• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I think there is one right religion

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
36:77 Does man not consider that We created him from a [mere] sperm-drop - then at once he is a clear adversary?

The scientific identification of the key components of sexual
reproduction – eggs and sperm – took place during an
amazing decade of discovery in the 1660s and 1670s

ING - This is not correct. They thought the male put a tiny whole pre-formed baby in the female, and she just incubated it.

21:30 Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?

The Big Bang theory states that around 12-15 billion years ago the universe came into existence from one single extremely hot and dense point

ING - You are trying to put modern science to ancient texts. Even the Bible says the earth and heavens were separated - and not in any scientific way. And we know the Qur'an includes both Hebrew and Christian text, and ideas.

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
Gen 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Gen 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

78:7 And the mountains as stakes?

Scientists confirm that mountains have below them roots that extend deep into the earth's surface and stabilize the earth's crust. The history of science tells us that the theory of mountains, having deep roots and being stabilizers for the earth, has just begun to be understood in the framework of plate tectonics since the late 1960’s. These roots can reach several times their elevations above the surface of the ground. So the most suitable word to describe mountains on the basis of this information is the word "peg", like the Qur'an describes it.

ING - To put it very basic, - Mountains are formed by plate tectonics. Nothing to do with stakes, or pegs.

Tectonic plates collide, causing the land to compress and push upward.

OR - Oceanic tectonic plates collide, causing the denser into subduction, and a rise forming volcanic mountains, ect. You can read about it.

25:53 And it is He who has released [simultaneously] the two seas, one fresh and sweet and one salty and bitter, and He placed between them a barrier and prohibiting partition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B0GIDBVPtA

ING - We have discussed this here before. It is not correct. There is no "barrier. Salt water is denser and thus more buoyant. Fresh water flows down to the oceans - with force - and thus flows across the top of the denser salt water. It can be pushed quite a distance, but eventually mixes.

39:6 He created you from one soul. Then He made from it its mate, and He produced for you from the grazing livestock eight mates. He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation, within three darknesses. That is Allah , your Lord; to Him belongs dominion

Professor Keith Moore one of the most famous embryology scientists in the world says: the embryo moves from one developing stage to another inside three veils that were mentioned in the holy Quran as God says: (in three veils of darkness): the three veils of darkness may refer to: 1-The anterior abdominal wall, 2-The uterine wall, 3-The amniochorionic membrane.

They are - Really - stretching here. This is actually talking about the Biblical concept of a single human soul - divided into male and female.

We don't descend from grazing "livestock."

If I had to take a guess at the meaning of - "He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation, within three darknesses." -
I would note that it says "wombs," plural,
and creation after creation, probably refers to child after child,
and three darknesses, probably refers to the fact that most fetuses show, and start moving, around three months.

Last edited:
If I had to take a guess at the meaning of - "He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation, within three darknesses." -
I would note that it says "wombs," plural,
and creation after creation, probably refers to child after child,
and three darknesses, probably refers to the fact that most fetuses show, and start moving, around three months.[/COLOR][/B]

The three stages of darkness were described by Hippocrates:

An extraordinary passage from the writings of the medieval philosopher Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya shows how heavily the later Arabic writers depended upon the Greek doctors; in one continuous discourse [52] the words of Hippocrates explain the Qur'an and Hadith, and the latter are used to explain Hippocrates. For example:

"Hippocrates said ... 'some membranes are formed at the beginning, others after the second month, and others in the third month ...' That is why God says, 'He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, by one formation after another in three darknesses'. Since each of these membranes has its own darkness, when God mentioned the stages of creation and transformation from one state to another, He also mentioned the darknesses of the membranes. Most commentators explain: 'it is the darkness of the belly, and the darkness of the womb, and the darkness of the placenta' ... Hippocrates said, 'The ears are opened, and the eyes, which are filled with a clear liquid.' The Prophet used to say, 'I worship Him Who made my face and formed it, and opened my hearing and eyesight' etc. etc" [53].

Qur'an and Science: Embryology

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The three stages of darkness were described by Hippocrates:

An extraordinary passage from the writings of the medieval philosopher Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya shows how heavily the later Arabic writers depended upon the Greek doctors; in one continuous discourse [52] the words of Hippocrates explain the Qur'an and Hadith, and the latter are used to explain Hippocrates. For example:

"Hippocrates said ... 'some membranes are formed at the beginning, others after the second month, and others in the third month ...' That is why God says, 'He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, by one formation after another in three darknesses'. Since each of these membranes has its own darkness, when God mentioned the stages of creation and transformation from one state to another, He also mentioned the darknesses of the membranes. Most commentators explain: 'it is the darkness of the belly, and the darkness of the womb, and the darkness of the placenta' ... Hippocrates said, 'The ears are opened, and the eyes, which are filled with a clear liquid.' The Prophet used to say, 'I worship Him Who made my face and formed it, and opened my hearing and eyesight' etc. etc" [53].

Qur'an and Science: Embryology

Which is obviously just another later opinion on the meaning.

Also, this is mixing Hippocrates and the medieval philosopher Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya, and does not clearly show which is which.

A link to both would be helpful.

Also, - "the words of Hippocrates explain the Qur'an and Hadith," is not accurate.

The words of "Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya" are trying to use Hippocrates to explain the Qur'an and Hadith, is accurate.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
But it is something to start with
yes. but starting with this doesn't get you to where you are going.

There are things we believe in without seeing.
Not without evidence. We often believe things are "possible" because they fit the evidence at hand without having actually measured it but it isn't considered fact. Everything we deem fact or dependable does have evidence that we have witnessed. God no so much.

Yes God made everything. And the testing is "science".
What did he make it from and who made god?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well why should Islam change? God has perfected it.
Islam must change if it is to survive. Islam is very far from being anything remotely resembling perfection. In theory, if indeed Islam was perfect (or perfected) it's adherents should be doing much better than they are now - I mean much better. Due to the ossification that is at the root of Islam and this childish notion that it is perfect pretty much dooms the Muslim world to be left far behind the rest of humanity. This will cause problems that in reality are quite unnecessary.

IslamAcademy said:
IN CONCLUSION:
Clearly, we can see from the opinions of the righteous scholars, that to define innovations in worship as wholly negative without exception is ignorant. For these pious knowers, among them, Imam Shafi'i and Imam Nawawi, declared that innovations could be divided into good and bad, based on their compliance with, or deviance from religious law. Can the latter day scholars of Islam (who came after I 1 00 years) claim that they understand the Quran and Hadith better than the Sahaba and the Salaf-Us-Saliheen? If 'every' innovation is a misguidance then the following too are all innovations which originated two centuries or more after Sahaba RA: Reading eight raka in Tarawih; Translations of Quran; Writing Tafseers; collection and classification of Ahaadiths; Principles of Jurisprudence; The four schools of Fiqh, Stoned and carpeted Mosques, use of loud speakers in mosques etc.

Therefore, anything that does not have roots originating to the Quran and Sunnah is considered a bad innovation.
<source>

And no innovation is not frowned upon. There is a reason why the first word revealed in the Quraan is "Read"
That is not accurate either. Clearly, if innovation is at variance with Qur'an and the Sunnah it is treated with suspicion. That alone creates the ossification in Islam.

And the prophet peace be upon him was always supportive to learning
and yet, he never did learn to read or write. It's such an easy thing to do and yet he never bothered.... odd...

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
@ 0ne-answer, here is the answer to your post addressed to me:

19:67 Does man not remember that We created him before, while he was nothing?:
This is a very poor jumbled statement which hardly means anything. What is Qur'an trying to say here? I was never 'nothing'. Before my mother conceived me, I was a part of my parents, sperm and ovum. I started to remember things only from the age of 5 or so. How can I remember of anything from before that time?

78:6-16
6 Have We not made the earth a resting place?: Now who is this 'we'? Is it a claim by an individual or a corporation?
7 And the mountains as stakes?: Mountains are not stakes (Stake: a stick or post pointed at one end for driving into the ground as a boundary mark, part of a fence, support for a plant, etc.)
8 And We created you in pairs? No, I was single and not part of a twin birth.
9 And made your sleep [a means for] rest: It is my body which makes me sleep after the day's exertion. It requires rest.
10 And made the night as clothing: Is night a cloth?
11 And made the day for livelihood: No, some people work during the night shifts.
12 And constructed above you seven strong [heavens]: There is no evidence for them.
13 And made [therein] a burning lamp: Wherein?
14 And sent down, from the rain clouds, pouring water: That is the water cycle. Nobody sends rain down.
15 That We may bring forth thereby grain and vegetation: Why could not this 'we' bring forth grain and vegetation with out water. Did not have that power?
16 And gardens of entwined growth.: Oh, yes, where there is enough rain and suitable soil, nothing much of it in a desert. None at all in Atacama desert.

25:61 Blessed is He who has placed in the sky great stars and placed therein a [burning] lamp and luminous moon.: Oh, moon reflects light. It is not luminous by itself. Somebody placed the stars (galaxies) in the sky? And it is not a burning lamp, it is a nuclear power plant.

