• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I think there is one right religion

AmbiguousGuy

Where did you get this idea from: sometimes they were letting their own egos speak to us, rather than always delivering us God's Own Truth

God told me. He says that no man can know more about God than I know.

Since I am sometimes fallible about God, it means that all other prophets are sometimes fallible about God.

Sabour

God told me. He says that no man can know more about God than I know.

Since I am sometimes fallible about God, it means that all other prophets are sometimes fallible about God.

You were selective in answering some questions before. But not that much :shrug:

Sabour

IS anyone in the forums in contact with Monk of Reason ? I didn't hear from him for a while ?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Where did you get this idea from: sometimes they were letting their own egos speak to us, rather than always delivering us God's Own Truth

Sometimes Jesus spoke as the Son of Man. As a human being like the rest of us. Sometimes he spoke as the Son of God. The Word made Flesh. Jesus refers to both. He was differentiating something there.

There's no reason to think Prophets are infallible. They can provide guidance but not necessarily authority. Only God has authority. I'm sure Prophets mean well but they should lead you towards God, not replace God.

Sabour

Sometimes Jesus spoke as the Son of Man. As a human being like the rest of us. Sometimes he spoke as the Son of God. The Word made Flesh. Jesus refers to both. He was differentiating something there.

First of all the bible is not the Injil that was revealed to prophet Jesus peace be upon him.
Second, Jesus only claims divinity when you take the "men written" bible out of context. Even though they wrote it, still they can't make Jesus peace be upon him claim that he is "SON" of God, or god.

There's no reason to think Prophets are infallible. They can provide guidance but not necessarily authority. Only God has authority. I'm sure Prophets mean well but they should lead you towards God, not replace God.
No where I said that prophets replace God.

33:40 Muhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing.

5:116 And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

Sabour

Which is a modern translation, - and atom - is not the word, or meaning, used in the text.

Yeah than feel free to refer to the Arabic language, it isn't changed since 1400 years. I knew you will say that anyways. And I think I know your next response. SO try to surprise me

AmbiguousGuy

Yeah than feel free to refer to the Arabic language, it isn't changed since 1400 years. I knew you will say that anyways. And I think I know your next response. SO try to surprise me

If Arabic hasn't changed in 1400 years, it's no wonder that the Muslim world is falling behind.

When you want to talk about computer 'software', which 1400-year-old word do you use?

Sabour

I didn't realize that I skipped a question. Ask it again and I'll answer.

Oopss sorry my mistake.... I wrote too much I thought I asked you other questions... Well never mind.

I don't know where to start with questions. Sometimes I feel like you are blocking me .... sometimes I feel the opposite way...

I think too much eh ?

and Do you know "monk of reason" or in contact with him or anything ?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
First of all the bible is not the Injil that was revealed to prophet Jesus peace be upon him.
Second, Jesus only claims divinity when you take the "men written" bible out of context. Even though they wrote it, still they can't make Jesus peace be upon him claim that he is "SON" of God, or god.

Son of God is not the same as God. Jesus sometimes spoke spiritually as God's Son.

No where I said that prophets replace God.
Didn't say you did, just saying you have to differentiate.

33:40 Muhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing.
I don't know how Islam approaches this... God is unknowable to man. Really incomprehensible to man. However we can know the Son. The Son is internal to us. The Son can know the Father but we have to make that connection to the Son. Prophets sometime can connect to he Son and provide guidance. However it is not a certain secure connection. Prophet have temporary achieve a very strong connection to the Son. Sometimes Jesus spoke as the Son through this very strong internal connection.

Obviously you believe the Bible has been altered. Actually probably not that much. Some argue the Quran has been altered. Not really my intent to argue either case. However the only certainty you can really have is to make this strong internal connection.

5:116 And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.
So what do you think? Is this almost saying what I said?

Sabour

Son of God is not the same as God. Jesus sometimes spoke spiritually as God's Son.

Adam was referred to the son of God too. As a matter of fact there are sons of God in the tons. However some added the phrase " the only begotten son"

I don't know how Islam approaches this... God is unknowable to man. Really incomprehensible to man. However we can know the Son. The Son is internal to us. The Son can know the Father but we have to make that connection to the Son. Prophets sometime can connect to he Son and provide guidance. However it is not a certain secure connection. Prophet have temporary achieve a very strong connection to the Son. Sometimes Jesus spoke as the Son through this very strong internal connection.

In Islam, we say that God had told us about him what we need to know. We know nothing about him except what he tells us about. So when saying to the son... What do you exactly mean by it ?

All the messengers had revelations and inspirations from God.

Obviously you believe the Bible has been altered. Actually probably not that much. Some argue the Quran has been altered. Not really my intent to argue either case. However the only certainty you can really have is to make this strong internal connection.

I love the prophet Jesus peace be upon him more than I love my self. Same as for the other prophets. As a matter of fact anyone who doesn't believe in one of the prophets, including Jesus peace be upon him is not a muslim.

So what do you think? Is this almost saying what I said?

Depends on what you meant by "son"
Let me say that this verse from the Quraan explains something in the bible:
Mathew 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

The verse in the Quraan I referred to explains the reason.

I just want to ask you about this. In Islam, the Quraan says that in every scripture, the name of the next messenger is mentioned so that you would follow him. In that sense, we believe that John 16:6-20

6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.[a]

Sorrow Will Turn to Joy

16 “A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father.”

17 Then some of His disciples said among themselves, “What is this that He says to us, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me’; and, ‘because I go to the Father’?” 18 They said therefore, “What is this that He says, ‘A little while’? We do not know what He is saying.”

19 Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, “Are you inquiring among yourselves about what I said, ‘A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me’? 20 Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy.

AmbiguousGuy

Yeah but I think there are limits to thinking that you must not cross

Absolutely no limits to my thinking... other than the power of my brain, I mean.

Tell me the thoughts which you believe we must not think.

That Muhammad might not really be a prophet? That the Quran might not really be a holy book?

Sabour

Absolutely no limits to my thinking... other than the power of my brain, I mean.

Tell me the thoughts which you believe we must not think.

That Muhammad might not really be a prophet? That the Quran might not really be a holy book?

LOL NO !! I thought of that don't worry :D:D

These thoughts are like who created God, what does he looks like .... These are off limits for me, and any muslim (ideally)

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Nope. You are setting your own timeline. The timeline of the order is not a day.

A solstice is an astronomical event that occurs twice each year as the Sun reaches its highest or lowest excursion relative to the celestial equator on the celestial sphere. The solstices, together with the equinoxes, are connected with the seasons. In many cultures the solstices mark either the beginning or the midpoint of winter and summer.

Again you are setting your own rules.

30:48 It is Allah who sends the winds, and they stir the clouds and spread them in the sky however He wills, and He makes them fragments so you see the rain emerge from within them. And when He causes it to fall upon whom He wills of His servants, immediately they rejoice

FIRST STAGE: "It is Allah Who sends the winds..."

Countless air bubbles formed by the foaming of the oceans continuously burst and cause water particles to be ejected towards the sky. These particles, which are rich in salt, are then carried away by winds and rise upward in the atmosphere. These particles, which are called aerosols, function as water traps, and form cloud drops by collecting around the water vapour themselves, which rises from the seas as tiny droplets.

SECOND STAGE: ".... which stir up clouds which He spreads about the sky however He wills. He forms them into dark clumps..."

The clouds are formed from water vapour that condenses around the salt crystals or dust particles in the air. Because the water droplets in these clouds are very small (with a diameter between 0.01 and 0.02 mm), the clouds are suspended in the air, and spread across the sky. Thus, the sky is covered in clouds.

The above illustration shows the water droplets being released into the air. This is the first stage in the formation of rain. After that, the water droplets in the newly formed clouds will be suspended in the air and then condense to form rain. All of these stages are related in the Qur'an.

THIRD STAGE: "…and you see the rain come pouring out from the middle of them"

The water particles that surround salt crystals and dust particles thicken and form raindrops, so, drops that become heavier than the air leave the clouds and start to fall to the ground as rain.

As already discussed, every stage in the formation of rain is related in the verses of the Qur'an. Furthermore, these stages are explained in exactly the right sequence. Just as with many other natural phenomena on the Earth, Allah gave the most correct explanation of this phenomenon, and made it known in the Qur'an centuries before it was discovered.
In another verse, the following information is given about the formation of rain:

Have you not seen how Allah drives along the clouds, then joins them together, then makes them into a stack, and then you see the rain come out of it? And He sends down from the sky mountain masses [of clouds] with cold hail in them, striking with it anyone He wills and averting it from anyone He wills. The brightness of His lightning almost blinds the sight. (Qur'an, 24:43)

Scientists studying cloud types came across surprising results with regards to the formation of rain clouds. Rain clouds are formed and shaped according to definite systems and stages. The stages of formation of one kind of rain cloud, cumulonimbus, are these:
1. STAGE, Being driven along: Clouds are carried along, that is, they are driven along, by the wind.

(A) Isolated small pieces of clouds (cumulonimbus clouds)
(B) When the small clouds join together, updrafts within the larger cloud increase. As a result, the cloud is stacked up.
2. STAGE, Joining: Then, small clouds (cumulonimbus clouds) driven along by the wind join together, forming a larger cloud.55

3. STAGE, Stacking: When the small clouds join together, updrafts within the larger cloud increase. The updrafts near the centre of the cloud are stronger than those near the edges. These updrafts cause the cloud body to grow vertically, so the cloud is stacked up. This vertical growth causes the cloud body to stretch into cooler regions of the atmosphere, where drops of water and hail formulate and begin to grow larger and larger. When these drops of water and hail become too heavy for the updrafts to support them, they begin to fall from the cloud as rain, hail, etc.56

You very obviously have no understanding of my point at all. Whether that's due to a language barrier or not, I can't say. But you haven't addressed my point AT ALL with this response. This leads me to believe you have no idea what my point is. Not wasting time with you anymore.

AmbiguousGuy

You were selective in answering some questions before. But not that much :shrug:

Speaking of that, you didn't answer my question about the Arabic word for 'software.'

If Arabic hasn't changed in 1400 years, how can you talk about computers and such?

What are the words for 'personal computer' and 'software' in Arabic?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Speaking of that, you didn't answer my question about the Arabic word for 'software.'

If Arabic hasn't changed in 1400 years, how can you talk about computers and such?

What are the words for 'personal computer' and 'software' in Arabic?

He doesn't seem to understand the changes languages go through over hundreds of years, - or, he is just playing it that way! :)

People should go back and look at some of the first copies of the Bible - in English - LOL!

They will have a hard time reading and understanding the text.