• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women need to start boycotting sports

We Never Know

No Slack
From the pictures I've seen there didn't seem to be a big difference, other than the Argentinian does have bigger shoulders.
Andre was different case. It took a guy (Hogan) who had a roid body for Andre to have an opponent who didn't look as small as everybody else.
Good thing bigger shoulders don't give one an advantage :rolleyes:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Yes, she is a cis woman. Also I can find nothing about her chromosomes.
Then you are not looking very hard. A google search easily turns up multiple sources. Here are a few:

IBA President Umar Krevlev told Russian state media that it was “proven they have XY chromosomes

Khelif reportedly has differences of sexual development, known as DSDs, the organizations said in a Fact Sheet released Friday.

The biological profile of Khelif depicts a complex scenario. She has differences of sex development (DSD), a condition where she was born a woman and identifies as such. Her increased testosterone levels and XY chromosomes—characteristics commonly associated with male athletes—are the outcome of this disorder.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Yes, she is a cis woman.
Again, if she has XY chromosomes, she is not a cis woman. A cis woman has three things all lined up as female: chromosomes, genitalia and secondary sex characteristics, and brain wiring. She doesn't fit the bill.

She is intersexed. Not everyone fits neatly into the two usual boxes.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Then you are not looking very hard. A google search easily turns up multiple sources. Here are a few:

IBA President Umar Krevlev told Russian state media that it was “proven they have XY chromosomes

Khelif reportedly has differences of sexual development, known as DSDs, the organizations said in a Fact Sheet released Friday.

The biological profile of Khelif depicts a complex scenario. She has differences of sex development (DSD), a condition where she was born a woman and identifies as such. Her increased testosterone levels and XY chromosomes—characteristics commonly associated with male athletes—are the outcome of this disorder.

From that article:
"...
In the face of backlash over Khelif's 2024 win, the IBA stood by its decision to disqualify the boxers over two "trustworthy" and "independent" tests, though they did not disclose what the tests were. The Washington Post reported IBA president claimed they were disqualified over finding XY chromosomes.
..."

GoodAttention

From that article:
"...
In the face of backlash over Khelif's 2024 win, the IBA stood by its decision to disqualify the boxers over two "trustworthy" and "independent" tests, though they did not disclose what the tests were. The Washington Post reported IBA president claimed they were disqualified over finding XY chromosomes.
..."

The IOC is right to ban the IBA from the games and also question the integrity of banning a person based on sex chromosomes alone.

GoodAttention

AFAIK there are. There would be additional test to establish whether or not the DSD condition is one associated with male puberty such as:

Apologies, I am not making myself clear. By criteria I mean how does a person's genetic or sexual identity come into question in the first place.

It is worth noting that neither of them challenged the decision in court.

Although the IBA doesn't have specific regulations regarding DSD, the case involving Caster Semenya unfortunately set somewhat of a precedent, given she challenged the IAAF regulations in the Court of Arbitration and lost.

Last edited:

wellwisher

I have been around since the beginning the modern women's liberation, where women began to push the narrative that women can do anything a man can do. However, the way that was promoted by Liberalism, was to dumb down the men with handicaps and reverse discrimination, instead of compete fair and square. If gals wanted to be policemen or firefighters, the Liberals created a lower physical fitness standard, so the women could appear equal. Now with transexual being pushed by Liberalism, a wild card has been added, allowing a way for men to compete at full their natural level, and not have the PC dumbed down handicap, to fulfill the same as men narrative.

This raises the question, is sports the only place men and women are not the same and there should be two leagues. If men were allowed to go all out, such as more intense physical fitness standard for police and firefighters; supply and demand, would the woman also get hurt and need to have their own categories in these formerly all men jobs, like we need in sports?

Presidential Candidate Harris, a woman, is getting so much slack for the tough job she is seeking. Smiling for the camera and hugging is not exactly the core job of a President; dumb down of the job. Compare her treatment to the Trump treatment, who is a man. Is there an artificial wall of dumb down, where Trump, in a figurative sense, is not allowed to hit the girl, while the girl is claiming to be equal, yet has a totally different treatment and standard? The VP job was dumbed down the last four years to create an illusion. If Trump claimed to be a trans gender women, would the Liberal press allow him to fight all out and support him in the Presidential Olympics, even he hurts the girl?

In sports we see what happens when they men and women compete in a rough sport. Men get to play by men's rules, with the men not having to tie one hand behind their back to create an illusion of equal. All I am doing is extrapolating. If we get enough trans women will they get all the fireman and police jobs ahead of the natural women, etc., since men have natural physical advantages, with trans are not under the rules of the male dumb down. This issue if extrapolated has the capacity to reverse the liberal dumb down of men, so men can be men, an the nation restored. We may have come full circle.

In the old days men and women jobs were segregated by natural limits and abilities and not by a fake Liberal dumb down standards. This is why women were never drafted for military service and the men were not dumbed down like we have today; secret service debacle. Many of the young women now see this, with sport the first domino to fall. Reality acceptance of natural is a much happier and safer place.

Although the IBA doesn't have specific regulations regarding DSD, the case involving Caster Semenya unfortunately set somewhat of a precedent, given she challenged the IAAF regulations in the Court of Arbitration and lost.

And she had a male DSD and had undergone male puberty, although had been raised and still identified as a woman.

Many people with the same condition will be raised as girls then when they hit puberty start identifying with their biological sex.

CS was challenging the requirement to lower her testosterone iirc

Boxing rules were stricter and people with the same condition would not be allowed to compete at all.

Apologies, I am not making myself clear. By criteria I mean how does a person's genetic or sexual identity come into question in the first place.

IBA rules said people can be tested randomly or targeted.

Similar to doping controls.

Initially it would be a cheek swab

GoodAttention

And she had a male DSD and had undergone male puberty, although had been raised and still identified as a woman.

Many people with the same condition will be raised as girls then when they hit puberty start identifying with their biological sex.
The IBA doesn't consider any of this.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) ruled that she had infringed the Differences of Sex Development (DSD) Regulations established by World Athletics (formerly known as the International Association of Athletics Federations, IAAF). Consequently, she received a permanent ban from competing in female athletic events. (Googled Semenya v Switzerland).

She then challenged the requirement that she had to lower her testosterone to compete.

The fact that it is similar to doping controls is what makes the IBA rules unethical. This is what the IOC is standing firm against.

The IBA defines a woman as a person with XX chromosomes, hence why the will only test for sex chromosomes.

We Never Know

No Slack

Boxing rules were stricter and people with the same condition would not be allowed to compete at all.

The IBA doesn't have anything to do with the Olympics. The IOC banned them.

As for the IOC olympics requirements,

"Khelif was assigned female at birth, as stated on her passport, according to the Associated Press. That is the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) threshold for eligibility for boxing"

The IBA doesn't have anything to do with the Olympics. The IOC banned them.

As for the IOC olympics requirements,

"Khelif was assigned female at birth, as stated on her passport, according to the Associated Press. That is the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) threshold for eligibility for boxing"

I understand that the IOC uses legal gender rather than sex as the test of eligibility.

They favour inclusion over safety and fairness. There is no balancing act between these.

They should just be open and honest about the fact they are accepting increased risks by allowing competitors who have undergone male puberty.