• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst film of all time?

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
:yes:

In the movie, gone in sixty second's THAT is the movie were she really look's like him.

Ugh, god she looks like an albino Predator in that movie. I too, find her hideous. The shape of her head resembles Eric Stoltz in Mask.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Theres a category. So bad it's good. :0)

I like to add The Gods Must be Crazy.

It's terrible yet a great film. To this day i still can't decide.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
The sequels weren't as good, but The Village (2004) was horrible. After that, I haven't seen any more of his movies.

That movie was SO disappointing. It's such an interesting premise, too.

I will admit the final chase scene did scare me at the time, but the rest of the movie was just so... forced. (Especially that awful, awful, AWFUL dialogue). Even in hindsight, that final chase scene is just all over the place.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Funny how mainstream movies keep getting mentioned, as if the real shlock of the film industry (Birdemic, everything on MST3K, anything Roger Corman has directed, the various sword-and-sandle/barbarian movies of the 70s and 80s) are hardly getting mentioned.

Trust me; with only a few exceptions, I'd rather watch every mainstream movie mentioned here than most of that shlock without a decent riff to go along with it.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Funny how mainstream movies keep getting mentioned, as if the real shlock of the film industry (Birdemic, everything on MST3K, anything Roger Corman has directed, the various sword-and-sandle/barbarian movies of the 70s and 80s) are hardly getting mentioned.

Trust me; with only a few exceptions, I'd rather watch every mainstream movie mentioned here than most of that shlock without a decent riff to go along with it.

That was kinda my point before, given that many films that are out there have a team of people well-versed in the craft. Some slip ups, some inconsistencies, some poor plot/script/direction/editing/and-so-on....but that many times it's a recognition of what people just don't really care for and falls under a certain aesthetic or taste.

I mean, when I read that "Crash" is considered the WORST FILM OF ALL TIME, I wonder just how many truly bad movies they've seen. Seriously, "Crash" worse than "Plan 9 from Outer Space"? Seriously?

But, apparently that's not the game being played here. It's all personal taste. Which is why I ripped on "Passion of the Christ" instead of "Plan 9" to blend in with everyone else. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That was kinda my point before, given that many films that are out there have a team of people well-versed in the craft. Some slip ups, some inconsistencies, some poor plot/script/direction/editing/and-so-on....but that many times it's a recognition of what people just don't really care for and falls under a certain aesthetic or taste.

I mean, when I read that "Crash" is considered the WORST FILM OF ALL TIME, I wonder just how many truly bad movies they've seen. Seriously, "Crash" worse than "Plan 9 from Outer Space"? Seriously?

But, apparently that's not the game being played here. It's all personal taste. Which is why I ripped on "Passion of the Christ" instead of "Plan 9" to blend in with everyone else. ;)
The criteria for the "worst" will vary from person to person.
Crash had higher aspirations than Plan 9 From Outer Space, & was also far more painful to watch (for me).

I also remember Pia Zadora's "The Lonely Lady", which was really bad, albeit enjoyably bad.

Titanic

I challenge you to watch Cannibal Holocaust

Titanic

I challenge you to watch Cannibal Holocaust

Titanic

Never heard of it. What's it about?

Well to put it simple, it's about a bunch of real savages killing a film crew and it is really gruesome and disgusting. A mainstream film that is truly one of the worst film's ever made if not the worst.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Well to put it simple, it's about a bunch of real savages killing a film crew and it is really gruesome and disgusting. A mainstream film that is truly one of the worst film's ever made if not the worst.

Sounds juvenile and exploitive, but not exactly the kind of thing I'd regard as "worst", especially considering some of the shlock I've seen.

Besides, I think I already have an idea of a movie you'd regard as the "worst", based on what movie you regard as "best."

Ever hear of the Nostalgia Critic?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
My husband and I watched this early 60s movie about spider people. It was so stupid it was funny. I can't remember the title, only that it was on during the Halloween season. Actually I think the title may have been Spider Babies or something.

Titanic

Sounds juvenile and exploitive, but not exactly the kind of thing I'd regard as "worst", especially considering some of the shlock I've seen.

Besides, I think I already have an idea of a movie you'd regard as the "worst", based on what movie you regard as "best."

Ever hear of the Nostalgia Critic?

Well, I guess you would have to watch Cannibal Holocaust to really get a feel of it. That movie can scar your mind that is how explicit the subject matter is, a truly evil film. what is your idea of a movie that i would regard as the worst? what is some of the shlock you have seen that is beyond horrible? and what is the Nostalgia critic?[i hope your not hating on titanic again].

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Well, I guess you would have to watch Cannibal Holocaust to really get a feel of it. That movie can scar your mind that is how explicit the subject matter is, a truly evil film. what is your idea of a movie that i would regard as the worst? what is some of the shlock you have seen that is beyond horrible? and what is the Nostalgia critic?[i hope your not hating on titanic again].

I never hated on Titanic. It's not my genre of film, and I can't stand DiCaprio, but the film itself is fine. As far as romance films go, there's a LOT worse out there, cough Twilight cough.

I've seen Game of Death, a truly insulting film that's a complete mockery of Bruce Lee and his vision. I sat through the complete mess that is Godzilla's Revenge, which is nothing but a lazy series of footage from other, better Godzilla films set against the backdrop of a "story" that basically teaches that violence is the answer to all your problems (including bullying). I've also seen my share of slasher films, most of which are just bloodnbreast fests that don't even have the benefit of being entertaining (except at a drunken party, I suppose, but I don't drink, so there.)

The Nostalgia Critic is an internet film reviewer. One of the films he's reviewed is this delightful POS:

[youtube]8yZzhP1pxm8[/youtube]

EDIT: Oh, I also had to sit through Doom. VERY disappointing, on top of just being generally stupid. Also that Rocky and Bullwinkle movie. ... and Men in Black II...

Okay, honestly, I'd rather watch a tasteless bloodbath than a movie that's trying to be funny and failing so hard that it just HURTS!! At least with bloodbath movies I know what I'm getting into.

Last edited: