice exists, that it's a reality that gay people have to deal with. I don't think s/he is endorsing it or anything. Obviously it exists--look at Heneni here.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
What will never get better? Your life? What is it that you want? Sorry, but the people that dislike homosexuality most likely always will, and most likely will always try to slow you down in life. Are things really so bad? Worse than my life? Everyone has different problems all the time. The government can change your rights, but they can't change individual opinions.

My life is up to me, and no it's not bad. I think you're confusing me with someone else and putting words in my mouth. I lobby for changes in current laws and to gain the right to be equal with heteros in the eyes of the law, specifically in area of relationships, children and employment. I want my government that I pay taxes to just like you to treat me equally and fairly. That's all I've ever wanted. Honestly, as long as others don't harm me, my partner or my children or withhold or deny me the same rights as you, I don't give a **** what others think or believe.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I know Hemeni...You keep telling Mball you know he is gay..Why?..Do you think Im in the closet too?..Am I gay?..If I am I really wish you would tell me ..So I can ask Audodidact out on a date..That is if she isnt committed to someone already of course.

Love

Dallas

kdrier

Revolutionist
The problem is that if we don't do something these prejudiced attitudes will continue with future generations. We may not change anyone's current attitude, but we can at least educate younger people so that they'll grow up as decent, intelligent people, and the suffering will end.

Okay, I'll agree with that. How do you go about teaching them? How do you plan to accomplish that? It's a bit of a touchy subject, especially in the school system while kids are young and growing up. Do they not already teach it in sexual education?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Okay, I'll agree with that. How do you go about teaching them? How do you plan to accomplish that? It's a bit of a touchy subject, especially in the school system while kids are young and growing up. Do they not already teach it in sexual education?
I think an important piece is just to be a decent person and be open and comfortable with being and expressing who you are. That is, go ahead and come out. That's a huge piece. I actually think people like Martina Navritolova, Ian McEwan etc. have helped a lot.

kdrier

Revolutionist
I lobby for changes in current laws and to gain the right to be equal with heteros in the eyes of the law, specifically in area of relationships, children and employment. I want my government that I pay taxes to just like you to treat me equally and fairly. That's all I've ever wanted. Honestly, as long as others don't harm me, my partner or my children or withhold or deny me the same rights as you, I don't give a **** what others think or believe.

Perfect, "god" speed.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Why do you think mball is gay? He isn't. That's just weird. He told you he isn't. Is it your practice to assume that people you don't know are lying to you? No wonder your friends dumped you.

The reason that I'm not arguing with mball is that he isn't make gross generalizations about an entire group of people. It's not about homosexuality, Heneni, it's about prejudice. I would be saying the same thing if you were talking about Jews or Swedes...or Christians. It's wrong.

Earlier you commended me and said I was a good person for standign up for a group of people which I do not belong..I appreciate the honor..But the thing is I do belong.. I belong to the human race..And I hope Im a decent human..You and I are sisters as far as Im concerned.And I will stand up for you or anyone else thats beign hated on.

Love

Dallas

Heneni

Miss Independent
Once again...you seem to think you know me better than i know myself.

Im not offended by your comments, they shed light on what you think.

You want to open my eyes and show me a mirror? You seriously think im going to have my eyes opened! And how exactly do you plan on doing that mball? Do you think you have more influence on my mind than God?

Its not really my generalisation, its the bible that generalises. It doesnt seem to make allowances for certain homosexuals being different to others.

At least you dont get offended when i think you are gay. Good stuff! Its only a thought. Dont sweat it. You think im a hypocrite, im not sweating. Im not asking you out about it, so extend me the same curteousy. God is my judge. Which is why im carefull if at all carefull. Not because im worried about offending anyone. I wouldnt be good at my job if i was overly sensitive or easily offended myself.

Heneni

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Well to start...

You live. Openly and as honestly as possible. Most of my life is going to mirror yours, save for that one difference that I love someone of the same sex as me. When people see we are not all the stereotypical scary, promiscuous homosexuals they've been led to people we are they fear as less.

You do not ignore homophobia which is most times born out of ignorance and fear. Educate the ignorant and dispel the fear. That doesn't mean beating someone over the head until they agree with you and your views on homosexuality. It's all about openly up lines of communication and mutual respect.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Hello Autodidact

You think my friends had a reason to dump me? Hmmm...interesting.

