• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Allah Punish a Good Hindu?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
We as muslims can really not answer you because we can only say ''Allah(swt) knows''
He can even save kafir's(disbelievers) if he wants...
People making claims that you have to belief in One-God and then can go to heaven are just illogical in my eyes, because what if the person was never taught in the One-God teaching.

If you can look up for the truth and you are to ''lazy'' or you ''reject'' it then yes you will go to hell, if you cannot look it up or not know anything about it, i really think you will be judged on your deeds, behaviour and what kind of person you made yourself.

What makes one person see the truth of the Quran and another person see it as lies?

F0uad

People forget that each person has hes own ''thoughts'' about it like i said nobody can know...
Who ever tries to judge other has judged himself.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
People forget that each person has hes own ''thoughts'' about it like i said nobody can know...
Who ever tries to judge other has judged himself.

The whole premise though does not make sense to me. If a person doesn't see truth in something, it is because they are ignorant. But your religion tells you that anyone who rejects the Quran will go to hell. This means that either one must see the truth in it and either accept of reject it, or that Allah has unfairly high expectations.

What is your opinion?

F0uad

What makes one person see the truth of the Quran and another person see it as lies?

Like i said before i am simply giving my thoughts about it. If for example someone see's the ''truth'' and rejects it then he will go to hell, if the person doesn't see it as truth then the same judgement will go for the person who never knew about it?

But if you have the possibilities to search for the Truth.. ''Islam'' and your to lazy to do so then you have bought yourself a ticket to hell.

Don't forget this is my opinion about it...

F0uad

The whole premise though does not make sense to me. If a person doesn't see truth in something, it is because they are ignorant. But your religion tells you that anyone who rejects the Quran will go to hell. This means that either one must see the truth in it and either accept of reject it, or that Allah has unfairly high expectations.

What is your opinion?

The Quran says who-ever is brought the truth and reject it will go to hell, not the ''Quran'' because the prophets and people before the ''Quran'' could also have gone to heaven..

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Like i said before i am simply giving my thoughts about it. If for example someone see's the ''truth'' and rejects it then he will go to hell, if the person doesn't see it as truth then the same judgement will go for the person who never knew about it?

But if you have the possibilities to search for the Truth.. ''Islam'' and your to lazy to do so then you have bought yourself a ticket to hell.

Don't forget this is my opinion about it...

Ok thanks. You can ignore the question about your post.

It does not seem that most Muslims agree with you though, unfortunately.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
The Quran says who-ever is brought the truth and reject it will go to hell, not the ''Quran'' because the prophets and people before the ''Quran'' could also have gone to heaven..

Yes but apparently there are verses which tell that once the last Prophet had come then there is no excuse not to accept the Quran. Therefore even Christians and Jews are destined for hell. Actually Eselam provided me with those verses earlier this year. I can't remember which thread though.

F0uad

Yes but apparently there are verses which tell that once the last Prophet had come then there is no excuse not to accept the Quran. Therefore even Christians and Jews are destined for hell. Actually Eselam provided me with those verses earlier this year. I can't remember which thread though.

Maybe its better to quote those verses in there context.
Also many verses can have different interpretations.

Maybe i forgot to mention but if for example you blasphemy is to ''great'' you can go to hell also, i think the Jews and Christians mentioned in the Quran were the ones from that time who were hypocrites not to research and study islam or simply believed what there parents believed.

I would say if someone doesn't do research about Islam or simply belief it made himself a sinner and a disbeliever therefore going to hell, and i would say who ever studies it and does research about it will never see it as a ''lie'' and even if the person is a hardcore sceptical he cannot refuse to see possibilities in it.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe its better to quote those verses in there context.
Also many verses can have different interpretations.

Maybe i forgot to mention but if for example you blasphemy is to ''great'' you can go to hell also, i think the Jews and Christians mentioned in the Quran were the ones from that time who were hypocrites not to research and study islam or simply believed what there parents believed.

But isn't the Quran supposed to be for all people until the end of time? How can this sort of contextual interpretation be possible?

I would say if someone doesn't do research about Islam or simply belief it made himself a sinner and a disbeliever therefore going to hell, and i would say who ever studies it and does research about it will never see it as a ''lie'' and even if the person is a hardcore sceptical he cannot refuse to see possibilities in it.

I think a lot of people would disagree with you and that the only way for you to know if this is true is to be a person who does not see truth in it.

F0uad

But isn't the Quran supposed to be for all people until the end of time? How can this sort of contextual interpretation be possible?
Yes it is, i would say there are no ''Different'' interpretations but people make there own ''different'' interpretations

I think a lot of people would disagree with you and that the only way for you to know if this is true is to be a person who does not see truth in it.
I disagree with you disagreeing, and i would say anyone who looked it up with a open-mind and heart will accept it no matter what but off-course with a context explanation and then talk about how a person like Mohammed(saws) could have made a book like it and look into the possibilities.

Last edited:

nameless

The Creator
We as muslims can really not answer you because we can only say ''Allah(swt) knows''
how can you worship a god when you are unsure whether he is a tyrant or not?
He can even save kafir's(disbelievers) if he wants...
it will be hypocrisy if he attempts for that, because allah already have punished lots of kafirs.
People making claims that you have to belief in One-God and then can go to heaven are just illogical in my eyes, because what if the person was never taught in the One-God teaching.

If you can look up for the truth and you are to ''lazy'' or you ''reject'' it then yes you will go to hell.
what is the logic behind punishing for rejecting 'one-god' teaching?

F0uad

how can you worship a god when you are unsure whether he is a tyrant or not?
Can you clarify?

it will be hypocrisy if he attempts for that, because allah already have punished lots of kafirs.
If you say so.. i would say it would be merciful but not just like i said ''He can do whatever he wants'' even if we disagree... Logic?

what is the logic behind punishing for rejecting 'one-god' teaching?
Again you failed to see my posts I belief that who ever has seen the truth and the rejects it will go to hell and other people will be judged on there deeds or laziness.

nameless

The Creator
Can you clarify?
you said this
"We as muslims can really not answer you because we can only say "Allah(swt) knows" ",

here "allah knows" about what?

If you say so.. i would say it would be merciful but not just like i said ''He can do whatever he wants'' even if we disagree... Logic?

is not allah always the same? why merciful only for a while and also towards only some kafirs? is double standard a good quality?

Again you failed to see my posts I belief that who ever has seen the truth and the rejects it will go to hell and other people will be judged on there deeds or laziness.
i meant exactly the same, whats the logic behind punishing for that?

Last edited:

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes it is, i would say there are no ''Different'' interpretations but people make there own ''different'' interpretations

I am not sure this makes sense. You first said that one has to take the Quran in a particular context, and then that you are not really sure what the real interpretation is because it is just your opinion, but then that there is only one interpretation but at the same time there are many interpretations. Perhaps you mean there is truth but people don't have the full picture to be able to fully understand.

But if the Quran is not clear to a person, how can that person declare beyond doubt that it speaks the truth.

I disagree with you disagreeing, and i would say anyone who looked it up with a open-mind and heart will accept it no matter what but off-course with a context explanation and then talk about how a person like Mohammed(saws) could have made a book like it and look into the possibilities.

Everyone says the same about their religion. How can you know that this is true? A lot of people have studied the Quran with an open mind and decided it isn't truth. A lot of these people do not even feel angry or 'against' the Quran, but simply cannot believe that it is real or logical.

Me Myself

Back to my username

And this is so true for the Qran but not for the Mahabharata, sure :rolleyes:

A-ManESL

There may be a need for some clarifications:

1. Being a Muslim doesnt neccessarily mean being a believer (see Quran 49:14). It just means one has submitted to a path. The word Muslim in fact literally means submitter.

2. Knowledge of God is the ideal that is to be aspired for, and only those who have attained that knowledge by the grace of God (making their efforts according to specified injunctions in certain cases) can declare beyond doubt what is the Truth. However, for another person to understand that truth he also has to attain that state. (Ali RA said “Even if the veil was removed(i.e. Godly knowledge was reduced to rational senses), my faith(i.e. knowledge of God) would not increase.” For him the knowledge of God had become self-evident through supra-rational understanding (as we are told) and he had no need of any logical constructs to support his understanding). Until a person has achieved a sufficiently high level in his supra-rational senses, it is not possible for him to evaluate anything regarding this knowledge appropriately.

3.Reading the Qu'ran with an open mind is okay but that has to be coupled with patience and good deeds. Until 'the heart' (not the physical heart, but the innate divine spirit within) is opened, only a little portion of God's knowledge permeates through.

Regards

F0uad

Nameless your being ridiculous and off the subject so i won't reply on your previous post also i was saying what i ''thought'' and maybe not the general belief of muslims.

I am not sure this makes sense. You first said that one has to take the Quran in a particular context, and then that you are not really sure what the real interpretation is because it is just your opinion, but then that there is only one interpretation but at the same time there are many interpretations. Perhaps you mean there is truth but people don't have the full picture to be able to fully understand.

No your confused i said there is only ONE interpretation meaning.. there is only one meaning behind a verse but that doesn't change the fact that people can have ''different'' interpretations (i hope you understand what i am trying to say)

I would agree with your last sentence.

But if the Quran is not clear to a person, how can that person declare beyond doubt that it speaks the truth.

Like i said the Quran is clear if one is willing to learn?

Everyone says the same about their religion. How can you know that this is true? A lot of people have studied the Quran with an open mind and decided it isn't truth. A lot of these people do not even feel angry or 'against' the Quran, but simply cannot believe that it is real or logical.

I think the poster above me has addressed this

nameless

The Creator
Nameless your being ridiculous and off the subject so i won't reply on your previous post also i was saying what i ''thought'' and maybe not the general belief of muslims.
no problem, would be helpful if you let me know the ridiculous part of my post, so that i can make sure there was no miscommunication.

nameless

The Creator
There may be a need for some clarifications:

1. Being a Muslim doesnt neccessarily mean being a believer (see Quran 49:14). It just means one has submitted to a path. The word Muslim in fact literally means submitter.
A-ManESL, are 'people of the book' also muslims? also those idol-worshippers and polytheists?

Last edited: