• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your position about Islam

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Almost all religions have their own terminology. Christianity is a classic example. Hebrew was translated to Greek so we stick with greek terms. Christ is an excellent example. Most Christians think Yeshua's name is Jesus Christ because it's the Greek version. Christ isn't even a name but a title meaning the messiah. Jesus is the Greek translation of Yeshua's name in English. If we translated his name directly to English it would be Joshua. So a Muslim could ask you the same question if you're Christian. Why don't you call Yeshua the Messiah Joshua.

In modern times, which is what we are living in, "God" is universal. That's all I'm trying to say.

Tabb

There's a difference though. Jews do not believe their religion to be universal, and doesn't encourage conversion. Islam does; if Muslims want Islam to be seen as all-inclusive, then dump the Arabic when speaking in English. One has to see commonality in order to even consider converting.

This is what people see:
"Allah"="Arabic God"
"God"="Universal God"

Christians don't. We say Jesus Christ which is totally Greek in origin as most of Christianity. We don't do a direct translation of Yeshua's name. We say Jesus Christ instead of Joshua the Messiah.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Christians don't. We say Jesus Christ which is totally Greek in origin as most of Christianity. We don't do a direct translation of Yeshua's name. We say Jesus Christ instead of Joshua the Messiah.

all right. But we are speaking about the word God. In almost all languages, the word God is impersonal. It is even used to talk about pagan gods. For example : god Mars, or god Zeus.
this also happens in Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German and so on.

so...if all Christians use the word God when they speak English, why are Muslims the only ones who sometimes don't?

It's like mixing up religion with language

Last edited:

Parsimony

Well than never mind, you can look at other proof in the Quraan or you can forget this scientific hints approach if you find it ambiguous.
What is the other proof?

If Allah wanted everyone to believe, Allah would have done it without even the Quraan.
If He doesn't want everyone to believe, then He should be understanding when we don't believe.

It is true that this is our position of Quraan because it is verified to us that it is the Word of God. However, what you stated isn't what Allah willed.

Quraan is not only for muslims, Quraan is for the whole of mankind. There is a huge amount of people who accept Islam due to some of the miracles of the Quraan. Even back in the 10th century things might be getting that way and some of the information may have been believed as being false. (Just a guess here)
If the Quran is for the whole world then why would God not want everyone to accept it as His word? You implied just before now that He doesn't want everyone to believe.

The question is, if there weren't mountains, would there be far more earthquakes?
Earthquakes are caused by a release of pressure at the boundary between two tectonic plates. How would mountains prevent that?

This is between you and God. If you are doing it from your heart I am sure you will be guided. Just have faith, be patient, and keep on searching. Things are not handed to us if we don't go out there and look.

I suggest when asking Allah that you would bow down and put your head on the floor for that is the way men worship God, according to all the scriptures.

Also from the title of your religion you have put, I was going to ask you to watch a video for Joshua Evans on youtube called " how the bible lead me to Islam". But I don't know if that has any relation to your case.

I wish you give it a try. I know it is a long video but it may be worth it.
I'll keep searching.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Kryptid said:
If He [Allah] doesn't want everyone to believe, then He should be understanding when we don't believe.

You don't have to read very far into the Quran, no more than 5 pages, to be told that Allah deliberately made some of us not to believe.

Allah has set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, (i.e. they are closed from accepting Allah's guidance), and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be a great torment.

Sounds like a cool guy to spend eternity with!

outhouse

Atheistically
.Most Christians think Yeshua's name is Jesus Christ because it's the Greek version.

Ignorantly so?

You know your lost here

Jesus is the Greek translation of Yeshua's name in English.

:facepalm: stop it.

Jesus is Latin

Koine Greek is Iēsoûs

Hebrew is Yeshua and Yehoshua

All of which may have been foreign to his ears.

Isho is Aramaic. And the possible the closest guess we have to his name in a Galileans peasants native tongue

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
all right. But we are speaking about the word God. In almost all languages, the word God is impersonal. It is even used to talk about pagan gods. For example : god Mars, or god Zeus.
this also happens in Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German and so on.

so...if all Christians use the word God when they speak English, why are Muslims the only ones who sometimes don't?

Allah is equivalent of God. Islam/Quran/Muhammad did not invent this word. Christians Arabic Bible has also used it. Allah is inclusive of all the good attributes of G-d.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Kryptid said:

You don't have to read very far into the Quran, no more than 5 pages, to be told that Allah deliberately made some of us not to believe.

Sounds like a cool guy to spend eternity with!

It is a wrong understanding.

Regards

Tabb

In modern times, which is what we are living in, "God" is universal. That's all I'm trying to say.

Is it really because in French its Dieu, in Spanish it's Dios and in Russian the pronunciations is Boch the spelling uses letters not in our alphabet. So you see what you did was to anglicized his title.

We use the Word Christ when referring to Jesus when that is a Greek word for the title Messiah.

Last edited:

Tabb

This is repeating what I've previously posted:
Is it really because in French its Dieu, in Spanish it's Dios and in Russian the pronunciations is Boch the spelling uses letters not in our alphabet. So you see what you did was to anglicized his title.

We use the Word Christ when referring to Jesus when that is a Greek word for the title Messiah.

outhouse

Atheistically
Jesus when that is a Greek word for the title Messiah.

:facepalm:

stop it.

