• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I think there is one right religion

Sabour

Also you mentioned muslim will not goto heaven just because they are muslim. True. But will a good atheist, Hindu, Christian, or a Jew who do not believe in Mohammad being a prophet even after hearing about islam go to hell? Also, is it true that muslim will eventually goto heaven after doing their time in hell but the non-believers will remain in hell for eternity ?

I am not a sheikh I can't answer that. But being good to other people is not everything. You have duties towards God. One thing I can assure you is that if someone didn't hear about Islam, or the massage of Islam didn't reach him correctly, or his misunderstanding wasn't corrected by anyone, than for sure he won't go to hell because of that. This subjected is more complicated than that. But for sure Allah doesn't do unjust for anyone, even for a smaller size of an atom.

About Muslims going to heaven after spending some time. As I remember from what I heard is that any muslim who used to say " There is no God except for Allah" and he didn't associate any partners will go to heaven after a while. Remember Muslim is not just a label. It is in the heart.

I can see if I can get anymore details about the subject if you're interested.

17:15 Whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] his soul. And whoever errs only errs against it. And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. And never would We punish until We sent a messenger.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
That's true. And only my religion does that.

Is this apparent anywhere in the world?,Lebanon is a good starting point but we could highlight any of the following: Egypt Iran Iraq Saudi Arabia Yemen Syria Indonesia Pakistan Palestine,seems to me many Muslims used their own logic and came to Europe,i wonder why?.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Remember Muslim is not just a label. It is in the heart.
17:15 Whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] his soul. And whoever errs only errs against it. And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. And never would We punish until We sent a messenger.

So give what has been given to you that is best. You can offer your heart. That is what Allah would ask of you anyway. Stop trying to convince the mind. Convince the heart. You will please Allah and yourself.

Sabour

So give what has been given to you that is best. You can offer your heart. That is what Allah would ask of you anyway. Stop trying to convince the mind. Convince the heart. You will please Allah and yourself.

Sorry I didn't follow?

Do you mean I should stop discussing? Or you meant I should just have faith ?

Sabour

Is this apparent anywhere in the world?,Lebanon is a good starting point but we could highlight any of the following: Egypt Iran Iraq Saudi Arabia Yemen Syria Indonesia Pakistan Palestine,seems to me many Muslims used their own logic and came to Europe,i wonder why?.

I am aware that I said the same sentence. But I don't think you are aware what I meant by it. Your comment has no relation to the statement in anyway.

cocokorina

I am not a sheikh I can't answer that. But being good to other people is not everything. You have duties towards God. One thing I can assure you is that if someone didn't hear about Islam, or the massage of Islam didn't reach him correctly, or his misunderstanding wasn't corrected by anyone, than for sure he won't go to hell because of that. This subjected is more complicated than that. But for sure Allah doesn't do unjust for anyone, even for a smaller size of an atom.

About Muslims going to heaven after spending some time. As I remember from what I heard is that any muslim who used to say " There is no God except for Allah" and he didn't associate any partners will go to heaven after a while. Remember Muslim is not just a label. It is in the heart.

I can see if I can get anymore details about the subject if you're interested.

What if someone is born in a polytheist family. He was told about islam but he chooses to believe in what his parents taught him. That person will goto hell? What if someone was muslim but became Hindu or Christian, will they goto hell for leaving islam ? This is what makes no sense. Why does not believing in God and prophet justify eternal hell. I believe in god but I no longer believe in islam and Mohammad being prophet. Will I goto hell?

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Sorry I didn't follow?

Do you mean I should stop discussing? Or you meant I should just have faith ?

I'm saying that Allah has put into your heart a burning desire to share your love of Him with others. Share the love. Discuss what you will, but know that nothing that appeals to the mind is ever so much compelling as that which appeals to the heart. Our minds change from moment to moment, and we can never be sure of our opinions. But our hearts are steadfast when we are satisfied. The unsatisfied heart is open to Allah. Satisfy people's hearts. Do you think the Prophet made arguments? He told people what was already there in their hearts. Give us reason to believe that will make us glad. You have the ability. You argue well, but I think you lack conviction. Find your conviction is in your heart. Make it so.

