• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does homosexuality seem to get more hate?

Adonis65

Hi Waitasec!

You make a good point. It would only make sense that homosexuals that are monogamous or practice safe sex would not be at any higher risk for contracting STD's than heterosexuals that are monogamous or practice safe sex. It would also follow that heterosexuals that don't follow these practices are just as responsible for spreading STD's as homosexuals who aren't being safe.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe
:flower2:

I don't practice safe sex with my wife, and we're both healthy as can be. See, when you abstain from pre-marital sex at the outset, you don't have to add Trojans into the marriage equation. ;)

gnomon

Anti-theists also have the right to hold their beliefs... just so long as those beliefs don't infringe on other's rights.

Yes, I know. But school led prayer was a good thing. All it took was one easily offended pc disciple to wipe it away. That is wrong.

Uh-uh. Christians were here [U.S.] first. There is no imposition on our part when we observed the originating tradition. Secular society has imposed its beliefs on Christian Society and now it's pointing its finger at us. We don't share your tyrannical view on tolerance, so it's foolish to think we will just sit back and watch things unfold. :rolleyes:

And there's three.

First, you don't know people who were very straight and switched sides.

Second, you don't know anything about the origin of STD's by asserting that it was the seeking after "strange flesh" and a punishment from God which started the transmission of STD's.

Now, you present an obvious falsity about history by claiming that it was Christians first who were in the U.S. The U.S. was founded more than a century after Europeans, who were indeed Christians, arrived on an already populated and non-Christian shore. Shortly after the U.S. was established by a minority of individuals the concept of State established religions began falling apart because the people and the leadership knew it was antithetical to the government they wished for.

So there's three statements of ignorance by you in this thread. I'm sure there are more.

To try to get back to the OP it should be noted that you have provided nothing showing that homosexuality is not an innate characteristic rather than a learned behavior, shown any reason that homosexual relationships will harm others or any actual knowledge in relation to medical issues and human sexuality in general.

It's clear at this point you know nothing other than the God others have created and you follow. Not a very good argument.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
And you're the Christianphobe. By your logic we both had better leave this forum immediately, and work out our anger issues.

Nothing wrong with being afraid of that which is a threat to me.

And straight marriage in the U.S. was around long before gay marriage. In fact it was the founding institution. It appears you're from Australia. I imagine it's the same for that country as well.

Irrelevant. The fact that your kind has been able to repress homosexual rights in the past does not justify continuing to repress homosexual rights.

If kids want to pray, they should be able to do it wherever, and whenever, they want. Are you a tyrant, darkendless?

No, they shouldn't. Kids shouldn't be encouraged to rely on a tyrant like God for support.

That explains your lack of patriotism.

My lack of patriotism is based on the Christian domination of the government. That, and the "patriotism" people generally talk about is much more about bells and whistles than actual love of country. I contend that I love America far more than you - you stand for divine oppression and theocracy, and we stand for freedom and moral decency.

Perhaps your attitude toward guns would change if your liberty were threatened, or if you were threatened at gun point in a convenience store. Then again, it appears you may be a supporter of tyranny, so who really knows to what ends your tolerance would take you? :rainbow1:

:biglaugh:
As a potential tyrant, I fully support the right of my subjects to attempt to overthrow me. Of course, I would see to it that they fail and lose all their other rights upon using this right, but they still have the right to attempt it :).

Anti-theists also have the right to hold their beliefs... just so long as those beliefs don't infringe on other's rights.

The Christian definition of having their rights infringed appears to often include us existing, unfortunately.

Yes, I know. But school led prayer was a good thing. All it took was one easily offended pc disciple to wipe it away. That is wrong.

No, it was not. School prayer is a bad thing. It's bad enough that parents have the right to brainwash their kids, we don't need schools to help.

Uh-uh. Christians were here [U.S.] first. There is no imposition on our part when we observed the originating tradition. Secular society has imposed its beliefs on Christian Society and now it's pointing its finger at us. We don't share your tyrannical view on tolerance, so it's foolish to think we will just sit back and watch things unfold. :rolleyes:

Our nation was founded by people who wanted America to be free of religious bigotry. Remember how, in the Treaty of Tripoli, they specifically declared that the US was NOT a Christian nation.

God is real. One has only to ask of God, as it says in James of the NT KJV. What IS made up is the notion that mindless randomhood created complex intelligences.

What's made up is that an omnipotent, omnibenevolent, "God" figure magically poofed everything into existence in seven days.
"Mindless randomhood"? I assume you are referring to abiogenesis, which you conflate with abiogenesis? Not randomness at all. There's an entire section of the forum dedicated to the subject, if you wish to learn about it.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
And there's three.

First, you don't know people who were very straight and switched sides.

Second, you don't know anything about the origin of STD's by asserting that it was the seeking after "strange flesh" and a punishment from God which started the transmission of STD's.

Now, you present an obvious falsity about history by claiming that it was Christians first who were in the U.S. The U.S. was founded more than a century after Europeans, who were indeed Christians, arrived on an already populated and non-Christian shore. Shortly after the U.S. was established by a minority of individuals the concept of State established religions began falling apart because the people and the leadership knew it was antithetical to the government they wished for.

So there's three statements of ignorance by you in this thread. I'm sure there are more.

To try to get back to the OP it should be noted that you have provided nothing showing that homosexuality is not an innate characteristic rather than a learned behavior, shown any reason that homosexual relationships will harm others or any actual knowledge in relation to medical issues and human sexuality in general.

