• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God hate Homosexuals and why did he create them?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
No, society is not as problematic as it use to be. We're not arrested for having sex or visiting a gay bar. I do think vast improvements can and will be made area of gay legal rights, that is where the focus is now. Being able to legally protect yourself and your family is a HUGE concern and those issues must be addressed.

My children have not indicated to me whether they are gay or not, I think they're still a bit on the young side, but I'm always willing to listen to them. I mentioned that "kids will be kids" because I'm gay and they haven't had to deal with any negativity from that yet, but I'm sure it's coming. Also we are not Christian and we live in a very Christian area and I do know that my son at least has had to deal with questions about that at school.

The overwhelming odds are your kids are not gay...Even if you had deliberately tried to "teach" them to be gay???..They would figure it out ofr themselves..They will have a natural "draw" towards same sex or opposite period..Just like you..did someone "teach you " to be gay?..

Love

Dallas

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
The overwhelming odds are your kids are not gay...Even if you had deliberately tried to "teach" them to be gay???..They would figure it out ofr themselves..They will have a natural "draw" towards same sex or opposite period..Just like you..did someone "teach you " to be gay?..

Oh yes, I know this. I just meant it's not for me to say if they are gay or not, I don't know, only they will know when the time is right.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Oh yes, I know this. I just meant it's not for me to say if they are gay or not, I don't know, only they will know when the time is right.

Sorry ...I should have realized you knew this..I just get so wrapped up in people thinking children can be "taught" or "brought up" to be gay..I think that is BS..I do think there is a genetic link though..But even still..the odds are a gay person..even two gay people (say a gay man and a gay woman that come together to have a child) the chances are the child will be straight..

Anyway forgive me for telling you what you already know! My mother HATES when I do that to her!!! LOL!!!

Love

Dallas

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Hello Autodidact

You think my friends had a reason to dump me? Hmmm...interesting.
If your behavior in this thread is any indication, they well may.

I dont want to burst your bubble...but perhaps your pride is overestimating your level of popularity.
what are you talking about? How did the subject shift to my popularity? I was talking about how bigotry and prejudice are wrong, no matter what group they are about.
I know im not popular with the gay or religous folk, and the atheist, or the inbetweeners. I dont seek for mortal fame, neither does you acceptance of me or your rejection of me mean anything to me. It means you are what i said you are.
NO, it just means that I despise prejudice and bigotry. That does not make me manipulative or insecure and the fact that you think so indicates to us that you see these qualities where they do not exist, including in your gay friends. As I say, you may want to examine your own behavior in the matter. My suggestion would be to ask them. I think you will find that they see it differently from you.

Homosexuality is a form of mental illness. It was not created by Righteousness. It was and is encouraged by and through the medias of actors, models, politicians, writers, painters...and other mortal(toxic) icons. Even the rebellion associated with Homosexuality is part of the mental illness. However...one must remember...It is not a crime to be sick in the head...the crime is in the perversion...which made up the Homosexual bed.

Marya Magdalena

Sacred individuals...aping the hounds. How is that sound or sane? As for peer reviewed...do you mean the peerage? The current source...that would be me.

Marya Magdalena

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Sacred individuals...aping the hounds. How is that sound or sane? As for peer reviewed...do you mean the peerage?
I'm not sure whether you're being sarcastic, or whether you actually don't understand the difference between review by peers (i.e. the standard for scholarly articles and studies, whereby new claims and the support for them are examined by experts in the subject matter) and review by the peerage (which I can only assume is some lesser version of Royal Assent).

The current source...that would be me.
I assume that you assert your own legitimacy (though I question how legitimate an unsupported claim like this one is), but have you kept yourself current in the state of the science for mental illness? Also, how exactly have you been peer reviewed?

Edit - hopefully Mestemia won't mind me re-wording his question: can you back up your claim that homosexuality is a mental illness with support in the form of any formal studies or papers that have been written and reviewed by psychiatrists, psychologists or other experts in mental illness?

It is far safer for the homosexual to be classified as mentally unsound...then mental sound...and therefore subject to violent death. One brings in mercy and compassion...the other abuse and torture. This is a very dangerous time in which to reside. Being hung on a cross and burned alive is not what I would call kind or loving. Would you prefer alien jurisdictions try these people without an understanding heart?

Marya Magdalena

When I was a child... I witnesses individuals being burned alive on crosses. Cross burnings have been resurrected. The ones who do this have no more mercy left in their heart. I am attempting to counter their anger with compassion. How is this homophobic?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Edit - hopefully Mestemia won't mind me re-wording his question: can you back up your claim that homosexuality is a mental illness with support in the form of any formal studies or papers that have been written and reviewed by psychiatrists, psychologists or other experts in mental illness?
Not at all.
But you did forget current...:angel2:

When I was a child... I witnesses individuals being burned alive on crosses. Cross burnings have been resurrected. The ones who do this have no more mercy left in their heart. I am attempting to counter their anger with compassion. How is this homophobic?
How is this even relevant?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
If you are talking to me...
I am wanting to know what is the source of your belief that homosexuality is a mental disease.

I would also like to know what the relevance is of this:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
If you are talking to me...
I am wanting to know what is the source of your belief that homosexuality is a mental disease.

I would also like to know what the relevance is of this:
She seems to be implying that she's a couple of hundred years old. That may be how she justifies some kind of authority in her claims.

Is it just me or does it seem that religious forums attract a lot of people who think they are some kind of messiah or something?