• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Allah Punish a Good Hindu?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
The God of my imagination is Beautiful beyond imagination, Kind beyond anyone's sense of kindness can ever reach, and forgiving beyond the reach the reach of crime.

It becomes difficult to conceive of a God that is all kindness and forgiveness and beautiful when He is also considered to be unforgiving and unkind in some instances. That is how many people think of the Abrahamic God, because there are so many stories that show this God to be angry, unforgiving, causing suffering and death, condemning man to eternal hell etc.

How are we to see this concept of God as 'kind beyond anyone's sense of kindness' when so many people cannot conceive of doing anything so nasty?

This is where objections arise, Starsoul. If it is a matter of our misunderstanding, then it is unfortunate that we have not yet heard a clear explanation.

islam abduallah

It becomes difficult to conceive of a God that is all kindness and forgiveness and beautiful when He is also considered to be unforgiving and unkind in some instances. That is how many people think of the Abrahamic God, because there are so many stories that show this God to be angry, unforgiving, causing suffering and death, condemning man to eternal hell etc.

How are we to see this concept of God as 'kind beyond anyone's sense of kindness' when so many people cannot conceive of doing anything so nasty?

This is where objections arise, Starsoul. If it is a matter of our misunderstanding, then it is unfortunate that we have not yet heard a clear explanation.

this misunderstanding is repeated a lot for the non Abrahamic religions followers, but it's simple, Allah is the most merciful, forgiving, and alos he's the wisest
non abrahamic religion follower deny that the god not forgiving sins, and they believe that the god is forgiving all sins,
but indeed when i asked them some questions we couldn't reach a logical answers like:-
1- if the god is forgiving all sins to everybody, why he punished us by earthquackes for example, why did the god send the earthquake to destroy japan?, why there are many poors allover the world, people die because lack of food, why something become expensive for most of the world? why not all of people have the same level of living level, many other questions which non- abrahamic religion followers couldn't answer
2- if there is no hell, i can't call the god by absolute just, because who reward GHADAFI, Hitler by the heaven and punished isn't fair, so where is the victims right? so we will be more just than god
and surly we are not

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
this misunderstanding is repeated a lot for the non Abrahamic religions followers, but it's simple, Allah is the most merciful, forgiving, and alos he's the wisest
non abrahamic religion follower deny that the god not forgiving sins, and they believe that the god is forgiving all sins,
but indeed when i asked them some questions we couldn't reach a logical answers like:-
1- if the god is forgiving all sins to everybody, why he punished us by earthquackes for example, why did the god send the earthquake to destroy japan?, why there are many poors allover the world, people die because lack of food, why something become expensive for most of the world? why not all of people have the same level of living level, many other questions which non- abrahamic religion followers couldn't answer
2- if there is no hell, i can't call the god by absolute just, because who reward GHADAFI, Hitler by the heaven and punished isn't fair, so where is the victims right? so we will be more just than god
and surly we are not

I can only provide the Hindu response to these questions.

I reject the idea that God interferes by causing Earthquakes and tsunamis and famine etc. The laws of nature run the universe, these were set up by God, he does not need to interfere any more. Karma is the law of cause and effect. Everything that happens is the result of actions that occur previously. Everything that happens in nature has an important purpose, allowing for renewal of life.

Our pleasures and suffering are determined by our own past actions, and by each other. They are not sanctioned by God.

The purpose of life, according to Hinduism, is to become enlightened. While we exist in illusion and ignorance, we continuously create action that results in negative consequences to ourselves and others. All of our experiences, life after life, cause us to grow and come closer to understanding God and Self. When we reach the highest understanding, we are no longer subject to illusions (which includes suffering).

People like Hitler are subject to this karma, this law of nature. His own actions and state of consciousness will bring him suffering. But not in hell, in his future life.

Eventually, that individual soul that was once known as Hitler, will be a great personality. But that can only happen if he is given the chance to grow and improve through real life experience that gives him wisdom. Eternal punishment is simply abandoning the individual who, in one lifetime, was not wise enough to understand right from wrong.

