• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I think there is one right religion

outhouse

Atheistically
I asked you first lol :D:D:D

My question was who put the laws of science, what connection that has to mythology? I didn't talk about prophets yet

My only point is, a god is not something that can be said to exist outside faith.

I see man as creating all gods, as they are the only ones who define such.

As far as prophets, do you have any evidence that is credible that shows they did anything at all? beyond writing?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Well my answer on this is that they do. This answer is derived from the fact that I believe in God who can't just send us to this world without an "instruction manual"

An instruction manual implies there's a certain way to how something should be. Why assume that there is a certain way we should be if there is multiple choice? Why does it matter if there is if there's nothing revealing for sure how we should be?

Sabour

My only point is, a god is not something that can be said to exist outside faith.

What about logical thinking ?

As far as prophets, do you have any evidence that is credible that shows they did anything at all? beyond writing?

Well for me yes. For I believe that God exists and sent them to show us the path we should take. That path is clear for me.

outhouse

Atheistically
What about logical thinking ?

That is what i am using combined with education and knowledge.

We have a long history of men creating deities. Like me you do not believe in the thousands created in the past.

Our only difference is I believe in one less then you out of thousands created.

MAYBE there is a reason who you have no evdience at all any god exist.

Sabour

There is no logical need to posit a "who".

Order just can't come by chance. It require intelligence.

If positions for pieces of rocks are changing in a certain pattern, this means that someone is taking the time to move them. It is not because wind drove them that way for that pattern requires intelligence.

Sabour

An instruction manual implies there's a certain way to how something should be. Why assume that there is a certain way we should be if there is multiple choice? Why does it matter if there is if there's nothing revealing for sure how we should be?

By multiple choice you are referring to the different scriptures ?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

That's an unwarranted assumption. You should look into the physics of biology if you want to find out how order can come about through chance combinations of matter and energy.

Sabour

Then substitute the concept of "randomness" as used in physics for "chance" in my statement.

What we normally call “random” is not truly random, but only appears so. The randomness is a reflection of our ignorance about the thing being observed, rather than something inherent to it.

For example: If you know everything about a craps table, and everything about the dice being thrown, and everything about the air around the table, then you will be able to predict the outcome.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you

If positions for pieces of rocks are changing in a certain pattern, this means that someone is taking the time to move them. It is not because wind drove them that way for that pattern requires intelligence.

Order doesn't really exist in nature. We see it because we want to. There is no orderly thing that does not have chaos, nor is there any chaotic thing that has no order. Every single object, idea and concept is both orderly and chaotic. We can say, "This is more orderly than that..." or, "This is more chaotic than that..." but we can never say, "This is orderly, and not chaotic." Because that never happens.

Order comes from intelligence only because that's the only place it exists to begin with.

Sabour

Order doesn't really exist in nature. We see it because we want to. There is no orderly thing that does not have chaos, nor is there any chaotic thing that has no order. Every single object, idea and concept is both orderly and chaotic. We can say, "This is more orderly than that..." or, "This is more chaotic than that..." but we can never say, "This is orderly, and not chaotic." Because that never happens.

Order comes from intelligence only because that's the only place it exists to begin with.

Am not sure I got the massage. Can you explain by examples ?

I thought my English was good :help::help::help:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Am not sure I got the massage. Can you explain by examples ?

I thought my English was good :help::help::help:
It is good. Language is a barrier that doesn't lend itself for easy communication, regardless of skill.

By the way, it's "message", not "massage." I'd like a massage right now, but that's another topic...