• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does homosexuality seem to get more hate?

Adonis65

So, if he and I are claiming no fence exists, as do all other gay people who are only asking for equal rights and acceptance as people who are no different from anyone else, and their friends, and others who have no problem with it, then the ones left building bridges would be those like you, no?

Are you trying to tell me that liberals are the only ones on this earth who have the authority to define what a fence is? Can I not say the same thing of your side of the political spectrum? You would be a fool to say that I can't, no?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Are you trying to tell me that liberals are the only ones on this earth who have the authority to define what a fence is? Can I not say the same thing of your side of the political spectrum? You would be a fool to say that I can't, no?

Nope. You were just saying that someone was sitting on a fence that he and many other people don't believe actually exists. I certainly saw no fence sitting happening. But this is much besides the point anyway.

I love how your only reply to this thread in the last few days is entirely besides the issues previously discussed though.

Adonis65

What are you suggesting?
Should I take a side against some group?

How about taking a side FOR some group, instead?

Should I be more judgmental?

Nope. You should be more wise. ;)

Or should I adopt the notion of absolutely true morals?

Are you suggesting that homosexual behavior is moral?

(Like the man said....there is no fence.)

Yes there is, and you're sitting on it.

Tristesse

How about taking a side FOR some group, instead?

Nope. You should be more wise. ;)

Are you suggesting that homosexual behavior is moral?

Yes there is, and you're sitting on it.

Homosexuality is not moral nor immoral. It's someone's nature. It would be like saying it's immoral to have blond hair.

Adonis65

Nope. You were just saying that someone was sitting on a fence that he and many other people don't believe actually exists. I certainly saw no fence sitting happening. But this is much besides the point anyway.

I love how your only reply to this thread in the last few days is entirely besides the issues previously discussed though.

I saw a fence, and Revolting was sitting on it.

I thought I've been quite clear on all my points.

Adonis65

Homosexuality is not moral nor immoral. It's someone's nature. It would be like saying it's immoral to have blond hair.

Bad comparison. Blond hair doesn't spread STD's. Some people with blond hair may spread STD's, but the blond hair itself does not drive behaviors.

Tristesse

Bad comparison. Blond hair doesn't spread STD's. Some people with blond hair may spread STD's, but the blond hair itself does not drive behaviors.

Neither does homosexuality, STD's are as much an issue with straight couples as with gay couples. Are you suggesting that straight couples are also immoral? Seeing as how they to contract STD's.

Adonis65

Neither does homosexuality, STD's are as much an issue with straight couples as with gay couples. Are you suggesting that straight couples are also immoral? Seeing as how they to contract STD's.

You're trying to say that since straights also spread STDs, that this somehow makes spreading diseases A-OK. Where in the world did you come up with that piece of psychotic reasoning? It must've made more sense to you when a gay militant said it. ;)

Last edited:

Tristesse

You're trying to say that since straights also spread STDs, that this somehow makes spreading diseases A-OK. Where in the world did you come up with that piece of psychotic reasoning? It must've made more sense to you when a gay militant said it. ;)

No, not at all. You were compairing gay sex to spreading STD's. So, I rightly pointed out that it's not just gays that spread STD's. In a lot of cases STD's are spread from people who had no idea they had an STD, it's neither right nor wrong in that case. It's a fact of life. People get diseases it's unfortunate, but it happens.

Adonis65

No, not at all. You were compairing gay sex to spreading STD's.

That's because gay behavior is linked to STD's.

That fact is, YOU were comparing gay behavior to blond hair. You're trying to tell me that every single homosexual born on this planet was born gay. I know for a fact that this statement is wrong. I know several gays who started their lives very straight, and eventually switched sides.

Your blond hair comparison is inaccurate. I'm sorry.

Tristesse

No, YOU were comparing gay behavior to blond hair. You're trying to tell me that every single homosexual born on this planet was born gay. I know for a fact that this statement is wrong. I know several gays who started their lives very straight, and eventually switched sides.

Your blond hair comparison is inaccurate. I'm sorry.

I did not say every single one was born gay, however, homosexuality is a natural occurance. Just like blond hair is a natural occurance. Homosexuality does not cause STD's, just like blond hair does not cause STD's. I don't see where the issue lies with the comparison. You only see a difference because you don't have an issue with blond haired people.

The idea that homosexuality is a choice is patently absurd.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Speaking as an insecure & emotionally crippled guy, I think yer full of it.
It stems from deep seated notions that homosexuality is evil (usually of religious origins I'd say).
Naturally, such believers will rail against evil. Don't we all hate evil? But it's in the eye of the beholder.
So they see homos as evil, & rail. I see'm as just ordinary people (albeit with better haircuts & clothing), & get all 'meh'.

Adonis65

I did not say every single one was born gay, however, homosexuality is a natural occurance. Just like blond hair is a natural occurance.

Uh-uh. What you need to say is that in some cases, homosexuality is a natural occurence, whereas blond hair is always a natural occurence, therefore I was wrong for making such a comparison.

Homosexuality does not cause STD's, just like blond hair does not cause STD's.

More crazy talk. Homosexual behavior can cause STD's. Blond hair NEVER cause STD's.

I don't see where the issue lies with the comparison.

That's because you haven't been able to reconcile the inconsistencies of your argument.

Last edited:

Adonis65

No.

But it remains that you don't know gay people who started their lives "very straight" and then switched sides.

Yes I do. Three come to mind, and that's just off the top of my head.

Now, are you going to persist with this ignorance, or shall I begin telling you what you don't know?

gnomon

Yes I do. Three come to mind, and that's just off the top of my head.

Now, are you going to persist with this ignorance, or shall I begin telling you what you don't know?

You can bleat it all you want but only a congregation of your fellow religious idiots would ever agree with such deluded nonsense.

The only interesting question left in this thread is whether or not your poor upbringing leading to your conclusions regarding homosexuality is due to your parents or your peers. Or both.

But no, you don't know people who were born "very straight" and switched sides. That's merely the way you categorized them in your own frame of reference to justify a delusion.

Adonis65

You can bleat it all you want but only a congregation of your fellow religious idiots would ever agree with such deluded nonsense.

The only interesting question left in this thread is whether or not your poor upbringing leading to your conclusions regarding homosexuality is due to your parents or your peers. Or both.

But no, you don't know people who were born "very straight" and switched sides. That's merely the way you categorized them in your own frame of reference to justify a delusion.

Let's discuss the pros of homosexuality. Not what an individual gay person might bring to the table, but the behavior itself. You start.