• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women need to start boycotting sports

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
@Debater Slayer
Actually I don't understand, why this thread in politics section.
Is about politics in sport ?

I can't answer on behalf of the OP, but in general, trans-related issues have become widely politicized in some countries, especially the US. I wouldn't put a thread about this specific story in a political forum, though.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I think if she was transgender, the Western media would make her like international hero.

I doubt it; I think only a subset of Western media would. Many Western media outlets have criticized trans women's participation in women's sports, and there are already many conservative-leaning ones currently attacking Imane Khelif under the false assumption that she's a trans woman.

Argentbear

Riley Gaines is one of the victims.

Gaines tied for 8th place with Lia Thomas in a competition. If Thomas had not been there Gains would have still lost miserably. She has since earned millions speaking to hate groups and promoting discrimination. SHe isn't a viaticum she is just a nasty human being.

Argentbear

From your link: "Testosterone is not a perfect test. Many women can have testosterone which is in what would be called 'male levels' and still be women, still compete as women," he said.
"This idea that suddenly you do one test for testosterone and that sorts everything out -- not the case, I'm afraid," he added.
"I hope we're all agreed that we're not calling for people to go back to the bad old days of sex testing, which was a terrible thing to do."

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Gaines tied for 8th place with Lia Thomas in a competition. If Thomas had not been there Gains would have still lost miserably. She has since earned millions speaking to hate groups and promoting discrimination. SHe isn't a viaticum she is just a nasty human being.
I think it's unfair that a biological male competes against biological women.
Mrs. Gaines has a point.

Especially if they used to be some big, straight man the day before. :)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think it is unfair to say bigoted things like this about anyone.
I believe in fairness. Fairness and equal terms are things I value.
I don't think it's a fair competition.

And by the way, as I said in my previous posts, there should be a specific category. This is fair.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Nah. I've seen some women who could definitely beat a man to death. My sister is one of them.

You know both men and women come in all shapes and forms, right? Not every man is a big tough strapping muscleman and not every women has giant breasts and hips.
Not when your dealing with world class athletics. A man will wipe the floor with a woman.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
This woman is a boxer. She has breasts and hips.
It's a matter of hormonal levels.
It's about fairness.

Ellis_Rashida_qualified_1440x810.jpg
1000024280.jpg
1000024282.jpg
1000024281.jpg
1000024279.jpg

Sorry disorder pages.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm personally against allowing athletes who were born male to compete in women's competitions, but according to some sources that's not what's going on here:

"Khelif is not a transgender athlete.

She was born female but has a disorder of sex development (DSD) that results in XY chromosomes and testosterone levels similar to those of male athletes".

*Edit: looks like @Godobeyer beat me to it: Algeria boxer female ,showup hypocrisy about calling to equal gender,and must mixed sport.

*Edit edit: looks like @Godobeyer and @Debater Slayer beat me to it. :p

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm personally against allowing athletes who were born male to compete in women's competitions, but according to some sources that's not what's going on here:

"Khelif is not a transgender athlete.

She was born female but has a disorder of sex development (DSD) that results in XY chromosomes and testosterone levels similar to those of male athletes".

Yep, and the idea that a trans athlete would be allowed by the Algerian state to represent them is remarkably uninformed to begin with. I mentioned this in my earlier posts:

Imane Khelif is a biological female and has always competed as a woman. She is not trans and certainly not a biological male, and being trans is, as far as I know, not recognized by Algerian law in the first place. She would not even be able to represent Algeria if she were trans. She is and has always been a biological female.

The anti-trans vitriol and histrionics wafting out of US politics and media (but also those of some other countries, even if not as visibly) have become utterly blind and indiscriminate in their venom. The only misogyny I see in Imane Khelif's situation is the vicious barrage of attacks on her, a biological female, by segments of the media just because she looks masculine to some.

Imane Khelif is a biological female and wouldn't be allowed to participate under the Algerian flag in the first place if she were trans, as the Algerian state and society wouldn't allow that.

The amount of dehumanizing and ill-thought-out inaccuracy in the media about this woman is absolutely astounding and disgraceful. American politics has increasingly become a plague infecting discourse in other countries.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Don't be obtuse. You know exactly why it's in the politics section, and why you're participating in it.
I am trying hard to understand Western culture ,that's why I asked.
because in my culture this subject had no clue in political section.
it's sport section,so I made my thread about this suject in sport section before this one.

We Never Know

No Slack
In looking up this story I found that Algerian boxer Imane Khelif who also competed the Tokyo Olympics is not trans and is not intersexed. There are unsubstantiated reports of Khelif having a Y chromosome but they remain unsubstantiated. She is a she. She was assigned female at birth, she has internal and external female reproductive organs. Conservative media is doing what it does best, fear mongering and being lets say less than honest about the situation

Reports claim that the 25-year-old Algerian is a woman with DSD.

"DSD stands for Differences of Sexual Development, which is a set of conditions that involve reproductive organs and hormones. In certain cases, women with DSD have XY chromosomes, which is the case for Khelif.

Khelif, along with Lin Yu-Ting, were disqualified from the 2023 World Championships in New Delhi because they did not meet the eligibility criteria to compete in the women's tournament."

Is controversial boxer Imane Khelif biologically male? All about the Algerian amid reports debunking viral theory