27:88 And you see the mountains, thinking them rigid, while they will pass as the passing of clouds. [It is] the work of Allah, who perfected all things. Indeed, He is Acquainted with that which you do.: No the mountains do not pass as the passing of clouds. They are much more stable than that. Of course, they may disappear over hundreds of millions of years because of plate tectonics. What is the thing in this world that is perfect?

67:3[And] who created seven heavens in layers. You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency. So return [your] vision [to the sky]; do you see any breaks?: Oh, friend, do not talk about heavens. As I said there is no evidence of heavens or hells. Even Mohammad's visit to heavens riding a flying white beast was is but a figment of imagination. He said he met the prophets there, but the prophets cannot be there, because they are all lying in their graves. They would be made to rise only on the day of judgment. I do not know how did Mohammad made such a blunder in his tale.

32:7 Who perfected everything which He created and began the creation of man from clay: Not at all, humans were not created from clay and if this world is made by any God then, it is very poor engineering. Nearly everything could have been made in a better way.

16:79 Do they not see the birds controlled in the atmosphere of the sky? None holds them up except Allah. Indeed in that are signs for a people who believe.: Birds are controlled in the atmosphere? And who holds the airoplanes in the atmosphere? A guy named Allah? These may be signs for believers who are blind to everything else, but not for any ordinarily educated person on Earth.

But I can't blame you. :no:

Last edited:

Sabour

yes. but starting with this doesn't get you to where you are going.

Not without evidence. We often believe things are "possible" because they fit the evidence at hand without having actually measured it but it isn't considered fact. Everything we deem fact or dependable does have evidence that we have witnessed. God no so much.

What did he make it from and who made god?

Look you have been here in this forum for almost a year and I am sure you've came across too many ideas and opinions about that subject. However, Just receiving information is not enough, people receiving information become educated and not thinkers. Don't expect me to show you that God exists just by information I give you.

Men, life and the universe are limited, indeed all that we can perceive is limited. What we mean by limited is that it all has a starting point and an
end point, and is not unlimited and infinite.

We can see that man is born and dies, and man cannot grow beyond a certain size in height and weight. All of life is similarly limited, and the earth, moon and stars likewise have a starting and end point. The life of a star or galaxy may be a very long period of time, but they are definitely limited in that they all have a starting and ending. The universe is a very large place but it is a finite space, and is not unlimited.
A second attribute of man, life and the universe is that all of these are needy and dependant. Needy in that to exist, they must have assistance from something else, they are not self sustaining.

The fact that is inextricably interwoven with these facts of being limited, finite, dependant, and needy is that ultimately there has to be a Creator or initiator for it all.

When we contemplate upon the Creator, we deduce that it can only be either of three things; Created by something else, Creator and created at one and the same time, or eternal self-subsisting.

Obviously, the second option is impossible,it can't be created and creator in the same time.

For the first option, let's assume that it is created by something else (X). Now we have another question, who created(X)? And who created the creator of (X). And you can go on and on with this question. This leaves us with the only option of eternal self-subsisting.

Take your time thinking things over, and remember this verse
41:53 We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness?

If you like read this, and watch the video:

http://www.al-dawah.dk/boger/engelske/pdf/Faith_and_Progress.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozFyFwBiAhU

Sabour

This is a very poor jumbled statement which hardly means anything. What is Qur'an trying to say here? I was never 'nothing'. Before my mother conceived me, I was a part of my parents, sperm and ovum. I started to remember things only from the age of 5 or so. How can I remember of anything from before that time?

"Remember" in this verse means "realize" it is just the word by word tranlsation that confuses. But if you were never "nothing", what were you before your parents were born?

78:6-16
6 Have We not made the earth a resting place?: Now who is this 'we'? Is it a claim by an individual or a corporation?

In arabic "we" is used instead of "I" for glorification

7 And the mountains as stakes?: Mountains are not stakes (Stake: a stick or post pointed at one end for driving into the ground as a boundary mark, part of a fence, support for a plant, etc.)
Plate Tectonics holds that mountain work as stabilizers for the earth.

Males and females

9 And made your sleep [a means for] rest: It is my body which makes me sleep after the day's exertion. It requires rest.
And who created it like this ?

14 And sent down, from the rain clouds, pouring water: That is the water cycle. Nobody sends rain down.
Who made water cycle ?

25:61 Blessed is He who has placed in the sky great stars and placed therein a [burning] lamp and luminous moon.: Oh, moon reflects light. It is not luminous by itself. Somebody placed the stars (galaxies) in the sky? And it is not a burning lamp, it is a nuclear power plant.

Full Definition of LUMINOUS

a : emitting or reflecting usually steady, suffused, or glowing light
b : of or relating to light or to luminous flux

Sabour

and yet, he never did learn to read or write. It's such an easy thing to do and yet he never bothered.... odd...

