• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I accepted Jesus in 1972, but became an atheist some years after 2000. Not quite sure when. But last couple of years I'm drawn more towards naturalistic pantheism, which means I'm still an atheist, but I'm starting to see the true value of to me a better understanding what Jesus is supposed to symbolize. Jesus isn't a physical entity somewhere in a different dimension that you talk to and somehow magically receive in your heart. You are Jesus. Your journey in life is a reflection of the salvation journey you are making. Accepting Jesus is more about realizing the totality of existence. Jesus is supposedly Logos, which are the physical laws of nature. It's just another name for Nature. Accepting the world as it is, is to receive Jesus. No magic involved.
oooohhhhh...prepare to be told how wrong you are and that you were never a Christian and you never really accepted Jesus and you need to "learn". ;)

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Some of us don't have to obey as we are already friends of the family. Happy grovelling though.
That is a teaching from your own imagination. Where do you get that some of us don't have to obey?
Who but Satan could be behind saying we don't have to obey Jesus?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
oooohhhhh...prepare to be told how wrong you are and that you were never a Christian and you never really accepted Jesus and you need to "learn". ;)
Yup. That's exactly what happens each time. Only the "True" Christian(tm) know the true gospel.

The terrible thing is... I thought that way too when I was Christian. :(

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Quit coming on here and saying anything. If you are agreeing with me, then agree. If you are not, then show where I said we are a building.

Uh, no.
I don't think I am agreeing with you. You immediately criticized the OP for what seems to be a all around opinion of yours that involves far too much 'works', what I assume you consider works. I don't hold that position.

This is all so discouraging. I would never worship a tyrant or accept this person into my life. It is like saying one must accept a cosmic Hitler in order to have peace. It makes no sense

That depends on how one thinks of Jesus.

I accepted Jesus in 1972, but became an atheist some years after 2000. Not quite sure when. But last couple of years I'm drawn more towards naturalistic pantheism, which means I'm still an atheist, but I'm starting to see the true value of to me a better understanding what Jesus is supposed to symbolize. Jesus isn't a physical entity somewhere in a different dimension that you talk to and somehow magically receive in your heart. You are Jesus. Your journey in life is a reflection of the salvation journey you are making. Accepting Jesus is more about realizing the totality of existence. Jesus is supposedly Logos, which are the physical laws of nature. It's just another name for Nature. Accepting the world as it is, is to receive Jesus. No magic involved.
Could be.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
@Yes

Your lack of character is disturbing but even more so your inability to say anything relevant yet trying to remain relevant

Yes

This is what GOD says about people such as yourself.

I am speaking about WHAT GOD SAYS. I believe what God says.

Why do people reject Jesus? Why do they believe in nothing, or in false gods/goddesses? The Bible tells us why people do not believe. The bible tells us why Jesus does not save many.

Those who don't believe and obey Jesus love darkness instead of light because their deeds are evil.

Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

They are stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, and they always resist the Holy Ghost.

They are obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations--

They do evil in God's sight and chose what displeases Him.

That which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations,

They exchange the truth of God for a lie.

They are self-seeking and they reject the truth and follow evil.

They do not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God.

They are hostile to God.

They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

They have been deceived by sin.

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Their minds are on earthly things.

When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart.

There are those who hear the word of God but the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. And there are those who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.

There are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.

They are stubborn and follow their own devices.

They are stubborn; the sinews of their neck are iron, their forehead are bronze.

They have stubborn and rebellious hearts; they have turned aside and gone away.

They do not listen or pay attention; instead, they follow the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts. They go backward and not forward.

They have stubborn pride.

They refuse to give up their evil practices and stubborn ways.

They are rebellious people, deceitful children, children unwilling to listen to the LORD’s instruction.
Stubborn like a heifer. How then can the LORD pasture them like lambs in a meadow?

Examine yourselves and you will see that the word of God is true.

John 3; Acts 7:51; Isaiah30:9; 65:2; 65:11,12; Romans 1:19-21; 1:25; 1:28; 2:8; 8:7; 2 Thessalonians 2:10; Hebrews 3:13; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4; Philippians 3:19; Matthew 13:19; Luke 8:11-16; Psalm 81:12; Isaiah 48:4; Jeremiah 5:23; 7:24; Leviticus 26:19; Judges 2:19; Hosea 4:16.

AllanV

This is all so discouraging. I would never worship a tyrant or accept this person into my life. It is like saying one must accept a cosmic Hitler in order to have peace. It makes no sense

Mankind is ruled now. How impulsive and dangerous is this world. Where does it all come from. What makes everyone behave the way they do. It must be from the mind.

It takes a bit to understand the mind but it is possible to renew it with the end result of a new quiet and peaceful nature. The mind is released from all odd thoughts, impulsiveness, addictions, immorality and in fact everything that is seen in behavior and even how other people make you feel and you them. Have Christians been changed, no, they are looking in the wrong place. It is not from the outside but inside where the transformation takes place.

A purified person in the nature of Jesus is energized by God's Spirit and not human spirit.

Yes

@Yes

Your lack of character is disturbing but even more so your inability to say anything relevant yet trying to remain relevant
You are doing the only thing that Satan has left you with to defend his false beliefs.

You have nothing left to do to me here, except verbally attack me.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
You are doing the only thing that Satan has left you with to defend his false beliefs.

You have nothing left to do to me here, except verbally attack me.

. . . on second thought.

Why on earth would you assume I worship Satan?

Yes

I have come under much criticism by Christians. You can have the paper But I know the Spirit.
The paper is the written Word of God. You do NOT have the Spirit if you did not obey that which was on the paper.
Are you saying we should keep the ten commandments and then we are saved.
We have to obey Jesus. We do not have to obey special days.
Those special days were about Jesus. Jesus came and we are to observe him all day and everyday.

We are saved when Jesus accepts us. Jesus accepts us when we obey him. Anytime you want scripture references, just ask.

AllanV

This is what GOD says about people such as yourself.

I am speaking about WHAT GOD SAYS. I believe what God says.

Why do people reject Jesus? Why do they believe in nothing, or in false gods/goddesses? The Bible tells us why people do not believe. The bible tells us why Jesus does not save many.

John 3; Acts 7:51; Isaiah30:9; 65:2; 65:11,12; Romans 1:19-21; 1:25; 1:28; 2:8; 8:7; 2 Thessalonians 2:10; Hebrews 3:13; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4; Philippians 3:19; Matthew 13:19; Luke 8:11-16; Psalm 81:12; Isaiah 48:4; Jeremiah 5:23; 7:24; Leviticus 26:19; Judges 2:19; Hosea 4:16.

Are you speaking to backsliding Christians or to those who have no understanding of what Christianity is about?

Yes

. . . Says the verbal attacker.
You twist the truth I am defending myself from your lies about me.

I am speaking God's Truth and you have nothing else but insults and lies to defend the false beliefs you believe.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
You twist the truth I am defending myself from your lies about me.

I am speaking God's Truth and you have nothing else but insults and lies to defend the false beliefs you believe.

What are my "false beliefs" then?