• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does homosexuality seem to get more hate?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
What does that have to do with a man and a woman with clean histories?

Just saying that you could, theoretically, have sex with only one person who has had sex with no-one else, and still get an STD. That's what it's got to do with it.

Anyway, that's gone completely off topic, STDs have just as much to do with heterosexuality as homosexuality, and neither is at any more risk than the other, with proper precautions such as the use of condoms.

I'm not really enjoying how you seem to be trying to divert the conversation away from the ACTUAL issues, picking out single sentences or even part-sentences and responding to that, rather than in terms of the post as a whole. There are a fair few good quality posts that you seem to have somehow either missed or ignored completely :ignore: like a child with her fingers in her ears yelling "Na na na na, I can't hear you". I feel that this is being intellectually dishonest and because of this, I don't feel like you are actually taking in any of what's being said, that you're only here to preach what you believe without listening to anyone else. And I'm sure I'm not the only person here that feels this way.

If you actually want to have a decent discussion and debate, you need to clear this up, you need to go back and at least read through the information you've been given so that you can formulate a good-quality argument against it.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Oops, ya got me; well done! :clap:clap:clap

Oh, btw, giggles... Where, exactly, did I say that?

In the passage I quoted. The person you were quoting said that STDs could also come from heterosexual encounters (as a response to stating STDs as a reason for being against homosexuality), and you said that it was the stupidest claim you had ever heard.

blackout

Violet.
I already know how STDs can be prevented, and abstinence before marriage is the most effective. People like you need to stop pointing your fingers at the moral & responsible people.

Just for the sake of your own "argument" here,
homosexuals can also abstain before marriage/committment,
to the EXACT same end as heterosexuals.

:shrug:

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
Heterosexuals should always abstain from sexual intercourse
because they might concieve a homosexual
thus bringing more sin into the world.

It is the holy/saintly/selfless thing
to abstain
in order to prevent sin in another.

Tristesse

Adonis, I suggest you start being honest and admit that the only reason you have to think homosexuality is wrong, is because the bible says we should be killing them.

Adonis65

Anyway, that's gone completely off topic, STDs have just as much to do with heterosexuality as homosexuality

This is what's off topic. I've said nothing of heterosexuality, and yet, you lefties leap at the opportunity to slap this card down with nary a thought beforehand. :yes:

The point is, nothing good ever comes from homosexual behavior. It's all bad -- all of it. The same cannot be said of heterosexual behavior.

Last edited:

Adonis65

In the passage I quoted. The person you were quoting said that STDs could also come from heterosexual encounters (as a response to stating STDs as a reason for being against homosexuality), and you said that it was the stupidest claim you had ever heard.

Uh-uh. I said that was the stupidest claim because it's only obvious that heterosexuals can also spread STD's. But we're not talking about heterosxuals, are we. The title heading for this thread is about homosexuals. See, someone has to keep you radicals honest, or you'll just take your nonsensical crap & run roughshod all over these forums. ;)

Adonis65

Adonis, I suggest you start being honest and admit that the only reason you have to think homosexuality is wrong, is because the bible says we should be killing them.

I think you should repent and read the Bible with a prayerful heart. :help:

The Lord can be patient only for so long.

Adonis65

Just for the sake of your own "argument" here,
homosexuals can also abstain before marriage/committment,
to the EXACT same end as heterosexuals.

:shrug:

Even if a gay couple has, which I doubt, that still doesn't resolve the sin problem. See, homosexuals were never meant to be married. It takes a society with compromised morals to put up with such a burden.

otokage007

This is what's off topic. I've said nothing of heterosexuality, and yet, you lefties leap at the opportunity to slap this card down with nary a thought beforehand. :yes:

The point is, nothing good ever comes from homosexual behavior. It's all bad -- all of it. The same cannot be said of heterosexual behavior.

Lol you should be imprisioned for what you have said.