Really ?So as a prophet in the seventh century and having a massage to share with the whole of humanity and being fought by all his people, he should have left all that and learn?

AmbiguousGuy

Really ?So as a prophet in the seventh century and having a massage to share with the whole of humanity and being fought by all his people, he should have left all that and learn?

In Muhammad's first encounter with God, God told him to read.

How could a true prophet of God refuse to do the first thing that God told him to do?

Or do I have something wrong about the story?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Aupmanyav said:

"Remember" in this verse means "realize" it isjust the word by word tranlsation that confuses. But if you were never "nothing", what were you before your parents were born? 78:6-16

ING - May I suggest you study evolution, and the baby making process.

Aupmanyav said:
In arabic "we" is used instead of "I" for glorification

ING - That is the excuse/lie used by monotheistic religions that are trying to hide their polytheistic past.

Aupmanyav said:
Plate Tectonics holds that mountain work as stabilizers for the earth.

ING - This is actually wrong. Is there more mass below mountain ranges? Yes. However what is being ignored is the FACT that the plates, which are below this level, and made up of the relatively light, rigid rock of the lithosphere actually ‘float’ on the asthenosphere! Mass below mountains does not stop this. The plates are always moving. Also, the Islamic claim is that this "Pegging" stops the earth shaking, - which is obviously wrong, as these areas where the plates push up, or slide under, are earthquake prone. I live on the Ring of Fire.

Aupmanyav said:
Males and females

ING - You are leaving out the One creature - that woman is supposedly made from, thus male and female. "39:6 He created you from one soul. Then He made from it its mate,..." It does not work that way.

Aupmanyav said:
And who created it like this ?

ING - This is the way we evolved. No invisible God man is required.

Aupmanyav said:
Who made water cycle ?

ING - Again - natural water cycle of the earth. There is no one sitting out there saying "looks a little dry down there. Dump some water."

Aupmanyav said:
Full Definition of LUMINOUS

a : emitting or reflecting usually steady, suffused, or glowing light
b : of or relating to light or to luminous flux

You know perfectly well that they did not understand that back then. They saw moonlight, and assumed the moon had light like the sun. This is a natural assumption for primitive people.

Look at the rest of the quote. They separate the sun from other stars - because they did not know what they were. The sun is called a lamp - because lamps are put out at night. They did not understand how we have night and day.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Look you have been here in this forum for almost a year and I am sure you've came across too many ideas and opinions about that subject. However, Just receiving information is not enough, people receiving information become educated and not thinkers. Don't expect me to show you that God exists just by information I give you.
I don't. I expect you to support your augment. For example I can convince reasonable people that evolution is fact by showing them the evidence. I've done so a few times. But I can never simply say "evolution is true and if you want to know why go learn it yourself." I can say "There is evidence and this is the link of that evidence so I don't personally have to teach it to you."

If you can support your argument then you should so if you wish to be taken seriously.
Men, life and the universe are limited, indeed all that we can perceive is limited. What we mean by limited is that it all has a starting point and an
end point, and is not unlimited and infinite.

We can see that man is born and dies, and man cannot grow beyond a certain size in height and weight. All of life is similarly limited, and the earth, moon and stars likewise have a starting and end point. The life of a star or galaxy may be a very long period of time, but they are definitely limited in that they all have a starting and ending. The universe is a very large place but it is a finite space, and is not unlimited.
A second attribute of man, life and the universe is that all of these are needy and dependant. Needy in that to exist, they must have assistance from something else, they are not self sustaining.

The fact that is inextricably interwoven with these facts of being limited, finite, dependant, and needy is that ultimately there has to be a Creator or initiator for it all.
None of this specifcally points to god. We actually don't know how the universe came into existence and even the point of the singularity leaps beyond our understanding of physics. To say that it "has to have" a creator when we don't even know the first thing about what happened seems a bit arrogant. That is like saying I saw a rock on the ground and deduced that a Human specifically had to have come by and put it there. Its so perfectly placed and all. But it could have been any number of natural things. Things we didn't even know about.

So it is very presumptuous to state that it "had" to be anything.
When we contemplate upon the Creator, we deduce that it can only be either of three things; Created by something else, Creator and created at one and the same time, or eternal self-subsisting.
Even if we were able to deduce that it had to have been "created" that doesn't imply specifically a "creator". For example it could have been created in another universe as stated in the multiverse theory.
Obviously, the second option is impossible,it can't be created and creator in the same time.
Did the "creator" create himself? Or did he have a "creator of the creator"?
For the first option, let's assume that it is created by something else (X). Now we have another question, who created(X)? And who created the creator of (X). And you can go on and on with this question. This leaves us with the only option of eternal self-subsisting.
Which rules out god logically. There cannot be a creator if something is eternal self-subsisting.
Take your time thinking things over, and remember this verse
41:53 We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness?