I dont want to burst your bubble...but perhaps your pride is overestimating your level of popularity. I know im not popular with the gay or religous folk, and the atheist, or the inbetweeners. I dont seek for mortal fame, neither does you acceptance of me or your rejection of me mean anything to me. It means you are what i said you are.

Heneni

kdrier

Revolutionist
You live. Openly and as honestly as possible. Most of my life is going to mirror yours, save for that one difference that I love someone of the same sex as me.
I'll agree with that.
When people see we are not all the stereotypical scary, promiscuous homosexuals they've been led to people we are they fear as less.
I'll be honest, all these queers on television, especially the men dressed as women, are definitely not helping.
You do not ignore homophobia which is most times born out of ignorance and fear. Educate the ignorant and dispel the fear. That doesn't mean beating someone over the head until they agree with you and your views on homosexuality. It's all about openly up lines of communication and mutual respect.

I believe the majority of children have already been attempted to think in an open minded fashion, especially considering the variety of kids in school these days. My younger brother, who is 13, informed me of a boy who dressed as a girl, and was made fun of often. Education can only go so far, especially with children. They see a boy dressed as a girl, they think it's weird so they laugh, they hear a fart, they laugh. Their minds are not complex to be able to grasp such concepts. Most kids in school want to be cool, want to be popular, and are often so easily influenced by the kids they look up to, and it is reflected in their actions.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

I plan on teaching them by contradicting viewpoints that promote oppression or denunciation of the homosexual lifestyle. The idea is to try to get less and less people promoting an anti-gay viewpoint, so that the children will hear it less and less, and less and less of them will adhere to it.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I believe the majority of children have already been attempted to think in an open minded fashion, especially considering the variety of kids in school these. My younger brother, who is 13, informed me of a boy who dressed as a girl, and was made fun of often. Education can only go so far, especially with children. They see a boy dressed as a girl, they think it's weird so they laugh, they hear a fart, they laugh. Their minds are not complex to be able to grasp such concepts. Most kids in school want to be cool, want to be popular, and are often so easily influenced by the kids they look up to, and it is reflected in their actions.

That's why the only children I attempt to influence are my own and give them the tools to deal with other "kids being kids". We have adults who could use a few manner lessons first and it's been well documented that children emulate what they see adults doing. Humans behaving humanely.... brilliant!

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
You want to open my eyes and show me a mirror? You seriously think im going to have my eyes opened! And how exactly do you plan on doing that mball? Do you think you have more influence on my mind than God?

You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. You obviously don't change your mind...wait, doesn't that make you debased?

Its not really my generalisation, its the bible that generalises. It doesnt seem to make allowances for certain homosexuals being different to others.

Gotcha. And far be it from you to go against...a book! You defintiely wouldn't want to actually think for yourself!

kdrier

Revolutionist
That's why they only children I attempt to influence are my own and give them the tools to deal with other "kids being kids". We have adults who could use a few manner lessons first and it's been well documented that children emulate what they see adults doing. Humans behaving humanely.... brilliant!

Educating your children is one thing; educating other children, who do not have gay parents, is another. I do not believe the adults who believe what they believe will be easily influenced. I do not believe society is a terrible problem for the gay community these days, and I don't think it will get much better than it is now. Are your children gay, if you don't mind me asking? if not, how is their social life having gay parents? You mentioned telling them "kids will be kids."

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Educating your children is one thing; educating other children, who do not have gay parents, is another. I do not believe the adults who believe what they believe will be easily influenced. I do not believe society is a terrible problem for the gay community these days, and I don't think it will get much better than it is now. Are your children gay, if you don't mind me asking? if not, is their social life having gay parents? You mentioned telling them "kids will be kids."

No, society is not as problematic as it use to be. We're not arrested for having sex or visiting a gay bar. I do think vast improvements can and will be made area of gay legal rights, that is where the focus is now. Being able to legally protect yourself and your family is a HUGE concern and those issues must be addressed.

My children have not indicated to me whether they are gay or not, I think they're still a bit on the young side, but I'm always willing to listen to them. I mentioned that "kids will be kids" because I'm gay and they haven't had to deal with any negativity from that yet, but I'm sure it's coming. Also we are not Christian and we live in a very Christian area and I do know that my son at least has had to deal with questions about that at school.