• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your position about Islam

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Here is another point about Islam that I have a problem with and this is something that is found in every single Muslim I have talked with.

A Muslim man may marry a non-Muslim woman ONLY if he plans to convert her. A Muslim woman may not marry a non-Muslim man, period.

This, I think, perfectly illustrates my biggest concern with Islam and that is the sexist nature of the religion. It isn't the fanatics even who are my biggest concern (though that is a concern) but the widespread way that women are viewed and, in many cases, subsequently treated .

outhouse

Atheistically
You are right. He was a warrior and killed so many people. I am ashamed of my ignorance.

:facepalm: was not a warrior either

What do you call having his disciples carrying a sword at his arrest?

What do you can attacking Israel's treasury overturning tellers money?

What do you call whipping people in gods house?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
O my God. Did you read the Gospel? In fact Jesus tells Peter to put away the sword.
If he hadn't been a pacifist, he would have said: Yes, Peter, slay them! Defend me!

Feeling disgust towards money-hunger in a holy place...does it have something to do with pacifism?

Did he kill them? It was the only way to throw those "people" out of the temple.
He didn't touch them and he didn't harm them.

Last edited:

Tabb

I mean that Jesus has never killed anyone. It is very laughable to keep listening always to the same things: that a pacifist like Jesus is compared to prophets who have nothing to do with pacifism

Well I didn't do that. I was merely acknowledging that I did infact read about that version. Yeshua was however considered a dissident by the government. His actions at the Temple caused his death.

I'm not comparing Yeshua to anyone.

MD

qualiaphile
Go back and reread what I wrote. I did not defend slavery. I pointed out that those dates are wholly wrong and provided a reference where the facts can be found,

This whole thread you're acting like a typical liberal defending a religion which bans music and dogs and will whip you for having wine and stone you for having an affair. I can understand the people born into the faith or those who have a cultural connection to it, but white liberals like you who have 0 interaction with true Islam are quite frankly stupid.

:facepalm::facepalm:

MD

qualiaphile
Are we really arguing the difference between 1000 years and 400 years of the evil of slavery. The stain is on everyone's house. Africans, Europeans, and Asia Minor. It is an evil of mankind and no one culture has a monopoly on this evil.

The Arabs made slavery into a giant market, the Europeans simply adopted the market and found ways to exploit it further, in true capitalist fashion.

Your brainwashing is pretty strong.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well I didn't do that. I was merely acknowledging that I did infact read about that version. Yeshua was however considered a dissident by the government. His actions at the Temple caused his death.

I'm not comparing Yeshua to anyone.

I've a deep respect towards other people's religions, as long as they respect the freedom of sexual expression and the freedom of choice, and of thought.

All that really matters is that people acknowledge their mistakes. As all religions did, including Christianity.
And when all the women of the Middle East will be wearing sexy and seducing clothes like miniskirts and tops (because it will happen...I assure you that it will), those people will have acknowledged the mistakes of the past.

Last edited:

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
:facepalm: was not a warrior either

I call it pretty bad-a**, and I'm not even Christian.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

outhouse

Atheistically
I call it pretty bad-a**, and I'm not even Christian.

Agreed.

There is a good reason why a single man was remembered and claimed as god son.

He stood up against the corruption in the temple, and the Roman power by himself.

I think his motive was to use the crowds to incite a riot to overthrow the government and failed, but none the less, his selfless actions generated the martyrdom that produced the mythology we have today

He wasn't a pedophile warrior who had to use a sword to spread his message

Tabb

I've a deep respect towards other people's religions, as long as they respect the freedom of sexual expression and the freedom of choice, and of thought.

All that really matters is that people acknowledge their mistakes. As all religions did, including Christianity.
And when all the women of the Middle East will be wearing sexy and seducing clothes like miniskirts and tops (because it will happen...I assure you that it will), those people will have acknowledged the mistakes of the past.

I'm confused. What are you talking about? Do you have me mixed up with another poster?

outhouse

Atheistically
Self Defense

Nope.

Zealots were not into self defense ;)

They were illegal and death on the spot was the justice for having one.

Fighting corruption

YES

Where does it say he actually whipped them? It said he drove them out.

400,000 ish people in a very very small space.

Just about impossible to have one in your hand and not strike people.

Reality is, it is most likely fiction.

You could not tip over a money table either. It was like a bank teller that had a guard, They would have arrested him on the spot do not pass go, instantly.

We really don't know what happened in the temple other then he caused enough disturbance [physical action] to find himself the next day on a cross.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I hope that only interested member about the topic would reply to it.

I have been pointed to create this thread in this section so I would be able to debate things.

Please note that some complex questions may require some time so I can get the answer to. I may also answer some question along with youtube videos.

I wish questions would be more directed towards theology and about Islam rather than being about Muslims and what they seem to do.

After all, not all muslims represent Islam. I would like to start with a misconception about Islam. This misconception is that we hate Jesus peace be upon him. As a matter of fact we don't and it is the other way round. Jesus peace be upon him is one of the greatest prophets in Islam and no one can be a muslim without believing in him and his miraculous birth from the mother Mary. There are far more misconceptions about Islam an here I would like to shed light and debate some of them

Two things I wish to hear from members so we can debate when there is a room for debate. I would be basing my answers from the Quraan when possible.

1- What is your position about Islam?

I believe my position is that Jesus saves and Islam does not.

2- Do you have any questions that you would like having answers to?

I believe there is a dichotomy between the verses that say "Say" which implies the angel is giving a message and other verses that do not say that as in Mohammed hearing from God directly. Do the scholrs see that also?

3- Why do you think Islam is wrong?

I believe adherents of Islam have misinterpreted the Qu'ran many times but that the Qu'ran is the Word of God and therfore can't be wrong. I believe Islam itself is right but unachievable at this time and therefore salvation is necessary instead.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe this expression comes from a spirit of anti-christ.

I believe a relgion doesn't make mistakes unless it is a man made religion but there are times when religious people make mistakes about their religion.

I believe wearing provocative clothing to be sinful and those doing it are making a mistake about their religion.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I believe this expression comes from a spirit of anti-christ.

I believe a relgion doesn't make mistakes unless it is a man made religion but there are times when religious people make mistakes about their religion.

I believe wearing provocative clothing to be sinful and those doing it are making a mistake about their religion.

Please....are you serious?
A woman has the right to wear whatever she wants. The freedom of expression is sacred; God has given women beauty so they could show it.

Despising woman's body is like despising God's creation.
Besides...a woman is not inferior to man. Why do men have the right to wear whatever they want, whereas women don't?

Sexy clothes are for seducing men. What's wrong with that?

Last edited:

mahasn ebn sawresho

O my God. Did you read the Gospel? In fact Jesus tells Peter to put away the sword.
If he hadn't been a pacifist, he would have said: Yes, Peter, slay them! Defend me!

Feeling disgust towards money-hunger in a holy place...does it have something to do with pacifism?

Did he kill them? It was the only way to throw those "people" out of the temple.
He didn't touch them and he didn't harm them.
you are busty culturally
You send a no-nonsense indictment
You know very well that Jesus was not a declaration of war
And all the teachings of Jesus are teachings of peace and love
But you want to cover up the bloody teachings of Muhammad
And also you defend women
And not sure what women in Islam
Read well the Qur'anic verse
Which
Says
If you are a turd or Hunter women
Women in Islam have no value to them