In good faith I did read it and ponder it for a but. However I cannot find anything unusual about it compared to other holy scripture and nor did it bring about any fundamentally unique ideas about god.

Sabour

If you can support your argument then you should so if you wish to be taken seriously.

None of this specifcally points to god. We actually don't know how the universe came into existence and even the point of the singularity leaps beyond our understanding of physics. To say that it "has to have" a creator when we don't even know the first thing about what happened seems a bit arrogant. That is like saying I saw a rock on the ground and deduced that a Human specifically had to have come by and put it there. Its so perfectly placed and all. But it could have been any number of natural things. Things we didn't even know about.

So it is very presumptuous to state that it "had" to be anything.

Even if we were able to deduce that it had to have been "created" that doesn't imply specifically a "creator". For example it could have been created in another universe as stated in the multiverse theory.

Did the "creator" create himself? Or did he have a "creator of the creator"?

Which rules out god logically. There cannot be a creator if something is eternal self-subsisting.

That is why I told you in the first place that our mind is limited. We don’t know everything, but for sure we know that our universe had a starting point.

If we want to say that our universe was created in another universe, than what created the other universe?

By saying eternal self-sustaining, I was describing God and not the universe, because the universe has a starting point.

Let us imagine two cases:
1- Let us imagine this. You have 20 rocks each given a number from 1 to 20. Let’s assume that you throw these rocks randomly for 30 times.

If someone came to study the motion of these rocks in the 30 times, he will be clueless, because the position of each rock is randomly changing. He won’t be able to come up with a law which is defining the rocks movement.

2- Now let us imagine that instead of randomly throwing the rocks, you place them according to a certain pattern in your head.

If someone came to study the motion of these rocks, he will be able to know the pattern in which you are arranging the rocks by studying the positions. He will be able to expect the next position.

These means that things don’t randomly happen and there is someone who is running the universe.

Once a muslim scholar, called Abu Hanifah was going to have a talk with an atheist who was across the river. But Abu Hanifah came late. They told him ‘Oh Abu Hanifah, a messenger sent for you hours ago, and you arrive now, explain your lateness to us.’ He said “once the messenger delivered the message to me, I began to make my way to the River Tigris, and on reaching the river bank I realised there was no boat, in order to cross the river.” I was standing on the river bank looking for a navigator or a boat when something caught my attention in the middle of the river. I looked forward, and to my amazement I saw planks of wood rising to the surface from the sea bed. I was shocked, amazed, I couldn’t believe what I saw seeing. Ready made planks of wood were rising up to the surface and joining together. They were all the same width and length, I was astounded at what I saw. I continued to look into the middle of the river, and then I saw nails coming up from the sea floor. They positioned themselves onto the boat and held the planks together, without them being banged. I stood in amazement and thought to myself, ‘Oh Allah, how can this happen, planks of wood rising to the surface by itself, and then nails positioning themselves onto the boat without being banged?’ I could not understand what was happening before my eyes.’
At this moment, the athiest brust out laughing and remarked, ‘Oh Abu Hanifah, I heard that you were the best debator from amongst the Muslims, I heard that you were the wisest, the most knowledgable from amongst your people. From seeing you today, I can say that you show none of these qualities. You speak of a boat appearing from nowhere, without someone having built it. Nails positioning themselves without someone having banged them, sealant being poured without someone having poured it, and the boat taking you to your destination without a navigator against the tide, your taking childish, your talking rediculous, I swear I do not belive a word of it!’
Abu Hanifah Rahimullah turned to the athiest and replied, ‘You don’t believe a word of it? You dont believe that nails can appear by themselves? You dont believe sealant can be poured by itself? You dont believe that a boat can move without a navigator, hence you don’t believe that a boat can appear without a boat maker?’
The athiest remarked defiantly, ‘Yes I dont believe a word of it!’
Abu Hanifah Rahimullah replied, ‘If you cannot believe that a boat came into being without a boat maker, than this is only a boat, how can you believe that the whole world, the universe, the stars, the oceans, and the planets came into being without a creator?

God in Islam

Chapter 112: Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One, Allah , the Eternal Refuge.He neither begets nor is born,Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

2:255
Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.

The 99 names and attributes of God in the Quraan
1 &#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1607; The Greatest Name Allah
2 &#1575;&#1604;&#1585;&#1581;&#1605;&#1606; The All-Compassionate Ar-Rahman
3 &#1575;&#1604;&#1585;&#1581;&#1610;&#1605; The All-Merciful Ar-Rahim
4 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1604;&#1603; The Absolute Ruler Al-Malik
5 &#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1583;&#1608;&#1587; The Pure One Al-Quddus
6 &#1575;&#1604;&#1587;&#1604;&#1575;&#1605; The Source of Peace As-Salam
7 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1572;&#1605;&#1606; The Inspirer of Faith Al-Mu'min
8 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1607;&#1610;&#1605;&#1606; The Guardian Al-Muhaymin
9 &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1586;&#1610;&#1586; The Victorious Al-Aziz
10 &#1575;&#1604;&#1580;&#1576;&#1575;&#1585; The Compeller Al-Jabbar
11 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1578;&#1603;&#1576;&#1585; The Greatest Al-Mutakabbir
12 &#1575;&#1604;&#1582;&#1575;&#1604;&#1602; The Creator Al-Khaliq
13 &#1575;&#1604;&#1576;&#1575;&#1585;&#1574; The Maker of Order Al-Bari'
14 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1589;&#1608;&#1585; The Shaper of Beauty Al-Musawwir
15 &#1575;&#1604;&#1594;&#1601;&#1575;&#1585; The Forgiving Al-Ghaffar
16 &#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1607;&#1575;&#1585; The Subduer Al-Qahhar
17 &#1575;&#1604;&#1608;&#1607;&#1575;&#1576; The Giver of All Al-Wahhab
18 &#1575;&#1604;&#1585;&#1586;&#1575;&#1602; The Sustainer Ar-Razzaq
19 &#1575;&#1604;&#1601;&#1578;&#1575;&#1581; The Opener Al-Fattah
20 &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1604;&#1610;&#1605; The Knower of All Al-`Alim
21 &#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1575;&#1576;&#1590; The Constrictor Al-Qabid
22 &#1575;&#1604;&#1576;&#1575;&#1587;&#1591; The Reliever Al-Basit
23 &#1575;&#1604;&#1582;&#1575;&#1601;&#1590; The Abaser Al-Khafid
24 &#1575;&#1604;&#1585;&#1575;&#1601;&#1593; The Exalter Ar-Rafi
25 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1593;&#1586; The Bestower of Honors Al-Mu'izz
26 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1584;&#1604; The Humiliator Al-Mudhill
27 &#1575;&#1604;&#1587;&#1605;&#1610;&#1593; The Hearer of All As-Sami
28 &#1575;&#1604;&#1576;&#1589;&#1610;&#1585; The Seer of All Al-Basir
29 &#1575;&#1604;&#1581;&#1603;&#1605; The Judge Al-Hakam
30 &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1583;&#1604; The Just Al-`Adl
31 &#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1591;&#1610;&#1601; The Subtle One Al-Latif
32 &#1575;&#1604;&#1582;&#1576;&#1610;&#1585; The All-Aware Al-Khabir
33 &#1575;&#1604;&#1581;&#1604;&#1610;&#1605; The Forbearing Al-Halim
34 &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1592;&#1610;&#1605; The Magnificent Al-Azim
35 &#1575;&#1604;&#1594;&#1601;&#1608;&#1585; The Forgiver and Hider of Faults Al-Ghafur
36 &#1575;&#1604;&#1588;&#1603;&#1608;&#1585; The Rewarder of Thankfulness Ash-Shakur
37 &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1604;&#1610; The Highest Al-Ali
38 &#1575;&#1604;&#1603;&#1576;&#1610;&#1585; The Greatest Al-Kabir
39 &#1575;&#1604;&#1581;&#1601;&#1610;&#1592; The Preserver Al-Hafiz
40 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1602;&#1610;&#1578; The Nourisher Al-Muqit
41 &#1575;&#1604;&#1581;&#1587;&#1610;&#1576; The Accounter Al-Hasib
42 &#1575;&#1604;&#1580;&#1604;&#1610;&#1604; The Mighty Al-Jalil
43 &#1575;&#1604;&#1603;&#1585;&#1610;&#1605; The Generous Al-Karim
44 &#1575;&#1604;&#1585;&#1602;&#1610;&#1576; The Watchful One Ar-Raqib
45 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1580;&#1610;&#1576; The Responder to Prayer Al-Mujib
46 &#1575;&#1604;&#1608;&#1575;&#1587;&#1593; The All-Comprehending Al-Wasi
47 &#1575;&#1604;&#1581;&#1603;&#1610;&#1605; The Perfectly Wise Al-Hakim
48 &#1575;&#1604;&#1608;&#1583;&#1608;&#1583; The Loving One Al-Wadud
49 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1580;&#1610;&#1583; The Majestic One Al-Majid
50 &#1575;&#1604;&#1576;&#1575;&#1593;&#1579; The Resurrector Al-Ba'ith
51 &#1575;&#1604;&#1588;&#1607;&#1610;&#1583; The Witness Ash-Shahid
52 &#1575;&#1604;&#1581;&#1602; The Truth Al-Haqq
53 &#1575;&#1604;&#1608;&#1603;&#1610;&#1604; The Trustee Al-Wakil
54 &#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1608;&#1609; The Possessor of All Strength Al-Qawiyy
55 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1578;&#1610;&#1606; The Forceful One Al-Matin
56 &#1575;&#1604;&#1608;&#1604;&#1610; The Governor Al-Waliyy
57 &#1575;&#1604;&#1581;&#1605;&#1610;&#1583; The Praised One Al-Hamid
58 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1581;&#1589;&#1609; The Appraiser Al-Muhsi
59 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1576;&#1583;&#1574; The Originator Al-Mubdi'
60 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1593;&#1610;&#1583; The Restorer Al-Mu'id
61 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1581;&#1610;&#1610; The Giver of Life Al-Muhyi
62 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1605;&#1610;&#1578; The Taker of Life Al-Mumit
63 &#1575;&#1604;&#1581;&#1610; The Ever Living One Al-Hayy
64 &#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1610;&#1608;&#1605; The Self-Existing One Al-Qayyum
65 &#1575;&#1604;&#1608;&#1575;&#1580;&#1583; The Finder Al-Wajid
66 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1575;&#1580;&#1583; The Glorious Al-Majid
67 &#1575;&#1604;&#1608;&#1575;&#1581;&#1583; The One, the All Inclusive, The Indivisible Al-Wahid
68 &#1575;&#1604;&#1589;&#1605;&#1583; The Satisfier of All Needs As-Samad
69 &#1575;&#1604;&#1602;&#1575;&#1583;&#1585; The All Powerful Al-Qadir
70 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1602;&#1578;&#1583;&#1585; The Creator of All Power Al-Muqtadir
71 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1602;&#1583;&#1605; The Expediter Al-Muqaddim
72 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1572;&#1582;&#1585; The Delayer Al-Mu'akhkhir
73 &#1575;&#1604;&#1571;&#1608;&#1604; The First Al-Awwal
74 &#1575;&#1604;&#1570;&#1582;&#1585; The Last Al-Akhir
75 &#1575;&#1604;&#1592;&#1575;&#1607;&#1585; The Manifest One Az-Zahir
76 &#1575;&#1604;&#1576;&#1575;&#1591;&#1606; The Hidden One Al-Batin
77 &#1575;&#1604;&#1608;&#1575;&#1604;&#1610; The Protecting Friend Al-Wali
78 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1578;&#1593;&#1575;&#1604; The Supreme One Al-Muta'ali
79 &#1575;&#1604;&#1576;&#1585; The Doer of Good Al-Barr
80 &#1575;&#1604;&#1578;&#1608;&#1575;&#1576; The Guide to Repentance At-Tawwab
81 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1606;&#1578;&#1602;&#1605; The Avenger Al-Muntaqim
82 &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1601;&#1608; The Forgiver Al-'Afuww
83 &#1575;&#1604;&#1585;&#1572;&#1608;&#1601; The Clement Ar-Ra'uf
84 &#1605;&#1575;&#1604;&#1603; &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1604;&#1603; The Owner of All Malik-al-Mulk
85 &#1584;&#1608; &#1575;&#1604;&#1580;&#1604;&#1575;&#1604; &#1608; &#1575;&#1604;&#1573;&#1603;&#1585;&#1575;&#1605; The Lord of Majesty and Bounty Dhu-al-Jalal wa-al-Ikram
86 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1602;&#1587;&#1591; The Equitable One Al-Muqsit
87 &#1575;&#1604;&#1580;&#1575;&#1605;&#1593; The Gatherer Al-Jami'
88 &#1575;&#1604;&#1594;&#1606;&#1610; The Rich One Al-Ghani
89 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1594;&#1606;&#1610; The Enricher Al-Mughni
90 &#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1575;&#1606;&#1593; The Preventer of Harm Al-Mani'
91 &#1575;&#1604;&#1590;&#1575;&#1585; The Creator of The Harmful Ad-Darr
92 &#1575;&#1604;&#1606;&#1575;&#1601;&#1593; The Creator of Good An-Nafi'
93 &#1575;&#1604;&#1606;&#1608;&#1585; The Light An-Nur
94 &#1575;&#1604;&#1607;&#1575;&#1583;&#1610; The Guide Al-Hadi
95 &#1575;&#1604;&#1576;&#1583;&#1610;&#1593; The Originator Al-Badi
96 &#1575;&#1604;&#1576;&#1575;&#1602;&#1610; The Everlasting One Al-Baqi
97 &#1575;&#1604;&#1608;&#1575;&#1585;&#1579; The Inheritor of All Al-Warith
98 &#1575;&#1604;&#1585;&#1588;&#1610;&#1583; The Righteous Teacher Ar-Rashid
99 &#1575;&#1604;&#1589;&#1576;&#1608;&#1585; The Patient One As-Sabur

