• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet Another Study Finds a Reduction in Opioid Deaths with Legalization of Cannabis

Super Universe

Defender of God
Name me just one drug that doesn't have side effects.
So it's okay because other drugs have side effects as well? Drugs are not good. If you have to take a drugs it's because the benefit outweighs the bad side effect.

Other than people with epilepsy, why does anyone need pot?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I haven't seen any studies showing the effectiveness of cannabis for pain or anxiety when its psychoactive properties are "removed". Show us those studies.
That came from my cardiologist when I mentioned my anxiety attacks. I'm pretty sure he's a a lot more qualified and knowledgeable in regards to cannabis being used in medical situations and its medicinal purpose and use.

There does exist in oil form a refined derivative of cannabis that you put under your tongue that doesn't have the mind-altering effects.

Addum;

Actually there's proactive legislative work to bring THC free medical cannabis oil up to par in the field of Medicine and making it more mainstream and that's a good thing.

Weeding out the different effects of cannabis oil and marijuana

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So it's okay because other drugs have side effects as well? Drugs are not good. If you have to take a drugs it's because the benefit outweighs the bad side effect.

I'm not particularly fond of recreational drugs as a concept. But I have seen excellent results from pot for different types of patients. From AIDS patients on AZT(years ago) to cancer patients on chemo and radiation. From pain relief to appetite improvement there are often huge benefits.
And if some woman suffering through breast cancer gets high, where's the issue? Give her a darn break!
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I haven't seen any studies showing the effectiveness of cannabis for pain or anxiety when its psychoactive properties are "removed". Show us those studies.
I don't think it would as CBD and THC are what mostly give pot its medical value, along with a few of the other cannabonoids.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I'm not particularly fond of recreational drugs as a concept. But I have seen excellent results from pot for different types of patients. From AIDS patients on AZT(years ago) to cancer patients on chemo and radiation. From pain relief to appetite improvement there are often huge benefits.
And if some woman suffering through breast cancer gets high, where's the issue? Give her a darn break!
Tom

You've seen excellent results from pot for patients? Define excellent results.

If some woman with breast cancer gets high, where's the issue? That depends, did she ever have a job and support herself or did she sit at home and smoke pot all day long most of her life?

Twilight Hue

Why do we need more synthetic crap for big pharma to become even bigger and wealthier?
I guess it depends upon whether people think it works or not. I was never prescribed the oil so I can't say if it's really good or not, but rather was placed on Sertraline which seem to keep the attacks from building in intensity, though it doesn't stop them from occurring.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You've seen excellent results from pot for patients? Define excellent results.
Large improvements to their health, healing, relationships, and outlook.
I am not talking about everyone. And I am a volunteer, not a doctor. But I have seen this happen myself.

If some woman with breast cancer gets high, where's the issue? That depends, did she ever have a job and support herself or did she sit at home and smoke pot all day long most of her life?
I don't know many people like that. The people I am talking about are generally middle class wives, with families and jobs and stuff.
Maybe you and I just run in different circles.
Tom

Super Universe

Defender of God
Large improvements to their health, healing, relationships, and outlook.
I am not talking about everyone. And I am a volunteer, not a doctor. But I have seen this happen myself.

I don't know many people like that. The people I am talking about are generally middle class wives, with families and jobs and stuff.
Tom

Pot provided large improvements to patients health, healing, relationships, and outlook? That is total BS. It's like saying "Heroin is good for people because it keeps drug addicts from going through withdrawals."

You don't know many lazy potheads? Where do you live, the Vatican?

Shadow Wolf

It helps me with anxiety, depression, arthritis, insomnia, and IBS. And I don't even need to get stoned, but rather a couple of tokes of a good sativa and I feel great, the edge of my anxiety is removed, my mind slows down and I can concentrate better (my therapist actually wants me tested for ADHD), and it's also much easier and far less anxiety-inducing to be around other people. A couple tokes of indica helps ease the arthritis pains in my knees, it helps my abdominal area in general not feel so terrible, and if I can't sleep a bowl will do the trick far better than any OTC sleep aid will, and it won't leave my groggy the next day like a prescription sleep aid will.
And then of course there are those who benefit from the appetite stimulation, such as those with anorexia nervosa or going through chemo therapy. It's been shown to help with the ticks of Tourette's syndrome. It's helps those with glaucoma, and for those with cancer. Schizophrenics though it seems may want to avoid it, and of course some people are allergic to it. There's actually a pretty good list of things cannabis helps with, and the list keeps getting longer as we study it.

