• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writer claims Trump raped her

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
And exactly how in the world could you possibly know he's innocent?

Never mind-- I've seen enough.
Because she admits there was no sexual aspect to the alleged event.
Because she admits there was no physical assault aspect to the alleged event.
Because she lifted the story line of the Manhattan Bergdoff dressing room from a TV series and not reality.
Because there is no proof that she and he have ever met.

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
Because she lifted the story line of the Manhattan Bergdoff dressing room from a TV series and not reality.
Yes, and since Trump has always been a paragon of both truth and fidelity, obviously this woman is lying. Besides, everyone knows that women will let rich men grab them by the vaginas so it's okay.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yes, and since Trump has always been a paragon of both truth and fidelity, obviously this woman is lying. Besides, everyone knows that women will let rich men grab them by the vaginas so it's okay.
Are you saying she is lying when she say there was nothing sexual or physical wrt alleged event? There was no rape if what she admitted is true, and you can watch her admit it.

Road Warrior

Are you saying she is lying when she say there was nothing sexual or physical wrt alleged event? There was no rape if what she admitted is true, and you can watch her admit it.
Linked quote please because that's not what I read.

Are you saying you agree with the rest of my post?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I had already linked to it if you had been following....she says "“I was not thrown on the ground and ravished" "the word rape carries so many sexual connotations" "This was not sexual".

Road Warrior

OTOH, I think there's a way to partially verify Carroll's story: Hold a line-up.
34dpyl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Road Warrior

How could you say that when you heard her say there was no sexual event?
Thanks for agreeing that Trump had sex with her. You might want to read/listen to the entire interview, her actual quote of the event and other interviews instead of just focusing upon what you want to see and hear since that's confirmation bias.

Example:
New assault accusation against President Trump
"It was against my will".

This article may help you understand why Carroll is reluctant to use the word rape.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...1b9b36b64ad_story.html?utm_term=.38aac615f3d2
...While all that is true, it wasn’t really my reason for the words I chose. The word rape has weight to it, more than the phrase sexual assault. It sits inside you with a leaden presence that presses on your bones and crowds out oxygen from your lungs. But it matters that we call things out for what they are. A man forcing himself inside you against your will, whether it’s on a dark street, or in a fancy office, or a dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman, is rape.

I understand why advice columnist E. Jean Carroll is refusing to characterize what she says Donald Trump did to her in that Bergdorf Goodman dressing room decades ago as rape. She prefers to call what happened between them a “fight.” She said that by thinking of the experience that way, she doesn’t feel like a victim. And she is entitled to label her experience however she wants

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The video you posted shows her claiming or implying he raped her for three minutes in a Bergdorf dressing room is out of a TV series...there was no rape, there was no sex, there was no encounter, there is no evidence.

Shad

Veteran Member
No kidding. So what are her friends saying?

Again you were the one believing the claim not I. It is up to your to provide those statements as it your point

Meh, Trump is a well known sexual predator like his buddy Bill Clinton. A skunk can't change its stripe.

Look up Robert Bryd and Obama. After all if change is impossible Obama, and Clinton, embraced a KKK member as a paragon of the nation.

President Obama on the Loss of Senator Robert Byrd: "A Voice of Principle and Reason"

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Such as his claim that he would "drain the swamp"? Any clue as to how many former lobbyists Trump has hired? Answer: more than any other previous president.

Mueller concluded that there were 10 areas where there was obstruction by the Trump camp but left it up to Congress to decide on how they want to deal with that. On top of that, what do you think he's doing now with his ignoring subpoenas even though Congress has the right of oversight according to the Constitution?

If I'm innocent, I want all the evidence to come out to clearly show that I'm innocent. But is that what Trump is doing? IOW, connect the dots.

There'd be no reason to trust those who spied on Trump , they just as well could be setting up a perjury trap for Trump if he were to testify repeatedly over and over to those who've conducted a political witch hunt against him.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Then you didn't hear what she said, which was that Trump sexually assaulted her but that she wouldn't go as far as to call it "rape". I listened to her interview.

Again, I don't know what did or did not happen, neither do the Trump supporters know what did or did not happen, and yet some just will defend him and fabricate excuses for him.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There'd be no reason to trust those who spied on Trump , they just as well could be setting up a perjury trap for Trump if he were to testify repeatedly over and over to those who've conducted a political witch hunt against him.
If Trump were to tell the truth (fat chance of that happening), then he would not have to worry about a "perjury trap". I think by now most people are aware that Trump has a hard time putting two sentences together without lying on at least one of them.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Did you actually hear what happened, in the story she told?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Perjury trap?? :smile::tearsofjoy:
It would only be a "trap" (in the loosest sense of the word) because Trump has a major problem with telling the truth. His own lawyers agree with that.