• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews don't believe in Jesus

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Interesting, now I just wonder, is there direct word for sin.

The first thing that comes to mind is "issuhr" aramaic for "prohibition". It comes from the root for "bound", or "binding".

2 Sam 6:7 has a very unique word, "Shahl". Strong's H7944. This is an impulsive error. Shin+Lamed.

In my mind, this circles back to further support the notion that "sin" in English comes from aramaic: issuhr. There's a very similar word in aramaic "s'ohr" like "issuhr". S'ohr is the metaphorical "evil" rising of the leavened bread. Puffing oneself up like a puff-pastry in the oven. Full of hot-air.

The word "Shahl" in Hebrew is written in the form of the letters Shin >>> Lamed. The "Shahl", the impulsive error in 2 Sam 6:7, metaphorically, is like a fire rising and striking like lightning. It's an impulsive tiny error with grave consequences. An errant spark jumping off from the pyre landing on the drapes. Suddenly! The whole house is on fire. This matches perfectly, Cinderella-fit, the form of the letters which spell out the word, "Shahl" in 2 Sam 6:7. The Shin represents fire, like the word "aish", "aish-tamid" an eternal flame. The Lamed is the only letter which reaches up, it is like a lightning bolt striking, but, it could be rising or falling or both. See, for example, the words for "thunder and lightning" in the famous Mt. Sinai event, Exodus 20:18. Lamed... Lamed. Thunder ... Lightning. The word choices there are very interesting. I could spend a lot of time studying those two words as well.

The Fire: This then leads to the the 21st letter of the Hebrew alphabet called: Shin/Sin. It's pronounced Shin with the dot above and to the right. It's pronounced Sin with the dot to the left. It's clear that this letter's form resembles fire. The articulation even sounds like fire burning... Shhhhh Sssss Shhhh Sssss Shhhh Sssss.

1722247437377.png

The difference between Shin ( dotted to the right ) and Sin ( dotted to the left ) is taught using two contrasting words where the only difference in the spelling is the dot. Is it dotted to the right? It's an open gate. Is it dotted to the left? It's contracting, closing, and constricting... like a serpent.

שׁער - Shin - dotted on the right. Sha'ar. Gate. Portal.
שׂער
- Sin - dotted on the left. Sei'ahr. Hair. It's evidence of life-force and vitality, but, that life force is vacant. Hair is like an empty vessel. Cutting hair doesn't hurt.

The dichotomy here is: An open gate is the opposite of a strand of hair. If it's pictured in the mind, that helps illustrate the contrasting concept.

Putting all this together:

The word "Sin" expresses a warning intended to evoke and inspire in the audience a constricting, restraining, feeling in the heart and mind.

"Don't do it. It's a sin. It will hold you back. Tie you down. Saddle you with a burden. Lock you up in dungeon. You won't be free."

Last edited:

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Can you give me some examples? We can move past Isaiah 53 since this passage is are not about the messiah.

Oh that's fine. I'm not really here to convince you or undermine your faith. I'm simply sharing my Jewish perspective.
I'm just talking History and textual criticism.I think that religious perspective just leads toward bias.

I'm not really sure what your religion is, but what I said was standard, mainstream Christian theology.
Standard mainstream Christian theology is literally traditional Christianity.
The Church has been the same , from day one.
You haven't looked in Eastern Christian literature.There is 10x more then what Western is offering.You can not find these things , you can only expirience them by studying them and visit places.
Some Books are out of reach , you can not find everything online.

The more you learn History , the more facts you can make.

I told you , look up the video , 18 minutes of your time, but when there are things to be settled , nobody usually has the time.

Of course. Irrelevant. This is the first time in your post that you have responded to my text with a remark completely unrelated.

What ?

You said :
"The Messiah of Christianity the incarnate God who suffers and dies to save the world from their sins."

We teach that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah.I

That was why it was noted.

Actually I don't consider him apostate at all. He was a Jew that practiced second temple Judaism. I see him as a fellow Jew like myself, brother J so to speak. I just don't see him as the messiah or God.
I don't have any issue with your views.
You may see him as you wish.

An apostate is a Jew who has converted to a foreign religion.
He didn't converted , but he created new movement in some sense.
Christianity and Judaism are not the same.

Erm, if we are comparing the Christian OT to the Jewish tanakh, of COURSE the Christian NT was created after the advent of Chrsitianity. I mean that is too obvious for words. Am I missing something? Is there a point in there somewhere?
The Jewish Tanakh was defined after the Messiah.

So the events prior to that matter.The events that happend had some influence (I am not saying the events alone had influence)

Do you mean the organization of the Tanakh? It is simply organized by which section was accepted as canon first. Thus, the Torah (the oldest section) is at the beginning. The prophets were accepted next, and are in the middle. And the Writings were accepted last, and are at the end.
Nobody is doubting these facts.
The canonization of the Hebrew Bible into its final 24 books was a process that lasted centuries, and was only completed well after the time of Josephus.
Historian may ask many question about this , for example , Why after Josephus , and why did it happend in that time Every event before matters.
That's not how a religious person thinks , that's how Historians think.
They ask questions.

We know that this passage was altered by Christians later in history.
How do you know that ?

For example, Josephus never said that Jesus rose from the dead.
Who is suggesting that?

Here is the original text as scholars have reconstructed it
:
Not interested in reconstructed texts.
That tells only the line of scholars that you follow.
When i started studying this , i trusted nobody , ****** nobody because it is the best thing to do.
Now i follow only a few.

"Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man. For he was a doer of wonderful works—a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day."
They don't know how to translate Koine.

And just because it sounds Christian it is not a reason to say that is forgery.
The only part is debated because it sounds Christian and yet we don't know crucial details.

Scholars generally agree that he is opposed to Christ and to Christianity , although we do not have a single direct statement in any of his extant writings to that effect.
Imagine that , no evidence and yet pretty obvious conclusion..

So tommorow someone may say about me that i was against Judaism because they didn't find any statement about it.

I'm sorry, I really don't wish to be disrespectful to you.
No , the oposite of it.
You have been the most respectfull.

But that is just not the case. It may hurt your feelings a bit
Feelings ?
Nono , you have been highly mistaken, i have never used my feelings to establish what is historically valid.
It leads towards religious bias.

, but the truth is that Jesus was simply irrelevant to the Rabbis.
He was so irrelevant that they needed to tell Pilate about his 'blasphemy'.

You can jump to 'Judaism and Eden and Eve' and see how irrelevant is Jesus.
You yourself replied there.

Saying that Jews organized the books the way we did in order to deny that Jesus was the messiah is simply a narcissistic way of viewing things.
Nono , i said that the events might have influence.

Are you referring to Jesus and the Pharisees? It is not clear.

It is part of Jewish tradition to debate the Law. Indeed among the Pharisees there were different schools that argued about how to interpret Torah. The teachings of Jesus are firmly in the camp of Hillel. The Sanhedrin at that time was governed by the school of Shammai. It is completely normal for Jesus to have had these debates. In fact, many such debates are recorded in the Talmud.
Then why do you say that he was irrelevant ?
He was so irrelevant that the Jews were afraid that the Romans could have punished them because of his claims?
Who do you think that told the Romans about Jesus?

Huh? I was talking about the inadequacy of translations and you bring up my "sources?" This is the second time in this post that you have replied to my comments with stuff that is entirely unrelated.
You can count to 1 milion , it is all the same to me.
To me this is just a discussion.

I meant translations from Jewish people.
There are Jewish people who can translate Hebrew to English as best as it gets , or ?

This is the third time that you have replied to my text with information that is unrelated. My comments were about how only the Writings were added to the Jewish canon after Jesus time, and instead of replying to that, you have waxed eloquent on the Pharisees etc.
Ok.
The Jewish canon was defined after the writings of Josephus.
It is not what was in the canon itself untill then, but when the canon itself was defined.
Interpretations change through time.

Because it is not uncommon for someone to write about things in the past, even the distant past.
Yes , that is how we narrow the choices of authors.

No, it is not a letter. It is a narrative, a story. This narrative was written to Theophilus. That doesn't make it a letter.
Letters , many letters to tell a story.
That is how it continued in the next years and with the next generations , with letters.

Last edited:

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Again, people commonly write about things in the past. Go to Amazon and you will find books written in the last couple years on the Kennedy assassination, the Civil War, and the Protestant Reformation.
Every event is not the same.
It has different propertiies surrounding it.
They are not all the same and they don't have the same amount of evidence.

This is the fourth time you responded with something irrelevant to what I said.
Skip it then.
We don't have to argue about it.

I gave you two examples. You are free to go back and read them again, and you are free to research further examples on your own.
None of them stand.
What matters is the highly probable outcome , not the theological differences.

You saying that's a good point but then relying yourself on scholars(which in these days is very hard to find) is not so convincing when we considered what is there to be verified.

I'm supposed to take this seriously?
It's all the same to me how you take it.
I am the one who makes a point , and you are the one consistent on scholars.

Yes, it does.
How ? Explain
Or you will again suggest that i read something that is not there in the first place?

None of the NT is eye witness accounts.
Yes , they are.
As Josephus writings are verified in a gap of 10 centuries , we can do the same with the thousandd and thousands of manuscripts.

Why do schollars agree then that the events in Acts can be dated to several years after the crucifixition?
So , sometimes they are eye-witness accounts and sometimes they are not?

Any long written literary composition can be called a book, including long letters. It is standard English to refer to the epistles as books. You don't have to like ti.
They are not written in standard English , they are written in Koine.
So what Koine tells matters.

Again, you are not being rational. Just because Acts talks about the journeys of Paul doesn't mean it was written at the same time that Paul was alive.
Then i would like to know why his death is not mentioned , since that is what could have culminated his ministry.
Not just in Acts , but in the whole NT.
There is nothing you can find it , because there is nothing to be found.

The book of Luke was written between 80 and 90 CE.
Ok , what was the reason for the author to not mention the death of Peter' and Paul' - the most controversial figures among the Apostles?

No one can predict future events. If the text references the destruction of the Temple, that is proof it was written after the fact.
Yes you can , you can predict outcomes.They might came to be true , or not.
You saying that is proof just because it came out to be as a true is not so convincing as fact.

This is the fifth time you have replied to something I've said with information that is unrelated. Can you see why this tendency might drive me a little nuts?
I write what i want , when i want,whenever i want.
You can do the same.
If that drives you nuts , you should chill a little bit.

It is the consensus of scholars.
You don't present historical facts based on consensus , you present theories and evidence regarding the issue.

It is a topic too broad to go into detail here. I've read it in more than one book, but don't recall their titles (i've read a gazillion books in my life). If you are asking what the scholarly criteria for historical reliability is, I would say that a general rule of thumb is that miraculous stories are not accepted as history.
I know what is the criteria , i was hoping to find out if you know.
And to say that miraculous stories are not accepted as history is also ok.
And then the bias comes to miracles , since miracles do happen.
Many scientist have confirm that,they don't know how it happend - so it's a miracle.

Also, later writings that contradict earlier writings are viewed as unreliable.
I have explained every point and made an effort to start a discussion.
Please explain if you want to be answered.

Last edited:

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
YHWH is a name. Lord is a title.
Do i need to count like you did in your previous posts?

I know this , but thank you however

While the meaning of YHWH is not clear, scholars do say that it may mean "He will be." It certainly doesn't mean lord.
There is a Jewish tradition that when we read YHWH aloud, we used Adonai (lord) as a way to avoid careless using the divine name in a casual manner. Similarly, when we compose an English translation, we substitute the word Lord for the same reason.
Yes everybory knows about Adonai , that is why Kyrios is refered to YHWH in The Septuagint.
The ones that translates Hebrew to Koine probably knew that also.

You are really stuck on that. It is not the case.

You seem to have this overarching Idea that Jews were freaked out by Christianity and so did all sorts of things from changing the order of books to composing whole new interpretations just to spite christian teachings. I'm sorry but that sort of depiction of Jews as being deceitful in this way is just mean spirited.
They did not change anything , they only defined these books.
Jews did not change , they were the same.
But Christ era had some influence on the period when they were defined.
There were a group of 1000 Jews who teached otherwise in that timeline.
Defining what is the Tanakh was neccessary , don't you agree?

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
Paul, formerly known as Saul, was a persecutor of Christians but realized by divine intervention that what he was doing was wrong. He changed his ways, realizing Jesus was the Messiah.
You are evading the point. Acts says that Gamaliel opposed persecuting Christians. Yet Saul claimed both that he persecuted Christians and was a follower of Gamaliel. Which is contradictory.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
You are evading the point. Acts says that Gamaliel opposed persecuting Christians. Yet Saul claimed both that he persecuted Christians and was a follower of Gamaliel. Which is contradictory.
He had been a disciple of the teacher Gamaliel. Notice how Paul put it at Acts 22:
"Brothers and fathers, hear the defense that I now make before you.”
2And when they heard that he was addressing them in the Hebrew language,a they became even more quiet. And he said:
3“I am a Jew, born in Tarsus in Cilicia, but brought up in this city, educated at the feet of Gamalielb according to the strict manner of the law of our fathers, being zealous for God as all of you are this day. 4I persecuted this Way to the death, binding and delivering to prison both men and women, 5as the high priest and the whole council of elders can bear me witness. From them I received letters to the brothers, and I journeyed toward Damascus to take those also who were there and bring them in bonds to Jerusalem to be punished."

So first he said he had been a disciple of the teacher Gamaliel. Obviously thought he was doing the right thing by persecuting those who were disciples of Christ because he thought he was doing the right thing. But then he changed his action. Do you remember why?

YoursTrue

Acts chapter 5 adds clarification to this, if you will read and absorb it, hopefully. It says (at first Gamaliel addressing the high court--the Sanhedrin) and told them to be careful as to what they will do, recalling the PREVIOUS event with Theudas misleading the people...)

"Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: “Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”
40His speech persuaded them. They called the apostles in and had them flogged. Then they ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
41The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name. 42Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah."

YoursTrue

I request both of you to stop maligning each other. The purpose of all religion is to take one towards God. But as yours two has said, that all religions degenerate into authoritative views and this authoritarianism has to be contested from time to time. So instead of pointing out the errors of either Judaism or Christianity. We should look at the common objective of both trying to take the person towards God.
Which God is that, iyo? Even among religious groups is a vast variety of "gods," or definitions of who/what God is...

YoursTrue

Hebrew script is unique among all languages in use today. It is iconography. That means, like a chemical formula, each of the letters has a meaning. Then these meanings combine to form a word. The meaning of the word corresponds with the meaning of the letters. It's not an exact match. It's a correspondence. Further, the pronunciation operates in the same manner. Each phonic syllable ( consonant + vowel ) has a meaning. These phonic syllables when combined in sequence have a meaning which corresponds to the meaning of the word as well.

As I said, this correspondence is not a perfect match, but, when words are compared and contrasted, in Hebrew, in their diction and in their lettering ( form and function ) one can derive a precise meaning which is not vague.

Example. The best one I know of in this case is Avoirah. Which is a word for sin ( technically transgression ). It is contrasted with Barah, the word which is reserved for the manner in which God alone creates, from Genesis 1:1. That word, is never-never used for any one else. It is only divine creation by fiat ( divine speech, the Word of God ). Avoirah, is the direct absolute opposite of Barah. This can be shown in its lettering. It can be shown in the diction. It is precise. An Avoirah, ( a type of sin, a transgression ) is uncreating what God is intending to be create. It is nullifying. Or flip-flopping. Isaiah 5:20.

We can do the same thing for "Chait" ( very similar in pronunciation to the English word 'hate' ). But it's a little more complicated to derive.
ok, what does this have to do with what God told Adam after he ate the fruit which his wife gave him? Did Adam obey God's one command of restraint? NOT to do something or else -- what would happen to Adam or Eve if they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Paul was persecuting the Christians because their actions, such as the mass selling of land, could be viewed as a direct violation of Mosaic Law, potentially provoking a harsh response from devout Jews.
Leviticus 25:23 states, 'The land shall not be sold in perpetuity, for the land is mine; for you are strangers and sojourners with me.'
This verse emphasizes the concept that the Israelites were merely stewards of the land, which ultimately belonged to God. The early Christians' practice of selling their land and sharing the proceeds (Acts 4:34-37) might have been seen by some, including Saul (later Paul), as disregarding this divine stewardship, thus violating the sacred law.Additionally, the incident involving Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5:1-11), where they were struck dead for lying about the proceeds of a land sale, illustrates the severity with which the Christian community treated matters related to communal living and honesty. This strict internal discipline could have been perceived as a radical departure from Jewish legal traditions, possibly reinforcing 'Saul's motivation' to persecute the Christians.Paul's later actions, such as handing over Hymenaeus and Alexander to Satan 'to be taught not to blaspheme' (1 Timothy 1:20), show a form of strict internal discipline that mirrors his earlier zeal in upholding Jewish law.This approach to dealing with internal community transgressions could be seen as a reflection of his earlier commitment to the purity of Jewish faith and practice.Considering these points, Saul's background as a student of Gamaliel, who advocated for a more patient approach towards the Christians, might have been overshadowed by Saul’s own zealous interpretation of the law and his perception of the Christian practices as a significant deviation from Jewish tradition. This perspective could have fueled his initial fervor in persecuting the early Christian church, despite his education under a more moderate teacher.

Eliana

That is one way to stay blind.
The doors to knowledge should be open to all and no one should be afraid to enter!

Jews are not allowed to enter a building of idol worship. If I really want to know what goes on in there I can ask without entering. HaShem says don't do something, we don't do it.

Shaul

Premium Member
Paul was persecuting the Christians because their actions, such as the mass selling of land, could be viewed as a direct violation of Mosaic Law, potentially provoking a harsh response from devout Jews.
Leviticus 25:23 states, 'The land shall not be sold in perpetuity, for the land is mine; for you are strangers and sojourners with me.'
This verse emphasizes the concept that the Israelites were merely stewards of the land, which ultimately belonged to God. The early Christians' practice of selling their land and sharing the proceeds (Acts 4:34-37) might have been seen by some, including Saul (later Paul), as disregarding this divine stewardship, thus violating the sacred law.Additionally, the incident involving Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5:1-11), where they were struck dead for lying about the proceeds of a land sale, illustrates the severity with which the Christian community treated matters related to communal living and honesty. This strict internal discipline could have been perceived as a radical departure from Jewish legal traditions, possibly reinforcing 'Saul's motivation' to persecute the Christians.Paul's later actions, such as handing over Hymenaeus and Alexander to Satan 'to be taught not to blaspheme' (1 Timothy 1:20), show a form of strict internal discipline that mirrors his earlier zeal in upholding Jewish law.This approach to dealing with internal community transgressions could be seen as a reflection of his earlier commitment to the purity of Jewish faith and practice.Considering these points, Saul's background as a student of Gamaliel, who advocated for a more patient approach towards the Christians, might have been overshadowed by Saul’s own zealous interpretation of the law and his perception of the Christian practices as a significant deviation from Jewish tradition. This perspective could have fueled his initial fervor in persecuting the early Christian church, despite his education under a more moderate teacher.
So you are arguing that Saul was correct to persecute Christians. That's "interesting". It isn't supported by the NT writings, of course. Saul (supposedly) went to far as to get letters to go to persecute Christians in Damascus. Not because they were selling property under unlawful conditions, but simply because they were Christians.

This also doesn't resolve the contradiction. He supposedly held to Gamaliel, who it is claimed taught not to persecute Christians, while persecuting them. IOW he thought Gamaliel was wrong and still claimed to be his follower.

InChrist

Free4ever
What do you mean by many. Do you simply mean a large number, like many people eat hot dogs? Or are you talking about a significant portion of the Jewish people?
I mean something about like this…

“The data on Jesus might be especially surprising to Jews who, if they agree on nothing else, believe that Jews for Jesus and its “messianic” philosophy are beyond the pale. The survey found that 21 percent of Jewish millennials believe Jesus was “God in human form who lived among people in the 1st century.” And 28 percent “see him as a rabbi or spiritual leader, but not God.”

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
But Christ era had some influence on the period when they were defined.
I only know of two things in Judaism that were direct responses to Christianity. The first was the adding of the Birkat HaMinim to the Standing Prayer, which curses the Notzrim (Nazarenes) as heretics. The second was Maimonides spelling out the oneness of God in the 13 Principles of Faith in such a way as to exclude Trinitarianism.
There were a group of 1000 Jews who teached otherwise in that timeline.
And you think 1000 Jews is significant among millions? Hundreds of thousands of Jews believed that Sabbatai Zvi was the messiah, and yet mainstream Judaism absolutely rejected this movement.
Defining what is the Tanakh was neccessary , don't you agree?
Important yes, necessary no.

This is also a good place to remind lurkers that the Jewish sacred texts include on only the canon of the Tanakh, but also the Talmud and the writings of the sages. Judaism is not carved in stone. It is a living religion that grows and evolves.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I've seen this discussed here a bit and there is a lot of misinformation so here are some of the key (but not all) reasons Jews do not believe in Jesus.

The Messiah must be from David's line and from the tribe of Judah, Jesus was not.
The Messiah must rebuild the temple, the temple still stood when Jesus lived.
The Messiah must reunite the Jews, the Jews were not even scattered when Jesus lived.
The Messiah must be Jewish... duh.
The Messiah will establish world peace and rule justly, Jesus did not do this.
The Messiah will rule when the Torah is written in everyone's heart and all people acknowledge Hashem as G-d, Jesus did not do this.

In addition Jews do not accept the notion of a trinity or original sin. We do not believe G-d will assume a human form. Nowhere in Messianic prophecy is the Messiah G-d in human form or otherwise. Jews also do not believe anyone can assume responsibility for the sins of another. G-d also calls human sacrifice an abomination and condemns it in the strongest possible terms. There is nothing in Messianic prophecy about the Messiah dying and coming back at a later date, it says he will finish the job.

There's more, but that's a primer for anyone interested.

Can we say that there are Jews that believe in Jesus?

JameScott

Thank you. That is very kind of you. Do you think that would be better than this venue, in public? I think having this conversation in public is better, because, if we can come together on this issue, ending in agreement and reconciliation, the method that we are using to accomplish that outcome is much much more valuable to the reader than the outcome itself.

In this case, My vote? The journey is much more important than the destination if we are successful. I think we can be successful. I feel good about this.

I'll wait to read your reply before commenting on the rest of your post. I'm open to continuing the conversation in whatever manner you think is best. I really liked what you wrote btw. There's a lot there to discuss.

Sincerely,
That's alright. It was only an invitation. I respect your choice.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
I only know of two things in Judaism that were direct responses to Christianity. The first was the adding of the Birkat HaMinim to the Standing Prayer, which curses the Notzrim (Nazarenes) as heretics. The second was Maimonides spelling out the oneness of God in the 13 Principles of Faith in such a way as to exclude Trinitarianism.
Ok , so we see direct responce to Christian belief , can we agree on that?

And you think 1000 Jews is significant among millions?
Yes , i don't think that size is the measure of importance in this case.
It's what these 1000 Jews belived and sayed.I perfectly understand the fact you eon't recognize their teachings.

Hundreds of thousands of Jews believed that Sabbatai Zvi was the messiah, and yet mainstream Judaism absolutely rejected this movement.
They are different beliefs system.Just because mainstream Judaism rejects them , does not make them to be of same value.

Important yes, necessary no.
Ok , i accept this

This is also a good place to remind lurkers that the Jewish sacred texts include on only the canon of the Tanakh, but also the Talmud and the writings of the sages. Judaism is not carved in stone. It is a living religion that grows and evolves.
Yes , there are many beatifull things in Jewish culture.

Last edited:

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
So you are arguing that Saul was correct to persecute Christians.
Not correct , but he just had different worldview then as when he embraced Jesus.

I don't really want to question wheater he was correct or not in this case.That's like conflict in belief i suppose.
Just to keep the manners , i suggest.

That's "interesting". It isn't supported by the NT writings, of course. Saul (supposedly) went to far as to get letters to go to persecute Christians in Damascus. Not because they were selling property under unlawful conditions, but simply because they were Christians.
We don't know the reason exactly.
We know that there might be something that was unlawful that these people were doing that made that Saul at that time to persucute them.

This also doesn't resolve the contradiction.He supposedly held to Gamaliel, who it is claimed taught not to persecute Christians, while persecuting them.
You need to understand that Saul was not a clone of Gamaliel.He was sent to him so he could embrace Jewish customs and become a wiser man.
He was a student, not a master.He insisted on persecuting them.

IOW he thought Gamaliel was wrong and still claimed to be his follower.
No , Paul is what Saul changed to.That is what happend.He did not have the same view anymore.