• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does homosexuality seem to get more hate?

Adonis65

And there's three.

First, you don't know people who were very straight and switched sides.

This shot alone warrants a full reply. Let's talk about how you're an authority on my perosnal experiences. I know this may seem pointless to you, but you did, afterall, tell me something about me, and I don't even know you. So, why don't we take a few minutes and test your knowledge:

1. What is my name?
2. What is my wife's name?
3. How many guns do I own?
4. Where was I educated?
5. Which branch of the Service was I in? (25% chance to get this right) ;)
6. How many siblings do I have?
7. Name at least 100 people that I know.
8. Name all the homosexuals I know, personally.
9. Tell me what I know about the U.S. Constitution.
10. What religion do I belong to?

gnomon

This shot alone warrants a full reply. Let's talk about how you're an authority on my perosnal experiences. I know this may seem pointless to you, but you did, afterall, tell me something about me, and I don't even know you. So, why don't we take a few minutes and test your knowledge:

1. What is my name?
4. Where was I educated?

You're wasting time.

How many posts do you have in this thread already. In none of them have displayed any knowledge of homosexuality, the spread of STD's, an accurate understanding of the development of the United States or much of anything in general. Your statements qualify anyone, including me, to make those observations about you.

I don't give a damn who your wife is, what branch you served in or any of the other questions asked above. Completely irrelevant in this thread.

I was considering that you were being contrary just for the sake of it or to have a bit of fun.

edit: But you are right about one thing. I'm arrogant. I'm rather proud of that fact.

Tristesse

1. What is my name?
4. Where was I educated?

How many guns do you own? I hope none.

From your replies, I'm guessing you don't know much about the US constituation.

Hey Adonis, you're straight, right? Have you ever had any homosexual tendencies, like being sexually attracted to other people of the same sex? Once you answer this, you might realize that it's not like tuning on a light switch.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
How many guns do you own? I hope none.

From your replies, I'm guessing you don't know much about the US constituation.

Hey Adonis, you're straight, right? Have you ever had any homosexual tendencies, like being sexually attracted to other people of the same sex? Once you answer this, you might realize that it's not like tuning on a light switch.

Well, gun fetishism is said to have homoerotic undertones.

Adonis65

You're wasting time.

And you've just proven my point: gnomon, doesn't know. There are many things that I do not know, but I do know about my own experiences. So rather than sit there, like some overindulged arrogant liberal, and dictate the sum of my experiences to me, why don't you just politely ask me to clarify my point?

Shall we try that, gnomon? Or are you just too comfortably stanched in deception?

gnomon

And you've just proven my point: gnomon, doesn't know. There are many things that I do not know, but I do know about my own experiences. So rather than sit there, like some overindulged arrogant liberal, and dictate the sum of my experiences to me, why don't you just politely ask me to clarify my point?

Shall we try that, gnomon? Or are you just too comfortably stanched in deception?

I am not dictating the sum of your experiences.

You claimed to know people who were born one way and switched sides. This is a remarkable claim because this requires the notion that people choose their sexuality and given that sexual development occurs prior to and through puberty than everyone should recall making the choice of choosing their sexual identity. To date, neither I nor apparently anyone else has been able to document a human being choosing their sexuality. The majority of the evidence in biological and psychological studies points towards hormonal development in the brain that leads to human sexual identity. This claimed knowledge you possess of bisexual behavior is not the same thing as the concept of people "switching sides". You don't know the mind of those people who are sexually/romantically attracted to members of both sexes nor of those people who went along with the accepted norm of the prevailing culture and later came out when they felt it was right for them.

Your claims regarding STD's and their specific relation to homosexuals is just wrong. The insertion into the argument of a being that cannot be proven establishing certain laws and that STD development is a result of human beings seeking "strange flesh" is nothing more than a faith based concept that has nothing to do with our scientific understanding of STD's or human development/evolution at all. It's pointless in the argument. Too many other members have already pointed this out ad nauseum.

I already pointed out the problem with your claim that Christians were here first in regards to the foundation of the U.S. Anyway, the founding of the U.S. is completely off topic in this thread.

I'm not evaluating your life. I'm evaluating the very specific things you have mentioned in this thread. Three things. Of the millions of other little aspects that make up our lives I don't know nor are relevant to this thread.

To reiterate, you don't know people who were "very straight" and later switched sides. Of course, the language you chose such as "very straight" implies not absolutely heterosexual. If they were not absolutely heterosexual that means they hold a level of bisexuality. Thus, the fact that they were in a relation with the opposite sex at one time in their life and are now in a relation with a member of the same sex implies nothing more than bisexual behavior. Not switching sides.

Feel sorry for me all you want. I don't care because it does nothing to further your claims.

gnomon

aaaannd:

Do you see the discrepency here?

I actually explained this in my last post. I'm not dictating the sum of your experiences. I'm evaluating your claim implying knowledge of people who changed their sexual orientation. An individual who changes a relationship with a person of one sex to a relationship with a person of a different sex did not change their orientation. They simply changed their relationships.

Tristesse

aaaannd:

Do you see the discrepency here?

I think what he was referring to, is that homosexuality in most cases is not a choice. So, when you say that you have friends who were straight and then switched sides, what I think you're really talking about, is someone who is gay and was trying to fit into society by claiming to be straight. Or those "friends" that you speak of are bi-sexual.

Sexuality is not a black and white subject, there are many variables.

waitasec

Veteran Member

you're dishonest.

apparently your silence is understood as a refusal to admit you are WRONG.
:beach:

in fact you have impressed me by demonstrating how someone is capable of saying a hole lot of nothing...
:clap

nuff said...

otokage007

I have a few liberal friends, but we've learned to agree to disagree on many points. This forum is far too hostile for that.

And going against gay community isn't hostile at all?

You have said too many strong things to homosexual people in this thread. I can understand that it is because you are just an ignorant. However, you have demonstrated that you LIKE being an ignorant, and that's why the people are stopping the polite attitude and starting to counter-atack you.