• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does homosexuality seem to get more hate?

Adonis65

Christians have the right to hold their beliefs, so long as those beliefs don't infringe on other's rights.
Anti-theists also have the right to hold their beliefs... just so long as those beliefs don't infringe on other's rights.

Christians are still allowed to pray in schools. What was stopped was school led prayer. Those kids are still free to pray.
Yes, I know. But school led prayer was a good thing. All it took was one easily offended pc disciple to wipe it away. That is wrong.

The only thing that was stopped was christians impossing their belief on others. Christians are still free to hold their belifs and pray.

Uh-uh. Christians were here [U.S.] first. There is no imposition on our part when we observed the originating tradition. Secular society has imposed its beliefs on Christian Society and now it's pointing its finger at us. We don't share your tyrannical view on tolerance, so it's foolish to think we will just sit back and watch things unfold. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
Uh-uh. Christians were here [U.S.] first. There is no imposition on our part when we observed the originating tradition.

Hi Adonis65!

I think our Native American friends would disagree, and would say the originating tradition was their shamanism.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe
:flower2:

Adonis65

Teaching scientific fact to adolescents.
A little more specificity, please. Give me a nutshell version of sex education administered by the science community.

What God? There isn't any literature I know of in Jewish, Christian or Islamic history, if you are talking about the Abrahamic God, that states STD's are a result of men chasing after "strange flesh". Never heard of any other gods posited by all the other cultures declaring homosexuals being the cause of STD's.
Who said anything about homosexuals being the cause? I never did.

This supposed God you posit sounds like another made up thing much like you knowing people who were "very straight" that switched sides.
God is real. One has only to ask of God, as it says in James of the NT KJV. What IS made up is the notion that mindless randomhood created complex intelligences.

Fair enough; "very straight" was an exaggeration. The point is, the people of which I have spoken did not begin their lives as homosexuals.

Last edited:

Adonis65

Hi Adonis65!

I think our Native American friends would disagree, and would say the originating tradition was their shamanism.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe

I think you'd be correct if the United States never existed and things here were still tribal.

Have a good sabbath day.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Where did I say that it did? Why are you so assumptive, waitasec? Do you thrive on me fixating on your inaccuracies?

here i'll make it obvious....

Wrong. There is nothing right, about gay sex, therefore, it is wrong at every level. True, some straights contract & spread STD's, but they are no better than homosexuals. ALL homosexuals are at risk of contracting STD's, and ALL homosexuals are capable of spreading STD's. The same cannot be said for all heterosexuals.

what a load of crap...

i just handed you the truth...ruth.

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
what a load of crap...

i just handed you the truth...ruth.

Hi Waitasec!

You make a good point. It would only make sense that homosexuals that are monogamous or practice safe sex would not be at any higher risk for contracting STD's than heterosexuals that are monogamous or practice safe sex. It would also follow that heterosexuals that don't follow these practices are just as responsible for spreading STD's as homosexuals who aren't being safe.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe

waitasec

Veteran Member
Hi Waitasec!

You make a good point. It would only make sense that homosexuals that are monogamous or practice safe sex would not be at any higher risk for contracting STD's than heterosexuals that are monogamous or practice safe sex. It would also follow that heterosexuals that don't follow these practices are just as responsible for spreading STD's as homosexuals who aren't being safe.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe

:yes: indeed.

my question is where and how did std's start in the first place...
and it doesn't have anything to do with any type of sex act...with another human being that is...
and of course there are many other ways...
just like the bird flu virus we had a few short yrs ago..was discovered that it came from a chicken and somehow a little boy got it...and it spread all over the place.
i just think it is an absolute waste of time to rant that only homosexuals can get std's...it's pure willful ignorance choosing to live with binders on...
actually, behavior like that is embarrassing.

Last edited:

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
my question is where and how did std's start in the first place...
and it doesn't have anything to do with any type of sex act...with another human being that is...
and of course there are many other ways...
just like the bird flu virus we had a few short yrs ago..was discovered that it came from a chicken and somehow a little boy got it...and it spread all over the place.
i just think it is an absolute waste of time to rant that only homosexuals can get std's...it's pure willful ignorance choosing to live with binders on...
actually, behavior like that is embarrassing.

Hi Waitasec!

Yes, I've also heard that many diseases that afflict us did not originate with humans, but were contracted from other animals. Then, the virus mutated and became able to pass from human to human - we saw this demonstrated with the swine flu outbreak in Mexico. I agree that the idea that only homosexuals can get STD's is untrue and is a matter of general knowledge.

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe

Think about it we were nasty dirty people. People had no concept of personal hygiene back then, because of this disease came. That may not be how it happened, but it's more likely then 2 men were having sex and Bang AIDS was created.

otokage007

ALL homosexuals are at risk of contracting STD's, and ALL homosexuals are capable of spreading STD's. The same cannot be said for all heterosexuals.

As I told you before, you should be imprisoned. Not only because of your homophobic comments which are ilegal (fortunately) in some countries, but also because an heterosexual that reads your posts may commit the stupidity of believing you and think there is a very low probability for him to get AIDS.

It is because of ignorants like you that AIDS is so spread all over the world.

Last edited:

Tristesse

Anti-theists also have the right to hold their beliefs... just so long as those beliefs don't infringe on other's rights.

Yes, I know. But school led prayer was a good thing. All it took was one easily offended pc disciple to wipe it away. That is wrong.

Uh-uh. Christians were here [U.S.] first. There is no imposition on our part when we observed the originating tradition. Secular society has imposed its beliefs on Christian Society and now it's pointing its finger at us. We don't share your tyrannical view on tolerance, so it's foolish to think we will just sit back and watch things unfold. :rolleyes:

I agree with your first statement, and "anti-theists"(or as I like to call them, rationalists) are not infringing on your rights, they're trying to stop you from infringing on everyone else's rights. I'll give you an example, if I notice you beating someone over the head with a bat and I take that bat away from you, am I infringing on your rights?

School led prayer was not a good thing, it made children who didn't want to participate or didn't share the same beliefs outcasts. See here's the thing about prayer, it only takes one to pray. And your free to do so on your own. If you feel like you need your school to endorse your god, then you might want to re-evaluate your beliefs.

The US was founded as a secular nation and needs to remain as such. There were christians living in the US at that time, there is no denying that, but one thing they realized amoung many, is if the governement stays neutral on the religious issue, everyone is protected. You're free to hold your beliefs without the government endorsing it. One of the reasons the US is seen as a "free" nation, is because of it's seperation from government and religion. If you want to live in a theocracy move to the middle east. You might complain, "oh, well, thats not a christian nation" but thats the beautiful thing about a theocracy, you don't get to choose which religion you practice.