• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is homosexuality a sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Please provide this evidence that so many animals have gay sex.
Since you seemed to have missed it the first two times, I will quote post #173 of this thread for you:

The same list also appears in post #183 of this thread.

And now in post #262

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Because homosexuality is mealy "faulty wiring" in the brain.It doesn't require a big brain to be "wired " up wrong.

"Faulty?" In what way? Some are wired one way, some are sired another. I like blondes. Does that mean everyone who likes brunettes is wired "wrong?" In what way is it reasonable to label some human beings as "faulty?"

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
If we're arguing Biblically, why is only male homosexuality a concern? Is lesbianism OK? Or could it be that the Biblical writers were far more concerned that males act with honor and not shame? In other words, a cultural concerna dn not a moral concern?

MBones

Of course everyone missed the topic here. What is the problem with gays? No problem, in the scientific realm, but in the religious realm yes. Most are uneducated, and ignorant of the subject.... and that is what makes them scared. Ignorance is the fall of this society....

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Of course everyone missed the topic here. What is the problem with gays? No problem, in the scientific realm, but in the religious realm yes. Most are uneducated, and ignorant of the subject.... and that is what makes them scared. Ignorance is the fall of this society....

No the topic was why is Homosexuality a sin, not what is wrong with gays. And I think we have all said what we think here. And then some.

rasor

"Faulty?" In what way? Some are wired one way, some are sired another. I like blondes. Does that mean everyone who likes brunettes is wired "wrong?" In what way is it reasonable to label some human beings as "faulty?"

In the way that evolution produced/designed sex for procreation of the species.Everything else regarding sex is subordinate to this goal.Homosexuality doesn't produce babies.If we were all homosexuals the human race would be extinct in one generation.This fact alone proves what sex is for.
Yes,it is reasonable to label some human beings as faulty.It may not be politically correct but that doesn't make it less true.The asylums are full of faulty human beings.That is not to say all faulty humans can be treated/cured. At least not with current technology.

Ori

Angel slayer
Sex is life affirming, so I don't care if people see gays as wrong or not, as long as the people involved are happy, who cares?

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
Yes,it is reasonable to label some human beings as faulty.It may not be politically correct but that doesn't make it less true.The asylums are full of faulty human beings.That is not to say all faulty humans can be treated/cured. At least not with current technology.
I say you are faulty for saying ahomosexuals are faulty. It will be very difficult to find any liscensed psychologist with a PhD that will say you can "cure" homosexualality or transexuality.

If it's natures intention, then why do so many animals have gay sex?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
If we're arguing Biblically, why is only male homosexuality a concern? Is lesbianism OK? Or could it be that the Biblical writers were far more concerned that males act with honor and not shame? In other words, a cultural concerna dn not a moral concern?

Certainly lesbianism is mentioned only once, in the NT only, (although not very positively), and nowhere prohibited. So for some reason (according to some translations and interpretations) male homosexuality is prohibited, and female not. Interesting religion ya got there, Christians.

rasor

I say you are faulty for saying ahomosexuals are faulty. It will be very difficult to find any liscensed psychologist with a PhD that will say you can "cure" homosexualality or transexuality.

If it's natures intention, then why do so many animals have gay sex?
Read the whole of my post blindinglight.

Looking to religion for this kind of thing is pretty useless.
More and more religion and the made up/ dillusional concept of god are becoming an irrelevance.
We are less and less needing these charachters to tell us this that or the other.
Im not gay and i hope to father lots of children, if someone else is gay and wont have any then nature has created the balance right there.
Religions may try to judge you for it but that judgment carrys the weight and magnitude of a fart on a windy day.
Live your life how you want to lets face it if your not harming anybody its really not anybody elses business.
And anyway if the purpose of life is to procreate catholic priests have got a funny way of showing it.
They will regret that on there death beds.
note to all (be sure to wear a condom).

spiritually inclined

If we were all homosexuals the human race would be extinct in one generation.
True. But we are NOT all homosexuals. If everyone decided not to have children, we would all be dead, too, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with not producing children in an overpopulated world.

How are you so sure that homosexuality is faulty hardwiring? What about all of the other impulses we have, impulses to masturbate for instance? That certainly won't produce any children. Even heterosexuals engage in oral sex, anal sex, and non-procreative sex. Saying that sex is purely for procreation is simplistic. Even non-human animals engage in same-sex sex. Masturbation and non-procreative sex have positive benefits in themselves: relaxation, endorphins are released, lowering stress levels, etc.

James

rasor

True. But we are NOT all homosexuals. If everyone decided not to have children, we would all be dead, too, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with not producing children in an overpopulated world.

How are you so sure that homosexuality is faulty hardwiring? What about all of the other impulses we have, impulses to masturbate for instance? That certainly won't produce any children. Even heterosexuals engage in oral sex, anal sex, and non-procreative sex. Saying that sex is purely for procreation is simplistic. Even non-human animals engage in same-sex sex. Masturbation and non-procreative sex have positive benefits in themselves: relaxation, endorphins are released, lowering stress levels, etc.

James

I stick by my premis that the prime reason for sex is procreation and everything else is subordinate to this.Therefor all your above examples may (or may not) be true but that doesn't change or effect my premis.Even kissing and petting won't produce children but the whole idea designed by evolution is to end up having kids (forplay is exactly that ,"forplay"). Of course animals engage in same sex sex.Homosexuality is not the exclusion dormain of humans.Masterbation is a substitute for sex when a partner is not available.Relaxation,endorphins,lowering stress levels ie the lolly pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.