• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does homosexuality seem to get more hate?

Adonis65

I have yet to see where society loses if homosexuals are allowed to marry. Wasn't too long ago that interracial marriage was illegal. Where would we be if that was still enforced? Did society lose?

Society won. Where society loses, is if it gets suckered into belieiving that homosexual preference, like skin tone, is hardwired into our DNA.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
That's not what I said. Why have you missed the true meaning behind my message? Is it deliberate? I said someone has to help the unwitting. Their willingness to be helped is implied.

What is says to me is that you think people need help. I'm disgusted by that notion.

It's this kind of errant hypocrisy that will destroy the civilized world.

Hypocrisy? I think you've used the wrong word here?

Adonis65

What is says to me is that you think people need help. I'm disgusted by that notion.

I think you need help. Help me, help you.

Hypocrisy? I think you've used the wrong word here?

Have I? Do you believe Christians have the right to protect the sanctity of marriage? To pray in public schools? How about reinstating the pledge of allegiance in public schools? Do you think Americans should have the right to bear arms?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

You're the homophobe here, i simply couldn't care less. I guess I need to understanding how christians and other religious people can be so hateful and immoral concerning homosexuality. The way I see it, homosexuality is not a christians business, they need to concern themselves with their own circles before trying to control others.

Have I? Do you believe Christians have the right to protect the sanctity of marriage? To pray in public schools? How about reinstating the pledge of allegiance in public schools? Do you think Americans should have the right to bear arms?

Marriage was around long before christianity so in a general sense it's not theirs to protect. Within their own circles I believe they do. Christian churches should be allowed to deny the right to perform marriages. I think homosexuals dislike the term marriage and instead would like a civil union. Would you be bothered by civil unions?

Public schools are multi-faith so prayer in public schools is wrong. If kids want to pray, do it before and after school. There is no need to have prayer at school.

I'm not American so the pledge means nothing to me. I'm not knowledgable enough to make a comment on this point.

I will never understand the American obsession with guns. I have posted my thoughts many times on this board. In general I think the "need" for firearms is ego masturbation which causes more problems than it solves. Then again, I was not born into a culture of guns even though my family have owned hunting rifles and guns for sporting usage.

Tristesse

Christians have the right to hold their beliefs, so long as those beliefs don't infringe on other's rights.

Christians are still allowed to pray in schools. What was stopped was school led prayer. Those kids are still free to pray.

The only thing that was stopped was christians impossing their belief on others. Christians are still free to hold their belifs and pray.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Getting back on track

"...Society has a lot to lose from legalizing homosexual marriage. And homosexuals have nothing to gain." Catholic Answers Special Report: Gay Marriage

WHERE GAY MARRIAGE IS HEADED

June 27, 2011

Whenever the American people have had a chance to approve gay marriage, they have rejected it. In the more than 30 states that have put this issue to a vote, homosexuals have never won. The only arenas they have been able to score a victory are in some state legislatures and courts. In other words, this is a classic case of the people vs. the elites.

Ultimately, this issue will not be resolved in the courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court: it will be decided by a constitutional amendment. Though the Federal Marriage Amendment prevailed in the House in 2006 by a margin of 236-187, it failed to achieve the necessary 290 votes required to pass a constitutional amendment; two-thirds of both chambers of Congress, and three-fourths of the states (38), are needed.

Standing in the way of a constitutional amendment is the legitimate reluctance on the part of federal lawmakers to decide what many believe to be a matter for the states. But given that we are left with the scenario of the people vs. the elites, we are quickly reaching a tipping point, and when that happens, chances are good that this issue will be resolved by a constitutional amendment.

Currently, 30 states have constitutional language defining marriage as being between a man and a woman. At the federal level, the Defense of Marriage Act also defines marriage in the traditional sense. But unless there is a constitutional amendment, we will continue to have an uneven playing field, one that is ripe for further exploitation. Once marriage is separated from procreation, and Tom and Dick are allowed to marry, there is no principled reason why Tom, Dick and Harry can't do so. After all, wouldn't it be discrimination to say no to Harry?

What does society have to lose from letting homosexuals get married?

These votes goes to show how bigoted Americans are. The "elites" are obviously right in this case, just like they were over racial issues, way back when the majority of the "people" were against civil rights.

Tell me, besides the fact that polyandry and homosexuality are entirely unrelated, why SHOULD we say no to Harry? In your bigoted attack on homosexuality, you seem to make the assumption that polyandry is somehow wrong.
Marriage has already been separated from procreation, and it SHOULD be separated from procreation.

Again, irony.

Have I? Do you believe Christians have the right to protect the sanctity of marriage?

Stay the hell away from our marriages! Your "protection" only brings destruction and curses.

To pray in public schools?

Of course not. It's bad enough that it's considered acceptable for children to pray privately in school, we don't need you to hijack the government to encourage public prayer.

How about reinstating the pledge of allegiance in public schools?

That horrid thing was removed? I have not heard of this, but in any case, no, it should not be reinstated. It's bad enough that parents brainwash their kids with religion, the schools don't need to make it worse by encouraging nationalism (especially since the pledge unconstitutionally portrays the United States as submitting to the will of God).

Do you think Americans should have the right to bear arms?

Not most of them, no. Why are Americans so obsessed with guns? Most people advocating for less gun control probably hardly ever hunt (and certainly don't go hunting with some of the stuff they have out there), and even if you do have guns, that's not going to stop the government from trampling your rights (they have tanks).

You're also deviating from the main issue of homosexuality being perfectly acceptable.

By the way, to everyone here arguing against homosexuality: You Christians need to stop acting like you own the idea of "marriage." You do not.

Acim

Revelation all the time
IDo you believe Christians have the right to protect the sanctity of marriage?

As I stated earlier in posts #251 and #254, you are not exercising a Christian right. Both these posts seemingly went unnoticed / not responded to by you or other (so called) Christians on this thread.

Frankly, in terms of gospels and especially Jesus direct teachings, the NT (Christian doctrine of old) isn't talking much about marriage. Not the kind you (and vast majority of people) are referring to. The other kind of Marriage is not the kind that orthodox Christians apparently have ears with which to listen, and hear where true sanctity comes from.

If you did, if you truly did, you would realize, instantly, that it is not up to you nor human judges to judge what makes for holy union. Again, what God has joined, let no man put asunder. Think you that 2 people of same gender are not nor cannot be joined in holy union? If yes, and thinking there is no real Love between same sex unions, then congratulations, you have usurped the power of your Creator, and have stepped into a role where you (alone) are definer of what is righteous and who / what shall be damned according to your warped logic.

I promise you, I will not worship 'you' nor your deity who would teach hatred and division where Christ offers forgiveness and brotherhood instead.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Do you believe Christians have the right to protect the sanctity of marriage?

:biglaugh:
the people who should protect the sanctity of marriage are married people...
if you are against homosexuals getting married..don't marry one...
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

besides the bible belt isn't doing a very good job...leading this country with the highest divorce rates
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
Marriage was around long before christianity so in a general sense it's not theirs to protect. Within their own circles I believe they do. Christian churches should be allowed to deny the right to perform marriages.

Hi Darkendless!

I agree with you. There should be a distinction between secular marriage and religious marriage - i.e., marriage should be allowed between same sex couples, but the individual churches don't have to perform the marriages or accept their validity. The Catholic church does something like this already. You can be perfectly legally married according to the secular law, but the Church can refuse to recognize the marriage because there was a prior divorce. As long as each faith is still sovereign within its own church, temple or mosque, I think the secular public should be able to marry whomever (whoever?) they would like to.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
As I stated earlier in posts #251 and #254, you are not exercising a Christian right. Both these posts seemingly went unnoticed / not responded to by you or other (so called) Christians on this thread.
Don't let it surprise you, it happens constantly when you debate people who are afraid to be wrong. :p

I like to call it selective comprehension :D

kepha31

If you think that because people is against it and God is against it, will not be legalized, you are too naive.
It won't matter if homosexuals get more legal rights than heterosexuals, homosexuals will still live short lonely lives. That should be a concern for Christians, not a reason for discrimination, prejudice and bigotry. Homosexuals need compassion, not condemnation.