Jesus is Latin

Koine Greek is Iēsoûs

Isho is Aramaic. And the possible the closest guess we have to his name in a Galileans peasants native tongue

Tabb

:facepalm:

stop it.

Jesus is Latin

Koine Greek is Iēsoûs

Ahh but you misread what I wrote. I was referring to the title Christ which is the Latin translation of the Greek word Christos translated from the Hebrew word meaning The Messiah.

The who point is it's a silly arguement about Muslims using the Arabic name for god when the same thing is done by Christians with Greek and Latin names.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I am not familiar with the term apologist, although I have heard it a lot.
An apologist is a person that argues for a particular religion or belief.
Well I would agree to what you said and linking it to building and stuff, but what I am doing on this thread is replying to everyone based on his answers.
But you didn't reply to mine. You responded, but all you did was repeat the claim that I proved was wrong.
You've said that Muhammad peace be upon him was who came up with them when all Islamic and non Islamic sources agree that Muhammad peace be upon him couldn't read or right.
Doubtless these are the same sources who told you that Islam is from God. I just proved that they are wrong. What else are they wrong about?
Enemies of Islam have been since the beginning and the Quraan openly challenges anyone to come up with like when chapter of the Quraan. Why enemies of Islam at that time didn't do it when they are are best in poetry. Also logically, it is impossible for a one man, no matter how ambitious he was, to be able to do what Muhammad peace be upon him did.
There is nothing logically impossible about anything Muhammad did. Nor is there any way to tell whether anybody rivaled his skill at poetry, since few people of the day could afford to have their works written down. There isn't even a way to tell if he actually wrote any of the Quran, he may have collected the works of other people.
None of this is just my opinion, it is common knowledge about 7th century Arabic culture.

I would suggest that you would read about Gary Miller and how he approached Quraan and tried to prove it wrong, but he ended up being a muslim.
I don't know who Gary Miller is. Is he one of the people who falsely claims that Muhammad needed to be skilled with a pen in order to collect/compose oral poetry?

Back to your building example, frankly, I don't know where to start, if that concerns you
I am pointing out that you made a claim I have heard many times before, long enough ago to investigate it for myself. It was demonstrated to be wrong. But I keep hearing it from Muslims.
The thing is, it isn't about somebody's opinion, or some modern science, it is about Muhammad and his life and his world. The facts aren't hard to find, if you care to look. Muslims will believe things that are demonstrably wrong about Muhammad.

Doing things logically is a way to go.

Muhammad need not have been a scribe for the Quraan to exist. Muslims claim that without this technical skill the Quraan must be a miracle, when there is another quite plausible explanation.

So, logically I must conclude the Islam is a belief held by people who believe untrue things, including about Muhammad and the Quraan.

if that concerns you...

Tom

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

What? In your argument, you are only proving my point. People call "God" "dios" when speaking SPANISH. In English, He is "God." In Arabic, he is "Allah." In English, He is "God". Nothing "anglicized" about it, unless "Allah" doesn't mean "God".

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
1- What is your position about Islam?

My position can change over time. It is you who can make a difference, not me. Today, I live in this time, and now. I see Islamic extremists wanting to exterminate my people. So the question is in both of our hands, you and me, but mostly you.

When do you speak against this devil?

Let me give just one example. But I can give many more. Do not think others do not know as much as you do.

Those Islamic extremists want to kill the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia, so that shows they do not know anything about Islam. The King is not just a governmental office for some national boundary which can change from time to time. In fact the King in this case is the Custodian of the Two Mosques, specifically the Mosque of Mecca and Medina. So the King is that. Do you understand? This cannot be an elected office to be this Custodian. Nor taken by banjees. Who would be the voters? If Islam is for all the world, then should all the world elect the Custodian of the Two Mosques? For example people living in Sodom and Gomorrah? How about those in Hollywood, should they vote to elect the Custodian?

Of course not.

How about all of Islam, but only them? The members of Islam?

So then whatever Islam is in Indonesia, they will be the one's who decide, and their sect of Islam will be the favored based on the idiocy of a simple head count. Insane.

So should only Arabs vote to the Custodian of the Two Mosques? Abomination. The war from Shia will come soon.

If there is a God Allah in Islam, then there is only one way for the Custodian of the Two Mosques considering all factors, considering all Islam, considering ensuring politics takes second place to tradition and the vital need for a secure passage of Custodian from one to the next generation, and most of all ensuring peace. My answer is best, because it isn't my answer it is the voice of those who are not insane, at least not totally, it is the voice uf "common sense".

That is the King and Custodian of the Two Mosques, and Allah will be smiling on the King. Yes, a Royal Family may change sometime, but not just anytime. If there is a God Allah in Islam, God would determine that. Times of the Custodian must move slow, not fast. But if it is an election, would it be every four years? Every year? What chaos would there be each time?

Islamic extremists hate the Kingdom. When they attack the Custodian, they attack the Mosque in Mecca and Medina directly. So they are an enemy of Islam. They will suffer in the Next. They will also destroy Mecca itself if they take power, because they have no right, no ability, to ever be diligent, to ever hold for even 11 days Custodianship. Then the new Idol will be the fire of their own maddness. They are a devil.

2- Do you have any questions that you would like having answers to?

When will you go to the terrorist and tell them directly what is Islam?

3- Why do you think Islam is wrong?

Who is wrong if it is of the Divine? Who is right if it is not of the love of children?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
paarsurrey,

I said:

And you said:
It is a wrong understanding.

Can you explain your opinion?