• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women need to start boycotting sports

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
But that doesn't make them transgender.
I never EVER said they were transgender. My opening post quite specifically said that they had male chromosomes.

I then expanded the discussion to include transgender women because they ALSO have male chromosomes.

But as for the boxer, no I did NOT say they were transgender.

GoodAttention

Hormonal therapy does not reverse the effects of testosterone. Such individuals still have greater strength, larger lungs, larger hearts, more hemoglobin, are taller, have longer limbs, and more.

All of these can be measured.

If a person was within, say, the 80th percentile amongst women for everything you have mentioned can they compete?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Transgender topics are not normally political ones. However, the specific topic of those who are biologically male competing against females is indeed a political topic.
Yes I understand, but it's not about transgender, she born female, and still female.

Whatever it's surprise me how after 3 hits, the italian decided to giveup!

Box is not cute sport, and not for models.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I never EVER said they were transgender. My opening post quite specifically said that they had male chromosomes.

I then expanded the discussion to include transgender women because they ALSO have male chromosomes.

But as for the boxer, no I did NOT say they were transgender.

You still haven't given a source for who did the test for the boxer?

Edit: Can you do better than this one?

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

She has DSD. She's still a biological female, albeit one with highly uncommon physical characteristics for a woman. There could be a discussion around the competition of women with DSD against other women in boxing without the demonization and the misidentification of the former as biological males or "cheating males," which they are not.

We Never Know

No Slack
She has DSD. She's still a biological female, albeit one with highly uncommon physical characteristics for a woman. There could be a discussion around the competition of women with DSD against other women in boxing without the demonization and the misidentification of the former as biological males or "cheating males," which they are not.

Andre Rene Roussimoff aka Andre the Giant was 6' 3" and weighed 200 pounds when he was 11 to 12 years old.

Would it be fair to put him in mighty might football with other 11 year old kids of normal size(average around 4' 6" and 80 lbs)? IMO no.

There are some people who aren't the norm and will dominate their peers because of birth/physical issues. With Andre his gigantism was due to his pituitary gland producing too much growth hormone.

Its up to society to realize this and make the right decisions on what's fair to everyone. But that's my opinion.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
For the record, Miss Carini is a policewoman, a professional and a very serious person.
I see her pictures,I thought she model.

I have no doubt she exaggerated, and pretending, to become more famous by victimising her self.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Andre Rene Roussimoff aka Andre the Giant was 6' 3" and weighed 200 pounds when he was 11 to 12 years old.

Would it be fair to put him in mighty might football with other 11 year old kids of normal size(average around 4' 6" and 80 lbs)? IMO no.

There are some people who aren't the norm and will dominate their peers because of birth/physical issues. With Andre his gigantism was due to his pituitary gland producing too much growth hormone.

Its up to society to realize this and make the right decisions on what's fair to everyone. But that's my opinion.

Sports are not fair.

We Never Know

No Slack
Sports are not fair.
They try to make them fair as possible.
They don't pit men against women in things such as weight lifting.
They don't pit feather weights against heavy weights in things such as boxing.
They don't pit the mighty mite football team against the varsity high football team.
Etc etc.

And yes I mean pit, not put.

Pit:
to cause (someone or something) to fight or compete against (another person or thing

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I see her pictures,I thought she model.

I have no doubt she exaggerated, and pretending, to become more famous by victimising her self.
She did get hurt.
Her body and her hands are much bigger and more powerful.

boxing angela carini - YouTube - Google Chrome 01_08_2024 23_34_49.png

Koldo

Outstanding Member
They try to make them fair as possible.

They don't. There are protected groups that get preferential treatment: women and children/teenagers. You are mistaking that for trying to make things fair.

There are many other well known factors that heavily influence the outcome (such as height), and that are simply ignored. If fairness was the goal, why does that happen?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Forcing women in sports to compete against biological males is not right. Males are not only stronger, but they have thicker bones, larger hearts, larger lungs, greater hemoglobin levels, and are taller and have longer limbs. There is no way that the best women can compete against the best men.

I think body weight is more of a factor, and I would hate to see discrimination against trans.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
She did get hurt.

View attachment 95075
I think boxing is not feminine sport. Because it's violence.
I feel that Italian boxer exaggerated and pretending.

For sure it's planned,
Because Imane already had problem last year, box disqualified her last year, by same reason.

Also
I do believe also it's political too.

Yes, Imane not a woman, she is super woman. To face all these Western media harrassement and mocking and people against her, by winning on pitch.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

From the pictures I've seen there didn't seem to be a big difference, other than the Argentinian does have bigger shoulders.
Andre was different case. It took a guy (Hogan) who had a roid body for Andre to have an opponent who didn't look as small as everybody else.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
She did get hurt.

View attachment 95075
Italian boxer Angela Carini, who abandoned her Olympic bout against Algeria's Imane Khelif inside 46 seconds, says she "wants to apologise" to her opponent for how she handled the moments after the fight.

I think lot of people owe Khelif an apology.