In Hinduism, God gives us unlimited chances to become better. In his mercy, he comes to the planet himself, and provides great Masters to help those who want something more than this life of temporary suffering and pleasure. He does not punish or reward us. Our destiny is our own making, and we can remain here in this world forever if we choose, birth after birth.

I think that my idea of God is that he/she is more like a parent than an overlord. A parent has unconditional love for his/her children and will always do what is best for them. So God has established laws that teach us lessons- when we touch the fire, we get hurt. We will continue to get hurt until we learn that we should not touch the fire. But if we're really stupid, and touch the fire again, our parent does not discard us as hopeless. The parent continues to help until we finally learn.

This is Karma, and this is how I perceive God.

islam abduallah

I can only provide the Hindu response to these questions.

I reject the idea that God interferes by causing Earthquakes and tsunamis and famine etc. The laws of nature run the universe, these were set up by God, he does not need to interfere any more. Karma is the law of cause and effect. Everything that happens is the result of actions that occur previously. Everything that happens in nature has an important purpose, allowing for renewal of life.

look the law of nature was set up by the god as you said, i can agree on that, why not the law to be when the people becomes mad to god and made sins, the god sent them a reminder, i notice that in my life, when i made sins i used to wait bad news after it, why not the law to be like that?

The purpose of life, according to Hinduism, is to become enlightened. While we exist in illusion and ignorance, we continuously create action that results in negative consequences to ourselves and others. All of our experiences, life after life, cause us to grow and come closer to understanding God and Self. When we reach the highest understanding, we are no longer subject to illusions (which includes suffering).

Excellent, i can't say no for that :), i just may need to add more

People like Hitler are subject to this karma, this law of nature. His own actions and state of consciousness will bring him suffering. But not in hell, in his future life.

Eventually, that individual soul that was once known as Hitler, will be a great personality. But that can only happen if he is given the chance to grow and improve through real life experience that gives him wisdom. Eternal punishment is simply abandoning the individual who, in one lifetime, was not wise enough to understand right from wrong.

i know that about hinduism but i disagree about that, could i ask you question, you believe that the author of your scriptures is a human not the word of god, right or i'm mistaken?

In Hinduism, God gives us unlimited chances to become better. In his mercy, he comes to the planet himself, and provides great Masters to help those who want something more than this life of temporary suffering and pleasure. He does not punish or reward us. Our destiny is our own making, and we can remain here in this world forever if we choose, birth after birth.
so you believe that you were another person died and the life returned back to her again?

mohammed_beiruti

I am sorry, I hope Storm doesn't mind me creating a topic off of the one on one debate she is having with Islam Abdullah. I noticed that she gave a statement that he half answered and half ignored:

Abdullah clarified that bad Muslims will be punished, but said nothing about good Hindus. So I'm just curious, will god punish a good Hindu just because they were a Hindu?

Thoughts?

what do you mean by good hindu?

let me give you a clue, instead of "Good" and "Bad".

What about "grareful" and "ungrateful"?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
what do you mean by good hindu?

let me give you a clue, instead of "Good" and "Bad".

What about "grareful" and "ungrateful"?
A good Hindu or a good anyone would be a person who does not cause disharmony and is prepared to uphold harmony. Such a person may hold the view, for instance, that the teachings of scriptures other than what he (or she) believes in are unworthy of his acceptance but nevertheless does not go about ridiculing other scriptures or their followers even as he is fearless in putting across his views in a most cultured way. Since a judgement on whether a person is good or bad has to take into consideration that person's motive and circumstances, a perfect judgement can only come from whom we call God. Since God is not visibly at hand, we often leave such judgements to the courts or popular perception.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course Allah would punish a good Hindu. If you're not Islamic, you get punished... plain and simple. Of course this is just my understanding of Islam, a religion I have no faith in.

