• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women need to start boycotting sports

Argentbear

Reports claim that the 25-year-old Algerian is a woman with DSD.
What reports?
"DSD stands for Differences of Sexual Development, which is a set of conditions that involve reproductive organs and hormones. In certain cases, women with DSD have XY chromosomes, which is the case for Khelif.

Khelif, along with Lin Yu-Ting, were disqualified from the 2023 World Championships in New Delhi because they did not meet the eligibility criteria to compete in the women's tournament."

Is controversial boxer Imane Khelif biologically male? All about the Algerian amid reports debunking viral theory
what was this criteria?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Reports claim that the 25-year-old Algerian is a woman with DSD.

"DSD stands for Differences of Sexual Development, which is a set of conditions that involve reproductive organs and hormones. In certain cases, women with DSD have XY chromosomes, which is the case for Khelif.

Khelif, along with Lin Yu-Ting, were disqualified from the 2023 World Championships in New Delhi because they did not meet the eligibility criteria to compete in the women's tournament."

Is controversial boxer Imane Khelif biologically male? All about the Algerian amid reports debunking viral theory
Well, I do feel sorry for her but oh well, I'm not in charge of anything significant.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
what was her level at the 2023 world championships?
I don't remember but it was too high.
https://www.webmhttps://www.verywellhealth.com/do-women-have-testosterone-7563176#:~:text=The%20short%20answer%20is%20yes.%20Women%E2%80%99s%20ovaries,produce%20testosterone%2C%20but%20at%20lower%20levels%20than%20men.d.com/a-to-z-guides/testosterone-test

We Never Know

No Slack
Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Okay, I had to check out the terminology that the Olympics use and it appears that these athletes are subjects of Swyer Syndrome:

They often develop vaginas and even a working uterus, but they have no ovaries. Instead their testes are in roughly that location.

'People with Swyer syndrome have female external genitalia and some female internal reproductive structures. These individuals usually have a uterus and fallopian tubes, but their gonads (ovaries or testes) are not functional. Instead, the gonads are small and underdeveloped and contain little gonadal tissue. These structures are called streak gonads. The streak gonadal tissue is at risk of developing cancer that is often hard-to-detect, so it is usually removed surgically. Swyer syndrome is also called 46,XY complete gonadal dysgenesis; the medical term “dysgenesis” means "abnormal development." '

So demands that these athletes strip to be called "woman" would not change anything. They would still look just like other women, at least down below. I do not think that these individuals had their internal testes removed and that is likely the source of their high testosterone levels.

The question is "what is fair"?

We Never Know

No Slack
Okay, I had to check out the terminology that the Olympics use and it appears that these athletes are subjects of Swyer Syndrome:

They often develop vaginas and even a working uterus, but they have no ovaries. Instead their testes are in roughly that location.

'People with Swyer syndrome have female external genitalia and some female internal reproductive structures. These individuals usually have a uterus and fallopian tubes, but their gonads (ovaries or testes) are not functional. Instead, the gonads are small and underdeveloped and contain little gonadal tissue. These structures are called streak gonads. The streak gonadal tissue is at risk of developing cancer that is often hard-to-detect, so it is usually removed surgically. Swyer syndrome is also called 46,XY complete gonadal dysgenesis; the medical term “dysgenesis” means "abnormal development." '

So demands that these athletes strip to be called "woman" would not change anything. They would still look just like other women, at least down below. I do not think that these individuals had their internal testes removed and that is likely the source of their high testosterone levels.

The question is "what is fair"?

DSD aka Differences of Sexual Development

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
DSD aka Differences of Sexual Development

That covers quite a few different disorders. I do believe that one of your earlier sources mentioned that it was "46 XY' DSD. From the article that you just posted:

"

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
If she wants to compete against women, she only needs to do one thing: taking a hormonal therapy, so she gains the hormonal levels that are compatible with those of the other women.

I respect this lady...but it is about fairness.
Hormonal therapy does not reverse the effects of testosterone. Such individuals still have greater strength, larger lungs, larger hearts, more hemoglobin, are taller, have longer limbs, and more.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

IndigoChild5559

IndigoChild5559

Can you find something we outside the US can access?
And something which at least mentions the source of the claim and not just the claim?
Is there some reason you cannot access that article?

If you are genuinely having problems, simply google "olympics boxing 'male chromosomes' " Plenty of options will come up.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Is there some reason you cannot access that article?

If you are genuinely having problems, simply google "olympics boxing 'male chromosomes' " Plenty of options will come up.

EU-rules I guess. And it is not an article, it is a video.
Now you made the claim, so you find the source of the claim.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Hormonal therapy does not reverse the effects of testosterone. Such individuals still have greater strength, larger lungs, larger hearts, more hemoglobin, are taller, have longer limbs, and more.
That's for sure, that's why I said in my very first post that there should be a separate category.

But we are even beyond that. It's also about a hormone levels that are not compatible with the average biological woman.