• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your position about Islam

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I just want to underline that empress of Persia, Soraya used to wear sexy dresses before the Islamic Revolution in Iran.
tre.jpg

she was the model for all women.

Last edited:

Sabour

Here is another point about Islam that I have a problem with and this is something that is found in every single Muslim I have talked with.

A Muslim man may marry a non-Muslim woman ONLY if he plans to convert her. A Muslim woman may not marry a non-Muslim man, period.

This, I think, perfectly illustrates my biggest concern with Islam and that is the sexist nature of the religion. It isn't the fanatics even who are my biggest concern (though that is a concern) but the widespread way that women are viewed and, in many cases, subsequently treated .

First of, we can't marry any non muslim women, we can only Marry of what is called "people of the book", this is because as muslims (men) we believe in their prophet.

However, the muslim men who a muslim women would be marrying doesn't believe in the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. So Allah made it that way for her own protection.

I advise you to read this article, and remember that:

In the end, it is important for us to realise that as we accept Allah(swt) as our Creator, we bring belief on to what He has decreed for us and accept that to be in our best interest. Thus we hear and we obey. The reasons which were stated in the article are not absolute but the wisdom of Allah(swt) is Absolute. Thus, hypothetically, if we are to say that all the reasons stated above are invalid today, still the ruling of Allah(swt) remains and we are to obey it.

Interfaith Marriages: Why can

Sabour

I believe adherents of Islam have misinterpreted the Qu'ran many times but that the Qu'ran is the Word of God and therfore can't be wrong. I believe Islam itself is right but unachievable at this time and therefore salvation is necessary instead.

I believe my position is that Jesus saves and Islam does not.

Jesus peace be upon him was one of the prophets of Islam so the message of Jesus peace be upon him is same as that of Islam.

I believe there is a dichotomy between the verses that say "Say" which implies the angel is giving a message and other verses that do not say that as in Mohammed hearing from God directly. Do the scholrs see that also?

I didn't understand what you mean by that, but Muhammad peace be upon him used to receive revelation through the angel Gabriel

I believe adherents of Islam have misinterpreted the Qu'ran many times but that the Qu'ran is the Word of God and therfore can't be wrong. I believe Islam itself is right but unachievable at this time and therefore salvation is necessary instead.

That is odd to hear. How do you believe that something that is right and sent from God can't be achieved? Am I right in what I concluded ?

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I would suggest you read the article I posted with the answer.

Oh, I'm well familiar with the Islamic restrictions pertaining to interfaith relationships and marriages. In fact, I was initially the first one in this thread to bring it up a few pages ago (I even discussed it with Ssainhu, who succinctly outlined the hypocrisy and inconsistency of such restrictions).

You see, 0ne-answer, one of the best ways I evaluate a socio-religious community's openness and compatibility with a pluralistic socio-cultural environment is by analyzing the rate of allowance of interfaith marriages, particularly that of female members marrying male non-members. And Islam, unfortunately, has a horrible track record in this regard. Not only is a conversion a requirement, Muslim females are often never allowed to marry non-Muslim males (especially if the non-Muslim males desire to retain their original religious identities).

Sabour

Oh, I'm well familiar with the Islamic restrictions pertaining to interfaith relationships and marriages. In fact, I was initially the first one in this thread to bring it up a few pages ago (I even discussed it with Ssainhu, who succinctly outlined the hypocrisy and inconsistency of such restrictions).

You see, 0ne-answer, one of the best ways I evaluate a socio-religious community's openness and compatibility with a pluralistic socio-cultural environment is by analyzing the rate of allowance of interfaith marriages, particularly that of female members marrying male non-members. And Islam, unfortunately, has a horrible track record in this regard. Not only is a conversion a requirement, Muslim females are often never allowed to marry non-Muslim males (especially if the non-Muslim males desire to retain their original religious identities).

You have a way to see things, but it is not necessarily right. If something doesn't agrees with what you think, I suggest you would look at the reasons and reflect on them.

The single most important thing for a person is his beliefs and actions because they are what decide his faith.

Islam protects the muslim women and protect their beliefs. Allah orders us for what is best for us in this life and in the hereafter.

People are free to obey or disobey.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You have a way to see things, but it is not necessarily right. If something doesn't agrees with what you think, I suggest you would look at the reasons and reflect on them.

The single most important thing for a person is his beliefs and actions because they are what decide his faith.

Islam protects the muslim women and protect their beliefs. Allah orders us for what is best for us in this life and in the hereafter.

People are free to obey or disobey.

One-Answer, Based on your posts, it seems to me that the summary on this point would be:

Islam strongly discourages interfaith marriages
. Is that a fair summary?

Sabour

One-Answer, Based on your posts, it seems to me that the summary on this point would be:

Islam strongly discourages interfaith marriages
. Is that a fair summary?

According to the Quraan:

Muslim men can marry people of the scripture ( Christians and Jews) because Muslim men believe in the wife's prophet.

Muslim women can't marry a non muslims because the husband doesn't believe in her prophet. Hence this is for her protection.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
Incidentally I emailed The Muslim Times' a couple of years ago and asked-
"Do seriously ill muslims accept organ transplants from non-muslim infidels to save their lives?",
and they replied with one word- "Yes"

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
According to the Quraan:

Muslim men can marry people of the scripture ( Christians and Jews) because Muslim men believe in the wife's prophet.

Muslim women can't marry a non muslims because the husband doesn't believe in her prophet. Hence this is for her protection.

Just pure sexism.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I suggest you try to search and know the reasons for that.than judge accordingly. Also I suggest searching about women in islam.

I already know that Islam is an extremely sexist religion. All the Abrahamic religions are. All the rhetoric and sophistry you naively think passes for "good" and "logical" reasons can't hide that.

Sabour

I already know that Islam is an extremely sexist religion. All the Abrahamic religions are. All the rhetoric and sophistry you naively think passes for "good" and "logical" reasons can't hide that.

That is not what you know that is what you think.

Islam puts women in the higjest possible position and give her the respect she deserves.

However you are free to think what you want.

However, just let me tell you something. You, in particular, won't know what living in peace means until you really look into islam.

Dont reply to that if you don't want, but keep remembering the I told you so.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
That is not what you know that is what you think.

Islam puts women in the higjest possible position and give her the respect she deserves.

However you are free to think what you want.

However, just let me tell you something. You, in particular, won't know what living in peace means until you really look into islam.

Dont reply to that if you don't want, but keep remembering the I told you so.

This is just propaganda with no substance. You're just an apologist who is not interested in actual discussion or debate. Islam is sexist, homophobic, anti-freedom and anti-human. You just happen to see those things as positives and reject the reality of what they are.

Sabour

This is just propaganda with no substance. You're just an apologist who is not interested in actual discussion or debate. Islam is sexist, homophobic, anti-freedom and anti-human. You just happen to see those things as positives and reject the reality of what they are.

I won't be debating or disussing with some one who starts his replies with "I already know".

I hope you would one day you would look into the substance which you called propaganda.

outhouse

Atheistically
I hope you would one day you would look into the substance which you called propaganda.

Primitive people have no idea they are primitive, they are blind to their own actions because they do not know any better.

Do you fit this?

You told me once men could not be good better parent then a women :facepalm:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I won't be debating or disussing with some one who starts his replies with "I already know".

Does Islam view the sexes with equality? No.

Does Islam allow gay, lesbian and bisexual people to have their freedom and be free from judgement? No.

Does Islam believe in equal rights for all religions and non-religions? No.

Does Islam support secularism? No.

What you tell me is just spin in favor of those same positions but you tell me that I'm wrong. No, I just see through apologist sophistry.