• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews don't believe in Jesus

Eliana

You mentioned several important aspects related to Jesus in your first message:

- Faith in Jesus
- The genealogical lineage of Jesus
- The life of Jesus
- The nationality of Jesus
- The mission of Jesus
- The government of Jesus

You posted your perspective, and I posted mine. The forum is public, as far as I know.

In addition to this, you gave a lesson on authentic Christianity, so your post is very antagonistic.

Sorry, where did I give this lesson on authentic Christianity? Please link me.

The topic of the thread is "Why Jews don't believe in Jesus" which is obviously going to be written from a Jewish theological point of view. The topic wasn't "Why Christians shouldn't believe in Jesus", because I don't care if Christians believe in Jesus or not and I have no interest in convincing them one way or the other.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Look dude, I don't expect people to believe in Judaism, the Tanakh, the Talmud and so on. My late husband was a Christian and didn't believe in the Talmud either, but he was always respectful in that space and I in his. I don't care what the bible says, the Quran and so on and happily state that. What I don't do, at least not purposely, is denigrate those that do by saying their scriptures are lying or otherwise invalid (to them). Telling me my scriptures are flawed/invalid/whatever as if it was an undisputed fact absolutely honks me off.

They ARE invalid TO ME, and I have no problem saying such, but I understand they're important to those who do believe. I recognise I am snarky... usually when people don't respect my boundaries, ask me to repeat myself or act in a way I believe is dishonest.

I try hard to respect the person... I despise Messianic Judaism, Jews for Jesus, Islam, American Evangelical Christianity, but I don't despise the people. Someone can think the Talmud is total bunk and even tell me they think as such, and I'm not going to be offended as long as they aren't denigrating me, HaShem or his word as I believe it to be.

When I discuss my beliefs with Christians/Muslims you'll notice I never cite the Talmud to them... because they don't believe it or accept it ergo it's a waste of time. The only time I reference it is if I am speaking for my own beliefs and why. When people cite the bible to me I can't stand it because they already know I couldn't care less. I won't even debate the bible or the Quran except in comparison to the Tankah, because I don't believe them anyway ergo I have no personal stake. I won't debate if Jesus existed, if Muhammad really saw Gabriel or anything like that because it's moot to me.

People are people, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, pagans, whatever, and they deserve respect for their basic humanity and as children of G-d. That doesn't mean I'll put up with any of the pernicious behaviour noted above and I'll call it out as I see it.
I’ll take that as a yes. To bad you can’t respect my opinion.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Oh, I forgot to include in my opinion when I wrote that. I usually do that. If I had done that, would you still have been offended?
The point that is being made is that it makes absolutely no sense to quote the New Testament to a Jew, just as you would not quote the Quran to a Christian. And when someone has reminded you of this (implying that they don't care to hear it), why would you continue?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
The point that is being made is that it makes absolutely no sense to quote the New Testament to a Jew, just as you would not quote the Quran to a Christian. And when someone has reminded you of this (implying that they don't care to hear it), why would you continue?
I didn’t do that. Go back and read the conversation.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
If you take that as a yes then I take it you didn't actually read what I wrote. I think ignoring you at this point is wise.
This is what I wrote earlier, and you still seem to be offended by it.

Islam, Judaism, Christianity and the rest of em…they all have their shortcomings. If you’re going by the book 100% in life, you’re doing it wrong imo.

Like I said, it’s too bad you can’t respect my opinion

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
So, is the accurate translation for Avoirah transgression or sin?

It's not easily translated to English. That's the problem. What is the opposite of Jehovah's will? To answer the question one would first need to answer this question:

What is Jehovah's will?

If I answer the question?

Jehovah's will = revelation

The opposite of Jehovah's will = oblivion

So, is the accurate translation for Avoirah transgression or sin?

Avoirah = oblivious

Eliana

This is what I wrote earlier, and you still seem to be offended by it.

Islam, Judaism, Christianity and the rest of em…they all have their shortcomings. If you’re going by the book 100% in life, you’re doing it wrong imo.

Like I said, it’s too bad you can’t respect my opinion

Buh bye, my slow learning friend!

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Buh bye, my slow learning friend!
Someone can think the Talmud is total bunk and even tell me they think as such, and I'm not going to be offended as long as they aren't denigrating me, HaShem or his word as I believe it to be.

My bad I missed this part.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Ah! I had forgotten that story! Thank you so very much.

Spice, would you say that Jesus having two stories of resurrecting someone compared to Elijah's one story, is significant enough that it would establish him as a being much higher than the human Elijah?
No. I cannot say I put much confidence in any of the miracles. I generally look to the characters of the stories for their individual contribution to add to the overall purpose of the total story. We all, Elijah, Jesus, you and I alike, have specific purpose in the Creator's eyes.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I would agree everyone sins, but I don't think everyone is a sinner. It's kind of like, everyone lies but some people are just a LIAR!!! LOL I think that a sinner is someone given over to sin, someone who has no remorse, someone who doesn't repent. I think that sort of person is very different from the one who screws up from time to time and then feels bad about it.
I agree with your view in a societal context, however, I believe when it comes to being children of God there's no deviation. At least not in actions, and only God knows the heart. When I think of those who socially would fall into your category of sinner, it calls to mind this African Proverb: The child that is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
No, it is a religious issue associated with the state. The people of any nation can though.

According to Blackstone it is a right that originates with deity and/or nature. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are some well known examples.
hmm. I've seen things like "sovereign citizen," whatever that means. Blackstone, while respected, is not the ruler of right and wrong.

Betho_br

Someone here said that each 'godperson' was 1/3 of the godhead. 1/3+1/3+1/3=1 whole.
Revelation 12:4 KJV
And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Can you understand?

YoursTrue

Revelation 12:4 KJV
And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Can you understand?
Are you saying that In reference to the godhead being each person as being 1/3 of the "Godhead"?

Betho_br

Are you saying that In reference to the godhead being each person as being 1/3 of the "Godhead"?
The old and highly respected man is the head, and the prophet who gives false instruction is the tail. Isaiah 9:15

Deuteronomy 13:1-3 King James Version
If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Betho_br

If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

This is of enormous complexity because it uses the term elohim in Hebrew and theos in Greek.

YoursTrue

The old and highly respected man is the head, and the prophet who gives false instruction is the tail. Isaiah 9:15

So you are saying this means that God (or the "Godhead") is three 1/3's comprising one, is that right? Except somehow that 1/3 that Jesus was supposed to make up was not equal perhaps? Leaving 2/3 left. Once we clear that up, perhaps you can explain what happened to the "godhead" when Jesus said no one knows something except the Father -- ? the 1/3 Jesus supposedly comprises was not equal to ?? the other 2? or was it just the Father? Please explain if you will. or can. Thank you so much!