There is nothing "gay" about homosexuals of both sexes who are fourteen times more likely to attempt suicide than heterosexuals.
There is nothing "gay" about homosexuals of both sexes that are 3½ times more likely to commit suicide successfully than heterosexuals.

Study after study shows that male and female homosexuals have much higher rates of interpersonal maladjustment, depression, conduct disorder, childhood abuse (both sexual and violent), domestic violence, alcohol or drug abuse, anxiety, and dependency on psychiatric care than heterosexuals.

What is so "gay" about that???

Life expectancy of homosexual men was only forty-eight years before the AIDS virus came on the scene, and it is now down to thirty-eight. Only 2 percent of homosexual men live past age sixty-five. Homosexuality should be a mission field for Christians:
see www.couragerc.org for what I mean.

Get the elephant off the table.

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
There is nothing "gay" about homosexuals of both sexes who are fourteen times more likely to attempt suicide than heterosexuals.
There is nothing "gay" about homosexuals of both sexes that are 3½ times more likely to commit suicide successfully than heterosexuals.

Study after study shows that male and female homosexuals have much higher rates of interpersonal maladjustment, depression, conduct disorder, childhood abuse (both sexual and violent), domestic violence, alcohol or drug abuse, anxiety, and dependency on psychiatric care than heterosexuals.

What is so "gay" about that???

Hi Kepha31!

I agree that it is a shame for any human to have to suffer all those horrible things. Do you think that part of the reason that homosexuals suffer such afflictions more than others is the lack of acceptance they experience?

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe
:flower2:

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
It won't matter if homosexuals get more legal rights than heterosexuals, homosexuals will still live short lonely lives. That should be a concern for Christians, not a reason for discrimination, prejudice and bigotry. Homosexuals need compassion, not condemnation.
Who's suggesting that we give homosexuals more rights than heterosexuals? Why do you believe that homosexuals live short, lonely lives? Why do you condemn homosexuals if you believe that they need compassion?

Gee, maybe it's because you Christians torment them so much and demonize them every chance you get. Most people would be pretty depressed if they were constantly told by others that God hated them.

Life expectancy of homosexual men was only forty-eight years before the AIDS virus came on the scene, and it is now down to thirty-eight. Only 2 percent of homosexual men live past age sixty-five. Homosexuality should be a mission field for Christians:
see www.couragerc.org for what I mean.

Get the elephant off the table.

Methinks you have pulled this statistic out of your ***.

its appalling, I wouldn't put my dick up a girls anal.

Um, then don't? I think noodles are appalling and would never eat them, but I'm not going to try and outlaw noodles on the basis of that.

waitasec

Veteran Member
i wonder if they weren't so hated these stats wouldn't be as they are
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
what a complete load of bull ****

your ignorance is noted.

otokage007

On the contrary, you are gay enough. :rainbow1:

Adonis65

You're the homophobe here,

And you're the Christianphobe. By your logic we both had better leave this forum immediately, and work out our anger issues.

Marriage was around long before christianity

And straight marriage in the U.S. was around long before gay marriage. In fact it was the founding institution. It appears you're from Australia. I imagine it's the same for that country as well.

Public schools are multi-faith so prayer in public schools is wrong. If kids want to pray, do it before and after school. There is no need to have prayer at school.
If kids want to pray, they should be able to do it wherever, and whenever, they want. Are you a tyrant, darkendless?

I'm not American so the pledge means nothing to me. I'm not knowledgable enough to make a comment on this point.
That explains your lack of patriotism.

I will never understand the American obsession with guns. I have posted my thoughts many times on this board. In general I think the "need" for firearms is ego masturbation which causes more problems than it solves. Then again, I was not born into a culture of guns even though my family have owned hunting rifles and guns for sporting usage.
Perhaps your attitude toward guns would change if your liberty were threatened, or if you were threatened at gun point in a convenience store. Then again, it appears you may be a supporter of tyranny, so who really knows to what ends your tolerance would take you? :rainbow1:

Last edited: