• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Allah Punish a Good Hindu?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
look the law of nature was set up by the god as you said, i can agree on that, why not the law to be when the people becomes mad to god and made sins, the god sent them a reminder, i notice that in my life, when i made sins i used to wait bad news after it, why not the law to be like that?

i know that about hinduism but i disagree about that, could i ask you question, you believe that the author of your scriptures is a human not the word of god, right or i'm mistaken?

so you believe that you were another person died and the life returned back to her again?

First of all, sorry for the late reply. I have been very distracted lately.

You asked why god doesn't send us a reminder. First of all, we receive many reminders to do good from many sources in our life. This may be from scripture, for our peers, or wisdom gained from experience. Second of all, you said that when you sin you wait for news of it. Karma is that news. People who do bad things eventually come to realise it. It generally takes a certain amount of negative reactions and experience in order to come to the correct conclusions and wisdom.

Most of the Hindu scriptures are considered to be Divinely inspired and some come directly for a manifestation of God.

As to the last question, yes. You and me are souls. This is our permanent self. The body is a temporary home. It dies, but you don't.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
That ayah is telling people to submit to one God, nowhere does He say you have to be a Muslim in order to do that. Islam is submission to one God...its concept is quite simple; people make it complex by adding words that clearly aren't there.

Yes but doesn't that verify what he was saying? In other words, even if you are a good person, you will be a 'loser in the hereafter' if you do not submit to the One God.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Because Islam believes in the Oneness of God. Having said that, I have no idea why God would punish a good person anyway, but that's just me.

Considering what the punishment supposedly is, why would God wish to punish even a sinful person?
It just seems cruel and unusual.

Many Sages One Truth

The Koran may actually support pluralistic ideas of God if you ask me. It says to God belong the best names in an ayat where it says many people call him by many names. To Allah belongs the best names.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
The Koran may actually support pluralistic ideas of God if you ask me. It says to God belong the best names in an ayat where it says many people call him by many names. To Allah belongs the best names.
Muslims have never been given liberty of interpretation of the Quran. It has been duly interpreted for them by the Hadiths and Sunnah. Like the last prophet, there is nothing beyond the last interpretation. The Quran, in other words, does not speak directly to the Muslims but only through the Hadiths and Sunnah. The Quran-only folks are in a hopeless minority.

P.S. This is an irony. The religion which forbids idols, itself forbids direct access to the Quran.

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
I am sorry, I hope Storm doesn't mind me creating a topic off of the one on one debate she is having with Islam Abdullah. I noticed that she gave a statement that he half answered and half ignored:

Abdullah clarified that bad Muslims will be punished, but said nothing about good Hindus. So I'm just curious, will god punish a good Hindu just because they were a Hindu?

Thoughts?

Qur'an invites every human being, including believers, to reach God itself. to wish to reach God, to want God over this world is what makes people earn heaven. if a Hindu wishes to reach God, he earns heaven. if a Muslim does not wish to reach God, he earns hell. everyone is equal for that matter. nobody's perfect enough to earn heaven on his own. we all have vices. majority of people would not go to heaven without any sin. in other words, if it was up to our good deeds to enter heaven, noone could. only desire to reach God makes people earn heaven. Muslims who believe only Muslims would go to heaven is no different than Christians who believe only Christians would go to heaven. this is not an election that people should vote once for a title and get something eternal in return. you want world? you got it. if you want God, you have heaven. if you do good deeds, you get closer to God. so if you wish to reach God, then it is only natural to intent to do good deeds. because you get closer before reach

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
.lava, why is hell/suffering the only alternative? Why not just keep them on an Earth-like planet?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes but doesn't that verify what he was saying? In other words, even if you are a good person, you will be a 'loser in the hereafter' if you do not submit to the One God.

Considering what the punishment supposedly is, why would God wish to punish even a sinful person?
It just seems cruel and unusual.

Very good questions, Madhuri. I will answer these the best I can when I'm more awake; I'm having trouble sleeping right now, but when I'm rested I'll definitely give it a try.

I will say that I do struggle with and wonder about this as well. :eek:

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Qur'an invites every human being, including believers, to reach God itself. to wish to reach God, to want God over this world is what makes people earn heaven. if a Hindu wishes to reach God, he earns heaven. if a Muslim does not wish to reach God, he earns hell. everyone is equal for that matter. nobody's perfect enough to earn heaven on his own. we all have vices. majority of people would not go to heaven without any sin. in other words, if it was up to our good deeds to enter heaven, noone could. only desire to reach God makes people earn heaven. Muslims who believe only Muslims would go to heaven is no different than Christians who believe only Christians would go to heaven. this is not an election that people should vote once for a title and get something eternal in return. you want world? you got it. if you want God, you have heaven. if you do good deeds, you get closer to God. so if you wish to reach God, then it is only natural to intent to do good deeds. because you get closer before reach

Are you saying that a Hindu too could go to heaven even if he did not believe in Allah or Islam but is a nice guy nevertheless?

nameless

The Creator
if a Muslim does not wish to reach God, he earns hell.

so allah punishes a good person who is irreligious? that is rude in my opinion, a good muslim( or an irreligious person) who has no wish to reach god does not deserve punishment anyway. He should be sent to some neutral place. It is not his fault that he has no interest in being with god, because he was created by the same god in such manner.

Last edited:

DinChild

so allah punishes a good person who is irreligious? that is rude in my opinion, a muslim( or a non-religious person) who has no wish to reach god does not deserve punishment anyway. He should be sent to some neutral place. It is not his fault that he has no interest in being with god.

Doesn't this extend outside of the Muslim faith as well? God (in all his varied interpretations) is one jealous jerk.

.lava

Veteran Member
.lava, why is hell/suffering the only alternative? Why not just keep them on an Earth-like planet?

i don't enjoy any idea of suffering either, Madhuri. but i also believe God knows better than i could ever know.

what i personally percieve is very simple. everything exists with its own opposite. for example vices of ego. each vice falls onto a virtue. i mean, absence of a virtue appears as a vice. if there is lack of love, absence of love is hate. so, absence of anything is another thing. i consider hell as a place where absence of any goodness that comes from God occur

.lava

Veteran Member
so allah punishes a good person who is irreligious? that is rude in my opinion, a good muslim( or an irreligious person) who has no wish to reach god does not deserve punishment anyway. He should be sent to some neutral place. It is not his fault that he has no interest in being with god, because he was created by the same god in such manner.

ALLAH knows, not me. thank you

.lava

Veteran Member
Are you saying that a Hindu too could go to heaven even if he did not believe in Allah or Islam but is a nice guy nevertheless?

anyone who wishes to reach God earns heaven. i am not arguing about titles or names here; just the intention of individual

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
i don't enjoy any idea of suffering either, Madhuri. but i also believe God knows better than i could ever know.

what i personally percieve is very simple. everything exists with its own opposite. for example vices of ego. each vice falls onto a virtue. i mean, absence of a virtue appears as a vice. if there is lack of love, absence of love is hate. so, absence of anything is another thing. i consider hell as a place where absence of any goodness that comes from God occur

Do you really think that the opposite of love is hate? Obviously based on my sig I disagree. I think that hate or born of love. If we do not love, we cannot care enough to hate anything.

If I understand correctly, you associate an unwillingness to believe in God as not being loving or good? So a person must then exist in a place with no love or goodness even though they were a good or loving person?

nameless

The Creator

if there exists only opposites, how do you view our planet earth? on which category it falls in? hell or heaven?

Last edited:

nameless

The Creator
exactly :) i've already shared what i know from Qur'an. there is nothing more to say. if you want more, i could not provide that

infact you very clearly said that in this post

if a Muslim does not wish to reach God, he earns hell.
that who ever does not wish to reach god, regardless of he is good person or not, muslim or non-muslim, he earns hell(for eternal punishment), am i wrong?

Last edited: