• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why worship Satan?

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
There's too much unanswerd. Though I don't see a higher power interacting with people anywhere near the personal level that any holy book might proclaim, I can see there being forces working on a higher level of exsistance. Take the new theory of dark energy, plenty of scientist agree it's there but know almost nothing about it. Why for all anybody knows it could be the influence of a higher power. Not likely but from wha I understand dark energy seems to be also associated with multiple dimensions.

kai

ragamuffin
lamplighter said:
There's too much unanswerd. Though I don't see a higher power interacting with people anywhere near the personal level that any holy book might proclaim, I can see there being forces working on a higher level of exsistance. Take the new theory of dark energy, plenty of scientist agree it's there but know almost nothing about it. Why for all anybody knows it could be the influence of a higher power. Not likely but from wha I understand dark energy seems to be also associated with multiple dimensions.
yes its a mystery but i dont fill my gaps in knowledge with a "god of the gaps" its just things we dont know yet

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
I don't fill gods into gaps. I'm just saying we haven't disproved the existance of a higher power so there's still the possiblity of one being out there. We only know enough to know we're not conquering the universe any time soon.

kai

ragamuffin
lamplighter said:
I don't fill gods into gaps. I'm just saying we haven't disproved the existance of a higher power so there's still the possiblity of one being out there. We only know enough to know we're not conquering the universe any time soon.
plenty of time lamplighter all in good time

Dr. Nosophoros

We aren't going to conquer the universe anytime soon, nor will we figure it all out (I'd hope not, as the universe would become very boring IMO once we did) nor does anyone have the all the answers so don't limit yourself with anything- keep searching always, sure , read philosophies, religions, this that or the other, but take all with a grain of salt and come to your own conclusions- then constantly question them, then what are you left with?

Yourself.

Who is the self?

You

Question?

Not

SonofSatan

Satan's little helper
I worship Satan because he is like a father to me. He guides me in my goals, and he helps me empower myself. I am not afraid of him, I would not worship him if I was.

L0gic

For a while, I was into LaVeyan Satanism but by no means was extremely devoted. I always imagined Satanism and Luciferians being essentially the same thing, however, I'll have to look into the second one.

Somkid

Although I am a non-theist if I were a theist, Satan's offer is a lot better than the one Jesus made.

Somkid

What offers are you referring to?

Glory, power, wealth and dominion over the earth it in all in the Satanic Bible if you give it a read it is based mostly on human desire and want thus I find it appealing. That being said I don't believe in Satan any more than I believe in God, it is just research I have done over the years.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Glory, power, wealth and dominion over the earth it in all in the Satanic Bible if you give it a read it is based mostly on human desire and want thus I find it appealing. That being said I don't believe in Satan any more than I believe in God, it is just research I have done over the years.

What profit is it a man if he gains the world, but loses his soul?

What profit is it a Buddhist if he gains the world, fattens his ego, and is reincarnated as a lesser creature?

Hahah! I'm not trying to make fun, or anything. I'm just saying that because it seems kind of strange to me that a Buddhist would find such human desires and a fattened ego appealing.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I don't think the Satanic archetype goes as far back as Persia (correct if I'm wrong) I recall it being a Judaic word meaning 'adversary' almost used as an adjective. The connotations of ancient Egpyt and Set / Setian might be a better parallel. But I still see it as a Judaic word that was used to call anyone that was not an Essene. Afterwards, taken further by the Christians into a personified version of this 'adversary' meaning.
Luciferians for the most part do not accept this Satan archetypal vision.
If anything I can parallel the Satan archetype with Pan and the Earthly Horned God of many Pagan beliefs.

Somkid

What profit is it a man if he gains the world, but loses his soul?

What profit is it a Buddhist if he gains the world, fattens his ego, and is reincarnated as a lesser creature?

Hahah! I'm not trying to make fun, or anything. I'm just saying that because it seems kind of strange to me that a Buddhist would find such human desires and a fattened ego appealing.

Hummm, we are discussing the concept of Satanism not Buddhism. I am a Ch'an Buddhist thus I do not believe in reincarnation which is a Hindu concept not a Buddhist one. Most people including many Buddhists mistake "rebirth" for reincarnation, rebirth is the killing of ego, desire, lust, craving, etc. I have little ego just a good sense of humor and my desire is all but extinguished the only exception is wanting for my family but not "self". I am by definition a theologian and I am a professor of religion and philosophy thus I take interest in Satanism as much as any other belief system and I don't think it is any less valid than the "big 3" religions.

OutOfTime

i think it's because people get brainwashed, they're deluded, they like to rebel, they're can be naive, they misunderstand the ideas about God, they wanna stick out, they're greedy or possibly shallow, i dunno tv.

could be any combination of those

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Hummm, we are discussing the concept of Satanism not Buddhism. I am a Ch'an Buddhist thus I do not believe in reincarnation which is a Hindu concept not a Buddhist one. Most people including many Buddhists mistake "rebirth" for reincarnation, rebirth is the killing of ego, desire, lust, craving, etc. I have little ego just a good sense of humor and my desire is all but extinguished the only exception is wanting for my family but not "self". I am by definition a theologian and I am a professor of religion and philosophy thus I take interest in Satanism as much as any other belief system and I don't think it is any less valid than the "big 3" religions.

Right. Sorry for the misuse of words. But I wasn't using Buddhism to talk about Buddhism, necessarily. I was simply using it to compare and show why I thought it was strange a Buddhist would think Satan's offer is greater than Jesus'. I mean, what good is it to gain the entire world and have all dominion in a finite lifetime when Jesus offers eternal life?

wednesday

Jesus
i think it's because people get brainwashed, they're deluded, they like to rebel, they're can be naive, they misunderstand the ideas about God, they wanna stick out, they're greedy or possibly shallow, i dunno tv.

could be any combination of those

Some yes, but you need to stop watching tv and visit the real world champ. Not all satanists listen to cradle of filth and walk around throwing nails at christians.

Your post is the same as me saying all christains are retards who live off a book and are arrogant, and need to believe in something to get through each day of their lives.

I dont mean that, but careful which words you use, your given reasons for satanism make us look like teenage deviants, not very nice. We're not all like that so next time maybe less hateful?

Also, abrahamic religions brainwash, satanism is too much of an outlawed "cult" because of all major religions to do such a thing. We're not allowed official churches or to publicly advertise, well at least in Australia due to the stranglehold christianity has on the government.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Right. Sorry for the misuse of words. But I wasn't using Buddhism to talk about Buddhism, necessarily. I was simply using it to compare and show why I thought it was strange a Buddhist would think Satan's offer is greater than Jesus'. I mean, what good is it to gain the entire world and have all dominion in a finite lifetime when Jesus offers eternal life?
If you don't believe Jesus offers eternal life than your theory doesn't really work now does it?
Satan looked at as Pan, the God of our Earthly Plane (Malkuth) is what we need to spiritually ascend above. In order to do this one must master living in perfect harmony with this plane of existence, which most of us do not, myself included.
This is where I trust of incarnations. Spiritually evolving and incarnating until our spirit is one with this Earthly Plane, then you will move on as all the GodHeads have done.

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
If you don't believe Jesus offers eternal life than your theory doesn't really work now does it?
Satan looked at as Pan, the God of our Earthly Plane (Malkuth) is what we need to spiritually ascend above. In order to do this one must master living in perfect harmony with this plane of existence, which most of us do not, myself included.
This is where I trust of incarnations. Spiritually evolving and incarnating until our spirit is one with this Earthly Plane, then you will move on as all the GodHeads have done.

He said Satan's offer was better than Jesus' - as if both offers were valid. One could just as easily say that his theory doesn't work if you don't believe Satan's offer. So, I fail to see your point in the first sentence.

And I'm not quite sure I understand your point about Pan and such either. Are you saying that Satan's offer to inherit all his kingdom is synonymous to living in perfect harmony? Or were you just informing me about how one evolves past incarnations and becomes one with the Earthly Plane (Cosmos?).

Satans a bit of a rotter, Jesus said he cripples people and that he's a liar.
So clue me in, what is there about Satan to like, let alone worship?
Do people worship him because they're scared of him or what?

Most Satanists don't worship Satan at all. They don't even believe in Satan. Satan merely represents an opposition to the moralist conception of God and the conformity of the faithful under corrupt religious institutions.