• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is homosexuality a sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Everyone is made sinful. I don't know what beliefs you have, but almost everything I read from you is directly contradictory to what the Bible actually says.

I thought that Genesis portrayed God as looking at creation and proclaiming it "good." No. We made ourselves sinful. Sorry. Not contra-Biblical.:cool:

kmkemp

We were not made perfect by God. Adam, Eve and the rest of creation were made "good". How does that apply to me, you, and the rest of us average Joes?

gnomon

Everyone is made sinful. I don't know what beliefs you have, but almost everything I read from you is directly contradictory to what the Bible actually says.

There are two creation stories in the Bible. In neither do I find any support that God made man sinful.

sojourner

We were not made perfect by God. Adam, Eve and the rest of creation were made "good". How does that apply to me, you, and the rest of us average Joes?

But we are all perfectly made. How does that apply to us? Because we're all made good. Then we sin. It's our decision.

sojourner

It's not really correct to say that there are two creation stories.

Yes it is. Gen I is from the Elohist source (if you buy that) and refers to God in one certain way. God has a certain personality and the story has a particular construction. Gen. 2 is from the yahwist source and refers to God in another certain way. God has another certain personality (more anthropomorphic) and the story has a different particular construction. By all accounts, that represents two creation stories.

kmkemp

No, there are two creation accounts. Two stories implies that they are describing different events or contradict one another.

sojourner

No, there are two creation accounts. Two stories implies that they are describing different events or contradict one another.

I read them and there are different plots with different constructs. Hence, two stories. "Different story" in no way implies that the events contradict each other.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
But one day, if only we can have the faith, one day God will make all wrong, right, and no one will have to suffer anymore.
I'll pass, and continue living my sinful life.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
I've read the Bible, and I know what it says. I reject it, and I care nothing for it's words or characters.

I do not see why people have to be rude and intolerant towards homosexuals. Even if the Bible condemns it, that doesn't mean you have to make there lives difficult.

kmkemp

In what ways has anyone here made the lives of any homosexuals more difficult? For that matter, in what way has the Bible taught that we should?

wow, im amazed how every issue on these forums come down to evolution. and it foulish because it isnt even a correct veiw of evolution. evolution doesnt change acoording to its circumstance for i.e. like a post on here that states homosexuality is an evolutionary process that balances out the human race due to mal-nourishment. thats not what evolution is. evolution is when a bird's beak mutates causing it to more efficiently able to eat making more time for reproduction causing more of the same beak. the bird didnt evolve because it needed to survive. it survived because it happened to evolve. stop believing everything youve heard. dont listen to false pretenses and lies. thats ignorance. your ignorant.

I do not see why people have to be rude and intolerant towards homosexuals. Even if the Bible condemns it, that doesn't mean you have to make there lives difficult.[/QUOTE]

completely true, dont let the actions of many people that think they know affect your decisions in life. dont be a victim of circumstance. the bible says love the sinner. hate the sin. unfortunately, so called christians today do not know there bible or completely understand it and falsely believe pretenses or lies theyve been taught. or believe something out of fear and not out of love.

gnomon

In what ways has anyone here made the lives of any homosexuals more difficult? For that matter, in what way has the Bible taught that we should?

Leviticus 20:13. No matter how it is interpreted by modern Jews and Christians, the passage is quite clear as to what the Bible states about Homosexuals. Put them to death.

An outsider can only question that if modern Christians feel they can reject so many tenets laid out in Leviticus, which includes putting people to death for a number of things or declaring some other activities to be punished with infertility (biologicaly false these days) why is it that so many retain that homosexuality is a sin when it is taken from the same book of other iniquities they ignore and state no longer applies since Jesus.:shrug:

I've long believed that bias towards homosexuality has become an ingrained cultural belief beyond religion. I've known far too many people who did not like homosexuals but were not religious in any sense. I think archaic Biblical passages are used in a case of confirmation bias.

kmkemp

Leviticus 20:13. No matter how it is interpreted by modern Jews and Christians, the passage is quite clear as to what the Bible states about Homosexuals. Put them to death.

An outsider can only question that if modern Christians feel they can reject so many tenets laid out in Leviticus, which includes putting people to death for a number of things or declaring some other activities to be punished with infertility (biologicaly false these days) why is it that so many retain that homosexuality is a sin when it is taken from the same book of other iniquities they ignore and state no longer applies since Jesus.:shrug:

I've long believed that bias towards homosexuality has become an ingrained cultural belief beyond religion. I've known far too many people who did not like homosexuals but were not religious in any sense. I think archaic Biblical passages are used in a case of confirmation bias.

The Leviticus reference can only be used with confidence because homosexuality being a sin is also confirmed in the NT at the completion of the law. I think it's better, to avoid confusion, if we just use the NT references, but the OT references are equally valid since they are confirmed by the NT law. Again, the punishments from Leviticus were for the Jews in the BC era. They were not universal laws for all people at all times. Context, context.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I do not see why people have to be rude and intolerant towards homosexuals. Even if the Bible condemns it, that doesn't mean you have to make there lives difficult.

I don't see why threads like these are necessary. As a Christian, I sympathise with the plight of the Gay person. I see no need in bringing up issues that are this polarised. I personally do not have a problem with the Gay community. I have no problem with spending time with Gay people. I took a Gay person skiing on my boat with a group of people this Saturday and bought him lunch.

What I have a problem with is threads that are started wanting to challenge what the bible says about the Gay lifestyle. I think the Bible is pretty clear about this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.