• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yemeni child bride dies after internal bleeding on marriage night

outhouse

Atheistically
makes me sick

FORCED 'CHILD' MARRIAGE in Islam | BARE NAKED ISLAM

8-yr old Yemeni girl beaten, raped by her ‘husband.’

Forced to marry a man 3 times her age, Nujood Ali escaped, and found a human rights lawyer to help her get a divorce.. Under Sharia Law, her husband received compensation from the family, and was never prosecuted.
Her family believes Nujood’s actions have dishonored the family and she has been stigmatized for life.

Escape from a forced marriage.

Zahida Minhas, a 16-year old girl who is 9months pregnant and living in a safe house, was sold into a forced marriage by her mother. As Zahida’s delivery date rapidly approaches, she fears that her “husband” will find and kill her, while her mother, threatens to take the baby.

“Please help me get a divorce, next time he will kill me.”

12-year old Muslim girl fears for her life from the pedophile husband she was forced to marry. Look at the scars on this beautiful child:

Muslim fathers often sell their young daughters into marriage with an older man to pay off a debt.

CNN report reveals that an 8 year old girl is forced to marry a 47 year old man to fix a debt. The more shocking part is that Saudi law has no way to stop this kind of crime.

Forced marriage at age 14 nearly killed her.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Does he mean that we should start in the US then to Yemen.

pulling-hair-out2.jpg
I don't know what he means. The question as I saw it is based on an incoherent ideal. Are you suggesting that the US must become morally perfect before anyone in it can claim another's actions are immoral? I do not get the whole idea.

Levite

Higher and Higher
Just for my record can you tell me where did you find twelve,ten and seven from?
So the midrashim are in error..............mmmmmmmm
Now that puts the entire midrashim in doubt?
I think i need to dig deeper into the midrashim closet because they may be much more skeletons inside.
I was really under the impression that the oral teachings hold greater weight than the Torah.My opinion if your oral teachings are in error then the entire religion is now in doubt.

Oral Teachings don't hold greater weight than the Torah, the Oral Torah and the Written Torah are part of the same thing.

Midrash is parable. It is not law. It is an entire genre of sacred literature designed to play out different ideas, to explore narrative and philosophical ideas-- not to be taken literally en masse. Nothing in the tradition demands that one consider all Midrash to be inerrant, because they aren't designed for that.

There are many midrashim about Rivkah and Yitzchak, which portray them in different ways, including different ages at the time of their marriage. The fact that these are irreconcilable stories is one more way we know that it would be impossible to take all of Midrash literally, or suppose them all inerrant.

And my point remains: regardless of what the ancestors of our religions might or might not have done, there is no justification for marrying children and having sex with them.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
makes me sick

FORCED 'CHILD' MARRIAGE in Islam | BARE NAKED ISLAM

8-yr old Yemeni girl beaten, raped by her ‘husband.’

Forced to marry a man 3 times her age, Nujood Ali escaped, and found a human rights lawyer to help her get a divorce.. Under Sharia Law, her husband received compensation from the family, and was never prosecuted.
Her family believes Nujood’s actions have dishonored the family and she has been stigmatized for life.

Escape from a forced marriage.

Zahida Minhas, a 16-year old girl who is 9months pregnant and living in a safe house, was sold into a forced marriage by her mother. As Zahida’s delivery date rapidly approaches, she fears that her “husband” will find and kill her, while her mother, threatens to take the baby.

“Please help me get a divorce, next time he will kill me.”

12-year old Muslim girl fears for her life from the pedophile husband she was forced to marry. Look at the scars on this beautiful child:

Muslim fathers often sell their young daughters into marriage with an older man to pay off a debt.

CNN report reveals that an 8 year old girl is forced to marry a 47 year old man to fix a debt. The more shocking part is that Saudi law has no way to stop this kind of crime.

Forced marriage at age 14 nearly killed her.

Thank you for presenting this.

Did you see,forced marriage is prohibited in Islam and their parents were forcing them to marry hence i can conclude that their parents are obviously atheists

Last edited:

Knight of Albion

Something seriously wrong with a grown man who wants to be with an eight year old girl - and with a society, and a religion, that permits it....

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Thank you for presenting this.

Did you see,forced marriage is prohibited in Islam and their parents were forcing them to mary hence i can conclude that their parents are obviously atheists
How does that excuse her Islamic husband even if what you said was actually true? Or the tolerance the various Islamic states show for this kind of evil?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
More sickening acts of perversion directly tied to religion

Islam and children - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some Hanafi scholars hold the opinion that sexual intercourse may take place before puberty, as long as it's not injurious to one's health

That is blatant pedophilia

i found an amazing link for you to bash Islam which telling a story among others that the prophet also reserved babies for marriage.

(Suhayli, ii.79: In the riwaya of Yunus I.I recorded that the apostle saw her (Ummu’l-Fadl) when she was baby crawling before him and said, ‘If she grows up and I am still alive I will marry her.’ But he died before she grew up and Sufyan b. al-Aswad b. Abdu’l-Asad al-Makhzumi married her and she bore him Rizq and Lubaba….(Ref.3, page 311)

Reference: Sina's Challenge: Muhammad a Pedophile

1robin

Christian/Baptist
i found an amazing link for you to bash Islam which telling a story among others that the prophet also reserved babies for marriage.

(Suhayli, ii.79: In the riwaya of Yunus I.I recorded that the apostle saw her (Ummu’l-Fadl) when she was baby crawling before him and said, ‘If she grows up and I am still alive I will marry her.’ But he died before she grew up and Sufyan b. al-Aswad b. Abdu’l-Asad al-Makhzumi married her and she bore him Rizq and Lubaba….(Ref.3, page 311)

Reference: Sina's Challenge: Muhammad a Pedophile
You seem to constantly use claims of bias and bashing as a shield to ensure the truth never inconveniences your narrative even when the sources are accepted Islamic ones or scholarly secular ones. You or monotheist 101 said the almost universally accepted stories about Muhammad marrying a minor named Aisha were not true. I respectfully asked you to instead provide what the truth was. You had a perfect opportunity to prove at least one of your claims to bias and you did not even attempt it. How can you expect anyone not to view these continuous claims of bias as contrivances to protect a false view of reliable history? Now you seem to be finding stories that were never used thought to be biased to somehow prove that the stories that were actually used were. Why? One last time. What is the truth regarding Muhammad and Aisha? I have her own words and almost universal acceptance she was a minor even among Muslims. What do you have?

farouk

Oral Teachings don't hold greater weight than the Torah, the Oral Torah and the Written Torah are part of the same thing.

Midrash is parable. It is not law. It is an entire genre of sacred literature designed to play out different ideas, to explore narrative and philosophical ideas-- not to be taken literally en masse. Nothing in the tradition demands that one consider all Midrash to be inerrant, because they aren't designed for that.

There are many midrashim about Rivkah and Yitzchak, which portray them in different ways, including different ages at the time of their marriage. The fact that these are irreconcilable stories is one more way we know that it would be impossible to take all of Midrash literally, or suppose them all inerrant.

And my point remains: regardless of what the ancestors of our religions might or might not have done, there is no justification for marrying children and having sex with them.

Peace to all.
Proof of age of Rebecca from the Torah.

Genesis 17
17 Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, “Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?”
News of a son and Sarah was 90 years old.

Genesis 18
10 Then one of them said, “I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son.”
Confirmation that Sarah gave birth at age 91.

Genesis 23
1. Sarah lived to be a hundred and twenty-seven years old.
127-91=36 Issac was 36 years old when his mother Sarah died.

Genesis 22
23 Bethuel became the father of Rebekah.
After the Akeidat of Issac news of Rebecca birth was received by Abraham and also his wife Sarah died thereafter.
Issac was still 36 years of age.

Genesis 25
20. and Isaac was forty years old when he married Rebekah daughter of Bethuel the Aramean from Paddan Aram[c] and sister of Laban the Aramean.</SPAN>
40-36=4

Therefore Rebekah age was 4 years when Issac married her.

Do you know that this marriage was blessed by God?
Do you know that she gave birth to Prophets?
Now who has given you the right to judge Issac,Rebecca and God.
God is telling you its moral and you challenging God by saying its immoral.
Please whatever you say next don't....please don't tell me there is an error in the Torah because i will definately believe you.:yes:
Finally one last question before i am done away with you.
Is homosexual moral or immoral?
Peace and may God guide you.
Farouk

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Peace to all.
Proof of age of Rebecca from the Torah.

