• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your position about Islam

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Allah orders women to wear hijab or niqab in the Quraan.

Openly live and practice? No. Actions have implications on societies as whole. Acting on emotions towards the same sex is considered a major sin and we dont want our children to grow asking why two men are living together.

Based on these two answers alone, I know I am not interested in living in even your "ideal" Muslim society. Sexually repressed cultures that discriminate against women, sexual and gender minorities are quite disgusting places.

As for those who leave Islam, I leave this for scholars to have the say about it.

And what do they say?

Sabour

By "not being abused" does that mean "rape"? People don't rape just because they can see a woman's hair. Christian women are able to live quite well without having their hair covered in public. Why aren't Muslim men also required to cover their hair?

I am glad you asked about that word. I read the verse again in Arabic and it is only the translation that I used that used the word abuse. I think other translations would use different words.

They I find is that an appropriate word or expression is having no harm.

That Harm is not necessarily physical, it can be words they hear or stuff like that ....

About the men covering hear, where did you get this from ?

In order for something to "sound like the truth" to me it would have to line up with verifiable evidence.

What about prophecies? What about scientific signs?

He might exist, but I'm not convinced of it, no.

If you are open to the possibility, I suggest you look sincerely into it and ask God for guidance.

Hope we can discuss things further more if you want

Last edited:

paragon

Two things I wish to hear from members so we can debate when there is a room for debate. I would be basing my answers from the Quraan when possible.

1- What is your position about Islam?

2- Do you have any questions that you would like having answers to?

3- Why do you think Islam is wrong?

1. It is a good religion with it's strengths and weaknesses just like any other belief system.

2. No

3. Loaded question.

As wrong and incorrect as a hammer or a screw driver can be when employed with a task outside its capacity.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
No, It would be a theocracy... just like if every other religion was in complete control of a nation. This happened when the Catholic Church owned most of Europe, and anyone who wasn't a die-hard papist was tortured/ burned/ ripped open/ etc.

Yup. But to be fair, the various Protestant sects were also gleefully slaughtering everyone else who wasn't part of their sect or were deemed "heretics", Catholics and others.

Sabour

That sure sounds weird to me, particularly as a reason to follow an Abrahamic Faith.

One that is usually very opposed to Evolutionism, no less. Not good credentials to speak about seeking truth.

That reply is something I expected to hear.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Except in our topic.

You believe Islam is the truth and Islam would certainly bring me misery if I converted to it. It's moral teachings are much like Catholicism, especially in the sexual area, but even more restrictive since we can't eat pork, drink alcohol or smoke. No, thanks!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No, It would be a theocracy... just like if every other religion was in complete control of a nation. This happened when the Catholic Church owned most of Europe, and anyone who wasn't a die-hard papist was tortured/ burned/ ripped open/ etc.

Worse than most, actually. Islam has no competition in that regard other than Christianity.

Sabour

It is about how Allah wants things to happen.

Perhaps that ages had different needs. Perhaps it is a test. I dont know the reason and we don't question such things in Islam saying why Allah did this instead of that because Allah is the All Knowing

That's not an answer. That's a refusal to even consider the question. :facepalm:

Jews and Christians don't have a problem with questioning why god does this or that and they develop reasonable (yet still debatable) arguments for their views. Why is Islam so inept as to not be able to develop such a sophisicated body of logical argumentation as its sibling faiths, Judaism and Christianity? I've never argued with a Muslim that was able to stack up to the best Christian philosophers and theologians, or even knowledgeable Christian apologists. You've had about 1,400 years to do so!

I presented an argument by saying perhaps it is because of different needs for different people in different ages.

One of the greatest teachings of Islam is to take things gradually and step by step.

However I don't know how accurate that answer is because it is based on how I am seeing things

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I presented an argument by saying perhaps it is because of different needs for different people in different ages.

One of the greatest teachings of Islam is to take things gradually and step by step.

However I don't know how accurate that answer is because it is based on how I am seeing things

Okay, if there's different needs for different people in different ages, than why should we believe that Mohammad is the final prophet or that Islam is for all of humanity for eternity? Different groups do have different needs that change according to the times so why shouldn't they just stick with their own native ways?

Sabour

Based on these two answers alone, I know I am not interested in living in even your "ideal" Muslim society. Sexually repressed cultures that discriminate against women, sexual and gender minorities are quite disgusting places.

And what do they say?

Islam is living by what is acceptable for God and not by our own desires. I knew that you would say something like that but we are not to change what Islam is to suit anyone.Islam is about adhering to what Allah tells us to do and it is not that we look for what suits us.

As for what the scholars say about apostasy it is debatable.

You can refer to this thread.

www.religiousforums.com/forum/islam-dir/166373-apostasy-islam.html#post3867655

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Islam is living by what is acceptable for God and not by our own desires. I knew that you would say something like that but we are not to change what Islam is to suit anyone.Islam is about adhering to what Allah tells us to do and it is not that we look for what suits us.

Well, if Islam is not going to allow for women's rights and LGBT rights, it deserves to go into the dustbin of history as such views become increasingly marginalized and laughable to more knowledgeable societies. You will certainly not be converting me.

Sabour

For the first part of your post it is something that I have already proved through the Quraan but you seem insisted on your position, so I have nothing to add.

Regarding your second part you made a claim and didn't ask any question and that claim has been discussed enough in the thread was Islam spread by the sword.

I found nothing to talk about as I believe debating you about your points will get us nowhere

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
For the first part of your post it is something that I have already proved through the Quraan but you seem insisted on your position, so I have nothing to add.

Regarding your second part you made a claim and didn't ask any question and that claim has been discussed enough in the thread was Islam spread by the sword.

I found nothing to talk about as I believe debating you about your points will get us nowhere
Well, anytime you are interested in an honest discussion, I'll be here - waiting...

Sabour

Okay, if there's different needs for different people in different ages, than why should we believe that Mohammad is the final prophet or that Islam is for all of humanity for eternity? Different groups do have different needs that change according to the times so why shouldn't they just stick with their own native ways?

because there are no more prophets neither revelations and that would be of little significance if you dont believe in Quraan but it says that Muhammad peace be upon him is the seal of the prophets and Islam is the way acceptable to Allah. So if at one point you believe in Quraan so you must believe in that also

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
because there are no more prophets neither revelations and that would be of little significance if you dont believe in Quraan but it says that Muhammad peace be upon him is the seal of the prophets and Islam is the way acceptable to Allah. So if at one point you believe in Quraan so you must believe in that also

You're the one who said there could've been different needs for different people in different ages. So you contradicted yourself.