Can you back this statement with proof please?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Can you back this statement with proof please?
Would the statement in the Quran [3:85] "And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter" be counted as proof by you?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Would the statement in the Quran [3:85] "And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter" be counted as proof by you?

That ayah is telling people to submit to one God, nowhere does He say you have to be a Muslim in order to do that. Islam is submission to one God...its concept is quite simple; people make it complex by adding words that clearly aren't there.

nameless

The Creator
That ayah is telling people to submit to one God, nowhere does He say you have to be a Muslim in order to do that. Islam is submission to one God...its concept is quite simple; people make it complex by adding words that clearly aren't there.
why worship of multiple gods and idols are sins? why there is punishment for that?
And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah)
what are the 'religions' other than surrender ?

Last edited:

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Why do you use the phrase "one God" instead of simply saying God?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Why do you use the phrase "one God" instead of simply saying God?

Because Islam believes in the Oneness of God. Having said that, I have no idea why God would punish a good person anyway, but that's just me.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What does Islam mean by "Oneness of God"?

That there is only one God.

I too have no idea why God would punish a good person. Maybe it is only Allah who does it?

Allah and God are interchangeable terms. The Christian version of God says the same thing:

(One of the Commandments) "You shall not have no other gods before me."

Exodus 20:3

"Serve Allah (God), and join not any partners with Him"...

Quran 4:36

"Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me."

Isaiah 46:9

..."there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things)."

Quran 42:11

"I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God."

Isaiah 45:5
"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only...He begets not, nor is He begotten"...

Quran 112:1-3

Still don't know why God/Allah will punish a good person.

Starsoul

Truth
Just a side note: In the Ancient gospels , the word used for the now christian God, in hebrew was also Allah. And in ancient torah scriptures, in hebrew the word Illahim was referred to as god( illahim has the same roots as the word Allah)

Allah in the Jewish Bible

Starsoul

Truth
Is God a countable object?

If Allah and God are interchangeable, is the Bible and Quran also interchangeable?

Allah and god are not interchangeable, 'cause the word god has an entirely different etymology than the word Allah. E.g, god can be gods and goddesses, whereas Allah is an essentially singular word which can never have a plural, or have any gender, it is a specific word which is only used for a specific purpose, i.e to define Allah.

And No to the second question too. If the word Allah and god are not interchangeable, how can then the bible and Quran be inter-changeable? Quran exists in its original text, original language, no amount of translations can illustrate what the actual word of Allah can.

We do have to take it bit by bit in examining, in order to understand it in translation in our own languages, but to appreciate the actual word of Allah, it is mandatory to be familiar with the language.

Just like a layman or somebody who knows little english, cannot appreciate the work of shakespear; one who doesn't know even a bit of Arabic is unable to analyze the beauty of the word of Allah. Translations might get the message across, but for inspiration, knowing the actual language is a basic requirement.

( In arabic words are like consonants, and most consonants can be pronounced in more than several of ways, each having an entirely different meaning, it is a very vast language , and very deep in implication, must say a thoroughly literal experience to enjoy along with higher learning.)

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Just like a layman or somebody who knows little english, cannot appreciate the work of shakespear; one who doesn't know even a bit of Arabic is unable to analyze the beauty of the word of Allah.
True. But there are many languages in which the native speakers can appreciate the beauty of literature. For example, I might not know English to appreciate Shakespeare, but if I know Sanskrit I can appreciate Kalidas, who, people who know both languages say, is no less than Shakespeare. Similarly, Arabic, Quran and Allah are to do with Islam. Why can't what a Muslim gains through Islam be gained by me through Hinduism, which has Sanskrit, Veda and Ishwar as corresponding to Arabic, Quran and Allah?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Allah and god are not interchangeable, 'cause the word god has an entirely different etymology than the word Allah. E.g, god can be gods and goddesses, whereas Allah is an essentially singular word which can never have a plural, or have any gender, it is a specific word which is only used for a specific purpose, i.e to define Allah.
Is Allah a name by which human’s call Him or is it a name He has given Himself?