Genesis 17
17 Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, “Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?”
News of a son and Sarah was 90 years old.

Genesis 18
10 Then one of them said, “I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son.”
Confirmation that Sarah gave birth at age 91.

Genesis 23
1. Sarah lived to be a hundred and twenty-seven years old.
127-91=36 Issac was 36 years old when his mother Sarah died.

Genesis 22
23 Bethuel became the father of Rebekah.
After the Akeidat of Issac news of Rebecca birth was received by Abraham and also his wife Sarah died thereafter.
Issac was still 36 years of age.

Genesis 25
20. and Isaac was forty years old when he married Rebekah daughter of Bethuel the Aramean from Paddan Aram[c] and sister of Laban the Aramean.</SPAN>
40-36=4

Therefore Rebekah age was 4 years when Issac married her.

Do you know that this marriage was blessed by God?
Do you know that she gave birth to Prophets?
Now who has given you the right to judge Issac,Rebecca and God.
God is telling you its moral and you challenging God by saying its immoral.
Please whatever you say next don't....please don't tell me there is an error in the Torah because i will definately believe you.:yes:
Finally one last question before i am done away with you.
Is homosexual moral or immoral?
Peace and may God guide you.
Farouk

Well that was certainly a remarkable claim. Notice what I will not do is to start yelling bias and that you hate Judaism and dismiss your claims without reason.

Rebekah’s Age at Her Marriage to Isaac
There are various midrashic traditions for Rebekah’s age when she was married to Isaac. According to one tradition, she was born when Isaac was bound on the altar. Since Isaac was twenty-six years old at the time, and forty when he married Rebekah (Gen. 25:20), she was thus fourteen years old when she married (Seder Olam Rabbah 1).

Gen. 24:16–17 relates that when Abraham’s servant saw Rebekah, who was very beautiful, with her jar on her shoulder, he ran toward her,
Rebekah: Midrash and Aggadah | Jewish Women&#039;s Archive

I find it very hard to believe a 4 year old is carrying a heavy water jar and that the servant thought a child barely out of adolescence was pretty or would be a suitable bride.

When the camels had finished drinking, the servant gave Rebekah “a gold nose-ring weighing a half-shekel, and two gold bands for her arms, ten shekels in weight” (Gen. 24:22).

There is little reason to think a servant is handing out adult jewelry to a small child. It is possible but not likely.

Then the servant took out silver and gold vessels and clothing, which he gave to Rebekah, and he gave her brother and mother vessels of pearl and, some say, roasted ears of corn and nuts (Gen. Rabbah 60:11).

Do you think the servant took clothes that would fit a 4 year old on a trip to find a 40 year old man a a wife?

“Will you go with this man?,” thereby hinting to her not to go with “this man” until Isaac himself came to her. Rebekah, however, replied (ibid.): “I will”—I will go against your will (Gen. Rabbah 60:12). The Rabbis say that by this action Rebekah demonstrated her trust in God, and for the sake of that deed,

Jewish society had no teaching that allowed a 4 year old girl the right to leave her family against her families wishes. Also any girl less than 12 years old could either be forced to marry or prevented from marriage by law. This did not happen and so it appears she was more than 12 years old.

Rebecca was 14 years old at the time of their marriage.[8] In any case, 45 years elapsed before they had children. Throughout that time, both Isaac and Rebecca prayed fervently to God for offspring. God eventually answered Isaac's prayers and Rebecca conceived.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca

We can only evaluate traditions and have no facts to resolve the issue but even the traditions give many lines of evidence suggesting she was in her teens when she married and seem to imply they waited even longer before consummating the marriage. My record among 6000 posts shows clearly I place almost no stock in traditions. Even those that are on my side like the ones I supplied.

farouk

Well that was certainly a remarkable claim. Notice what I will not do is to start yelling bias and that you hate Judaism and dismiss your claims without reason.

Rebekah’s Age at Her Marriage to Isaac
There are various midrashic traditions for Rebekah’s age when she was married to Isaac. According to one tradition, she was born when Isaac was bound on the altar. Since Isaac was twenty-six years old at the time, and forty when he married Rebekah (Gen. 25:20), she was thus fourteen years old when she married (Seder Olam Rabbah 1).