Sabour

In Muhammad's first encounter with God, God told him to read.

How could a true prophet of God refuse to do the first thing that God told him to do?

Or do I have something wrong about the story?

The encounter was with the angel Gabriel

He didn't refuse he said I don't know how for the first 3 times when he was told to read (recite).

The arabic word used is &#1573;&#1602;&#1585;&#1571;. It doesn't only mean read, it can also be "recite".

Here are the first verses that were revealed:
96:1-5
1-Recite in the name of your Lord who created -
2-Created man from a clinging substance.
3-Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous -
4-Who taught by the pen -
5-Taught man that which he knew not.

And from that time on, he recited what the angel spoke. And God gave him wisdom

AmbiguousGuy

Once a muslim scholar, called Abu Hanifah was going to have a talk with an atheist who was across the river. But Abu Hanifah came late. They told him ‘Oh Abu Hanifah, a messenger sent for you hours ago, and you arrive now, explain your lateness to us.’ He said “once the messenger delivered the message to me, I began to make my way to the River Tigris, and on reaching the river bank I realised there was no boat, in order to cross the river.” I was standing on the river bank looking for a navigator or a boat when something caught my attention in the middle of the river. I looked forward, and to my amazement I saw planks of wood rising to the surface from the sea bed. I was shocked, amazed, I couldn’t believe what I saw seeing. Ready made planks of wood were rising up to the surface and joining together. They were all the same width and length, I was astounded at what I saw. I continued to look into the middle of the river, and then I saw nails coming up from the sea floor. They positioned themselves onto the boat and held the planks together, without them being banged. I stood in amazement and thought to myself, ‘Oh Allah, how can this happen, planks of wood rising to the surface by itself, and then nails positioning themselves onto the boat without being banged?’ I could not understand what was happening before my eyes.’
At this moment, the athiest brust out laughing and remarked, ‘Oh Abu Hanifah, I heard that you were the best debator from amongst the Muslims, I heard that you were the wisest, the most knowledgable from amongst your people. From seeing you today, I can say that you show none of these qualities. You speak of a boat appearing from nowhere, without someone having built it. Nails positioning themselves without someone having banged them, sealant being poured without someone having poured it, and the boat taking you to your destination without a navigator against the tide, your taking childish, your talking rediculous, I swear I do not belive a word of it!’
Abu Hanifah Rahimullah turned to the athiest and replied, ‘You don’t believe a word of it? You dont believe that nails can appear by themselves? You dont believe sealant can be poured by itself? You dont believe that a boat can move without a navigator, hence you don’t believe that a boat can appear without a boat maker?’
The athiest remarked defiantly, ‘Yes I dont believe a word of it!’
Abu Hanifah Rahimullah replied, ‘If you cannot believe that a boat came into being without a boat maker, than this is only a boat, how can you believe that the whole world, the universe, the stars, the oceans, and the planets came into being without a creator?

It's a silly argument. Really.

AmbiguousGuy

The encounter was with the angel Gabriel

So Gabriel wasn't speaking for God?

He didn't refuse he said I don't know how for the first 3 times when he was told to read (recite).

The arabic word used is &#1573;&#1602;&#1585;&#1571;. It doesn't only mean read, it can also be "recite".

Yeah, words can mean all sorts of things. That's why a proper God would never send words down to humanity.

Sabour

ING - This is actually wrong. Is there more mass below mountain ranges? Yes. However what is being ignored is the FACT that the plates, which are below this level, and made up of the relatively light, rigid rock of the lithosphere actually ‘float’ on the asthenosphere! Mass below mountains does not stop this. The plates are always moving. Also, the Islamic claim is that this "Pegging" stops the earth shaking, - which is obviously wrong, as these areas where the plates push up, or slide under, are earthquake prone. I live on the Ring of Fire.

I didn't understand? Is it wrong ? or partly wrong?

Sabour

So Gabriel wasn't speaking for God?
Yes, but I didn't want anyone to understand what you said literally

Yeah, words can mean all sorts of things. That's why a proper God would never send words down to humanity.

What are your suggestions ?