• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I think there is one right religion

AmbiguousGuy

What are your suggestions ?

First: Never ever believe that some specific words have come directly from the mouth of God. That's usually the first step in a path to confusion which will draw us further and further away from God.

Second: Watch for God in every waking moment. You'll hear, see and smell Him in all sorts of places. Imagine that He really exists and try to figure out what He's trying to teach you by all your experiences in life.

Just my suggestions. You asked.

Sabour

First: Never ever believe that some specific words have come directly from the mouth of God. That's usually the first step in a path to confusion which will draw us further and further away from God.

Second: Watch for God in every waking moment. You'll hear, see and smell Him in all sorts of places. Imagine that He really exists and try to figure out what He's trying to teach you by all your experiences in life.

So you think that you live, than you die and that's it ?

Basically I cant have an answer when you don't have a question.Although I prefer to be somewhere else, I am answering everyone who is asking me. If you have a question for me give it directly. I am not playing hide and seek

I have shown that according to the Koran the course of the sun is around the earth.
The course is visible and a clear sign and it's completed at night.
Just what people thought back then, one of many myths contained in the Koran.
If you can refute my argument in post 202 do so.
If not I won't waste my time on this thread.

AmbiguousGuy

So you think that you live, than you die and that's it ?

I don't know. Whatever happens is what happens.

I can't do anything about it. If I embrace your God, I'll go to the Christian hell. If I embrace their God, I'll go to your hell.

Best thing is to just be honest -- to live honestly. God can't hate that.

Sabour

I have shown that according to the Koran the course of the sun is around the earth.
The course is visible and a clear sign and it's completed at night.
Just what people thought back then, one of many myths contained in the Koran.
If you can refute my argument in post 202 do so.
If not I won't waste my time on this thread.

You forgot one thing, to mention the verse !!!

Throwing the ball in my field !! wow awesome technique ! Genius

Sure your time is valuable. Maybe you want some input on this thread http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/160302-errors-quran.html

Anyways let me thank you. When I first came to this forum, the thread I referred to struck my eye. As the internet took seconds to open the thread, I was thinking may my religion be wrong? I mean the title was "ERRORS IN THE QURAN ". I was thinking how is that possible when it is the word of God?

Than it turned out to be the subject of big fish! Thank God I knew Arabic and I didn't fall for that.

Anyways I want to thank you for that thread. I liked your comment there "Many Christians take the Bible as being inspired by God, rather then take every word literally. Either way this thread concerns the Koran and the Koran only."

Since you are a Christian, I have a gift for you. Let me tell you about Jesus peace be upon him first miracle

From chapter 19 (Mary) verse 16-37

16 And mention, [O Muhammad], in the Book [the story of] Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place toward the east.

17 And she took, in seclusion from them, a screen. Then We sent to her Our Angel, and he represented himself to her as a well-proportioned man.

18 She said, "Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah ."

19 He said, "I am only the messenger of your Lord to give you [news of] a pure boy."

20 She said, "How can I have a boy while no man has touched me and I have not been unchaste?"

21 He said, "Thus [it will be]; your Lord says, 'It is easy for Me, and We will make him a sign to the people and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter [already] decreed.' "

22 So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a remote place.

23 And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm tree. She said, "Oh, I wish I had died before this and was in oblivion, forgotten."

24 But he called her from below her, "Do not grieve; your Lord has provided beneath you a stream.

25 And shake toward you the trunk of the palm tree; it will drop upon you ripe, fresh dates.

26 So eat and drink and be contented. And if you see from among humanity anyone, say, 'Indeed, I have vowed to the Most Merciful abstention, so I will not speak today to [any] man.' "

27 Then she brought him to her people, carrying him. They said, "O Mary, you have certainly done a thing unprecedented.

28 O sister of Aaron, your father was not a man of evil, nor was your mother unchaste."

29 So she pointed to him. They said, "How can we speak to one who is in the cradle a child?"

30 [Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.

31 And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive

32 And [made me] dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant.

33 And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."

34 That is Jesus, the son of Mary - the word of truth about which they are in dispute.

35 It is not [befitting] for Allah to take a son; exalted is He! When He decrees an affair, He only says to it, "Be," and it is.

36 [Jesus said], "And indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path."

37 Then the factions differed [concerning Jesus] from among them, so woe to those who disbelieved - from the scene of a tremendous Day.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

That's actually pretty good advice.

Sabour

I don't know. Whatever happens is what happens.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I can't do anything about it. If I embrace your God, I'll go to the Christian hell. If I embrace their God, I'll go to your hell.

But there is only one God, one hell, one heaven.

Can we discuss something in private massaging ? It won't be long I promise.

AmbiguousGuy

But there is only one God, one hell, one heaven.

Everyone has an opinion about that. So far, it seems to me that my opinion is the very best of all opinions: There is no hell, no heaven, and there are many gods.

You're welcome to try and convince me that your opinion about all of that is better than mine, though.

Can we discuss something in private massaging ? It won't be long I promise.

Thanks for the invitation, but I don't like to do private messaging.

You forgot one thing, to mention the verse !!!

Throwing the ball in my field !! wow awesome technique ! Genius

Sure your time is valuable. Maybe you want some input on this thread http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/160302-errors-quran.html

Anyways let me thank you. When I first came to this forum, the thread I referred to struck my eye. As the internet took seconds to open the thread, I was thinking may my religion be wrong? I mean the title was "ERRORS IN THE QURAN ". I was thinking how is that possible when it is the word of God?

Than it turned out to be the subject of big fish! Thank God I knew Arabic and I didn't fall for that.

Anyways I want to thank you for that thread. I liked your comment there "Many Christians take the Bible as being inspired by God, rather then take every word literally. Either way this thread concerns the Koran and the Koran only."

Since you are a Christian, I have a gift for you. Let me tell you about Jesus peace be upon him first miracle

From chapter 19 (Mary) verse 16-37

16 And mention, [O Muhammad], in the Book [the story of] Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place toward the east.

17 And she took, in seclusion from them, a screen. Then We sent to her Our Angel, and he represented himself to her as a well-proportioned man.

18 She said, "Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah ."

19 He said, "I am only the messenger of your Lord to give you [news of] a pure boy."

20 She said, "How can I have a boy while no man has touched me and I have not been unchaste?"

21 He said, "Thus [it will be]; your Lord says, 'It is easy for Me, and We will make him a sign to the people and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter [already] decreed.' "

22 So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a remote place.

23 And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm tree. She said, "Oh, I wish I had died before this and was in oblivion, forgotten."

24 But he called her from below her, "Do not grieve; your Lord has provided beneath you a stream.

25 And shake toward you the trunk of the palm tree; it will drop upon you ripe, fresh dates.

26 So eat and drink and be contented. And if you see from among humanity anyone, say, 'Indeed, I have vowed to the Most Merciful abstention, so I will not speak today to [any] man.' "

27 Then she brought him to her people, carrying him. They said, "O Mary, you have certainly done a thing unprecedented.

28 O sister of Aaron, your father was not a man of evil, nor was your mother unchaste."

29 So she pointed to him. They said, "How can we speak to one who is in the cradle a child?"

30 [Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.

31 And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive

32 And [made me] dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant.

33 And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."

34 That is Jesus, the son of Mary - the word of truth about which they are in dispute.

35 It is not [befitting] for Allah to take a son; exalted is He! When He decrees an affair, He only says to it, "Be," and it is.

36 [Jesus said], "And indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path."

37 Then the factions differed [concerning Jesus] from among them, so woe to those who disbelieved - from the scene of a tremendous Day.

What are you talking about man..lol!