It's clear at this point you know nothing other than the God others have created and you follow. Not a very good argument.
This is something I've noticed too. I think this is why a lot of posts get ignored by him - he just can't offer any decent answers.

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
I don't practice safe sex with my wife, and we're both healthy as can be. See, when you abstain from pre-marital sex at the outset, you don't have to add Trojans into the marriage equation. ;)

Hi Adonis65!

I am glad that you and your wife are enjoying good health, and I wish you continued good health:namaste. I'm going to guess that you and your wife are monogamous, and if so then you are right, condoms would be superfluous (assuming birth control is either not an issue or has been taken care of some other way). Your point is rock solid - if both partners are virgins and remain monogamous (though I'm not entirely sure how often that happens:shrug:) then there is no chance of catching an STD. Of course, the same (very rare?:confused:) situation holds true for a homosexual couple.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe

Tristesse

When was the last time you had a check up? A lot of people have STD's and don't even know it.

kepha31

here i'll make it obvious....

what a load of crap...

i just handed you the truth...ruth.

Hi Waitasec!

You make a good point. It would only make sense that homosexuals that are monogamous or practice safe sex would not be at any higher risk for contracting STD's than heterosexuals that are monogamous or practice safe sex. It would also follow that heterosexuals that don't follow these practices are just as responsible for spreading STD's as homosexuals who aren't being safe.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe

As I told you before, you should be imprisoned. Not only because of your homophobic comments which are ilegal (fortunately) in some countries, but also because an heterosexual that reads your posts may commit the stupidity of believing you and think there is a very low probability for him to get AIDS.

It is because of ignorants like you that AIDS is so spread all over the world.

AIDS is not spread so much by ignorance as it is by behavioural wrecklessness.
In 2006, New York City gave away 17 million free condoms, yet the rate of syphilis spiked and the rates of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis nationwide broke all previous records. So what did New York City do last year? It more than redoubled its efforts: it distributed 36 million free condoms. Now it has embarked on a new advertising campaign—the theme is “Get Some”—and is giving away free condoms at subway stations.
When asked about this issue, Bill Donohue told the New York Sun, “The idea of ‘get some’ is a morally irresponsible sound bite. We’re worried about trans fats, we’re worried about second-hand smoke, and yet when it comes to sexually transmitted diseases, we can’t bring ourselves to tell people it’s time to practice restraint.”
Catholic League: For Religious and Civil Rights

"practice restraint??? What sexual oppression!

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
It's almost like a need, to hate people
who somehow threaten your identity.
(ie, your relationship with yourself)

Thieves, Murderers and such are always "wrong".
*We all agree*.
And things like envy, gossip, we All do from time to time...
so... it's overlookable.
"It's only 'natural'"

But those homosexuals,
they're those "Other" people.
And they might just be our own sons and daughters.
or maybe, our own Self.
Best to just closet 'them' all,
or they might get out.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In 2006, New York City gave away 17 million free condoms, yet the rate of syphilis spiked and the rates of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis nationwide broke all previous records. So what did New York City do last year? It more than redoubled its efforts: it distributed 36 million free condoms. Now it has embarked on a new advertising campaign—the theme is “Get Some”—and is giving away free condoms at subway stations.
When asked about this issue, Bill Donohue told the New York Sun, “The idea of ‘get some’ is a morally irresponsible sound bite. We’re worried about trans fats, we’re worried about second-hand smoke, and yet when it comes to sexually transmitted diseases, we can’t bring ourselves to tell people it’s time to practice restraint.”

What sexual oppression!

Donohue is over looking the obvious fact that second hand smoke and trans fats do little or nothing to enhance life. Sex, on the other hand, enhances life -- although one might not expect a prude to understand that or accept it as factual.

blackout

Violet.

Oppression is stigmatizing people
in order to try and keep them in line
with your own notions of "acceptable behavior".

When people are Oppressed
they often choose secrecy,
(or 'underground' options)
which in the case of homosexuals
means of course that they DON'T
have a life partner that they live openly with,
and have a normal healthy life with.
Building a future together and all that.

It's not that people's "secrets" are dirty,
it's that desperate secrecy
necessarily means a compromised life.
THAT is the dirty part.
And the part that causes people to live hurt lives,
and die to themselves,
and lose their own lives.

If healthy gay life partnerships were not delegitemized
by the likes of those like the RC church
there would be FAR MORE healthy gay lives.

something to contemplate.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's embarrassing that in the modern world people still allow superstition to supersede both reason and liberty. It's also embarrassing that an institution which systematically preys upon children and attempts to cover up its crimes would have still the audacity to presume to speak on God's behalf and attempt to dictate morality to others.

Last edited:

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born

Hi Kepha31!

Thank you for the link. I read the article at the Catholic League website - it doesn't show any sources for its statistics. Do you have any further information on what happened in New York City?

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
Oppression is stigmatizing people
in order to try and keep them in line
with your own notions of "acceptable behavior".

When people are Oppressed
they often choose secrecy,
It's not that people's "secrets" are dirty,
it's that desperate secrecy
necessarily means a compromised life.
THAT is the dirty part.
And the part that causes people to live hurt lives,
and die to themselves,
and lose their own lives.

Hi UltraViolet!

This was very well said. Thank you for reminding everyone that there are real people and feelings behind the debate.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe

waitasec

Veteran Member

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
influenza is spread by breathing...
what do you think, maybe we should practice restraint