• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Complaints About Christianity?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It's really no different than Christians who dismiss us apostates and wave away what we went through. They don't really want to hear us out and they insist we were never really true Christians to begin with
You gotta laugh about their constant use of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy. If we didn't laugh, we would cry.

IndigoChild5559

Isn't that true, though? I don't know your personal story that well, I didn't know that you were once Christian. For me, it was true. I just wanted to sin and I did. I couldn't change Christianity to suit me. I mean, I'm reading your sig. The idea that you may have just wanted to sin doesn't seem farfetched to me.
You are displaying the same "mind reading" chutzpah that we were criticizing. Not everyone is you. Just because you had certain motivations, doesn't mean that others share them, ESPECIALLY if they say they don't.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
You absolutely did accuse and were abusive. You said, and I quote, "

And you have not a shred of evidence that what you are saying about them is true. Heck, I'm not even a Christian, and *I* am offended by this.

It's also good if you don't believe Jesus rose from the dead 2000 years ago. I'm cool with that.
You can continue to believe that millions of people believe that a man rose from the grave 2000 years ago is waiting in heaven now and will return with the new earth and new heaven and judge the world. You’re entitled to believe that. I’m not taking that away from you. I just don’t believe it. It’s all good. Do I have to believe it?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Isn't that true, though? I don't know your personal story that well, I didn't know that you were once Christian. For me, it was true. I just wanted to sin and I did. I couldn't change Christianity to suit me. I mean, I'm reading your sig. The idea that you may have just wanted to sin doesn't seem farfetched to me.
No, it's not true. I was very devoted amd sinning was tue last thing I wanted do. I left because I was miserable and unable to reconcile many contradictions and things not making sense and knowledge learned outside the insular bubble lead me to reading the Bible with my own eyes and being horrified at what I read.
And as was pointed out, you are doing what is being criticized.
I mean, I don't want to see anyone suffer but I would have advised you to be yourself. That doesn't mean to make someone else into you or you into someone else, it means be yourself.
Being myself is a sin according to Christianity.
don't know what this means. modern-day Christianity morphed into something else, and it certainly has a history of destructiveness, but it was also destroyed in a sense when people changed it into something else.
The Christian Cult I left is still alive amd thriving.
What it means is Christians wanting to be like poster and insist they know what others really believe.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

You can continue to believe that millions of people believe that a man rose from the grave 2000 years ago is waiting in heaven now and will return with the new earth and new heaven and judge the world. You’re entitled to believe that. I’m not taking that away from you. I just don’t believe it. It’s all good. Do I have to believe it?
At best it makes you sound like a jerk to say "this is what people believe but I believe they believe differently."

Jimmy

Veteran Member
At best it makes you sound like a jerk to say "this is what people believe but I believe they believe differently."
It’s the truth though. I guess I probably should stop saying it. No one will ever admit it anyway because it’s their culture, they teach their children this, it’s a beautiful engaging story, beautiful churches to go to. Etc. More elequent than my one sentence belief. Haha.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
One last thing and I won’t bring it up anymore. Those preachers on Christian radio are pretty fired up aren’t they? Pretty fired up over a man who died 2000 years ago huh?

GoodAttention

One last thing and I won’t bring it up anymore. Those preachers on Christian radio are pretty fired up aren’t they? Pretty fired up over a man who died 2000 years ago huh?

Its a job like any other.

Can't complain about what puts food on a table and pays for your medication.

Kelsey Grammar made an entire show about it.

IndigoChild5559

I think you misread me. My remark implied that I don't believe it, and that this is also okay.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Do you have any complaints about Christianity?

What are some of the things about Christianity that you personally do not approve of; or accept in the contents of the bible?

Am a person who has limited interaction with others aside from the internet; curious to anyone and everyone and their thoughts on these things here at ReligiousForums.com.
I don’t like the word complaint. Maybe what improvements could Christianity make? Like any religion I think if Christianity accepted the Divine origin of all the other religions we would have peace. No religion should ever think it is the only Divine or true religion. They are all true. We are all the same human race so we should not use religion to shun or despise one another. Otherwise we are much better off without it.

Christ taught love so that should always remain the focus of Christianity. Muhammad taught peace so that should be its focus. Buddha taught mindfulness and to do no harm so that should be its focus. Hinduism overall teaches ahimsa or non violence so that should be its main emphasis. Baha’u’llah taught unity of mankind so uniting all is its goal.

Religionists has gotten far away from the true goal of their religion which is to become virtuous and instead are using it for egotistical purposes such as power & wealth & saying they are the only way or the only truth and superior to all others when that is not the main point of religion which is to live in love for one another and in peace. So we need to get back to the basics and forget this egotistical nonsense of superiority and being the only custodians of truth or the only ones saved etc. All are loved. All are welcomed and all are cherished and precious. All life needs to be treated with dignity as it is sacred and humans are specially blessed with abilities and capacities to do wonderful things.

Maninthemiddle

Do you have any complaints about Christianity?

What are some of the things about Christianity that you personally do not approve of; or accept in the contents of the bible?

Am a person who has limited interaction with others aside from the internet; curious to anyone and everyone and their thoughts on these things here at ReligiousForums.com.
As a non Christian its really a waste of my time to concern myself with anything in the Bible.
Its obviously benefits many Christians in a positive way so overall I'm happy they found there path.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
No, it's not true.

Being myself is a sin according to Christianity.

You can't have it both ways. Either you didn't want to sin, by being yourself, or you did. Breaking the law makes you a criminal in the country you live in. You either have to stop doing that or get out of the country. You can't defend yourself against your actions by insisting the country change their laws to appease your nature.

I was very devoted amd sinning was tue last thing I wanted do.

Well, that's what it's about. That's true of everyone. We are all sinners, according to even apostate modern-day Christianity we inherited sin from Adam. All sin is the same, it all comes from the same source.

I left because I was miserable and unable to reconcile many contradictions and things not making sense and knowledge learned outside the insular bubble lead me to reading the Bible with my own eyes and being horrified at what I read.

Why were you miserable if you were devoted or why were you devoted if you were miserable? It doesn't make any sense, especially when it's not Christianity per se you have the problem with, it's the Bible and God. That's why I said I would have advised you to be yourself. Does that not make sense to you? Let's say a female friend of yours suddenly wanted you to change your relationship because she "fell in love" with you and she expected you to do the same, settle down and have a family. I've had that experience and I know many other gay men I knew did as well. Many of them did just that and were secretly practicing homosexuality without their family knowing it. A wife and kids at home.

And as was pointed out, you are doing what is being criticized.

First of all, I'm not a Christian, secondly, I don't think you are necessarily apostate just because you've abandoned apostate Christianity, though it sounds like you are apostate because of your admitted former devotion and your signature to Satan, since apostacy is defined as turning your back on God, thirdly being apostate isn't an insult to apostates, you only seem to be stigmatizing it in a derogatory sense. The question is why? It seems to me the entire point of your position is that you think Christianity should have changed to suit you. And fourthly, I'm not waving away what you went through because I've no idea what that is.

I advised you to be yourself, and that means turning your back on God. God gives us a choice in this life, to accept or reject him. Both are acceptable to him but you can't expect to say that he makes you miserable, is contradictory, doesn't make sense, creates an insular bubble and horrifies you. Especially after you've said you didn't want to sin and you were devoted - prior to your having read the Bible?!

How do you think that is even possible?

You're just pissed that you don't belong in Christianity, that they can't accept you for what you are. But would you feel like that to your female friend in my analogy above? You hate God for what he is, because he isn't what you think he should be. And that's fine. You should be apostate; you should be yourself and you may think it unfortunate - maybe it is and maybe it isn't - but that's the way it should be. For you.

Everyone is different but everyone has their burden to bear.

The Christian Cult I left is still alive amd thriving.

What I mean is that Christianity was, in a sense, destroyed when it was turned into something else. Christianity is apostate. It adopted all sorts of pagan nonsense that has nothing to do with the Bible.

What it means is Christians wanting to be like poster and insist they know what others really believe.

I get so sick of that excuse. They think they know you and what you believe just as that counter complaint does the same.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
You are displaying the same "mind reading" chutzpah that we were criticizing. Not everyone is you. Just because you had certain motivations, doesn't mean that others share them, ESPECIALLY if they say they don't.

Okay, what do I read in his mind? What were my motivations and what were his and where did he say he didn't?

Really. Stop and think about it.

Shadow Wolf

You can't have it both ways. Either you didn't want to sin, by being yourself, or you did. Breaking the law makes you a criminal in the country you live in. You either have to stop doing that or get out of the country. You can't defend yourself against your actions by insisting the country change their laws to appease your nature.
Actually, I wasn't being me in the Church and even outside there was a lot of cultural pressures and taboo and prejudices to get over.
This is why we don't pretend to read minds and assert we really know better what an individual believes than the individual.
Why were you miserable if you were devoted or why were you devoted if you were miserable? It doesn't make any sense,
Makes a lot of sense to me.
or why were you devoted if you were miserable? It doesn't make any sense, especially when it's not Christianity per se you have the problem with, it's the Bible and God.
This is more of that pretending to know. And why we don't do it, because yes indeed for quite a while I hated everything Christianity.
You're just pissed that you don't belong in Christianity,
*giggle snort* Thats as equally bad as whem Jordan Peterson told Sam Harris that Harris, an atheist, lives his life as though he believes god is real.
You're playing mind reader again, and very wrong.
What I mean is that Christianity was, in a sense, destroyed when it was turned into something else. Christianity is apostate. It adopted all sorts of pagan nonsense that has nothing to do with the Bible.
Christianity has always been steeped in Paganism.
I get so sick of that excuse. They think they know you and what you believe just as that counter complaint does the same.
Then why do you do it?

Shadow Wolf

You gotta laugh about their constant use of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy. If we didn't laugh, we would cry.
I laugh because they refuse to consider harmful things they do, won't ponder contradictiins they teach, and instead dismiss it amd wave it all away, which ironically is also waving away their religion as more people leave due to the toxic and foolish dogma (much of it not even that old as far as Christian theology is concerned) and ill behaved Christians.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Your Complaints About Christianity?
I would say that Christianity comes off to me as a human sacrifice religion, which I am dead against.

I don't like how it deals with sin (the human sacrifice and related theology).
(Jesus)Yeshua (son of Mary/Meriam/Maryam) - the truthful Israelite Messiah ( he was not of Judaic descent) was never a "Christian"- a misnomer, it was/is never Yeshua's religion in his teachings as well as in his deeds, right, please?
I agree with the above points mentioned by our friend Rival.

Regards

IndigoChild5559

I laugh because they refuse to consider harmful things they do, won't ponder contradictiins they teach, and instead dismiss it amd wave it all away, which ironically is also waving away their religion as more people leave due to the toxic and foolish dogma (much of it not even that old as far as Christian theology is concerned) and ill behaved Christians.
I know that admitting problems is very difficult for most everyone, myself included. But I try very, very hard to be brutally honest with myself, admitting to problems in my religion, and other things I think true. I don't know how it comes across to others, but I know that when I see a person say, "I just don't know the answer to that. But my faith still means a lot to me," I respect that person.