Sabour

What if someone is born in a polytheist family. He was told about islam but he chooses to believe in what his parents taught him.

Depends on many factors.

1- There is a duty towards God. Was he ready to think and reflect? If not, was that because he didn't want to listen, or because the Islam talker did it in a bad way? ( I think that all polytheist have thought whether what they are doing is right. But are they willing to consider it, that is the question.

2- When he was told about Islam, was it presented correctly? Was he convinced and said no I am going to live my life the way I want. I don't want to be that committed.

What if someone was muslim but became Hindu or Christian, will they goto hell for leaving islam ?

That is a hard one too. Again I am in no position to judge. But some things are apparent. Like if he is doing it just for fun than yes. Remember that this is based on that Islam is the right religion.

Leaving a religion for the other must be based on the right reasons. We are in the worst days now. There are many chaos in the world and you don't know who is true and who is not. Everyone is attacking everyone.

But for example if someone want to switch from religion to another.
First, what are the reasons you are leaving the religion. Are you sure about them? Did you listen to both points of views or just one? Does the religion you are going to have the answers to the problems? If yes, religion should be perfect, is it perfect.

Personally If I were to change my religion, there are some established facts in my head.
Like God is just, wise, and all knowing. God doesn't send us to this world without a purpose. Islam explains to me that purpose that I should worship God so that God helps me in following is commandments so that I go to heaven.

Does it makes sense? Yes. Look at people, all things and the hard works they do, does it go with them? NO. There is a purpose.

People doing the good deeds and who are going to heaven are very happy that they came into this life. They are happy to have problems in their lives because the more patient they are the more they are rewarded in heaven. So life for them isn't bad after all. One judging from the outside may say look at their miserable life. They enjoy nothing. I assure you that those people are happy 100000 times more than any other person in the world because they have acquired peace.

Personally, I don't think that all people will go to heaven, because God is just. One can't dismiss all his desires in order to go to heaven in the time where everyone is going there.

This is what makes no sense. Why does not believing in God and prophet justify eternal hell. I believe in god but I no longer believe in islam and Mohammad being prophet. Will I goto hell?

It is not just about believing in the prophet. When you say you are believing in the prophet, as if you are saying that you accept the Quraan as the word of God. And you accept all the prophets who came with the massage of Islam. And I do mean all the prophets including the prophet Jesus peace be upon him.

Islam is not a "religion" in the way we understand. It is a way of life. The way of life that God has sent down to mankind through the Quraan (in our age) and all the prophets. Islam provides to you with an explanation about all what you need to know in this life. It tells you what there is after life. It tells you how to live, how to treat others, how to love people, not being racist. It answers every question you have. It tells you how to reach heaven.

About your last question I can't answer you. No one can tell who goes to heaven who not. I am not in your mind I don't know your reasons. But one thing I can tell you that you will be accountable for all your actions and the reasons which drive it.

Anyways do you want us to discuss the reasons you no longer believe in Islam ?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I am aware that I said the same sentence. But I don't think you are aware what I meant by it. Your comment has no relation to the statement in anyway.

Logic springs to mind,i asked a simple question but I'm happy to retry to include all religions who proclaim to be the "right religion",is there anywhere in the world where any religion displays the result of the logically answered questions of your or their holy books in a logical way that doesn't infringe on others in a negative way.

Sabour

I'm saying that Allah has put into your heart a burning desire to share your love of Him with others. Share the love. Discuss what you will, but know that nothing that appeals to the mind is ever so much compelling as that which appeals to the heart. Our minds change from moment to moment, and we can never be sure of our opinions. But our hearts are steadfast when we are satisfied. The unsatisfied heart is open to Allah. Satisfy people's hearts. Do you think the Prophet made arguments? He told people what was already there in their hearts. Give us reason to believe that will make us glad. You have the ability. You argue well, but I think you lack conviction. Find your conviction is in your heart. Make it so.

Do you know that this advice was the BEST EVER advice I have been given by everyone.

You have filled my heart with joy! I swear I have never been more happy by such a comment !!

You're absolutely right. I guess the reason I followed the mind approach is because most of the members are atheists.

