• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you sue a transgender person for using the bathroom?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Certs? I thought the new law allowed us to peek at anyone's hoo hoo to exercise the law?
No, only the birth certificate needs to be examined.
Checking out nether regions is optional.
But I expect this to be cumbersome, so government will likely issue bathroom usage licenses.
Let's just hope they do this efficiently, & doesn't require separate licenses for #1, #2 & #3.

Curious George

Veteran Member
If I claimed harm due to your irresponsible &/or legal wearing of leather chaps, I could bring suit.
Some judges (experienced & sane ones) would likely soon dismiss it. But many others (newly
minted &/or unfit) judges would let the case proceed.
I recall from long ago a plaintiff being awarded $100K in damages because her doctor severed
her psychic connection with John Milton. Jury trial it was. Courts are dangerous.
Well, again you can bring suit, but it will be dismissed unless you have a legal cause of action. Perhaps you are trying to toss Negligence in there with your claim of "irresponsible." But you can claim all the harm you want, if you do not have a legal cause of action, your suit will be dismissed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, again you can bring suit, but it will be dismissed unless you have a legal cause of action. Perhaps you are trying to toss Negligence in there with your claim of "irresponsible." But you can claim all the harm you want, if you do not have a legal cause of action, your suit will be dismissed.
The legal basis is that I claim harm due to your sartorial crime.
That is enuf for many judges, so you cannot be certain the case would be dismissed.
(Btw, you'd have a stronger defense case if you had worn some tightie whities with your crotchless chaps.)

I've been sued.....a lot.
You'd be amazed how weak a claim can be, & how much it costs to defend oneself against frivolous suits.
I oppose government encouraging civil suits.
But I understand that laws are written by lawyers, & they will do what makes yacht payments easier.

Curious George

Veteran Member
The legal basis is that I claim harm due to your sartorial crime.
That is enuf for many judges.
You'd be amazed how weak a claim can be, & how much it costs to defend oneself against frivolous suits.
No, I wouldn't be amazed.

Harm is not enough for a claim. This harm needs to be a harm for which there is a legal remedy and you ALWAYS need a legal cause of action.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, I wouldn't be amazed.

Harm is not enough for a claim. This harm needs to be a harm for which there is a legal remedy and you ALWAYS need a legal cause of action.
Upon seeing you in leather chaps, I became traumatized.
I now fear leather goods stores & public restrooms.
Pain & suffering...loss of conjugal bliss...& I can no longer work
at McDonalds because I can't use the bathrooms there.
We have a dispute of fact, & claimed loss. Get a lawyer.

We need a loser pay system here.
If plaintiff's had to pay for the damage they do in filing a frivolous
suit, they'd behave more responsibly. This would also have the
positive effect of putting many lawyers out of work.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Upon seeing you in leather chaps, I became traumatized.
I now fear leather goods stores & public restrooms.
Pain & suffering...loss of conjugal bliss...& I can no longer work
at McDonalds because I can't use the bathrooms there.
We have a dispute of fact, & claimed loss. Get a lawyer.
Your case is dismissed for failure to state a claim as there is no cause of action. Sorry revolting but you are going to have to add facts in order that constitute a legal cause of action.

Tulipbee

People are not smart yet. They'll sue when children runs around screaming a molester touched them. Then it would be too late

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your case is dismissed for failure to state a claim as there is no cause of action. Sorry revolting but you are going to have to add facts in order that constitute a legal cause of action.
The facts....
- You wore crotchless leather chaps into the bathroom, whereupon I saw them.
- I became traumatized in a way which interfered with "a major life activity" (legal victimspeak).
Your action caused my loss.
This is a basis for my suit to be heard in our legal system.

I have been sued for dumber things than that.
Once, a guy sued me for denying him "quiet enjoyment" in an apartment he
admitted never even renting from me. It was a logically impossible claim.
That suit was a quick & cheap one, only taking about about 3 years & $10,000.

Anything can happen in court.
Anything.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I haven't read the law.
(I hate reading....laws in particular.)
But the risk is that the law could make suing more profitable by imposing statutory damages for specific acts.
Example...
Suppose the plaintiff were entitled to $1000 if they shared the bathroom with a non-compliant person.
This would invite professional suers to create a cottage industry.
There could even be quadruple damages if the offender wore chaps.
This is how such laws work in other areas.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I oppose government encouraging civil suits.
Do you ever ask yourself "Why do so many people hate me so much?" :)
Tom

esmith

Veteran Member
I disagree. I think it is political manifestation.

This may feel new, but when you were a kid transgender people were using public washrooms.
So you are saying that the Muslim religion is a religious organization based on political manifestations.

esmith

Veteran Member
We need a loser pay system here.
If plaintiff's had to pay for the damage they do in filing a frivolous
suit, they'd behave more responsibly. This would also have the
positive effect of putting many lawyers out of work.
stock-vector-emoticon-clapping-99603305.jpg

habiru

Well I do know that Muslims do not like Homosexual or transgenders as well. I believe Obama has brought them over here so that we will all be fighting against each other for all kinds of reason. Him and Soros and the rest of them Imps, or going to be bursting out with laughter for destroying this country without the use of a nuclear bomb. Any of you Transgenders try kissing on a Muslim or their children and see what happens afterwards.

giphy.gif

suncowiam

No, only the birth certificate needs to be examined.
Checking out nether regions is optional.
But I expect this to be cumbersome, so government will likely issue bathroom usage licenses.
Let's just hope they do this efficiently, & doesn't require separate licenses for #1, #2 & #3.

I don't have a birth cert, because my parents were running away from the commies at the end of the Vietnam war. Does this mean I cant use NC restrooms?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't have a birth cert, because my parents were running away from the commies at the end of the Vietnam war. Does this mean I can use NC restrooms?
Correct.
If you can't get a Delayed Registration Of Foreign Birth,
you'll just have to hold it in til you get home.

suncowiam

Well I do know that Muslims do not like Homosexual or transgenders as well. I believe Obama has brought them over here so that we will all be fighting against each other for all kinds of reason. Him and Soros and the rest of them Imps, or going to be bursting out with laughter for destroying this country without the use of a nuclear bomb. Any of you Transgenders try kissing on a Muslim or their children and see what happens afterwards.

giphy.gif

This is a bunch of nonsense.

Why is there even a discussion of Muslim immigration in the first place? Because there are wars and genocides that are endangering the Muslim civilians. The ones that are immigrating are, by the most part, refugees. It's an ethical dilemma to help those in need knowing that they live a different culture and that a small percentage could be dangerous to the native population. Stop making it a race or religious thing. We already have Christians and Mormons that are anti-gay and anti-transgender.

Also, why the heck would transgenders go kissing Muslims out of nowhere. You're creating issues that do not exist.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Can I just show my hoo hoo?
In the past, The Man would demand your papers.
But lacking them, they might want to see & touch.
Enter "the digital age".
Why am I being targeted?
Lawyers have boat payments to make.
Fundamentalists have genitalia to fear.
And some people just have nothing better to do.

suncowiam

In the past, The Man would demand your papers.
But lacking them, they might want to see & touch.
Enter "the digital age".

Lawyers have boat payments to make.
Fundamentalists have genitalia to fear.
And some people just have nothing better to do.

Hold on... No one said look and touch. Just don't blame me if the pipes start leaking.