Super Universe

Defender of God
It helps me with anxiety, depression, arthritis, insomnia, and IBS. And I don't even need to get stoned, but rather a couple of tokes of a good sativa and I feel great, the edge of my anxiety is removed, my mind slows down and I can concentrate better (my therapist actually wants me tested for ADHD), and it's also much easier and far less anxiety-inducing to be around other people. A couple tokes of indica helps ease the arthritis pains in my knees, it helps my abdominal area in general not feel so terrible, and if I can't sleep a bowl will do the trick far better than any OTC sleep aid will, and it won't leave my groggy the next day like a prescription sleep aid will.
And then of course there are those who benefit from the appetite stimulation, such as those with anorexia nervosa or going through chemo therapy. It's been shown to help with the ticks of Tourette's syndrome. It's helps those with glaucoma, and for those with cancer. Schizophrenics though it seems may want to avoid it, and of course some people are allergic to it. There's actually a pretty good list of things cannabis helps with, and the list keeps getting longer as we study it.

Do you know what happens to smokers when they go two hours without a cigarette? They go through withdrawals. That makes them think that cigarettes are good for them and that they need them.

The truth about pot is that people just want to get high, go into a haze, to forget who they are and what they went through.

Shadow Wolf

The "lazy pothead" types I've know, they're just lazy. They don't need pot to sleep through appointments, make excuses why, or not try to better themselves. To them, it's just a nice thing to have, something they often bum off friends and family.

Shadow Wolf

Do you know what happens to smokers when they go two hours without a cigarette? They go through withdrawals. That makes them think that cigarettes are good for them and that they need them.
I don't know that many smokers who actually think that cigarettes are good for them. Almost nearly every smoker I've known knows it is not good for them.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I don't know that many smokers who actually think that cigarettes are good for them. Almost nearly every smoker I've known knows it is not good for them.

There have been studies done where they bring in people who take a computerized test. Smokers give lower estimates for the chances of getting smoking related diseases than other people. The people give an answer and the test gives them the real statistic. Then a month later those same people come in and take the same test again and the smokers either give the same estimate they gave the first time or they give a very slightly changed estimate that indicates they are still under estimating the increased risk from smoking.

Super Universe

Defender of God
So, what about people who get medical benefits from it?

What about the people who get medical benefits from pot? If you ask drug addicts if there are medical benefits from drugs they will tell you all kinds of things because they don't want to go through withdrawals. The patients lie so they can get high.

Does pot have any real medical benefits? It seems to greatly help with epileptic siezures but the hallucinogenic part of pot is removed.

Shadow Wolf

There have been studies done where they bring in people who take a computerized test. Smokers give lower estimates for the chances of getting smoking related diseases than other people. The people give an answer and the test gives them the real statistic. Then a month later those same people come in and take the same test again and the smokers either give the same estimate they gave the first time or they give a very slightly changed estimate that indicates they are still under estimating the increased risk from smoking.
Most people downplay the risks of anything. That "it can't happen to me/here" mentality, where bad things just happen to other people. But as far as smokers go, I've heard plenty of them ask why they do it to themselves.
What about the people who get medical benefits from pot? If you ask drug addicts if there are medical benefits from drugs they will tell you all kinds of things because they don't want to go through withdrawals. The patients lie so they can get high.
That's a big jump from usage to addiction. I've taken opiate narcotics at various times--substances that are very addictive--yet I didn't become an addict.

Twilight Hue

Does pot have any real medical benefits? It seems to greatly help with epileptic siezures but the hallucinogenic part of pot is removed.
That's where it's usefulness lay. Take out the THC and it becomes clear with people weither getting high has more precedence than its medical benefit.

Otherwise, people only want it just for the high if the THC is contested.