Homosexuality has nothing bad, the only thing that differs from heterosexuality is that with homosexuality you just get AIDS, with heterosexuality you just get AIDS AND PREGNANT.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Uh-uh. I said that was the stupidest claim because it's only obvious that heterosexuals can also spread STD's. But we're not talking about heterosxuals, are we. The title heading for this thread is about homosexuals. See, someone has to keep you radicals honest, or you'll just take your nonsensical crap & run roughshod all over these forums. ;)

:facepalm:

Us radicals? You're the one who wants to outlaw homosexuality and advocates worshiping a murderous tyrant (check God's death count and read up on his laws sometime ;))...

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born

Hi Adonis65!

I don't quite know what you mean when you say that nothing good ever comes from homosexual behavior. Could you possibly explain what comes out of a heterosexual relationship (other than children, of course) that doesn't arise out of a homosexual relationship, or vice versa (if you prefer)?

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe
:flower2:

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Just saying that you could, theoretically, have sex with only one person who has had sex with no-one else, and still get an STD. That's what it's got to do with it.

Anyway, that's gone completely off topic, STDs have just as much to do with heterosexuality as homosexuality, and neither is at any more risk than the other, with proper precautions such as the use of condoms.

I'm not really enjoying how you seem to be trying to divert the conversation away from the ACTUAL issues, picking out single sentences or even part-sentences and responding to that, rather than in terms of the post as a whole. There are a fair few good quality posts that you seem to have somehow either missed or ignored completely :ignore: like a child with her fingers in her ears yelling "Na na na na, I can't hear you". I feel that this is being intellectually dishonest and because of this, I don't feel like you are actually taking in any of what's being said, that you're only here to preach what you believe without listening to anyone else. And I'm sure I'm not the only person here that feels this way.

If you actually want to have a decent discussion and debate, you need to clear this up, you need to go back and at least read through the information you've been given so that you can formulate a good-quality argument against it.

Anyway, that's gone completely off topic, STDs have just as much to do with heterosexuality as homosexuality

As I was saying...

Adonis65

Lol you should be imprisioned for what you have said.
I'm sorry; did I offend your pc sensitive ears? :sad4:

Homosexuality has nothing bad,

Aaaaand

..with homosexuality you just get AIDS,

Oops! Apparently homosexuality does have something bad. :rolleyes:

Pregnancy is a good thing, oto; unless, of course, you can't support your brood. Perhaps you baby killing hysterics should turn off your computers and teach the third world how to manage their sex lives. Convert that murderous spirit into something positive for a change.

Last edited:

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
I'm sorry; did I offend your pc sensitive ears? :sad4:

It has more to do with your views being a threat to civilized society.

Aaaaand

Oops! Apparently homosexuality does have something bad. :rolleyes:
Way to misquote, just like a true right-winger. The point was that BOTH HETEROSEXUAL AND HOMOSEXUAL SEX CAN RESULT IN THE TRANSMISSION OF AIDS. THEREFORE, AIDS IS NOT AN ARGUMENT AGAINST HOMOSEXUAL SEX ANY MORE THAN IT WOULD BE AGAINST HETEROSEXUAL SEX.

Pregnancy is a good thing, oto; unless, of course, you can't support your brood. Perhaps you baby killing hysterics should turn off your computers and teach the third world how to manage their sex lives. Convert that murderous spirit into something positive for a change.

Pregnancy is not in itself either a good thing or a bad thing. Many people do not want babies; many do. It is a fact that the earth cannot sustain as many humans as it has now, let alone even MORE humans - procreation should therefore be moderated, by force if necessary.
"Baby killing hysterics"? Who here has advocated killing babies? Are you perhaps equating support for gay marriage with a pro-choice position for abortion, an entirely separate issue? At any rate, none of us advocate killing babies, although many of us do maintain that a woman has the right to abort her fetuses, if that's what you mean. But what do you mean by "convert that murderous spirit into something useful"? Are you suggesting that we murder third world babies?!? o_O
(Also, it would be easier to teach the third world how to manage their sex lives if you Christians [in particular, the Pope] didn't go around telling them that condoms caused AIDS, and other such nonsense.)