• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writer claims Trump raped her

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yes, she said that she was assaulted. She said that she would not call it rape. And there are different levels of sexual assault. Some people call any sexual assault rape. I do not. She does not. She does claim to have been sexually assaulted. I would not call it rape and she would not call it rape. The fact that it was not "rape" does not make the rest of the charges go away.
Her words in the video clip were .."I was not thrown on the ground and ravished", she did not say she was physically assaulted, if you think she did, quote the exact words.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Her words in the video clip were .."I was not thrown on the ground and ravished", she did not say she was physically assaulted, if you think she did, quote the exact words.

You are forgetting quite a few things. That is just a quote mine of the interview. You need to listen to more of it or find other sources. Second the context is clear even if you do not hear of her attack in that snippet. It is obvious that to any person that can understand context that she was describing what her attack was not. Third if you know so little of this you have no business commenting. You should be trying to learn. Either way it does not look good for you. Your posts here indicate either dishonesty or excessive ignorance.

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
Quote her exact words that she was physically assaulted.
I've done so. Didn't you read the link?

FWIW, I'm tired of political extremists on both sides always sending people on wild goose chases for facts readily present. You've already tacitly admitted Trump had adulterous sex with her. It's obvious from her multiple interviews and writings that Trump forced himself upon her. The real question for the RWers is whether or not it was "rape".

BTW, do you condone adultery? Would you support a politician who repeatedly cheated on his wife like Bill Clinton did?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I've done so. Didn't you read the link?

FWIW, I'm tired of political extremists on both sides always sending people on wild goose chases for facts readily present. You've already tacitly admitted Trump had adulterous sex with her. It's obvious from her multiple interviews and writings that Trump forced himself upon her. The real question for the RWers is whether or not it was "rape".

BTW, do you condone adultery? Would you support a politician who repeatedly cheated on his wife like Bill Clinton did?
From the horse's mouth..

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
From the horse's mouth..

Another quote mine that you did not understand. How do you think that this helps your case? Do you not know that quote mines are done in an attempt to dishonestly misrepresent a person's position?

Here is a link in which her story is told much more fully. Never rely on just snippets. They are often made by people with an agenda. It is much harder to distort a full story:

Why E. Jean Carroll, ‘the Anti-Victim,’ Spoke Up About Trump

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Another quote mine that you did not understand. How do you think that this helps your case? Do you not know that quote mines are done in an attempt to dishonestly misrepresent a person's position?

Here is a link in which her story is told much more fully. Never rely on just snippets. They are often made by people with an agenda. It is much harder to distort a full story:

Why E. Jean Carroll, ‘the Anti-Victim,’ Spoke Up About Trump
There is no evidence of rape of any description, and no physical assault, your obvious dislike of DJT blinds you to the fact that there needs to be provable evidence to be considered seriously. This claim does not even come close.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is no evidence of rape of any description, and no physical assault, your obvious dislike of DJT blinds you to the fact that there needs to be provable evidence to be considered seriously. This claim does not even come close.
You do not know what evidence is or how to apply it.

Your blind love of DJT is obvious. Why love a self admitted sexual assaulter and peeping Tom?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You do not know what evidence is or how to apply it.

Your blind love of DJT is obvious. Why love a self admitted sexual assaulter and peeping Tom?
Ok, as a variation of... "The one who laughs last, laughs loudest" adage, this is going to be "The who posts last, is the winner"!

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So you can't explain your errors?
This is why I am going with the 'last one to post is the winner' strategy, I am a marathon man, and this topic has legs, to comment fifty or so back and forths a day while the breaking news is only running about once a day is a waste of time and energy. Henceforth I will only post when I feel there is a new insight, and eventually you will realize what a class B/S detector (I don't mean you as the B/S, I mean her) is all about.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Please cite exactly where I did as you are accusing.
How many times do I have to show you what you did? How many times do I have to explain it?

See my post # 131 (pp7) and then look at how you quoted it in your post #132. Do you not understand how you changed my post?

This conversation is ridiculous. Maybe I should just report you and let the mods explain it.

ecco

Veteran Member
So, bolding quotes is wrong?

If you do it without stating that you did it, yes. Ifg you do it tomake it look like the original was bolded, yes. How is it you don't know that?

If so, then I'd rather just avoid answering people who are long winded and not that smart.

So, now, rather than admit you are wrong, you attack my intelligence. That's rich.

I'll happily take my banning and just avoid such people in the future.

Well, I won't report you. That's just not my thing. But I'd much rather have you avoid me than mischaracterize me.

After all, isn't their ultimate purpose to censor and shut down opposition?

Is that some paranoia setting in?
All I did was ask you a question: Which, in your humble opinion, is what?

Does that look like I was trying to censor you or shut you down?

I can easily talk around them without quoting a single post.

Excellent. That way you won't have to answer their questions. Perhaps that was your intent all along.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So you are saying she had sex with him but wouldn't call it rape. If it is not rape, then the implication is that she consented to at least some degree, for if there was 100% no consent, then surely she would see that as rape. Btw, what do you think of the coincidence of her claiming it took place in a Bergdorf dressing room, and the video clip about a old TV series with a sexual crime taking place in a Bergdorf dressing room.... :)
It's actually a current TV series. Law & Order SVU's slogan is that their plot lines are "ripped from the headlines." The show is primarily about rape and sexual assault cases. Hardly a surprise then.
Yes I heard the story, no witnesses, no report at the time, doing her book promotion, no credibility.

Actually, she told some friends about it, at the time.

Friends of E. Jean Carroll go public, confirm she spoke of ’90s Trump sexual assault

There are rarely any witnesses to rape. Again, not very surprising that rapists don't generally rape people in front of a bunch of witnesses.

Wandering Monk

It's actually a current TV series. Law & Order SVU's slogan is that their plot lines are "ripped from the headlines." The show is primarily about rape and sexual assault cases. Hardly a surprise then.

Actually, she told some friends about it, at the time.

Friends of E. Jean Carroll go public, confirm she spoke of ’90s Trump sexual assault

There are rarely any witnesses to rape. Again, not very surprising that rapists don't generally rape people in front of a bunch of witnesses.

So it comes down to he said, she said. If she had reported it, their could have been an investigation which may have provided DNA evidence or other witnesses who saw Trump and her there at the same time. Surveillance videos, anything. Alas, it was not reported, but everyone seems to know what happened.