Thank you very much :bow::bow::bow:

Sabour

Logic springs to mind,i asked a simple question but I'm happy to retry to include all religions who proclaim to be the "right religion",is there anywhere in the world where any religion displays the result of the logically answered questions of your or their holy books in a logical way that doesn't infringe on others in a negative way.

Well I am not sure that I understood the question the proper way. But let me try to answer. If this was not what you are looking for please tell me.

All answers I give are from Islam and derived from the Quraan and interpretations from well known scholars or sheikh. However I don't always mention what is my reference.

To answer your question it all depends on the word infringe.

There is hell and there is heaven. So God is just and he also tells us in the Quraan everything we need to know. Anyways let me get down to verses I think they would tell you better.

16:125 Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.

60:8 Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

3:75 And among the People of the Scripture is he who, if you entrust him with a great amount [of wealth], he will return it to you. And among them is he who, if you entrust him with a [single] silver coin, he will not return it to you unless you are constantly standing over him [demanding it]. That is because they say, "There is no blame upon us concerning the unlearned." And they speak untruth about Allah while they know [it].

Let me know if that is not what needed.

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
Do you know that this advice was the BEST EVER advice I have been given by everyone.

You have filled my heart with joy! I swear I have never been more happy by such a comment !!

You're absolutely right. I guess the reason I followed the mind approach is because most of the members are atheists.

Thank you very much :bow::bow::bow:

I am a fool, and know nothing. Give glory to Allah.

Sabour

I am a fool, and know nothing. Give glory to Allah.

Lol,, This was a alight inclination that showed respect :D,,,

I think you know things well. Anyways it is not about what you know, it is about what you do with it :run:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Well I am not sure that I understood the question the proper way. But let me try to answer. If this was not what you are looking for please tell me.

All answers I give are from Islam and derived from the Quraan and interpretations from well known scholars or sheikh. However I don't always mention what is my reference.

To answer your question it all depends on the word infringe.

There is hell and there is heaven. So God is just and he also tells us in the Quraan everything we need to know. Anyways let me get down to verses I think they would tell you better.

16:125 Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.

60:8 Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

3:75 And among the People of the Scripture is he who, if you entrust him with a great amount [of wealth], he will return it to you. And among them is he who, if you entrust him with a [single] silver coin, he will not return it to you unless you are constantly standing over him [demanding it]. That is because they say, "There is no blame upon us concerning the unlearned." And they speak untruth about Allah while they know [it].

Let me know if that is not what needed.

I don't need anything other than an answer to my question,i doubt it will be forthcoming any time soon.

Sabour

:sorry1: Sorry but I didn't understand the question. This is because of my Enlglish. can you ask me again in simpler english :D ?

Okay man sorry now I got back to the comment you wrote by mistake to ambiguous guy and saw the original question.

Anyways I think that Islam and Quraan would answer all the questions you need an answer to, "logically" and not by faith only.

cocokorina

Depends on many factors.

1- There is a duty towards God. Was he ready to think and reflect? If not, was that because he didn't want to listen, or because the Islam talker did it in a bad way? ( I think that all polytheist have thought whether what they are doing is right. But are they willing to consider it, that is the question.

2- When he was told about Islam, was it presented correctly? Was he convinced and said no I am going to live my life the way I want. I don't want to be that committed.
yes he was presented islam correctly. he was told ther is only one god.
polytheist didn't convert to islam because he was fine worshipping other gods that he was taught by his parents. he didnt see the reason to convert and worship Allah when hes at peace with this religion.
That is a hard one too. Again I am in no position to judge. But some things are apparent. Like if he is doing it just for fun than yes. Remember that this is based on that Islam is the right religion.
you're in no position to judge yet the quran clearly says those who donot believe in Allah, will be in hell for eternity.

People doing the good deeds and who are going to heaven are very happy that they came into this life. They are happy to have problems in their lives because the more patient they are the more they are rewarded in heaven. So life for them isn't bad after all. One judging from the outside may say look at their miserable life. They enjoy nothing. I assure you that those people are happy 100000 times more than any other person in the world because they have acquired peace.
thats your belief. some religion don't have hell or heaven.

