• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Homosexuality EVIL?

connermt

The only reason why I would see it as "evil" is because people who don't like/understand it, or practice it and feel guilt about it, says so.
In nature, there is no "evil", but there is homosexuality.
Therefore, homosexualtiy is not evil

nnmartin

The question I have is this:

On reading the Bible it is fairly clear that the religion is anti-homosexual.

In that case , why would a homosexual choose to become or remain a Christian?

Some have suggested that an interpretation allows for homosexuality, if so - what makes you think this?

Now, I am no homophobe but if a religious book told me that I could not have blue eyes then I would try to find another God.

yes, no?

fishy

Some have suggested that an interpretation allows for homosexuality, if so - what makes you think this?

Now, I am no homophobe but if a religious book told me that I could not have blue eyes then I would try to find another God.

yes, no?
Already covered post#19

A-bear

Has God ever had sex? If God has never had sex, why does everyone assume that God opposes homosexuality.

I don't follow your logic...God (the Christian God) is believed to be incapable of doing many of the things he tells us not to do, like lying, stealing, commiting adultery, etc.

God has never lied (or so the bible claims), yet God clearly opposes the act. The same could be said for homosexuality.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

yes, no?

Even if I didn't have blue eyes, I'd think that I'd be looking elsewhere than a "god" hateful and scummy enough to be bigoted towards blue eyed people just for having blue eyes. Ditto on a "god" petty and pathetic enough to be bigoted towards homosexuals.

What I don't understand is -- why would people who profess not to be bigots still worship a being disgusting enough to supposedly command bigotry?

A-bear

Even if I didn't have blue eyes, I'd think that I'd be looking elsewhere than a "god" hateful and scummy enough to be bigoted towards blue eyed people just for having blue eyes. Ditto on a "god" petty and pathetic enough to be bigoted towards homosexuals.

What I don't understand is -- why would people who profess not to be bigots still worship a being disgusting enough to supposedly command bigotry?

But what is bigotry? Where do you draw the line of what is good and bad?

I'm not disagreeing with you - I also see and acknowledge God's bigotry in this situation. But I'm not a Christian.

Christians strive to uphold moral values that were supposedly given divinely. The most conservative of these Christians believe that these laws are timeless, and universal, and still apply today.

Although we see it as bigotry, who are we to question what an all powerful God says is "good" and "bad?" It doesn't really matter what we think.....God has the last say...they're his rules.

Again, these aren't my beliefs, but I have experience with the fundamentalist mindset.

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
But what is bigotry? Where do you draw the line of what is good and bad?

I'm not disagreeing with you - I also see and acknowledge God's bigotry in this situation. But I'm not a Christian.

Christians strive to uphold moral values that were supposedly given divinely. The most conservative of these Christians believe that these laws are timeless, and universal, and still apply today.

Although we see it as bigotry, who are we to question what an all powerful God says is "good" and "bad?" It doesn't really matter what we think.....God has the last say...they're his rules.

Again, these aren't my beliefs, but I have experience with the fundamental mindset.

Sounds like their choice of "god," then, is as arbitrary as the "moral relativity" they're decrying elsewhere. That would be pretty ironic since it makes them moral relativists.

If they're rational, then the ostensible presence of bigotry in their choice of "god" should raise a red flag for prompt and thorough metaphysical investigation.

waitasec

Veteran Member
didn't you know, everyone is bisexual....and those that hate it so much don't know it

:sarcastic

(is that frubal material gjallarhorn?)
:D

nnmartin

The Bible does promote tolerance though and let's not forget it's all fairly anti-sex full stop.

It does not discriminate against gays that much more than it does to those having pre-marital relations.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
The Bible does promote tolerance though and let's not forget it's all fairly anti-sex full stop.

It does not discriminate against gays that much more than it does to those having pre-marital relations.

And... that doesn't make a red light go off in your head, "Hey, wait a minute? Why is this 'god' acting so vile and petty?" regardless of its equal-opportunity hate and oppression, even if it contains a lot of good things as well?

Regardless of the number of good things, shouldn't the despicable and vile things raise an alarm?

jamesmorrow

Seems to be really hard to get my point across. That's not my logic. I think it's hard for you to understand me, because you don't understand Christianity. I'd have to write several supporting statements for everything I say. I'm not going to do that, though.

Nothing trumps God's will. Not sexuality, not homosexuality - nothing. Everyone has their degrees of intelligences. Everything is according to these degrees. If the intent is to follow God's will, and their intelligence is preventing them, it is no fault of theirs. However, it does not make anything that they do contrary to the will of God, acceptable.

It applies to everyone, Christian or otherwise. Which is why we don't expect mentally retarded individuals to do much of what more intelligent people are capable of. We also don't hold them to the same account for certain wrongdoings. Forgiveness and reformation are Christianity.

ill leave it at that because if i take this any farther my head will surely explode.

jamesmorrow

Seems to me hitler came more than one millenium late to take on the jews that were guilty..

but he came nonetheless... and lets not forget, to god 1000 years is like a day.

It would also render Jesus power useless (because "forgive them for they dont know what they are doing" would have had no forgiveness efect) .

forgiveness is only for those who accept jesus christ as their lord and savior.... jews(religious not ethnic) to this date dont... so it does not apply to them.

About homosexuality, Jesus didn´t speak against it once, so no problem with being a christian homosexual really.

but he did not come to abolish the old law either(which is anti homosexual)

jamesmorrow

Jesus was gay.

i am not exactly sure what you mean by this. do you mean jesus was gay, as in make the Yuletide gay? OR. as in, "give it to me good brother john as i snort this blessed crystal to the tune of haddaway's new gay club mix CD" ted haggard gay?

Me Myself

Back to my username

Jesus also made it very clear that not all jewish scripture is good. He kept some and dismissed some.

So if you are a CHRISTIAN instead of a "paulian" or a "biblian" or a jew and you just stick with what christ actually taught, there is no reason that you should think that homosexuality is wrong.

Me Myself

Back to my username
but he came nonetheless... and lets not forget, to god 1000 years is like a day.

Maybe but for humans 1000 years is still many generations away from the actual guilty jews. So that´s a BIG miss for God.

forgiveness is only for those who accept jesus christ as their lord and savior.... jews(religious not ethnic) to this date dont... so it does not apply to them.

"Father, forgive them, because they don´t know what they are doing. But only to those that have accepted me. Screw the rest. Wait, better yet, just screw his children."

I always forget that last part! My bad! :sorry1:

but he did not come to abolish the old law either(which is anti homosexual)

He abolished the old law in MANY things written. After he goes against more than one old law I have no reason to believe that the rest are good. I only keep those he said were good. Like "you are gods".

If you think Jesus didn´t put on a NEW LAW then you might be reading the wrong bible, or hjust taking into consideration veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery outdated material. Considering it was outsdated 2000 years ago.