• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is homosexuality a sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
funny how you replaced the word servant, with slave. nice try.
Not nearly as funny as you trying to claim it was not slavery.
I wonder if you be so kind as to explain why some of them were required to have their ear pierced?
Or will you merely further your attempt at refusing to call a silencer a silencer?

rocka21

Brother Rock
Funny how you try to justify it. :no:

becky, do you actually have an post on the TOPIC? why is homosexuallity a sin?

or do you just follow me around like a lonely bitter person with nothing to do?

%90 of every post i make is followed up by some short rude remark from you. I know you have hatred from me and you have the right to challange my post, but please , " o wise an great one", let us hear your actual opnion on the subject of

SIN AND HOMOSEXUALLITY.:yes:

rocka21

Brother Rock
Not nearly as funny as you trying to claim it was not slavery.
I wonder if you be so kind as to explain why some of them were required to have their ear pierced?
Or will you merely further your attempt at refusing to call a silencer a silencer?

Yes i believe the slavery in the old testement was wrong. ( thank god for Jesus!)

I do believe the " bondservent" in the new testement was a little different.

my point was

Roots ( whips , chains, beatings, taken from homeland, worked untill you droped) VS.

bondservant ( usally sold themselves as servants, many after 7 years would choose to stay with there master because there life was so good with them).

slavery is a sin, hiring a worker to live with you and serve you is not.

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
Yes i believe the slavery in the old testement was wrong. ( thank god for Jesus!)

I do believe the " bondservent" in the new testement was a little different.

my point was

Roots ( whips , chains, beatings, taken from homeland, worked untill you droped) VS.

bondservant ( usally sold themselves as servants, many after 7 years would choose to stay with there master because there life was so good with them).

slavery is a sin, hiring a worker to live with you and serve you is not.
Do YOU have anything else to contribute to the topic at hand?

rocka21

Brother Rock
Do YOU have anything else to contribute to the topic at hand?

wonder if you be so kind as to explain why some of them were required to have their ear pierced?

was this question directed at me? Do i have a right to respond? is this off topic?

well.............? well...............?

rocka21

Brother Rock
I've sorta lost track of what you crazy beatniks are talking about, so I though I'd just drop in to say hi and hugs.

boy did we ever lose track! LOL

hi back! i would give you hugs, but if you are a guy that would make me queer. :p ( joking people!) lighten up:D

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
dont get me wrong, i'm not a chirstian, i myself find contradiction in the bible but that is not the case here. but i do read from some where in the bible that a community was destroyed by God for their homosexual conduct. i believe that place was called Sodom and Gomorrah or something like that.

as for "impose those strictures on us while ignoring the ones you don't want to follow" well i wont argue with that. i'm in no position for i am not a christian.

Sodom was not destroyed because of homosexuality. It was destroyed for social depravity, as borne out by the utter lack of hospitality. The episode you mention addresses inhospitality shown to strangers by the townsfolk through an attempted act of "battlefield rape." It is a subjugation technique, not a homosexual act. That Lot spared the visitors is the pivotal point in the story, since Lot was, himself, a visitor to the city. When the strangers arrived, no one greeted them at the city gate, as they should have been (a big, red flag). When the mob arrived at Lot's home, no one of the city protected them. Both of these incidents show that there was no proper hospitality there, and no social order.

rocka21

Brother Rock
Sodom was not destroyed because of homosexuality. It was destroyed for social depravity, as borne out by the utter lack of hospitality. The episode you mention addresses inhospitality shown to strangers by the townsfolk through an attempted act of "battlefield rape." It is a subjugation technique, not a homosexual act. That Lot spared the visitors is the pivotal point in the story, since Lot was, himself, a visitor to the city. When the strangers arrived, no one greeted them at the city gate, as they should have been (a big, red flag). When the mob arrived at Lot's home, no one of the city protected them. Both of these incidents show that there was no proper hospitality there, and no social order.

JUDE
7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

homosexuallty was not the ONLY reason it was destroyed , but it was ONE of the reasons.:angel2:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
JUDE
7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

homosexuallty was not the ONLY reason it was destroyed , but it was ONE of the reasons.:angel2:

Fornicating as an example of widespread social disorder. But, regrdless of what the Writer of Jude says about the story, the story itself is a story about hospitality.

Smoke

Done here.
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

What does "strange flesh" mean to you?

rocka21

Brother Rock
It means "I am a bigot attempting to cloak my hate in ignorant religiosity."

:rainbow1:

nice name calling.:clap

bigot, ignorant...... got any more? because it seems thats allowed here, as long as it is done toward christians.

Smoke

Done here.
iam serious also , do you think there was no " sodomy" in the biblical city " sodom"?
May have been; we're everywhere. :cool: But surely you know that the existence of the English word sodomy isn't any evidence of it. You may even know that sodomy means different things in different languages.

But why are you so reluctant to answer my question? You cited Jude as evidence that Sodom was destroyed, in part, for homosexuality. I asked you if you thought "going after strange flesh" meant homosexuality. Why are you afraid to answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.