Personally, I don't think that all people will go to heaven, because God is just. One can't dismiss all his desires in order to go to heaven in the time where everyone is going there.
if God is just, why is there an ETERNAL hell. even the most evil humans dont deserve eternal torment. Atheist or those who donot believe in God are also to be in Hell for eternity. it doesn't seem like justice to me but more like vengence. and God cannot be vengeful.

It is not just about believing in the prophet. When you say you are believing in the prophet, as if you are saying that you accept the Quraan as the word of God. And you accept all the prophets who came with the massage of Islam. And I do mean all the prophets including the prophet Jesus peace be upon him.
i have no reason to believe any of them were prophets. as far as i know, ahmadi muslims say Mirza Ghulam Ahmed was their promised messiah. but sunni muslims donot accept it. so you see, one man can say he was the prophet or messiah and others can reject it. you think jesus was a prophet, christians view him as fully God and fully Man. Mormons view Joseph Smith as a prophet. so you see, whos to say what you know is correct and what others say is false?

Islam is not a "religion" in the way we understand. It is a way of life. The way of life that God has sent down to mankind through the Quraan (in our age) and all the prophets. Islam provides to you with an explanation about all what you need to know in this life. It tells you what there is after life. It tells you how to live, how to treat others, how to love people, not being racist. It answers every question you have. It tells you how to reach heaven.
islam may not be racist, but certain is sexist. treats women very unfairly. the way of life prescribed according to islam may not suit everyone.

Anyways do you want us to discuss the reasons you no longer believe in Islam ?
yes i had many reasons to leave islam. the first time i was put off by islam was when i read Surah Nisa. i cannot accept a sexist religion.

Sabour

yes he was presented islam correctly. he was told ther is only one god.
polytheist didn't convert to islam because he was fine worshipping other gods that he was taught by his parents. he didnt see the reason to convert and worship Allah when hes at peace with this religion.
you're in no position to judge yet the quran clearly says those who donot believe in Allah, will be in hell for eternity.

By presenting Islam correctly I didn't mean told there is one God. I mean that he was convinced that is the true religion. Okay so Islam says there is one God? Christians sometimes do it too. Why Islam. If the person is 100000 % sure that everything in Islam is right, and he is wrong. Than it is said that yes.

And the Quraan clearly says through the verse I told you that nobody would suffer unless a messenger told them. I would like you to quote me the verse you talked about please.

thats your belief. some religion don't have hell or heaven.
Exactly, this is my belief, this is Islam. When I said that someone tells you about the massage of Islam and you understand it, I also meant that you come to believe that there is heaven and hell. Because this is part of Islam.
If you weren't convince, this is a different matter.

if God is just, why is there an ETERNAL hell. even the most evil humans dont deserve eternal torment. Atheist or those who donot believe in God are also to be in Hell for eternity. it doesn't seem like justice to me but more like vengence. and God cannot be vengeful.

Presenting my argument, that if someone is convinced about Islam being the absolute truth, but chose to remain atheist because he was already enjoying his life what he deserves? I think that is for God to decide. In that sense you are talking in, Many people would be disappointed because that also means they don't deserve eternal heaven.

And remember that you quoted saying that people will be saved from hell after a time and I told you those would be whoever said "There is no God except Allah" and had faith as the size of a small atom.

Weirdly for me, I think that confirms your idea. I didn't think about it that way before.

i have no reason to believe any of them were prophets. as far as i know, ahmadi muslims say Mirza Ghulam Ahmed was their promised messiah. but sunni muslims donot accept it. so you see, one man can say he was the prophet or messiah and others can reject it. you think jesus was a prophet, christians view him as fully God and fully Man. Mormons view Joseph Smith as a prophet. so you see, whos to say what you know is correct and what others say is false?

If the point was convincing all people, than God could have made us already knowing everything since we are born. All people are under test in this life. Some are looking forward to go to heaven.

islam may not be racist, but certain is sexist. treats women very unfairly. the way of life prescribed according to islam may not suit everyone.

yes i had many reasons to leave islam. the first time i was put off by islam was when i read Surah Nisa. i cannot accept a sexist religion.

Can you emphasize on this a little, What did you mean by sexist religion? and what are the verses?