Gen. 24:16–17 relates that when Abraham’s servant saw Rebekah, who was very beautiful, with her jar on her shoulder, he ran toward her,
Rebekah: Midrash and Aggadah | Jewish Women's Archive

I find it very hard to believe a 4 year old is carrying a heavy water jar and that the servant thought a child barely out of adolescence was pretty or would be a suitable bride.

When the camels had finished drinking, the servant gave Rebekah “a gold nose-ring weighing a half-shekel, and two gold bands for her arms, ten shekels in weight” (Gen. 24:22).

There is little reason to think a servant is handing out adult jewelry to a small child. It is possible but not likely.

Then the servant took out silver and gold vessels and clothing, which he gave to Rebekah, and he gave her brother and mother vessels of pearl and, some say, roasted ears of corn and nuts (Gen. Rabbah 60:11).

Do you think the servant took clothes that would fit a 4 year old on a trip to find a 40 year old man a a wife?

“Will you go with this man?,” thereby hinting to her not to go with “this man” until Isaac himself came to her. Rebekah, however, replied (ibid.): “I will”—I will go against your will (Gen. Rabbah 60:12). The Rabbis say that by this action Rebekah demonstrated her trust in God, and for the sake of that deed,

Jewish society had no teaching that allowed a 4 year old girl the right to leave her family against her families wishes. Also any girl less than 12 years old could either be forced to marry or prevented from marriage by law. This did not happen and so it appears she was more than 12 years old.

Rebecca was 14 years old at the time of their marriage.[8] In any case, 45 years elapsed before they had children. Throughout that time, both Isaac and Rebecca prayed fervently to God for offspring. God eventually answered Isaac's prayers and Rebecca conceived.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca

We can only evaluate traditions and have no facts to resolve the issue but even the traditions give many lines of evidence suggesting she was in her teens when she married and seem to imply they waited even longer before consummating the marriage. My record among 6000 posts shows clearly I place almost no stock in traditions. Even those that are on my side like the ones I supplied.

Peace
What made you make such an absurd claim?
I don't hate Judaism.
Mmmmmmmm..............yep the truth does hurt.
Try as hard as you want you will fail.I gave you proof from the Torah.
Better learn to live with it because its the truth.
Peace and keep trying.
Farouk

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Peace
What made you make such an absurd claim?
That was not directed at you in particular just those Muslims whose instant response is yelling bias to every claim that does not obey the narrative.

I don't hate Judaism.
I did not say you did.

Mmmmmmmm..............yep the truth does hurt.
I have no idea what this means.

Try as hard as you want you will fail.
Try and fail at what. I have no idea what your talking about.

I gave you proof from the Torah.
You most certainly did not.

You gave some verses from a book and then set in to extrapolating from them. I did not even point that out because it was a reasonable thing to attempt. I did however give you many reasons from the same type of sources that indicate you extrapolation was incorrect. A 4 year old is not carrying a 50 pound water jar around, nor telling her parents that she is leaving and marrying anyone against their wishes.

Better learn to live with it because its the truth.
Peace and keep trying.
Farouk
Why?, you did not do anything but ignore all the information I supplied that all but eliminated your claims. Why in the world would I need or wish to acquire more. I gave you some credibility with your last post and you all but destroyed it in with this one.

farouk

Peace
Note i have no intention of hurting any Christians but i am just searching for the truth.
" A year after his wife's death, as the priests announced through Judea that they wished to find in the tribe of Judaa a respectable man to espouse Mary, then twelve to fourteen years of age. Joseph, who was at the time ninety years old, went up to Jerusalem among the candidates; a miracle manifested the choice God had made of Joseph, and two years later the Annunciation took place. "

The above info is from ff site.
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: St. Joseph

As we can read Joseph was 90 years old and Mary was 12 to 14.The question is at what age did Mary conceive before giving birth to Jesus?
Peace
Farouk

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Peace
Note i have no intention of hurting any Christians but i am just searching for the truth.
" A year after his wife's death, as the priests announced through Judea that they wished to find in the tribe of Judaa a respectable man to espouse Mary, then twelve to fourteen years of age. Joseph, who was at the time ninety years old, went up to Jerusalem among the candidates; a miracle manifested the choice God had made of Joseph, and two years later the Annunciation took place. "

The above info is from ff site.
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: St. Joseph

As we can read Joseph was 90 years old and Mary was 12 to 14.The question is at what age did Mary conceive before giving birth to Jesus?
Peace
Farouk
Let me include what you left out.

These dreams, as St. Jerome styles them, from which many a Christian artist has drawn his inspiration (see, for instance, Raphael's "Espousals of the Virgin"), are void of authority; they nevertheless acquired in the course of ages some popularity; in them some ecclesiastical writers sought the answer to the well-known difficulty arising from the mention in the Gospel of "the Lord's brothers"; from them also popular credulity has, contrary to all probability, as well as to the tradition witnessed by old works of art, retained the belief that St. Joseph was an old man at the time of marriage with the Mother of God. CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: St. Joseph

I do not usually find anything Catholics claim to be defensible but in this case it appears you did not read far enough. Why not?

Keep trolling the net you may eventually find something that will stick and I enjoy the challenge.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
So - hypothetically-speaking - if it turned out to be true (that Mohammad married Aisha between the ages of 6 and 9), would you denounce his actions regarding this circumstance?

Not necessarily trying to insinuate anything here (since let's face it, we will never know the truth of their marriage), it's just a hypothetical question.

* = Edited text.

That isn't possible even to think of it hypothetically.

The prophet born in a land where girls were available as slaves,girls of all ages were sold as goods and owned by men for the whole life.

Girls were buried alive once born.

The prophet was honest and of good morals which made many of his friends to believe him specially his close friend Abu Baker(father of Aisha) who was in a trip when he heard that his close friend Mohammed received a message from God via the angel Gabriel.

Abu Baker said "Mohammed never lies" and when Mohammed started to warn his people he said "did you ever know me as a liar,believe me im telling but the truth"

He lived a simple and a humble life even though he was rich and his wife at th time was the richest woman in mecca and the pagan leaders were worried that people may believe Mohammed and his uncle asked him to stop warning people and his answer was "I swear by the name of God, O Uncle!, that if they place the sun in my right-hand and the moon in my left-hand in return for giving up this matter (calling people to Islam), I will never desist until either God makes it triumph or I perish defending it"

[youtube]SLplKvhEKok[/youtube]
The Prophet Mohammad Decision - YouTube

1robin

Christian/Baptist
That isn't possible even to think of it hypothetically.

The prophet born in a land where girls were available as slaves,girls of all ages were sold as goods and owned by men for the whole life.

Girls were buried alive once born.

The prophet was honest and of good morals which made many of his friends to believe him specially his close friend Abu Baker(father of Aisha) who was in a trip when he heard that his close friend Mohammed received a message from God via the angel Gabriel.

Abu Baker said "Mohammed never lies" and when Mohammed started to warn his people he said "did you ever know me as a liar,believe me im telling but the truth"

He lived a simple and a humble life even though he was rich and his wife at th time was the richest woman in mecca and the pagan leaders were worried that people may believe Mohammed and his uncle asked him to stop warning people and his answer was "I swear by the name of God, O Uncle!, that if they place the sun in my right-hand and the moon in my left-hand in return for giving up this matter (calling people to Islam), I will never desist until either God makes it triumph or I perish defending it"

[youtube]SLplKvhEKok[/youtube]
The Prophet Mohammad Decision - YouTube
I do not think a few quotes from a persons supporters makes them good.

1. "We believe that the Fuhrer is fulfilling a divine mission to German destiny! This
belief is beyond challenge." Rudolf Hess.
2. "We believe on this earth in Adolf Hitler alone! We believe in National Socialism as the creed which is the sole source of grace! We believe that Almighty God has sent us Adolf Hitler so that he may rid Germany of the hypocrites and Pharisees."
Robert Ley, Head of the German Labour Front (DAF).
3. "He who serves our Fuhrer, Adolf Hitler, serves Germany and he who serves
Germany, serves God." Baldur von Schirach, Head of the Hitler's Youth

Could you at least agree that sex with children would seem to most to be inconstant with a prophet of God? I think you are doing everything you can not to be trapped by what history has recorded, at any cost.

Before I have to listen to anyone claiming so. I am not saying Muhammad was equivalent to Hitler. I was saying you can find good words spoken about most men no matter how evil.