• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does Religion Exist

Why does religion exist

• 1-Superstition

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • 2-Tool of control

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • 3-To convey valuable life lessons

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • 4-Profound truth

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 5-Other

Votes: 35 66.0%

• Total voters

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
No .. it is none but G-d who created male and female.
Yes. He also made intersexed people. But I digress :)
In the same way, G-d created human beings .. so it is totally illogical
for G-d to have sexual gender or be a person, in the usual sense of the word.
Assigning a gender to God is simply a necessity of language. We do the best we can. We simply lack a pronoun that indicates a being is beyond gender. If someone refers to God as he, I have no problem. If they use she or it, I also have no problem.

The word "person" is meant to refer to those who have agency, intelligence, a moral compass, and self awareness with whom we can have a relationship. It is much more common for "person" to refer to humans. But referring to God or a god as a person has a history that goes back thousands of years because that is the best approximation.

So I'm curious. Since you don't want to refer to God as a person, how would you describe him instead? An animal? An object? What?

muhammad_isa

So I'm curious. Since you don't want to refer to God as a person, how would you describe him instead? An animal? An object? What?
..just G-d. :)

We can understand G-d through spiritual attributes, such as Merciful, Forgiving, Infinite, Eternal and so on.
I suppose we could say G-d is a 'person' in a spiritual sense .. but I am not aware of any other person
that is like G-d.
How would you describe an 'infinite person' ? :)

IndigoChild5559

..just G-d. :)

We can understand G-d through spiritual attributes, such as Merciful, Forgiving, Infinite, Eternal and so on.
I suppose we could say G-d is a 'person' in a spiritual sense .. but I am not aware of any other person
that is like G-d.
How would you describe an 'infinite person' ? :)
Since you wanna say "just God," I'll say "just an infinite person."

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
" Acts of the Apostles "
"Luke-Acts was written by an anonymous Christian* author who may not have been an eyewitness to any of the events recorded within the text."

Authorship of Luke–Acts - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
*Pauline Christian
It was definitely neither written by Yeshua, nor by anyone amongst the "twelve " so its contents and as also the contents of other Gospels, I understand, are not reliable, please, right?

Most, if not all, the Books of NT Bible, whether Canonical or non-Canonical, are by anonymous persons, so they cannot be trusted for witnessing, no court would accept witnessing of Anonymous persons, please, right?

Regards

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
" Acts of the Apostles "
"Luke-Acts was written by an anonymous Christian* author who may not have been an eyewitness to any of the events recorded within the text."

Authorship of Luke–Acts - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org
*Pauline Christian
It was definitely neither written by Yeshua, nor by anyone amongst the "twelve " so its contents and as also the contents of other Gospels, I understand, are not reliable, please, right?

Most, if not all, the Books of NT Bible, whether Canonical or non-Canonical, are by anonymous persons, so they cannot be trusted for witnessing, no court would accept witnessing of Anonymous persons, please, right?

Regards

Well, I won't answer that, but what does it have to do with religion as such?

Then, how does one explain a devout atheist with No religion _____________
Of course, some people look in a mirror and see their god, but is that religion of just worship of self ________

And some wear their Gods on their hip, because the Idolatry makes them feel Omnipotent.

Craig Hicks atheism, for example, is a form of gundamentalism.

Here’s a tune about Craig Hicks atheism.

Angry White American Man​

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Why Does Religion Exist

And some wear their Gods on their hip, because the Idolatry makes them feel Omnipotent.

Craig Hicks atheism, for example, is a form of gundamentalism.

Here’s a tune about Craig Hicks atheism.

Angry White American Man​

" gundamentalism "

Is it a new denomination/movement of/within the Atheism people, please, right?!?
Or is it a synonym of Vandalism, right, please??!
Never heard this word before.
Right?

Regards

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Why Does Religion Exist

" gundamentalism "

Is it a new denomination/movement of/within the Atheism people, please, right?!?
Right?

Regards

It is a single human. Make of it what you want.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No .. it is none but G-d who created male and female.
In the same way, G-d created human beings .. so it is totally illogical
for G-d to have sexual gender or be a person, in the usual sense of the word.
At what point did God create male and female ?
ALL the angels are considered male in Scripture. Only religion outside of Scripture pictures some angels as female
On Earth (physical) first we find animal kind as male and female before fashioned humankind as male and female

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Why Does Religion Existpaarsurrey said:​

It is good to educate the children instead of leaving them blank and untrained, please, right?
Thanks for agreeing with me.
Regards
Even orphaned elephants who are left uneducated by parents are blank and untrained and easily get in trouble

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

Why Does Religion Exist

" gundamentalism "

Right?

Regards
The news reports that he is a "devoted follower of prominent British atheist, Richard Dawkins", doesn't it give a clue of existence of many such hidden " devout followers of" Richard Dawkins, please, right; and if there happen to be many, then a movement, right, please??

Regards

paarsurrey said:

Why Does Religion Exist

" gundamentalism "

Right?

Regards

The news reports that he is a "devoted follower of prominent British atheist, Richard Dawkins", doesn't it give a clue of existence of many such hidden " devout followers of" Richard Dawkins, please, right; and if there happen to be many, then a movement, right, please??

Regards

I ran into these folks online about two decades ago.

IndigoChild5559

I got the gist.

Folks get confused at first when my wife uses pronouns seemingly at random.

After a while, they get used to it.

How’s your Spanish?

Mine is terrible.
When someone is corrected over and over, then it is not a matter of simple ignorance that is easily overlooked. It shows a disrespect. I am not a "Judaism people." I a Jew. I am not a "Zionism people." I am a Zionist.

My Spanish is pretty bad, but if I were making the same mistake, and someone was kind enough to correct me, I would change what I said.

When someone is corrected over and over, then it is not a matter of simple ignorance that is easily overlooked. It shows a disrespect. I am not a "Judaism people." I a Jew. I am not a "Zionism people." I am a Zionist.

My Spanish is pretty bad, but if I were making the same mistake, and someone was kind enough to correct me, I would change what I said.

Try telling my wife your preferred pronouns in English and see how far it gets you.

I may have difficulty conveying an answer to somebody whose first language is not English, but I get the gist of the question.

And let’s face it.

It’s not like native English speakers are easy to convey information to in general.

They miss a lot. And they often simply ignore anything that couldn’t have been written by ChatGPT, because they were pretty much trained on the same training set as ChatGPT.

Last edited: