• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worlds richest woman makes case for 2 dollar a day pay.

Music

My first instinct was to hate this person. But then I realized we are all the same ...and if we were as wealthy, then we'd perhaps adopt the same attitude toward the common man.

Alceste

Vagabond
Just a sobering thought: when thinking just how many people would give anything for a two dollar a day income, it makes you think just how much most of us really need to survive when others are surely barely scarping by.

She could afford to give every living human on the planet two dollars and still have four billion dollars left over. Not that that would change anything. Our economic system is set up to funnel everything to the top. She have it back sooner or later.

My first instinct was to hate this person. But then I realized we are all the same ...and if we were as wealthy, then we'd perhaps adopt the same attitude toward the common man.

Absolutely not. I'm insulted that you would even think this. There are wealthy philanthropists, FYI. There are some seriously rich folks who take their opportunity to make a positive difference in the world quite seriously.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is best to keep philanthropy private. Maybe that is what many do and they are looked down upon for it.

Alceste

Vagabond
It is best to keep philanthropy private. Maybe that is what many do and they are looked down upon for it.

A woman who thinks the poorest people in her country should earn lower wages so she can make more money, faster, when she already has more money than any other woman in the world and doubled her net worth last year, does not have the soul of a philanthropist.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Given how successful my real estate business is lately, $2/day doesn't sound too bad.
And if I get off me arsch & stopped drinking, maybe I'd get a raise.

Alceste

Vagabond
Welcome to the Dark Ages.

I think he meant that he assumes she's very generous and active in bettering the world, but that she's too humble to let anyone know. Some of your fellow Americans are utterly unable to conceive of the possibility that a rich person might just be exactly the ruthless, greedy, hateful cow she appears to be, with no hidden depths of great virtue. I blame Ayn Rand.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Ayn Rand never got into an argument she couldn't win. Except, perhaps, with herself".

credit goes to Google! LOL

Nope I'm she and I mean why assume the worst about a person? I have no opinion about whether she practices giving or not. Like I said, I haven't got enough evidence.

I hope she sees me attempting defense for her and sends me a couple mil

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nope I'm she and I mean why assume the worst about a person?
A revolting ode to seeing only the worst in those different

When some are attacked by the pious,
they're startled, imploring "Oh, why us?"
Cuz it's fun to be snide
to the opposite side.
Their evil confirms people's bias.

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
An ode to Gina

said gina, " it would give me pleasure
if the poor had much less time for leisure
please lower their wages
and employment ages
so that I can add to my treasure"

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Good effort with the story line, & it's a clever follow up because it manifests my theme.
But I recommend that you continue the amphibrachic meter of your first line.
Notice how it sounds better than the others?
Some useful info....
How to Write a Limerick: 9 Tips - wikiHow
These tips are a good guide for a start, but they are not set in stone.
Bend some rules & go with what works.
No need to thank me....I live to serve.

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
Good effort with the story line, & it's a clever follow up because it manifests my theme.
But I recommend that you continue the amphibrachic meter of your first line.
Notice how it sounds better than the others?
Some useful info....
How to Write a Limerick: 9 Tips - wikiHow
These tips are a good guide for a start, but they are not set in stone.
Bend some rules & go with what works.

You must be emphasizing the wrong syllables with your odd Revoltistan accent. The meter sounds fine in Canadian.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
How does she expect anyone to become wealthy if they are only being paid $2 a day???

Can we export her?

Alceste

Vagabond
How does she expect anyone to become wealthy if they are only being paid $2 a day???

Can we export her?

She doesn't. She expects them to work harder so she can make more money and stay poor so all the profits from their labour can go into her pocket faster.

MD

qualiaphile
When I see this :

image.axd

10133090-private-jets-vip.jpg

And then I see this :

110331_jobless_hmed_0800p.grid-6x2.jpg
\

AP090310056883_povertyAmerica.jpg

It's only a matter of time before we have this

Lenin_Masses_Agitator_500.jpg

The rich owe the masses, not the other way around!

Last edited:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
There are some seriously rich folks who take their opportunity to make a positive difference in the world quite seriously.

Gina Rhinehart has invested time and money into quite a few philanthropic organizations and her humanitarian efforts have involved travel abroad as well.

International Women's Day (Western Australia) | Inductees 2011 - Gina Rinehart, businesswoman and philanthropist
http://blogs.theage.com.au/business/executivestyle/managementline/archives/brw2906p028-031.pdf
GiveNow News — givenow.com.au
Gina Rinehart - eNotes.com Reference

Working for a non-profit, there are those who give anonymously, so as not to be troubled with solicitations and publicity. In-kind donations have also been provided anonymously.

Alceste

Vagabond
Gina Rhinehart has invested time and money into quite a few philanthropic organizations and her humanitarian efforts have involved travel abroad as well.

International Women's Day (Western Australia) | Inductees 2011 - Gina Rinehart, businesswoman and philanthropist
http://blogs.theage.com.au/business/executivestyle/managementline/archives/brw2906p028-031.pdf
GiveNow News — givenow.com.au
Gina Rinehart - eNotes.com Reference

Working for a non-profit, there are those who give anonymously, so as not to be troubled with solicitations and publicity. In-kind donations have also been provided anonymously.

She's still scum. Did you read what the conditions in African mines are actually like? She describes starvation wages for child labour with no safety standards as "wanting to work and being willing to do it for two dollars a day". No mention of the fact they are doing that with armed men standing guard over them with assault rifles and massacring them when they try to get a raise. No mention of the fact there is no safety net, so it's "let some of your kids get heavy metal poisoning or let your whole family starve to death."

A few bucks here and there can not make up for the damage she wants to do to the Australian economy by kicking the poor in the balls so she can make more money, faster, and holding up Africa as a model for the mining industry to aspire to is outrageous.